PDA

View Full Version : MLS Cup: Colorado Rapids vs. FC Dallas prematch/match thread

Pages : [1] 2

TFC/Everton
11-14-2010, 10:56 PM
Well, I was hoping for New York vs. LA, but I guess we get to watch Dallas take on Colorado.

Game will not be sold out. You heard it hear first.

Red CB Toronto
11-14-2010, 11:11 PM
Coming into this weekend, their was only one way this games was going to have any buzz media wise and in the city in general and that will not happen. This game will now be just for the footy fans and the few interested souls.

AL-MO
11-14-2010, 11:19 PM
LOL quite the matchup.

I'm working the Supporters Summit in the morning and then heading to work.

kodiakTFC
11-14-2010, 11:23 PM
Wynne vs. Cunningham

BASE
11-14-2010, 11:33 PM
Wynne vs. Cunningham

I am really looking forward to it. I was hoping one of the teams would be RSL as they displayed some excellent football in their two appearances here this year, but the two hottest teams in MLS are clearly Dallas and Colorado. David Feirrera is the best player in the league bar none and I enjoy watching the Cummings + Casey partnership every chance I get.

That said I think the emphasis on a "North American" playoff system is faulty...winning the league has to be more important.

habstfc
11-14-2010, 11:35 PM
Dallas in a walk.

Whoop
11-14-2010, 11:43 PM
The Argos will get more play this week than the MLS Cup.

David_Oliveira
11-14-2010, 11:47 PM
Wynne vs. Cunningham

:picard: Why is it Wynne vs. Cunningham? ohhh wait reference to former players. One of those who was unwilling to play for the Reds. All this hate about players who were sent on their way. I truly don't get it. Cunny, Buddle, Casey. Big names no doubt but also a list of underachievers in Toronto or didn't want to be here. do I think we should have taken the gamble on those players? Only Buddle since he was the only one who wanted to stay. Why go back and say if we... if we didn't... If I would of played the lottery and If I didn't pick the wrong numbers, I'd be a millionaire.

Get what I'm trying to say? Yes Mo fucked up. Deal with it. Life isn't fair. Players didn't want to stay or didn't perform to their potential. I liked that we traded players who didn't want to be here. Are you saying you wanted players that didn't try to still be at TFC?

I still stick to what I said then. Fuck Cunty and good riddance to him. He can take his hip-cupping elsewhere.

It's getting really tiresome coming here and reading all this bullshit (ie: if....) Most here are grown men. Stop the bitching. Get over it. Did TFC (read Mo) fuck up? Of course. No denying it. But, they seemed to have learn from their mistakes and since they don't know what the hell they are doing, they hire someone to at least point them in the right direction. We all asked for it and they delivered. Do people want MLSE to get on their knees and blow 'em too? Before writing their plan off, give it a chance.
Here's some advice though. Stop:deadhorse:

David_Oliveira
11-14-2010, 11:49 PM
Oh some stats for you. Cunty in 32 games for the reds scored 6 goals and most of the time was seen like this
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/79/Cunnytfc.jpg/200px-Cunnytfc.jpg

prizby
11-14-2010, 11:53 PM
who's playing...never heard of them

Big Bruva
11-15-2010, 12:02 AM
Im hoping to make it down for the finals and see Marvell, KK, Omar and Atiba play. Hope its a good match. Ill be looking to meet up with a few of the boys a day or two before Sunday for an interview or two so ill see what kinda vibe they are on.

I think it will be a close match and kinda hoping Rapids pull it out as i know more of their players personally. Was kinda hoping RSL would get there but its cool.

reggie
11-15-2010, 12:22 AM
oh well there goes my chance of selling tickets to some screaming young teens or some milfs

ilikemusic
11-15-2010, 12:57 AM
AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSS!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Redcoe15
11-15-2010, 01:23 AM
Colorado vs. Dallas? Fuck 'em both! Especially Cuntingham who was a fucking dog while wearing TFC's colours. You can bet Toronto won't pay any attention to this. Especially with the Argos playing the same day. Don Garber's about to live the nightmare.

James17930
11-15-2010, 02:30 AM
At least this proves beyond a shadow of a doubt (if anyone was even wondering) that the MLS playoffs were not fixed. ;)

Red CB Toronto
11-15-2010, 02:44 AM
This combination of live sports events and big games on TV is why the MLS Cup will get berried when it comes to media coverage, without Becks and company it will be lucky to get a mention on the nightly sports cycle and beyond the usual footy writers. Regardless I am looking forward to this match and enjoying one last night out at BMO in 2010.

Friday, 19 Nov 2010 Houston at Raptors 7:00 PM
Sat, 20 Nov 2010 Maple Leafs at Canadiens 7:00 PM
Sun 21 Nov 2010 Boston at Raptors 1:00 PM
Sun 21 Nov 2010 CFL East Final, Toronto at Montreal 1:00 PM
Sun 21 Nov 2010 CFL West Final Saskatchewan at Calgary 4:30 PM
Sun 21 Nov 2010 Sunday Night Football Giants at Eagles
Mon 22 Nov 2010 Stars Maple Leafs 7:00 PM

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
11-15-2010, 04:03 AM
MLSE plan worked to perfection....make the season seat holders pay for the MLS cup up front.....and if we get a match up like Dallas and Colorado....at least the tickets are paid for.....;)

If you planning on selling your tickets for face value...good luck..it wont happen.. But you should be able to get a hell of a deal outside the gate if someone is looking to attend the final..

Because of the travel distance...in MLS having a one game final dont work!.....To advoid disasters like the one thats gona happen in Toronto...The final should be a 2 leg match between finalists....or have the game played at the teams home with the better record through the reg season

Heathen
11-15-2010, 06:59 AM
This combination of live sports events and big games on TV is why the MLS Cup will get berried when it comes to media coverage, without Becks and company it will be lucky to get a mention on the nightly sports cycle and beyond the usual footy writers. Regardless I am looking forward to this match and enjoying one last night out at BMO in 2010.

Friday, 19 Nov 2010 Houston at Raptors 7:00 PM
Sat, 20 Nov 2010 Maple Leafs at Canadiens 7:00 PM
Sun 21 Nov 2010 Boston at Raptors 1:00 PM
Sun 21 Nov 2010 CFL East Final, Toronto at Montreal 1:00 PM
Sun 21 Nov 2010 CFL West Final Saskatchewan at Calgary 4:30 PM
Sun 21 Nov 2010 Sunday Night Football Giants at Eagles
Mon 22 Nov 2010 Stars Maple Leafs 7:00 PM

straw, blue or rasp?

ensco
11-15-2010, 08:58 AM
Why we should not throw tomatoes at Jeff Cunningham on Sunday...

On the theory that William Faulkner was onto something when he wrote that "the past is not dead, it's not even past"....

It's not obvious that Cunny will play Sunday. He didn't yesterday. But if he does, I think polite applause is called for.

When he came here he was initially paired with Dichio (the "fast and the furious"), and they looked like dynamite. Cunny got tons of chances, did score a bit, probably should have had a few more, but they were only together for maybe 8 games before he and DD (and O'Brien and everyone else) got hurt midsummer. (Painful to think that the June 2007 team might have been our best team so far.)

