PDA

View Full Version : Re Entry & Waiver Draft December 8 & 15

Sullivan
11-10-2010, 11:46 PM
http://www.mlssoccer.com/2010-re-entry-process

2010 RE-ENTRY PROCESS - TIMELINE AND EVENT SCHEDULE

This document summarizes the process that will transpire after MLS Cup with regard to the Expansion and Re-Entry Process.
I. Expansion Draft Process – November 24
II. Re-Entry Process

a. Stage 1 Draft – December 8
b. Stage 2 Draft – December 15

I. Expansion Draft Process and Waiver Draft
The Expansion Draft for Portland and Vancouver will take place on Wednesday, November 24, 2010. The Expansion Draft Rules are attached hereto as Exhibit A. The Waiver Draft (the “Waiver Draft”) will also be held on November 24, 2010, which is the traditional waiver process for players who do not qualify for the Re-Entry Process.

II. Re-Entry Process

Player Eligibility
The Re-Entry Process will consist of the following players: (1) Players at least 23 years old with a minimum of 3 years of MLS experience whose options were not exercised (“Option Decline Players”), and (2) out of contract players who have not received a Bona Fide Offer1 and who are (a) at least 25 years old with a minimum of 4 years of MLS experience and/or (b) at least 30 years old with a minimum of 8 years of MLS experience (“Out of Contract Players”).

Please note, players may choose to opt out of the Re-Entry Process (Stage 1 and/or Stage 2) and have their rights remain with their current Club by notifying the League Office at any time prior to the applicable time ((a) December 3 at 12:00 pm and/or (b) December 13 at 12:00 pm).

1 Bona Fide Offer must meet the following minimum conditions: (1) “25/4 players” – first year salary at least equal to 2010 annual base salary and “30/8 players” – first year salary at least equal to 5% greater than their 2010 annual base salary; (2) option year salaries must increase by at least 5% each year; (3) term of 1+1+1; (4) the performance bonuses must be at least the same as the player’s performance bonuses in his previous year under contract; (5) for purposes of Stage 1, offers extended as of November 30 must remain open from November 30 until at least December 3 at 12:00 pm; and (6) for purposes of Stage 2, offers extended on December 8 must remain open from December 8 until at least December 13 at 12:00 pm. If a player declines to accept a Bona Fide Offer or the Club withdraws such Bona Fide Offer, the Club that extended the Bona Fide Offer will have a right of first refusal on such player and any subsequent offer may be less than the Bona Fide Offer.

Two Stages
The Re-Entry Process will consist of two separate drafts, a Stage 1 draft and a Stage 2 draft. In Stage 1, Clubs may select Option Decline Players at their option price and Out of Contract players at their Bona Fide Offer price. In Stage 2, Clubs may select players that were unselected in Stage 1 and who may be under contract or not under contract at that time. If a player is not under contract and the Club selects such player, the Club will be required to make a genuine offer to the player within seven (7) days (subject to League Office approval). If a player is not selected in either Stage 1 or Stage 2 of the Re-Entry Process, such player will be available on a first come first serve basis to all Clubs.

Event Timeline (all times Eastern Standard Time)
Monday, November 22
■9:00 am – 1:00 pm: Trade window is open
■2:00 pm: Clubs submit Expansion Draft lists to League Office with their protected players.
■5:00 pm: League Office issues official Expansion Draft list with players available for selection by Portland and Vancouver.

Wednesday, November 24 – Expansion Draft and Waiver Draft
■2:00 pm: Expansion Draft.
■2:30 pm: League Office issues official Waiver Draft list.
■3:30 pm: Waiver Draft for players not eligible for Re-Entry Process.

Tuesday, November 30
■2:00 pm: All Clubs, including Expansion Clubs, notify League Office of (1) players whose options they are exercising and/or (2) players who are receiving Bona Fide Offers.
■5:00 pm: League Office sends the following:
1. Option exercise letters (UPS next day air) to the applicable players2, with copies sent by email to the Players Union;
2. Bona Fide Offer letters, with Schedules attached (UPS next day air) to the applicable players to sign, with copies sent by email to the Players Union, which offers shall remain open at least until 12:00 pm on Friday,

December 3; and
3. Email to the Clubs and Players Union the list of players (i) whose options will NOT be exercised and (ii) who will NOT be receiving Bona Fide Offers.

