PDA

View Full Version : Creative Partial Packs?

bgnewf
11-13-2010, 02:43 PM
With hundreds of expensive season tickets still apparently to be sold, why I think we may see TFC get real creative with half and/or partial packs in the coming weeks.

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2010/11/we-got-tickets/

Comments always appreciated.

prizby
11-13-2010, 02:59 PM
MLSE has a model that works for the Raptors...I am sure they will use that model with TFC should it be necessary

Darlofletch
11-13-2010, 03:20 PM
I'm intrigued to see if marlie packs will rear their ugly head again. can't imagine there's enough demand any more to be able to force that particular ransom on to people again.

Oldtimer
11-13-2010, 03:33 PM
Paul B. has commented on the article:

@bgnewf (http://twitter.com/bgnewf) I suspect we may be sold out of full season tix by Monday or Tuesday. Gold waiting list today..,they're going fast.

@bgnewf (http://twitter.com/bgnewf) partial plans will follow. We will have about 2000 full season equivalents.

Doesn't sound like he's too worried. That much-vaunted waiting list might be more real than we thought.

Chevy
11-13-2010, 03:37 PM
^^ This is good news. As much as some would like to see the waiting list evaporate, I'm glad that the gold-listers seem to be stepping up.

rocker
11-13-2010, 03:57 PM
you gotta believe these are rabid TFC fans too... given all that's happened to TFC and these people are still stepping up to get seats. That should help the vibe.

69Chevy396
11-13-2010, 06:11 PM
Got my seasons tickets today, they had a dozen or so gold waiting list people for each 30 min interval. There were about 4-500 avail seats. Andre, ticket mgr said he expects all the seats to be taken by sunday mid afternoon, and that they have no worries about selling as many season tickets as they put on the market.

kodiakTFC
11-13-2010, 06:23 PM
Marlies packs will be back, we've heard PB say he didn't like them either but upper management loved them.

King Jeff
11-14-2010, 10:14 AM
I don't think TFC offered half-season packs last year. They were split into three six-game packages featuring five league games and one "other" (ie, Voyageurs Cup or Bolton Friendly).

I suspect they'll get a bit more creative with three and four-game packages, regardless.

Mark in Ottawa
11-14-2010, 01:43 PM
I don't think TFC offered half-season packs last year. They were split into three six-game packages featuring five league games and one "other" (ie, Voyageurs Cup or Bolton Friendly).

I suspect they'll get a bit more creative with three and four-game packages, regardless.
I have had a "ransom" pack type of partial package for the last 2 seasons and they have always been a 1/3 season with tickets to "premium games" included. As a fan "from away" a full season makes no sense for me. If all I am offered this season is another "ransom pack" I will have to think long and hard about where my team loyalty is getting me.

nfitz
11-14-2010, 03:31 PM
Given how many people have gone from Gold list to full seasons this year, I'd think that if one had "ransom" packs for 2 years, one should be far enough up the list to easily get regular packs this year.

Red CB Toronto
11-14-2010, 03:39 PM
I graduated to seasons yesterday after making it onto the Gold List in mid-2008 after buying the Canada/International package for $120.00, the same seat in sec. 105 to the games vs. Montreal and Vancouver and both International Friendlies.

Auzzy
11-14-2010, 07:29 PM
BIG NEWS: there will be no more Marlies packs next season! Also, partial packs will include a half season's worth of TFC tickets (rather than 1/3 of season like before). The ticket rep covering our Gold List appointment Sunday afternoon, confirmed this info multiple times.

Obviously they had to change their plans, based on how firm (or not) their waiting lists are turning out to be. (Who knows if they will make an exception with 1/3 season's packs like in previous years, especially for folks "from away." My sense is they might need to be a bit flexible this year...)

nfitz
11-14-2010, 07:32 PM
Didn't we hear weeks ago that there wouldn't be any Marlies packs this year?

Auzzy
11-14-2010, 07:38 PM
No, Paul Beirne told people during the town hall meetings that there would still be Marlies packs. (Business decision from above, even though he didn't like the Marlies packes.) Some combination of persuasiveness & weak response from the waiting lists killed the Marlies packs since then, I assume.

jvanpeebles
11-15-2010, 12:36 AM
I'm intrigued to see if marlie packs will rear their ugly head again. can't imagine there's enough demand any more to be able to force that particular ransom on to people again.

I was told very clearly that there woould be no ransome packs this year. They had talked about some packages as well as potentially half season tickets.

jvanpeebles
11-15-2010, 12:38 AM
Given how many people have gone from Gold list to full seasons this year, I'd think that if one had "ransom" packs for 2 years, one should be far enough up the list to easily get regular packs this year.

Agreed. I was there saturday at 3 and there was still a lot of dark greys and a few light greys floating around. I wanted section 110 and apparently just missed it by previous group so was disappointed. Still a lot of reds though.