Cunny was supposed to be done for the year in 2007, he had hernia surgery, but he actually came back for a few games at the end of 2007. It seemed dumb, the season was done by then. Part of it was, while Cunny was out, Mo implied in a press conference that Cunny was being a diva about the injury and was staying out too long. Who knows, but we certainly can say that many credible players, such as Robbo, have been unusually willing to go public with their grievances with Mo, so we know Mo played rough. In any case, it seems to me that a hernia operation is a serious thing, and Cunny coming back at all that year, for a last place team, says positive things, not negative things, about his attitude.

Next year Carver comes in. First game, Cunny wins a PK, but Carver lets Samuel take it. Cunny is pissed and the infamous series of photos showing him with his hands on his hips during and after the missed PK come out afterwards. That's when the hate for him really started around here. But it has to be said, while he shouldn't have done that, Cunny was right to be pissed - time has shown that Carver was an idiot for favouring Samuel over Cunny.

The story for the rest of Cunny's short stay here is more about Carver than Cunny. Carver completely misused Cunny. He used him as a lone striker in a 4-5-1 which no one else has done with the guy before or since. It was obviously dumb. It played a huge role in Cunny's lack of production here in 2008.

As for the missed sitter against Montreal, what can you say? Strikers miss sitters. It happens. Carver calling him out publicly after the game made us feel better, but it's just more evidence of where the problem really was - it wasn't something a good manager does.

As for the bad attitude rap, what's the compelling evidence for that? Putting your hands on your hips? Didier Drogba does that. I think Cunny is a bit of a goofball and a strange guy, RSL ran him off, I know, and he said some weird things to the media here, but did Cunny really stop trying? Or was he just frustrated at the lack of service in a hopeless formation/situation? I think the general love-in with Carver at the time seriously clouded our view of the truth.

TFC supporters, what I am saying is this: *like everyone else associated with TFC, we were wrong about they guy. He is a great scorer, and both Mo and Carver blew it with him. We piled on and helped make it easy for those guys to get rid of him, rather than addressing the real problem with the team at that time. We were blinded by Mo's initial success at bringing in players, which seems more lucky than smart now, and by Carver's seeming (but not actual) competence.

There's no reason to hate Jeff Cunningham, then or now.** * *

Shakes McQueen
11-15-2010, 09:08 AM
I predict massive ratings for this game. Garber must be ready to cry. An MLS Cup consisting of two of their least supported franchises, playing hundreds of miles away from either city, in Canada. LOL.

- Scott

TFC Cityboy
11-15-2010, 09:17 AM
I predict massive ratings for this game. Garber must be ready to cry. An MLS Cup consisting of two of their least supported franchises, playing in Canada. LOL.

- Scott
yup -on a chilly rainy night bu the lake. I'm staying home- bollocks to it all.

Detroit_TFC
11-15-2010, 09:18 AM
^^ ensco's argument has logic. But, as a football fan I am not governed by logic. I'm going to boo Cunningham like he stole my girlfriend.

scut farkus
11-15-2010, 09:19 AM
An MLS Cup consisting of two of their least supported franchises, playing hundreds of miles away from either city, in Canada. LOL.

- Scott

+1 LOL

__wowza
11-15-2010, 09:23 AM
this final interests me the most if that makes sense.
i wouldn't want to watch the sounders/crew/galaxy/red bulls play out of spite, but these two teams legitimately deserve being there and are going to bust their asses to win. should make for some entertaining footy.

Detroit_TFC
11-15-2010, 09:25 AM
We should do a pool on what the ridiculously overstated announced attendance will be.

21,350 - amazing! [butts in seats 11,000]

mastermixer
11-15-2010, 09:25 AM
this final interests me the most if that makes sense.
i wouldn't want to watch the sounders/crew/galaxy/red bulls play out of spite, but these two teams legitimately deserve being there and are going to bust their asses to win. should make for some entertaining footy.

Yup... looking forward to seeing some good MLS soccer at BMO for a change.

stugautz
11-15-2010, 09:36 AM
Now we can really see how good the MLS$ publicity machine is. Sure they can promote the Leafs no problem, but can they promote an event people are not interested in?

I don't think they spent a lot of money to bring the MLS cup to Toronto and with 18K seats already sold, it's gonna turn a profit. So from that standpoint, mission accomplished. But the optics will be horrible.

Pachuco
11-15-2010, 10:15 AM
I don't know about you guys, but FC Dallas for me has been the most entertaining team to watch this year. I would've preferred someone other then Colorado but FC Dallas is more then good enough to be in the finals. Going to be fun watching Dallas walk all over Colorado.

Shakes McQueen
11-15-2010, 10:17 AM
We should do a pool on what the ridiculously overstated announced attendance will be.

My guess is the stadium will be full. It's still the MLS Cup.

I think it's the TV numbers that will be pathetic.

- Scott

maninb
11-15-2010, 10:19 AM
There's All Star bowling on Sunday night....major scheduling conflict!!!

rocker
11-15-2010, 10:22 AM
polite applause for Jeff Cunningham? that's crazy talk.

If people want to ignore him, go ahead. But polite applause?

The guy didn't miss a few sitters. He missed so many.. including many one-on-ones with the keeper... and the fateful one-on-none that gave Montreal the cup. Anyone who was there to watch Montreal lift the cup at BMO cannot politely applaud Jeff Cunningham. Jason Kreis would not politely applaud Jeff Cunningham, and Kreis seems like a pretty cool dude.

I'll be booing his lazy, crazy ass if he even gets on the pitch (thankfully Hyndman has turned to other options since he too knows how flaky Jeff Cunningham is).

Carts
11-15-2010, 10:22 AM

Nah, the pool is how many people attending didn't actually pay for their tickets...

From comp tix from MLSE to business partners and sponsors, to SSH's giving their tix to friends and family...

If Rogers can fill the Dome with thousands and thousands of comp'd tix to the NFL game - BMO will fill up with comps and SSH giveaways....

Carts...

Bloor West FC
11-15-2010, 10:30 AM
For attendance I believe it will be around 20 000, there are 506 tickets for sale on Stub Hub and a bunch of people that are just throwing them away.

Either way I am happy to see these two teams play for the cup, Dallas has been playing very good this season and against each other we should see a real battle.

Carts
11-15-2010, 10:34 AM
For attendance I believe it will be around 20 000, there are 506 tickets for sale on Stub Hub and a bunch of people that are just throwing them away.

Either way I am happy to see these two teams play for the cup, Dallas has been playing very good this season and against each other we should see a real battle.

After seeing Hartman play like he did last night, basically on one leg - he deserves to playing in the big show...

When it was 1-0, and he had made several great stops, I kept thinking LA was going to score he had no chance on and win it - which sucks for a keeper...

Carts...

tfcleeds
11-15-2010, 10:34 AM
And MLSE's worst nightmare comes to pass...I can't imagine hordes of FCD or Crapids fans making the trip here in late November, and without the Galaxy, only the diehards will show up. Having said that, given the current form of the two teams involved, it still should hopefully be an entertaining match.

ochos
11-15-2010, 10:41 AM
:picard: Why is it Wynne vs. Cunningham? ohhh wait reference to former players. One of those who was unwilling to play for the Reds. All this hate about players who were sent on their way. I truly don't get it. Cunny, Buddle, Casey. Big names no doubt but also a list of underachievers in Toronto or didn't want to be here. do I think we should have taken the gamble on those players? Only Buddle since he was the only one who wanted to stay. Why go back and say if we... if we didn't... If I would of played the lottery and If I didn't pick the wrong numbers, I'd be a millionaire.