Note: Players identified in 1 or 2 above will not be included in the Re-Entry Process. Players identified in 3 above will be included in the Re-Entry Process, unless any such players opt out.

2 As part of the Re-Entry Draft process, the Players Union will extend the option exercise date for Option Decline Players to December 10.
From November 30 to December 3
■Between November 30 and December 3, Clubs may still:
1. Sign their own draft-eligible players to new contracts, and
2. Sign and trade such players to other Clubs, provided that all parties agree to such trade (i.e., current Club, future Club, and player).

Friday, December 3
■12:00 pm: All Bona Fide Offers that were open as of November 30 may be withdrawn by Clubs.
■2:00 pm: Beginning of blackout period whereby Clubs may no longer sign and/or trade their own draft-eligible players until December 9.
■5:00 pm: League Office issues list of Re-Entry Process Stage 1 player pool to Clubs and the Players Union.
Wednesday, December 8 – Stage 1 of the Re-Entry Process
■2:00 pm: League Office conducts Stage 1 of the Re-Entry Process (via conference call).
Draft Order and Length: Stage 1 draft order will be conducted in the same order as the traditional Waiver Draft with Vancouver selecting 17th and Portland selecting 18th. The Stage 1 draft will continue until no Clubs wish to make any selections. Clubs may NOT select their own draft-eligible players in Stage 1.
■5:00 pm: For the players selected in Stage 1, the League Office sends the following:

1. Option exercise letters (UPS next day air) to the applicable players, with copies sent by email to the Players Union.

2. Bona Fide Offer letters, with Schedules attached (UPS next day air) to the applicable players to sign, with copies sent by email to the Players Union, which offers shall remain open at least until 12:00 pm on Monday,

December 13.
■Note: Any player selected in Stage 1 will remain on drafting Club’s 2011 budget (at the option price or Bona Fide Offer price) until April 1, 2011. Clubs and players may not mutually renegotiate such price to a lower number until such date.

From December 9 to December 13
■League Office attempts to sign players who were not selected in Stage 1 in preparation for Stage 2. On December 9, blackout period ends and former Clubs may again sign and/or sign and trade their own draft- eligible players to new contracts (i.e., a Club may sign its player not selected in Stage 1), provided that all parties agree to any such trade (i.e., current Club, future Club and player).

Monday, December 13
■12:00 pm: All Bona Fide Offers from December 8 may be withdrawn by Clubs.
■2:00 pm: League Office issues list of Re-Entry Process Stage 2 player pool (such list will consist of players under contract and players not under contract). Beginning of blackout period whereby Clubs may no longer sign and/or trade their own draft-eligible players.
Wednesday, December 15 – Stage 2 of the Re-Entry Process
■2:00 pm: League Office conducts Stage 2 of the Re-Entry Process.
Draft Order and Length: Stage 2 draft order will be conducted in the same order as Stage 1. Stage 2 will continue until no Club wishes to make any selections. Clubs may NOT select their own draft- eligible players in Stage 2 until all other Clubs have declined on selecting such players (i.e., a Club shall not be permitted to select any player from its 2010 roster until all other Clubs have passed on selecting such player).

jloome
12-06-2010, 09:51 PM
No one on that list I'd pursue. Khari Stephenson would be a good depth player but would come in expecting to start and likely too expensive. Plus, he's moved a lot lately, although I think he's from TO for some reason?

Milky
12-07-2010, 06:33 AM
I know this isn't exactly insightful, but JPA would be just the tonic that TFC need up front and I think that we should sign him in the Re-Entry Draft tomorrow. I know he's getting on a bit in age, but it can't hurt to have him on the books for one season, after which we can re-negotiate his contract or let him go. It seems very low-risk to me. As well, we will pick 6th in the Draft and I can only see Philadelphia possibly taking Angel before us, so there is a realistic chance that we could get him.

razor787
12-07-2010, 06:40 AM
He isnt worth the DP spot anymore. If we can snag him at a wage under DP, then sure.

