PDA

View Full Version : Today's News,Thursday,Nov.11

denime
11-11-2010, 06:16 AM
Mornin'

MLS Cup Playoffs Injury Report (http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/11/mls-cup-playoffs-injury-report)

MLS to hold first re-entry drafts (http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/story/2010/11/10/sp-soccer-mls-soccer.html)

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshinegirl/)

lips
11-11-2010, 08:29 AM
Mornin'

Technorgasm
11-11-2010, 08:53 AM
this re-entry thing is VERY confusing. . .
so if they dont get picked up after being dropped they are free agents?

but they were dropped!
MLS makes sure that players, of certain ages, and of certain quality haave:
1 - another chance to get into a team
or
2 - they werent good enough for their curretn team, but may be good enough for another team
3- curtail the slaries and restrict them to 2010 standard if they ARE good enough to play?

this is weird . . .

Roogsy
11-11-2010, 09:18 AM
^ It was negotiated as part of the CBA. Players were being held ransom by their old clubs even though their old clubs did not want to resign them, they still held on to their rights and other teams simply did not find them worth the trouble of having to trade for their rights. This way, their rights are not held up by a team wanting to get something for nothing.

[NBF]
11-11-2010, 12:01 PM
SSG: BAAAAM! I wish they were all like that:yum:

I havent watched any of the playoffs this year or any time before, but I was watching highlights from the 1979 NASL Finals, Vancouver Whitecaps vs Tampa Maniacs??, and I'm 100% sure that that 1979 team is 3 times better than the team we have in TFC. This was on the show Whitecaps Weekly.

Any word on who the candidates are for Head Coach or if the new Head Coach will be in charge of players signings?

[NBF]
11-11-2010, 12:24 PM
INTERNATIONAL NEWS:

Mario Gomez: Being Gay Is No Longer A Taboo

Bayern Munich striker believes that homosexuality in football is no longer a big deal.

By Gary Niblock
Nov 10, 2010 10:04:00 AM

Bayern Munich striker Mario Gomez has come out and expressed his view that homosexual footballers should not be afraid to make their sexuality public and that the issue is no longer a taboo-subject in Germany.

Gomez's comments to German magazine Bunte come in the wake of the views of several experts that footballers should refrain from "outing" themselves for fear of a backlash.

"Being gay is no longer a taboo subject in Germany. We have a gay Vice-Chancellor (Deputy Prime Minister) and a gay Mayor of Berlin. Footballers should therefore also come out and express their sexual orientation."

The issue of homosexuality in football has long been a sensitive one within the game, which the authorities have tried to tackle with various degrees of seriousness and success.

One notable case concerned the former Chelsea, Blackburn and England player Graeme Le Saux who suffered from homophobic abuse from supporters for years despite Le Saux actually being heterosexual.

I wonder if he is referring to any current or former players:D

http://www.savetheintern.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/landon_donovan_1.jpg

....too easy:cool:

Darlofletch
11-11-2010, 01:33 PM
mario...meet vlatko

http://www.croatiantimes.com/news/Sports/2010-11-08/15006/Homosexuals_banned_from_Croatian_national_team,_sa ys_football_federation_president

it's certainly still a taboo subject in coratia.

Waggy
11-11-2010, 01:33 PM
As of 30 seconds ago, I hate Teal Bunbury more than Vince Carter, Hedo Turkoglu, Richard Peddie, John Ferguson Jr and JP Riccardi combined. I hope whenever he comes into BMO (or Saputo or BC place) he gets 'reminded' of his treason

Fort York Redcoat
11-11-2010, 01:46 PM
^Let's see what happens in the Gold Cup. If he plays for the US it's hatertime.

J .
11-11-2010, 02:44 PM
As of 30 seconds ago, I hate Teal Bunbury more than Vince Carter, Hedo Turkoglu, Richard Peddie, John Ferguson Jr and JP Riccardi combined. I hope whenever he comes into BMO (or Saputo or BC place) he gets 'reminded' of his treason

Makes me wonder if he would have done the same if MoJo had brought him in to play in Toronto.

Either way, what a douchebag. When will Canada get some breaks? Its like no matter what happens, we spin our wheels.

Almost full stadium vs Jamaica? We shit the bed.

People interested in the WCQ's? We shit the bed.

We have lost JDG2, Asmir and Teal all within three years. Thats a solid player or prospect we are losing per year.

Stouffville_RPB
11-11-2010, 02:47 PM
We have lost JDG2, Asmir and Teal all within three years. Thats a solid player or prospect we are losing per year.

On the plus side when we last heard from Junior Hoilett he was interested in Canada over Jamaica. That would be a bigger gain than Teal is a loss.

Seen
11-11-2010, 02:57 PM
On the plus side when we last heard from Junior Hoilett he was interested in Canada over Jamaica. That would be a bigger gain than Teal is a loss.

In January Teal was saying the same thing.

I won't believe a thing these players say until they actually play for the senior team...