Get what I'm trying to say? Yes Mo fucked up. Deal with it. Life isn't fair. Players didn't want to stay or didn't perform to their potential. I liked that we traded players who didn't want to be here. Are you saying you wanted players that didn't try to still be at TFC?

I still stick to what I said then. Fuck Cunty and good riddance to him. He can take his hip-cupping elsewhere.

It's getting really tiresome coming here and reading all this bullshit (ie: if....) Most here are grown men. Stop the bitching. Get over it. Did TFC (read Mo) fuck up? Of course. No denying it. But, they seemed to have learn from their mistakes and since they don't know what the hell they are doing, they hire someone to at least point them in the right direction. We all asked for it and they delivered. Do people want MLSE to get on their knees and blow 'em too? Before writing their plan off, give it a chance.
Here's some advice though. Stop:deadhorse:

Not sure why you're upset over this... I love Wynne and I hate Cunningham... I know who I'll be cheering for

Bloor West FC
11-15-2010, 10:56 AM
Not sure why you're upset over this... I love Wynne and I hate Cunningham... I know who I'll be cheering for

Wynne will have the fans behind him forsure! Hope he win's the cup!:drum:

Oldtimer
11-15-2010, 11:10 AM

Quite a few tickets have been sold on stubhub, though, so there are people who want to see this match.
349 so far, as of this morning, and there's still quite a bit of time to go.

I sold mine on there for face (I can't go to this match due to a knee injury). Nobody here was interested.

Whoop
11-15-2010, 11:24 AM
Really? Maybe I should peddle my tickets there than here.

Oldtimer
11-15-2010, 11:51 AM
Really? Maybe I should peddle my tickets there than here.

The only problem is the 15% ripoff fee that Stubhub charges, and I refuse to scalp to make up the difference.

Technorgasm
11-15-2010, 12:03 PM
they can alwasy puit the competitive trout fishing on teh big screen during the game. .

Yagbod
11-15-2010, 12:06 PM
If the MLS is going to continue to host the MLS Cup in a pre-set city, I think they should do this to help generate interest:

- have a mini all-star exhibition game before the match. Maybe a 45 min game or 2 halves of 30 mins between the host city's team and a selection of MLS All Stars. This would keep otherwise disinterested fans from ditching the game and would have them drunk enough that by the time the Cup game started they might sound like they care.

__wowza
11-15-2010, 12:17 PM
If the MLS is going to continue to host the MLS Cup in a pre-set city, I think they should do this to help generate interest:

- have a mini all-star exhibition game before the match. Maybe a 45 min game or 2 halves of 30 mins between the host city's team and a selection of MLS All Stars. This would keep otherwise disinterested fans from ditching the game and would have them drunk enough that by the time the Cup game started they might sound like they care.

they should have insider events too. i know it'd be better suited towards timbers fans, but i'd love a presser before the match where they unveil their kits for next year.

David_Oliveira
11-15-2010, 01:41 PM

Just tired that's all. Everyone always talks about players that we traded or what not. Except for Robinson, Wynne and Cronin, the players we got rid of either didn't perform or didn't want to be here

Jeffro
11-15-2010, 01:51 PM
Just tired that's all. Everyone always talks about players that we traded or what not. Except for Robinson, Wynne and Cronin, the players we got rid of either didn't perform or didn't want to be here

Nothing in the post you quoted and tore into implied anything about whether they should have been traded or not, anything about Mo, or anything else for that matter. I get your frustration with the board at times, you just picked the wrong post to jump on.....

TOBOR !
11-15-2010, 02:21 PM
'Meh'LS Cup: Colorado Rapids vs. FC Dallas prematch/match thread

^fixed your thread title

ag futbol
11-15-2010, 02:36 PM

Really? I looked at ticket bastard before but they wanted $80 and up for crap seats. Getting a little tired of being gouged.

Super
11-15-2010, 03:01 PM
Dallas looked incredible against LA last night. Sure I'm not overly excited about these two teams, but when it comes to quality of play we're certainly in for better football than we're used to from TFC. I'll be there to witness the cup being handed over to the new champion. Shame it won't be us.

CommradePolski
11-15-2010, 03:49 PM
I am actually kind of excited to see Hartman again.

I hate that guy. I plan on taunting him worse then I have taunted any keeper this year.

TFC07
11-15-2010, 03:51 PM
I hope I can get free tickets for this game. lol

mastermixer
11-15-2010, 03:55 PM
This Sunday should be an interesting social experiment.
a) Take two teams 95% of TFC fans have never seen, heard about, or play for a minute outside BMO
b) Ask an already fickle fan base to come watch them play in near freezing temperatures near Lake Ontario
c) Don't promote the event other then sending out the tickets by courier the week before

I say 15000 at the most.

DangerRed
11-15-2010, 04:19 PM
AND it's Sunday night, which means if you're driving in from the 905, you're not going to get home till 11:30 pm or so. It's a streetcar ride from me, so transit's not the question. My attendance will be strictly mood- and weather-dependent.

Red Rat
11-15-2010, 04:41 PM
so far rain and cold

edit

I rather have snow

__wowza
11-15-2010, 05:00 PM
^fixed your thread title

fixed. it's now the:

MEME-L-S cup.

http://revscene.ca/fuuuuuuu.png http://geekspodcast.com/geekpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/yo_dawg-230x300.jpghttp://knowyourmeme.com/system/icons/2862/original/Re2idh.jpg?1275787349

Red Rat
11-15-2010, 05:18 PM
I hope I can get free tickets for this game. lol

Hey MLSE give us tickets and we will be there.
I second this.

Please send ticket via PM, thank you

rr

Yagbod
11-15-2010, 05:25 PM
This from the comments section on TSN.ca's article on last nights game, the poor bastard...

Lau10
1 hour ago

i am so disappointed. i actually went out and bought nice tickets to this game, in hopes of beckham vs. henry!

menefreghista
11-15-2010, 06:53 PM
This from the comments section on TSN.ca's article on last nights game, the poor bastard...

Lau10
1 hour ago

i am so disappointed. i actually went out and bought nice tickets to this game, in hopes of beckham vs. henry!

The sad thing is that's how our own club was selling the game to disgruntled fans not happy with having to pay for the game. When I voiced my complaint I got some stock answer about the possibility of the game being Beckham v Henry.

ilikemusic
11-15-2010, 08:01 PM
I predict massive ratings for this game. Garber must be ready to cry. An MLS Cup consisting of two of their least supported franchises, playing hundreds of miles away from either city, in Canada. LOL.

- Scott

Hell, maybe having such a terrible final in Toronto is a good thing for MLS.

Imagine if they went all out for an MLS Cup Final at Red Bull Park, they make a huge deal, and they get the two least supported, least recognizable, least relevant franchises in the league.

This is a dud final, maybe its a good thing for MLS that it is tucked away in the far away land of Canada. It will be so under the radar that the average American sports fan wont know how horrible it is because they wont even hear about it.

Bloor West FC
11-15-2010, 08:38 PM
The worst thing about the MLS Cup is the lack of advertising around the city. If I never came to this site or an official mlssoccer site I would never hear anything about it. And not to mention the awful 8:30pm start wtf is with that? 5-6pm would have been nice.

Anyways I say FC Dallas win's 4-3 in a shoot out

Cuchulain
11-15-2010, 09:00 PM
1:00pm would have given us 3-4 degrees higher temp. It'll be chilly at game time!