Milky
12-07-2010, 06:59 AM
Really Razor? I admit that he's overpriced, but I still think that he's worth DP money. Last season he scored 13 goals, which tied him for 6th best in the league (with Conor Casey). In comparison, DeRo had a break-out season with Toronto FC this year and only scored a further 2 goals. Furthermore, Angel scored 12 goals last season and 14 the year before that, so he has been fairly consistent and doesn't show any signs of slowing down. I know that Toronto is the place where strikers go to die but if there were ever a no-brainer acquisition for TFC, then this would be it. We all know that Angel has the quality to be a top scorer in this league. He's proven that.

Milky
12-07-2010, 07:02 AM
I should also mention that his MLS-low 12 goals came in the season when New York were absolute shit.

razor787
12-07-2010, 08:28 AM
We can't look for a quick fix though. He is old, and the last half of last season his goals dropped off (saw someone else say that, can't verify for sure). He probally has 1 year left, 2 tops. We need to build a team to last. I dont want to get anyone that will only be around for a season, then retire. We need to get DP's that will be able to stick around.

What is the point in getting someone to score us goals, when he will be gone in a year? Wouldn't it make more sense to put money out for someone that will stay a while? My guess is he will either play 1 year then retire, or play 1 year then play a year in Columbia to finish his career. We need more than he can provide.

Milky
12-07-2010, 09:49 AM
In the real soccer world I would agree with you, but this is the MLS. The MLS is designed so that any club can be competitive in any given year. New York is, in itself, the prime example of that. Utter shite in 2009, arguably the best in the East in 2010. In the MLS you build for the present and a few DPs can make a world of difference.

Now, this is not to say that I don't believe in building for the future. I do. Our Academy will (hopefully) serve that function. But even with Academy players coming up through the system the onus is on Toronto FC to field a competitive side every new season. We've seen how ruthless the MLS can be. Where else in the world can you just trade a footballer 2000-3000km to another city without the player even having a say in the matter? I say we sign Angel for next season and if it works out then maybe he signs a new contract and finishes his career here, and if not then we bring in someone else. At the end of the day it's all about finding that perfect balance between experience/youth and quality/attitude.

Milky
12-07-2010, 09:51 AM
And before anyone jumps on me, I'm not saying that we should sign DPs just for the sake of it, but clearly JPA is a special player. We could use him or someone like him (if they're available).

Yohan
12-07-2010, 10:20 AM
In the real soccer world I would agree with you, but this is the MLS. The MLS is designed so that any club can be competitive in any given year. New York is, in itself, the prime example of that. Utter shite in 2009, arguably the best in the East in 2010. In the MLS you build for the present and a few DPs can make a world of difference.
eh. arguably, the DPs have changed the parity issue. well, judiciously used that is. very few teams have made good use of DP spots yet.
saying NY was the best in the East really isn't saying much, considering how weak the East was compared to the West. (and I'd argue that Columbus has been consistently the team to beat in the East last few years)

Now, this is not to say that I don't believe in building for the future. I do. Our Academy will (hopefully) serve that function. But even with Academy players coming up through the system the onus is on Toronto FC to field a competitive side every new season. We've seen how ruthless the MLS can be. Where else in the world can you just trade a footballer 2000-3000km to another city without the player even having a say in the matter? I say we sign Angel for next season and if it works out then maybe he signs a new contract and finishes his career here, and if not then we bring in someone else. At the end of the day it's all about finding that perfect balance between experience/youth and quality/attitude.
I'm with you on JPA. We don't have that one two striker combo that should be basis of any football team. JPA and DeRo gives us that for at least one year. I dunno. Maybe JPA is too old and injuries slowed him down so much. But at least he is more of a known quality in MLS so we know pretty much what we can expect from him. (and at least he can put away PKs lol)

Or, sign another DP and hopefully he pans out, which IMO is a bigger risk than signing JPA at this point

rocker
12-07-2010, 11:25 AM
so let me get this straight -- if you grab somebody in the first stage of the draft, you must make them an offer of the last year base + 5%?

If that's correct, then I can't see a number of these players getting chosen in the first round.

that would mean, for example, that Jimmy Conrad would have to be paid almost 260,000. I'd pass on that...

jloome
12-07-2010, 11:25 AM
And before anyone jumps on me, I'm not saying that we should sign DPs just for the sake of it, but clearly JPA is a special player. We could use him or someone like him (if they're available).

No, he used to be a special player. He looked like a lump of lead last season. He had 13 goals because he played with Joel Lindpere, who gave him spectacular service. In the second half of the season, he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn and he can hardly get off the ground anymore.