TFCRegina
11-15-2010, 09:06 PM

- Scott

It's a dream come true. A real American underdog story.

Heart of Stone
11-15-2010, 09:10 PM
Interested to see if those at BMO will sing O'Canada over top of the Star Spangled banner like they did at the MLS All-Star game a few years back?

TFC07
11-15-2010, 09:12 PM
I hope no one shows up for this game. Just imagine what kind of message that will send to ML$E and MLS? Don't bring cup game in Toronto without Toronto team playing in it. :scarf:

TFC07
11-15-2010, 09:14 PM
Interested to see if those at BMO will sing O'Canada over top of the Star Spangled banner like they did at the MLS All-Star game a few years back?

MLS should stop playing national anthems. This isn't international match between two countries...this is club football!

rocker
11-15-2010, 09:24 PM
I hope no one shows up for this game. Just imagine what kind of message that will send to ML$E and MLS? Don't bring cup game in Toronto without Toronto team playing in it. :scarf:

for the good of the league i hope that's not the story on Sunday.

werewolf
11-15-2010, 09:33 PM

Thats a comment I would expect from an ignorant poster at bigsoccer.

Heart of Stone
11-15-2010, 09:46 PM
Thats a comment I would expect from an ignorant poster at bigsoccer.

I agree, it is 'ignorant' to sing your own anthem while that of another country is being played...

werewolf
11-15-2010, 09:58 PM
not as ignorant as the way you are portraying that situation.

nfitz
11-15-2010, 11:19 PM
The worst thing about the MLS Cup is the lack of advertising around the city.What, that banner hanging over the Gardiner isn't enough? :)

Red Rat
11-15-2010, 11:26 PM
and the one over the DVP at Lawrence

CommradePolski
11-16-2010, 12:46 AM
The worst thing about the MLS Cup is the lack of advertising around the city. If I never came to this site or an official mlssoccer site I would never hear anything about it. And not to mention the awful 8:30pm start wtf is with that? 5-6pm would have been nice.

Anyways I say FC Dallas win's 4-3 in a shoot out

Not if I can destroy Hartman's confidence with my incessant screaming during the half that hes in front of me.

Red Patch CA
11-16-2010, 09:25 AM
Speaking of anthems...I assume both will be played and that being the case, I hope we will politely listen to the US one and loudly and proudly sing O' Canada. As usual!
One of the highlights of my attendance is to hear the anthem sung so well and mostly a capella from throughout BMO Field but particularly from the south end.
I will join you from my perch in 109.:canada:

Fort York Redcoat
11-16-2010, 09:57 AM

Interested to know if you remember the reason that some Canadians misunderstood why their National anthem was not going to be played and reacted prematurely.

While your at it can you do me a favour and tally how many times Americans have booed our National anthem vs us booing theirs in the history of NA sports over the century? I'll give you hint. It's pretty even.

PEOPLE can be classless. Much like your attack here.

Cashcleaner
11-16-2010, 09:59 AM

You sound like a person who not only doesn't know what they are talking about, but is also comfortable with their incomprehension.

You should consider posting at Big Soccer. The adults are talking here.

TFC USA
11-16-2010, 11:19 AM
Really? CBC isn't picking this up? Do they know sports even fucking exists outside of Saturday morning?

I hate watching and listening to ESPN's shit announcers.

menefreghista
11-16-2010, 11:25 AM
Really? CBC isn't picking this up? Do they know sports even fucking exists outside of Saturday morning?

I hate watching and listening to ESPN's shit announcers.

CBC gets 1.5 million+ viewers for Battle of the Blades at the same time slot.

Why would they pre-empt that for the 100,000 who might be interested in this game?

If the game is not on a weekday afternoon, CBC has no desire to show it.

Whoop
11-16-2010, 11:26 AM
Why would the CBC want to pick up the MLS Cup?

Especially on prime time on Sunday?

EDIT: Looks like I've been beaten to the punch.

Whoop
11-16-2010, 11:27 AM
100,000?

They won't even get that in the States.

menefreghista
11-16-2010, 11:27 AM
Why would the CBC want to pick up the MLS Cup?

Especially on prime time on Sunday?

EDIT: Looks like I've been beaten to the punch.

LOL. Great minds. :D

menefreghista
11-16-2010, 11:28 AM
100,000?

They won't even get that in the States.

I was being generous. Should have said under 100,000.

Whoop
11-16-2010, 11:28 AM
I also resent the fact that people think that CBC only cares about HNIC.

Fact is for the longest time CBC was the only station that would carry amateur sports.

menefreghista
11-16-2010, 11:34 AM
I also resent the fact that people think that CBC only cares about HNIC.

Fact is for the longest time CBC was the only station that would carry amateur sports.

I'm not upset at CBC. I actually am very grateful for all they have done for TFC in the first 4 season. Because I really don't think the ratings warrant the coverage the team has received.

TFC USA
11-16-2010, 11:35 AM
CBC gets 1.5 million+ viewers for Battle of the Blades at the same time slot.

Why would they pre-empt that for the 100,000 who might be interested in this game?

If the game is not on a weekday afternoon, CBC has no desire to show it.

Oh that's right. Your winter alternative to Dancing With the Stars. :(

I was just hoping that since it was in Toronto they'd air the game. I wonder if they'd have aired it if we had made it to the Cup Final.

menefreghista
11-16-2010, 11:37 AM
Oh that's right. Your winter alternative to Dancing With the Stars. :(

I was just hoping that since it was in Toronto they'd air the game. I wonder if they'd have aired it if we had made it to the Cup Final.

I bet they would have aired it had it been Sunday afternoon. Say at noon.

TFC USA
11-16-2010, 11:38 AM
I'm not upset at CBC. I actually am very grateful for all they have done for TFC in the first 4 season. Because I really don't think the ratings warrant the coverage the team has received.

I love the CBC and they do an excellent job with sports but was a little surprised they just abruptly called it a year once TFC was eliminated.

Is it me or did Nigel Reed stop confusing our black players constantly?

And as I type this I just found out Ian Darke (GO GO USA!) is doing the play by play this Sunday!!!!! HOLY SHIT!!! I like this a lot. Looks like a win for me and a win for you guys to listen to a true pro.

Whoop
11-16-2010, 11:39 AM
It wouldn't make sense.

You have two CFL games that day and the NFL football to compete against.

I'm surprised it's not on ESPN Channel Ocho.

Even the NHL is smart not to schedule many games on Sunday early in the year.

Whoop
11-16-2010, 11:41 AM

Exactly.

Though with Montreal and Vancouver joining MLS, ratings should be a little better.

But the fact they've stuck it through, and Sportsnet,... that's why I laugh when football fans says the media isn't doing enough.

If TFC was a sitcom it would have been canceled a long, long, long time ago.

menefreghista
11-16-2010, 11:44 AM
It wouldn't make sense.

You have two CFL games that day and the NFL football to compete against.

I'm surprised it's not on ESPN Channel Ocho.

Even the NHL is smart not to schedule many games on Sunday early in the year.

But no matter when you show it you will run up against competition. Sunday night is also a big night for TV shows in general. So what is the best time? Maybe Saturday afternoon? I don't really know. The only thing I do know is for attendance the current timeslot sucks.

menefreghista
11-16-2010, 11:46 AM
Exactly.

Though with Montreal and Vancouver joining MLS, ratings should be a little better.

But the fact they've stuck it through, and Sportsnet,... that's why I laugh when football fans says the media isn't doing enough.

If TFC was a sitcom it would have been canceled a long, long, long time ago.

I actually feel bad for them because you know the year the ratings get good TSN will step in and take the programming away from them.

nfitz
11-16-2010, 11:50 AM
Is it me or did Nigel Reed stop confusing our black players constantly?I thought that was Greg Dobson ... though to be fair he confuses the white players constantly too ...

TFC07
11-16-2010, 04:02 PM
I can't believe TSN is picking up this game. lol

P-NUTZ
11-16-2010, 05:10 PM
barf.

flatpicker
11-17-2010, 12:37 PM
I know that some people have been expressing sour feelings about this game, for various reasons.
Whatever negativity I have felt in the past I am setting aside so that I can go and enjoy this match.
It wasn't that long ago that the concept of pro soccer in North America didn't even register in my mind.
But that has all changed with TFC, and now the MLS Cup final is in our city.
I'm looking forward to seeing these two deserving teams go head to head.
I will be attending, not necessarily as a TFC fan, but as a fan of the sport.
Let's go out and enjoy ourselves.

__wowza
11-17-2010, 01:56 PM

^^

http://madtown.cc/d/27616-1/Slow-Clap.gif

LittleOzzy
11-17-2010, 02:22 PM
Anyone giving away tickets? I'll take two for anyone who would rather stay home.

__wowza
11-17-2010, 02:31 PM
Anyone giving away tickets? I'll take two for anyone who would rather stay home.

head to the ticket trader forum.

habstfc
11-17-2010, 02:57 PM
I never got why a winner-take-all final, like the grey cup, or superbowl or this mls cup final is played on a sunday night. I wonder if the 8 30 start is going to keep a significant number of people from attending, with people having to work the next day, wouldn't a saturday final make more sense.

nfitz
11-17-2010, 03:07 PM
I'm sure it will impact attendence. Originally I thought of making a day of it with wife and kid.

But good grief, kick-off time is bedtime on a school night!

Even on weekday nights I don't think we've had a start that late. And who knows what time the game will finish with the chance of overtime, penalty kicks, and whatever hoo-ha there will be before it starts.

Carts
11-17-2010, 03:16 PM
I never got why a winner-take-all final, like the grey cup, or superbowl or this mls cup final is played on a sunday night. I wonder if the 8 30 start is going to keep a significant number of people from attending, with people having to work the next day, wouldn't a saturday final make more sense.

Agree - some choices are weird...

Superbowl is obvious - the NFL is Sunday! That's there day...

Grey Cup - should be a Saturday night in my opinion. Up until the playoffs, they play mostly Friday's and Saturdays... When the Cup was on CBC, they could have worked the NHL schedule to not have the Canadian teams one Saturday night of the season and had a roar-ripping Saturday night party for the Grey Cup...

MLS Cup - I don't know what day is best (Friday or Saturday). I can see why its not on a Sunday afternoon, too much NFL Football - but Sunday night is "blah" I agree...

As for neutral site - I hate the neutral site for MLS Cup. I know the Superbowl you need a neutral site b/c the event around it require months of preparation - but MLS Cup, no....

I know some arguments are that MLS Playoff games are tough tickets to sell in some markets with no marketing time - but I honestly think a Cup final would be different. You'd have enough bandwagoners jumping on to fill MLS stadiums - if just for an excuse to party & celebrate a championship...

Carts...

Yagbod
11-17-2010, 03:25 PM
This from the TFC email that just went out:
"The trophy's arrival marks the start of a number of events leading up to Sunday's game at BMO Field between Colorado Rapids and FC Dallas"

So what are the "number of events"? If there were any there would be a list in the email or a link to a list somewhere.
Other than the Supporters Summit I know of NOTHING going on. No events, zilch. Even for the Summit I am only marginally aware of what is happening beyond some drinking and fundraising.

I am astonished that there is either nothing going on or it is so poorly advertised that a footie junkie like myself is missing it.

Why bother with a neutral site at all?

Yagbod
11-17-2010, 03:30 PM
And why does this thread keep crashing my browser? I get about 30 secs and then boom!

TFC OZZ
11-17-2010, 04:05 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing these two deserving teams go head to head.

Well put. Same here.

TOBOR !
11-17-2010, 08:31 PM
I have no idea who to cheer for. I suspect most of my singing and chanting will be directed at the referee and the beer guy.

GBV
11-17-2010, 08:33 PM
Agree - some choices are weird...

As for neutral site - I hate the neutral site for MLS Cup. I know the Superbowl you need a neutral site b/c the event around it require months of preparation - but MLS Cup, no....

I know some arguments are that MLS Playoff games are tough tickets to sell in some markets with no marketing time - but I honestly think a Cup final would be different. You'd have enough bandwagoners jumping on to fill MLS stadiums - if just for an excuse to party & celebrate a championship...

Carts...

It's mind-blowing, really, that they don't mind their jewel game being played in front of a crowd which may be totally indifferent -- or at least not passionately interested -- on who wins. A piss poor way to (try to) sell the game on TV.

Walnut
11-17-2010, 09:03 PM
I had two tickets thanks to MLSE -- which went straight in the fire.

I hope is is a fucking freezing cold ghost town there on Sunday.

flatpicker
11-17-2010, 09:32 PM
^ You are a grumpy grimble.

ensco
11-18-2010, 07:30 AM
I had two tickets thanks to MLSE -- which went straight in the fire.

Listen don't do this. There are great charities (St Christopher House, at Ossington and Dundas, is just one example) who would love to get these tickets. You give them to the Director, who gives them to one of the underpaid heroes who work there, and needs a pat on the back.

Trust me, it's better than burning them. I'll help you do it if you PM me.

(There's no donation receipt for this, btw.)

turnbr
11-19-2010, 12:42 PM
This from the TFC email that just went out:
"The trophy's arrival marks the start of a number of events leading up to Sunday's game at BMO Field between Colorado Rapids and FC Dallas"

So what are the "number of events"? If there were any there would be a list in the email or a link to a list somewhere.
Other than the Supporters Summit I know of NOTHING going on. No events, zilch. Even for the Summit I am only marginally aware of what is happening beyond some drinking and fundraising.

I am astonished that there is either nothing going on or it is so poorly advertised that a footie junkie like myself is missing it.

I was wanting to get excited about the game and hoped the city would really organize some proper events ( like a Grey Cup weekend )
Here is all i could find after much surfing:
http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/2377281/mls-cup-2010-public-schedule-pdf-november-16-2010-1-44-pm-364k?da=y

Aside from Sunday, all the events are Private.......They haven't done enough marketing to ensure success.

:canada: :scarf: :canada:

eustacchio
11-19-2010, 12:45 PM
I don't know if this has been posted somewhere, but ...

http://www.theonion.com/articles/2010-mls-cup,18493/

GBV
11-19-2010, 02:28 PM
An e-mail I got Monday from my cousin in Germany. I was shocked he knew:

>Betreff: football

>hallo,
>
>is everything ok? are you going to the football final in Toronto?
>
>Wednesday Croatia vs Malta european time 17:30.
>
>bog daniel
>
_____

nfitz
11-20-2010, 01:40 PM
Wow ... this must be a record. 674 tickets on Ticket Exchange:

https://teamexchange.ticketmaster.com/html/seatlist.htmI?l=EN&team=tfc&EVNT=F10MLS1&CNTX=

The pricing is still screwed up though ... surprised MLSE hasn't fixed this. Some seats in Yellow are $34 (+$9.50 in fees) and some are $80 (+$9.50 in fees)/

moralis
11-20-2010, 08:06 PM
If people don't but tickets on the exchange will most go to the game and if not what happens to these tickets. I'm not sure how the ticket exchange works.