You don't lose technique, so I'm sure he' still a great finisher. But his time at this level is very close to past.

Suds
12-07-2010, 01:04 PM
so let me get this straight -- if you grab somebody in the first stage of the draft, you must make them an offer of the last year base + 5%?

If that's correct, then I can't see a number of these players getting chosen in the first round.

that would mean, for example, that Jimmy Conrad would have to be paid almost 260,000. I'd pass on that...

From what I've read it seems most GM's are in a wait and see mode for the first round; unless there is someone they really want.

And the second round only give you the right to negotiate with the player. Which means you could draft a guy in the second roun and not get him.

Pookie
12-07-2010, 01:46 PM
He isnt worth the DP spot anymore. If we can snag him at a wage under DP, then sure.

The argument depends on what we do with our 3 available DP slots, doesn't it?

If we waste them and keep JDG and give DeRo one, then I'd agree. Don't use up the 3rd on JPA.

But if we move DeRo west and have some option for JDG to move on as well, I'd take JPA as one of my 2-3 new DPs.

Pookie
12-07-2010, 01:49 PM

^ not quite.

If you read the following clause:

"Note: Any player selected in Stage 1 will remain on drafting Club’s 2011 budget (at the option price or Bona Fide Offer price) until April 1, 2011. Clubs and players may not mutually renegotiate such price to a lower number until such date."

... it would imply that you could renegotiate with that player after April 1.

Practically speaking though, if that player's salary is guaranteed, I'm not sure that the renegotiation process would be a success. You'd also have their cap space tied up until the conclusion of such negotiation.

So, effectively speaking, if you take a Stage 1 player, you are most likely taking them at their current terms for the year.

dantdot
12-08-2010, 02:09 PM
D.C. United selects Joseph Ngwenya
Columbus selects takes Aaron Hohlbein

And...that's it for today.

Ossington Mental Youth
12-08-2010, 02:09 PM
DC United take Joseph Ngwenya with the 1st pick
Columbus Crew pick Aaron Hohlbein formerly of the Kansas City Sporting Sporting Club 2nd pick

Whoop
12-08-2010, 02:12 PM
Yeah, I had a feeling TFC wasn't biting on any of the players available.

TFCRegina
12-08-2010, 02:15 PM
Yeah, I had a feeling TFC wasn't biting on any of the players available.

Don't blame them. It was garbage picking and nothing useful was available at a reasonable price.

Whoop
12-08-2010, 02:16 PM
But what about JPA or GBS!?!?

mastermixer
12-08-2010, 02:17 PM

Next week will be more busy... teams will be able to re-negotiate contracts with these same players. Players taken today are taken with existing contracts.

TFCRegina
12-08-2010, 02:20 PM

We have a JPA style player, and JPA would have required too much money in the first stage of the draft. GBS is 38. He's nearly done. I don't blame them for not taking him.

We could probably go to Latin America, say Bolivia or Peru, and find an attacking midfielder in his early to mid 20s who'd be willing to come here for a hundred grand less than GBA or JPA.

Whoop
12-08-2010, 02:24 PM
Who's our scout down there?

mastermixer
12-08-2010, 02:27 PM
^ Dasovich is scouring the jungles of Brazil and Columbia as we speak...:rolleyes:

Shway
12-08-2010, 02:54 PM
for players? or females?

you always here coaches going to south america to scout, but dont comeback with atleast one prospect

mastermixer
12-08-2010, 03:04 PM
Sorry... i should add that I have no idea who and if anyone is scouting for us right now... I was being completely sarcastic. Don't want to give any false hope.

Pookie
12-08-2010, 03:57 PM
Grabbing a DP today wasn't wise considering we only have 3 slots and realistically, really only use 2 of them. That 3rd slot hasn't been something the club has been willing to take advantage of.

If we grabbed JPA today, we'd likely be saying bye to DeRo. I'm 100% cool with that but not for minimal return.

He wants more money. He is near the max salary so the only way he gets it is to get the DP tag. If we have 2 players with that DP tag before he is traded, teams know that he is not likely to stay. We would have little option but to accept whatever is offered from the Club he wants to go to.

Hopefully, DeRo can be moved soon in order to secure the max value we can get and we can set our sights on a DP.