BASE
11-21-2010, 05:21 AM
If people don't but tickets on the exchange will most go to the game and if not what happens to these tickets. I'm not sure how the ticket exchange works.

I just read that the actual kickoff time is anticipated to be at 8:55 on Sunday. I was figuring to be home by 11:30. If the game goes into OT / shootouts they may be playing to a near empty stadium tonight!!!

rocker
11-21-2010, 10:21 AM
no blizzard predicted by weather network today?!?! SHOCKING! ;) ;) ;)

nfitz
11-21-2010, 10:54 AM
I just read that the actual kickoff time is anticipated to be at 8:55 on Sunday. I was figuring to be home by 11:30. If the game goes into OT / shootouts they may be playing to a near empty stadium tonight!!!Wonderful ... that will screw up those planning to catch the 10:49 GO Train. On the bright side, it will be getting warmer as the evening goes on.

Oldtimer
11-21-2010, 06:59 PM
Online stream:

http://atdhe.net/28924/watch-colorado-rapids-vs-fc-dallas

EDIT: not working.

Heart of Stone
11-21-2010, 08:34 PM
People most likely to be in their seats before the start of the game... unlike a typical TFC game where many of the so called "best fans in the league" show up 20 minutes late...

ag futbol
11-21-2010, 08:36 PM
These guys all look brutally uncomfortable, too funny

prizby
11-21-2010, 08:38 PM
any online link...oldtimers doesn't work

Heart of Stone
11-21-2010, 08:41 PM
FCD keeper, Kevin Fartman, one of the storylines on ESPN...

TFCin110
11-21-2010, 08:42 PM
People most likely to be in their seats before the start of the game... unlike a typical TFC game where many of the so called "best fans in the league" show up 20 minutes late...

That's down to the go train, which arrives 10 mins after kickoff....

Bars92
11-21-2010, 08:43 PM
Online link would be appreciated, I want to see what kind of crowd we got.

Oldtimer
11-21-2010, 08:46 PM
Got another link:

http://www.channelsurfing.net/watch-espn.html

this one is working.

Heart of Stone
11-21-2010, 08:49 PM
Stadium looks just about full...

TFCin110
11-21-2010, 08:49 PM
I am surprised at how many people turned up for this.....shocked actually.

justin
11-21-2010, 08:51 PM
likewise, lots of fans there. good to see i guess, but very surprising haha

flatpicker
11-21-2010, 08:52 PM
I can't believe I actually had to give away my tickets at the last minute.
I was really looking forward to this game... but instead, I have work to do that can't be avoided.
At least I gave my tix to my brother and a good buddy... but it's killing me!

Oh well... that's life... hopefully the game will entertain me while I work.

AL-MO
11-21-2010, 08:55 PM
I am surprised at how many people turned up for this.....shocked actually.

I was just thinking this, watching the online stream.

AL-MO
11-21-2010, 08:56 PM
So I see they installed new digital ad boards, as I had heard a while ago.

Fushida
11-21-2010, 08:56 PM
http://www.atdhe.net/28924/watch-colorado-rapids-vs-fc-dallas

Another link that works, if anyone needs.

flatpicker
11-21-2010, 08:58 PM
Unlike some of you, I'm actually disappointed by the attendance.
I sure ain't full.

Heart of Stone
11-21-2010, 08:59 PM
The East side looks a little patchy in sections... lots of people wearing dark coats generally makes the crowd look different than usual game at BMO...

flatpicker
11-21-2010, 09:01 PM
So is this game really not on local tv?

Oldtimer
11-21-2010, 09:01 PM
It's odd watching BMO Field with everyone sitting down...

Oldtimer
11-21-2010, 09:02 PM
So I see they installed new digital ad boards, as I had heard a while ago.

:hulk: I hate those.

TFCin110
11-21-2010, 09:02 PM
Unlike some of you, I'm actually disappointed by the attendance.
I sure ain't full.

Disappointed? How many people did you expect to turn out?

AL-MO
11-21-2010, 09:04 PM
:hulk: I hate those.

MEH. lol

Heart of Stone
11-21-2010, 09:05 PM
So is this game really not on local tv?

TSN 2 carrying it...

Oldtimer
11-21-2010, 09:06 PM
This game is being played at breakneck speed.

Heart of Stone
Kosuke Kimura first Japanese player in MLS... has Toronto thought about looking to the J-League for talent?

AL-MO
Seems like forever since there was a game @ BMO! lol

ag futbol
11-21-2010, 09:07 PM
edit: nevermind i just read a few posts back

AL-MO
11-21-2010, 09:07 PM
Kosuke Kimura first Japanese player in MLS... has Toronto thought about looking to the J-League for talent?

It wouldn't hurt. J-League is good footie.

TFC should really be looking EVERYWHERE for talent. Leave no stone unturned.

AL-MO
11-21-2010, 09:08 PM
edit: nevermind i just read a few posts back

I don't think so. I think they were put in for this game. (and now they'll have 'em for next season)

flatpicker
11-21-2010, 09:09 PM
Disappointed? How many people did you expect to turn out?

It's the Cup game... anything less than a sellout is a letdown.

I'm not blind to all the issues we have had lately,
But not that many years ago we had no significant soccer in this city,
Now we have the Final here... although, without TFC sadly... but there should be more people.

Pre-determined sites for the Final really isn't a good idea.

Heart of Stone
11-21-2010, 09:10 PM
Great pace to this game... they must be cold...

TFCin110
11-21-2010, 09:12 PM
I like those digital ad boards....are they here to stay?

Whoop
11-21-2010, 09:12 PM
MLS Cup has had better crowds in the past. Go through the attendances of previous MLS Cups. Having watched them in the past they've got full stadiums in the past.

The issue isn't pre-determined sites in this case.

Heart of Stone
11-21-2010, 09:13 PM
It's the Cup game... anything less than a sellout is a letdown....

Pre-determined sites for the Final really isn't a good idea.

True that...

Oldtimer
11-21-2010, 09:13 PM
Great pace to this game... they must be cold...

Both teams play a very attacking style. They don't slow down the game like some teams would.

TFCin110
11-21-2010, 09:14 PM
I love Ian Darke as a commentator. I wonder if he'll do more MLS games when the EPL is in the close season and MLS is in full flight....

Oldtimer
11-21-2010, 09:16 PM
TFC this year wasn't even close to these two teams.

Hopefully next year we'll see a vast improvement.

Heart of Stone
11-21-2010, 09:18 PM
"All we are saying is give us a goal" reigns down...

brad
11-21-2010, 09:19 PM
I love Ian Darke as a commentator. I wonder if he'll do more MLS games when the EPL is in the close season and MLS is in full flight....

Quality commentary like him adds so much to the game.

Brooker
11-21-2010, 09:21 PM
So is it a decent game?

Heart of Stone
11-21-2010, 09:23 PM
Casey brought down in box... should have been a penalty

TFCin110
11-21-2010, 09:24 PM
I think it was a penalty.....

Oldtimer
Toledo is the ref!!!!

Missing a PK.

It's a decent game.

You can listen on the FAN590 too.

twistedchinaman
Wait...Toledo not giving a penalty!

IT'S THE APOCALYPSE!!!!!!!!!

twistedchinaman
11-21-2010, 09:26 PM
Did BMO Field rent those power strip hoardings?

Heart of Stone
11-21-2010, 09:27 PM
So is it a decent game?

Think so... players are bringing it... so much effort... game had great pace in first 25 minutes... Toledo despite awarding the most penalties over the past three years of MLS failed to make the call on a blatant trip of Connor Casey in the box... game may turn chippy now...

FluSH
So is it a decent game?

Good game so far...

AL-MO
I think it was a penalty.....

Toledo is the ref!!!!

Missing a PK.

It's a decent game.

You can listen on the FAN590 too.

I thought so too. But on a reverse angle it looks like Casey went to ground a little easy.

Heart of Stone
11-21-2010, 09:29 PM
First sub for FC Dallas: jackson out, zach lloyd in...

Oldtimer
11-21-2010, 09:31 PM
What a goal with a great finish!

ag futbol
11-21-2010, 09:32 PM
Nice goal, FCD look to be on a different level from the rapids. More composed, more meaningful when attacking, better team.

twistedchinaman
David Ferreira.

Man alive, how did they get him???

TFCin110
Nice goal...

TFCin110
11-21-2010, 09:33 PM
What a goal with a great finish!

Maybe we'll say that about our team at BMO some day :(

brad
11-21-2010, 09:34 PM
Casey should have had a foul called on him right before the penalty call.

Toronto_Bhoy
11-21-2010, 09:34 PM
As a STH and very upset with the way MLSE has treated us and I am very disappointed with tonight's attendance. I ate 4 tickets in protest, I guess others feel differently. This was an excellent opportunity to voice our feeling on how we have been treated.

A half full stadium would have sent a tremendous message...but I respect others don't feel the same as I.

Opportunity lost.

Heart of Stone
11-21-2010, 09:38 PM
Great story relayed by Ian Darke regarding David Ferreira... While coaching college soccer, FC Dallas coach, Schelles Hyndman, first saw Ferreira playing on a field in Columbia as a youth ... Hyndman made a mental note of seeing Ferreira play and said to himself that if he ever coached MLS, Ferreira would be a player he would get...

Batman
11-21-2010, 09:39 PM
As a STH and very upset with the way MLSE has treated us and I am very disappointed with tonight's attendance. I ate 4 tickets in protest, I guess others feel differently. This was an excellent opportunity to voice our feeling on how we have been treated.

A half full stadium would have sent a tremendous message...but I respect others don't feel the same as I.

Opportunity lost.

I think the messages have been well delivered to MLSE.

However, I'd rather this place at least be relatively full and not embarrass the franchise any further.

Heart of Stone
11-21-2010, 09:41 PM
Commish Don Garber with important breakthrough news at halftime...

Beach_Red
11-21-2010, 09:43 PM

However, I'd rather this place at least be relatively full and not embarrass the franchise any further.

Yeah, I think you're right, no matter how much more forcefully the message is delivered, MLSE have done all they're going to do.

CBTFC
11-21-2010, 09:43 PM
Wow, they completely head-butted each other. Ouch.

brad
11-21-2010, 09:44 PM

More teams in the playoffs next year according to Ives.

ag futbol
11-21-2010, 09:44 PM
I know they have to give the game to someone, but toledo?

CBTFC
11-21-2010, 09:45 PM

Changes to at least the playoff format/schedule, and with that hopefully a change to how the league is structured overall (regular season format).

ag futbol
11-21-2010, 09:46 PM
More teams in the playoffs next year according to Ives.
uggh please no.

It was actually getting to the point with expansion where a reasonable % of teams made the playoffs. They used to let 8 teams in of 14, ridiculous.

clc12
11-21-2010, 09:46 PM

Opportunity lost.

i think protesting at all of mlse's private parties would have been a much better protest. leave the game alone. make their private parties uncomfortable.

FluSH
11-21-2010, 09:49 PM
Changes to at least the playoff format/schedule, and with that hopefully a change to how the league is structured overall (regular season format).

TWO-LEGGED FINALS!!!! (HOME) and (AWAY)

PLEASE

flatpicker
11-21-2010, 09:50 PM

PLEASE

One can hope!

AL-MO
11-21-2010, 09:51 PM

PLEASE

The DON addressed that at the Supporters Summit this morning...its a definite no.

Batman
11-21-2010, 09:52 PM
enjoying being at home and not freezing balls off tonight boys?

flatpicker
11-21-2010, 09:52 PM

Opportunity lost.

I respect your opinion,
But I think we already did a good job of voicing our opinions.
And we got some positive changes as a result.
Making the city look bad in the Cup Final isn't productive, in my opinion.

Toronto_Bhoy
11-21-2010, 09:53 PM

Respectfully disagree Batman.

The owners of this franchise have been given a "get out of jail" card tonight. Don Garber "implored" TFC supporters to attend tonight's match. I feel we capitulated to that plea…and MLSE are now off the hook. History has shown this organization are only interested in their bottom line…they will continue to screw us until we stand up. Tonight we sat.

Forcing us to pay for this game, without an option to opt out was a gamble that they have won. They will try again…guaranteed!

As long as they make money they don't care.

FluSH
11-21-2010, 09:55 PM
The DON addressed that at the Supporters Summit this morning...its a definite no.

Why? It's stupid not to have it.. we aren't the NFL where we have thousands upon thousands of ppl flying from all over the U.S. for the finals

ag futbol
11-21-2010, 09:55 PM
10 teams in playoffs (boo), balanced schedule (yay), reserve league (expected), and a bunch of hyperbole

AL-MO
11-21-2010, 09:56 PM
Is this a chance for TFC to finally make the postseason?

AL-MO
11-21-2010, 09:57 PM
Why? It's stupid not to have it.. we aren't the NFL where we have thousands upon thousands of ppl flying from all over the U.S. for the finals

North Americans don't understand two legged finals.

Batman
11-21-2010, 09:58 PM
Respectfully disagree Batman.

The owners of this franchise have been given a "get out of jail" card tonight. Don Garber "implored" TFC supporters to attend tonight's match. I feel we capitulated to that plea…and MLSE are now off the hook. History has shown this organization are only interested in their bottom line…they will continue to screw us until we stand up. Tonight we sat.

Forcing us to pay for this game, without an option to opt out was a gamble that they have won. They will try again…guaranteed!

As long as they make money they don't care.

No problem with disagreeing,.. I didn't like the ticket being forced on me either...and I've ditched my tickets for next season all together, I just feel the message has already been delivered.

Oldtimer
Is this a chance for TFC to finally make the postseason?

One would hope so.

twistedchinaman
North Americans don't understand a two legged final.

+1.

So all information given is just the same as what's out there. Plus who's getting MLS Cup '11? It's not going to be in Portland or Vancouver, is it?

James17930
That's the announcement? Lame.

I don't think the players are gonna be happy with more play-off games what with the addition of 4 more regular season games.

Why can't they just drop the conferences and do 1 - 8? Gah.

I also think a two-legged final would be good.

FluSH
11-21-2010, 09:59 PM
North Americans don't understand two legged finals.