Clearly, if this team brings back JDG and DeRo as their core, while DeRo's stats might be ok, this team is going nowhere. On the plus side, we'll have some free time in the fall... again :(

TFC07
12-08-2010, 04:08 PM
Good! I hope TFC doesn't select anyone from this draft.

Milky
12-08-2010, 04:22 PM
Interesting that they didn't bite on Angel. I would have signed him just so that he would have had to have played one season in Toronto. Then, you'd have to re-negotiate his contract anyway but hopefully by that point he'd be settled in the city. And bringing him to Toronto wouldn't have handicapped us in any way. Only $335,000 or so of his salary would have counted against the cap (who cares what else MLSE pay him, they're rich, and if you don't think so give your head a shake!) and despite Dwayne DeRosario earning more than that against the cap, we have not made him a DP and we don't have to. If a player only makes a little more than what would count against the cap if he were a DP, then you can gamble with not making him a DP if you want to. But even if we did make him a DP (thus using all three of our DP spots) then who cares? They're there to be used anyway.

However, by passing on Angel perhaps TFC are either gambling that they get offer him a better deal than the rest of the league can, or perhaps they have someone of a similar ilk lined up. I guess time will tell...

Pookie
12-08-2010, 04:32 PM
Interesting that they didn't bite on Angel. I would have signed him just so that he would have had to have played one season in Toronto. Then, you'd have to re-negotiate his contract anyway but hopefully by that point he'd be settled in the city. And bringing him to Toronto wouldn't have handicapped us in any way. Only $335,000 or so of his salary would have counted against the cap (who cares what else MLSE pay him, they're rich, and if you don't think so give your head a shake!) and despite Dwayne DeRosario earning more than that against the cap, we have not made him a DP and we don't have to. If a player only makes a little more than what would count against the cap if he were a DP, then you can gamble with not making him a DP if you want to. But even if we did make him a DP (thus using all three of our DP spots) then who cares? They're there to be used anyway.

However, by passing on Angel perhaps TFC are either gambling that they get offer him a better deal than the rest of the league can, or perhaps they have someone of a similar ilk lined up. I guess time will tell...

Not sure but if they did bite on JPA today they would have 2 DPs.

JDG and JPA

Teams know that DeRo wants more money and the only way he gets it is if we offer him that 3rd DP slot. That would cost us $250k out of the gate to buy the slot plus his salary increase.

Even if we did that, we have JDG - DeRo and JPA as our DPs and the only improvement we have over the playoff failures of past year(s) is an older JPA. Not inspiring from where I sit.

Most likely, the teams would know that we are most likely to move DeRo as we haven't taken advantage of that 3rd DP. Plus his public stance isn't exactly "team friendly". They'd then have the upper hand in any trade discussion.

I'd welcome a DP core that has JPA and new blood in it but I'm not sure that getting him today is the best move for the club over the long term. Move DeRo for maximum value right now and then next week it is a different story.

TFCRegina
12-08-2010, 04:33 PM
Not sure but if they did bite on JPA today they would have 2 DPs.

JDG and JPA

Teams know that DeRo wants more money and the only way he gets it is if we offer him that 3rd DP slot. That would cost us $250k out of the gate to buy the slot plus his salary increase.

Even if we did that, we have JDG - DeRo and JPA as our DPs and the only improvement we have over the playoff failures of past year(s) is an older JPA. Not inspiring from where I sit.

Most likely, the teams would know that we are most likely to move DeRo as we haven't taken advantage of that 3rd DP. They'd then have the upper hand in any trade discussion.

I'd welcome a DP core that has JPA and new blood in it but I'm not sure that getting him today is the best move for the club over the long term.

Costs MLSE 250k. Costs you and me nothing, that doesn't come out of the cap.

Pookie
12-08-2010, 04:42 PM
Costs MLSE 250k. Costs you and me nothing, that doesn't come out of the cap.

Profit comes out of our pockets.

Profit = Revenue - Expenses - $250k

Ossington Mental Youth
12-08-2010, 04:45 PM
as mentioned a billion times previously, although some people rate JPA highly the fact is hes getting paid alot, and is getting older with that hes doing less, it could just be that JPA is not a deal to be had

Milky
12-09-2010, 04:20 AM
One question that I think needs clearing up: do you have to make players a DP?