Problem that needs to be addressed

Solution = BANNER

Big Problem that needs to be addressed

Solution = BIGGER BANNER

lol

Toronto_Bhoy
11-21-2010, 10:00 PM
I'm going to opt out this conversation.

I have done what I feel was needed to do as a TFC supporter but respect that other see things differently.

Enjoy the rest of the match…as I will…from my home.

All for One.

Brian

Heart of Stone
11-21-2010, 10:07 PM
Is Hemelu able to play for Canada? Good defender...

clc12
11-21-2010, 10:08 PM
I'm going to opt out this conversation.

I have done what I feel was needed to do as a TFC supporter but respect that other see things differently.

Enjoy the rest of the match…as I will…from my home.

All for One.

Brian

i totally see it your way.

Heart of Stone
11-21-2010, 10:12 PM
What a gritty goal from Casey!!

twistedchinaman
What the...?

Oldtimer
1-1! Casey

CBTFC
11-21-2010, 10:13 PM
From the ground. Dirty!

TFCin110
11-21-2010, 10:15 PM
I am very impressed with Ian Harke's knowledge of the MLS....he knows a lot about the league, the teams, and it's players

Heart of Stone
11-21-2010, 10:16 PM
Hernandez should not be on the pitch... the man is hurt...

twistedchinaman
11-21-2010, 10:17 PM
From the ground. Dirty!

Karmaic justice for the missed penalty, perhaps?

Also...Casey refused to play for us. So Mo Johnston had no choice but to get rid on him. So I don't now why they're speaking so highly of his time with us.

I am very impressed with Ian Harke's knowledge of the MLS....he knows a lot about the league, the teams, and it's players

That can only be good for this league. Better commentary. Now if we can get someone who can speak North American English with that quality of commentary...then yeah.

I'm personally hoping to be the Cantonese voice of MLS, so it won't be me. :)

Heart of Stone
11-21-2010, 10:19 PM
Cunningham...

ExiledRed
11-21-2010, 10:20 PM
Im watching the walking dead on amc, its fucking awesome.

Oldtimer
11-21-2010, 10:20 PM
Cunningham on...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/79/Cunnytfc.jpg/200px-Cunnytfc.jpg

TFC Cityboy
11-21-2010, 10:21 PM
what odds on cunningham getting the winner..

TFC Cityboy
11-21-2010, 10:21 PM
great boos to gret the twat

CBTFC
11-21-2010, 10:22 PM
Hernandez should not be on the pitch... the man is hurt...

Yet they take off Shea, and put on Cuntingham.

Love the guys who are booing him, keep it up!

Heart of Stone
what odds on cunningham getting the winner..

Quite good...

Beach_Red
Im watching the walking dead on amc, its fucking awesome.

I can't tell if it's just a repeat of last week's episode, same people, same locations, same zombies... At least there'll be a new MLS Cup champ...

CBTFC
11-21-2010, 10:23 PM
Why would the announcer say he wondered if the crowd would cheer or boo Cuntingham, when he has already been boo'd several times? Dude, stop being so clueless.

Oldtimer
11-21-2010, 10:24 PM
Cunningham "has more clubs than Jack Nicklaus" :lol:

Oldtimer
11-21-2010, 10:32 PM
Wynn gives up a kick near the side of the box.

Heart of Stone
11-21-2010, 10:34 PM
If it goes to 30 minutes Overtime and Penalty Kicks what time will people be leaving BMO tonight...

brad
11-21-2010, 10:34 PM
All this game needs is Cunningham missing a sitter and a Wynne hand ball in the box in the 92nd minute.

AL-MO
11-21-2010, 10:35 PM
LOL Brad.

Heart of Stone
11-21-2010, 10:36 PM
Game has sputtered in the last 10 minutes... players tired, bitching at ref...

AL-MO
11-21-2010, 10:38 PM
YAH Jurgen.

Heart of Stone
11-21-2010, 10:39 PM
Colour guy points out that with regard to Klinsmann's consultancy with TFC "the only way is up for a team that hasn't made the playoffs for 4 years... haha..."

Heart of Stone
11-21-2010, 10:42 PM
Toledo looked good for the first 10 minutes of the game... now he is clearly in over his head...

Whoop
11-21-2010, 10:44 PM
Looks like extra time and maybe kicks?

Another 45 minutes? Will the stadium be empty at the end?

ag futbol
11-21-2010, 10:48 PM
Toledo misses so much.

Colorado easily moved that ball up 10 yards from the spot of the foul.

CBTFC
11-21-2010, 10:50 PM
10:53pm in T.O. and the game is going at least another 30 minutes, lol...who on earth scheduled this game?!?!?!?

Doesn't anyone care that DeRo wants to start his party already?

Heart of Stone
11-21-2010, 10:51 PM
As much as Toledo sucks and has sucked in this game it is shitty how the players are abusing him on the pitch... doesn't reflect well on the league... generally, the play over the last 20 minutes has gone south rapidly... sloppy, thugish, unbecoming of a championship final...

Batman
11-21-2010, 10:52 PM
As much as Toledo sucks and has sucked in this game it is shitty how the players are abusing him on the pitch... doesn't reflect well on the league... generally, the play over the last 20 minutes has gone south rapidly... sloppy, thugish, unbecoming of a championship final...

Ya, I agree...he's put up with a lot of bs.

Whoop
11-21-2010, 10:52 PM
It is MLS.

Heart of Stone
11-21-2010, 11:01 PM
Cummings coming off... didn't do much tonight...

ArmenJBX
11-21-2010, 11:13 PM
Yes Yes Yes! :D

twistedchinaman
11-21-2010, 11:14 PM
OG George John caused by Macoumba Kandiji.

Dallas getting testy...

MartinUtd
11-21-2010, 11:15 PM
Amazing goal. Sums up the league in just 2 seconds.

Heart of Stone
11-21-2010, 11:16 PM
Really hope Dallas ties it on a decent goal... would be terrible for the game to be decided with that kind of goal...

Huyton
11-21-2010, 11:20 PM
24 minute of Extra time...and you can hear Dichio!!!

TFC07
11-21-2010, 11:22 PM
Not a bad game to watch...on a side note, those advertising screens look amazing. I wonder if TFC is going to have those ad screens next season.

Heart of Stone
11-21-2010, 11:23 PM
Guys are just hammering each other... much the way Dichio used to play... fitting, I suppose...

Whoop
11-21-2010, 11:26 PM
Huge save.

TFC07
11-21-2010, 11:27 PM
Guys are just hammering each other... much the way Dichio used to play... fitting, I suppose...

I blame the weather. :D

ag futbol
11-21-2010, 11:28 PM
Cunningham offside and wiffs it ... surprise.

Heart of Stone
11-21-2010, 11:29 PM
Cunningham fucking misses it!

Whoop
11-21-2010, 11:29 PM
Where have we seen that expression from Cunningham before? LOL

Heart of Stone
11-21-2010, 11:30 PM
"The team from the Rockies have scaled their own mountain tonight!" - Ian Darke

Batman
Hell of a last 10 minutes. Good match.

AL-MO
Wow. That was a crazy finish to that game!

TFCRegina
11-21-2010, 11:33 PM
The MP3 Presentation!

Batman
11-21-2010, 11:34 PM
Casey Conner.... idiot fucked up the MVP announcement.

Dub Narcotic
Enjoyable game.

TFCDP
way to go casey conors