I am of the opinion that you do not. For example, right now DeRo costs us more money against the cap than he would if he were a DP (in other words, he makes more than what is traditionally considered a DP salary). Yet he's not a DP. Am I understanding this correctly?

Again, in other words, if we took away Guzi's status as our current lone DP, then obviously his entire salary would count against the cap, but in theory is this still legal by MLS rules? In Guzi's case I don't know why you'd want to do it, but in theory can't an MLS club just make or take away anyone's DP status whenever they want and just suffer the cap space consequences?

Ossington Mental Youth
12-09-2010, 09:39 AM
yeah im pretty sure max against salary is 300 and something k, after that its DP territory

JonO
12-09-2010, 10:00 AM
I am of the opinion that you do not. For example, right now DeRo costs us more money against the cap than he would if he were a DP (in other words, he makes more than what is traditionally considered a DP salary). Yet he's not a DP. Am I understanding this correctly?
Not 100% sure on this one, but I believe the max salary is $335,000. Anything above that must be a designated player. However, each team has allocation money (in addition to the salary cap) that can be used to make up the difference. For example, if Toronto has $100,000 allocation money they can use it to pay DeRo up to $435,000 without making him a DP.

Also, since DeRo's contract was signed before the new rules (the max salary was around $400,000) I am not sure if there are any transitional provisions.

MLS rules.... :noidea:

ManUtd4ever
12-09-2010, 10:11 AM
I hope TFC will be active next Wednesday if Schelotto or Angel are available with the 6th pick. I maintain that either player would be a worthwhile risk on a one year non DP contract...

Ossington Mental Youth
12-09-2010, 10:24 AM
meh, not me, i think we can and should shoot higher

nascarguy
12-09-2010, 10:44 AM
I hope TFC will be active next Wednesday if Schelotto or Angel are available with the 6th pick. I maintain that either player would be a worthwhile risk on a one year non DP contract...
yup I would like to have both player's

DangerRed
12-09-2010, 10:55 AM
Torontofc.ca has been featuring JPA's picture a lot lately..

Just saying.

Ossington Mental Youth
12-09-2010, 11:07 AM
and frank ribery, sorry man, thatd mean we also prob have cochrane as our gm.
cant follow the logic

Milky
12-09-2010, 11:42 AM
I agree that Shitelotto is a good player (if not a tad long in the tooth) but I've spent so much energy hating him that I don't think I could ever welcome him into the TFC fold. But that's just me personally. Perhaps I have love issues.

Section 117
12-09-2010, 11:47 AM
At the end of the day the more I think about these palyers JPA and GBS the more I lean towards us signing neither of them period...

They are stop gap measures there is no long term plan with them in place. We would be covering the hole for a year at best and then we would be right back where we are now next year.

IMO we need to sign players that will be around for a couple of years at least to develop continuity and play within the system that the coaches set forth.

Ossington Mental Youth
12-09-2010, 11:56 AM
^^^^^^^^
BING BING BING, yes that is correct, thank you
I bet neither of these dudes would be able to do a full season, look at how often they were injured last year

ManUtd4ever
12-09-2010, 12:12 PM
At the end of the day the more I think about these palyers JPA and GBS the more I lean towards us signing neither of them period...

They are stop gap measures there is no long term plan with them in place. We would be covering the hole for a year at best and then we would be right back where we are now next year.

IMO we need to sign players that will be around for a couple of years at least to develop continuity and play within the system that the coaches set forth.

TFC has kids developing in the academy and a few of them may or may not be on the cusp of playing with the big club next season. In the interim, what's wrong with signing an impact player that should substantially improve the club's chances of making the playoffs? DeRo is in his prime and is not getting any younger. Why not surround him with the best available talent in the short term? It will not hinder the development of the young players in the organization and could concievably make TFC far more competitive next season...

Ossington Mental Youth
12-09-2010, 12:15 PM
because at this point in time, at this age with their histories of injuries and at their costs, they are not necessarily the best players to be surrounding DeRo, perhaps a year ago and definitely 2 years ago but not necessarily now

Section 117
12-09-2010, 12:28 PM
TFC has kids developing in the academy and a few of them may or may not be on the cusp of playing with the big club next season. In the interim, what's wrong with signing an impact player that should substantially improve the club's chances of making the playoffs? DeRo is in his prime and is not getting any younger. Why not surround him with the best available talent in the short term? It will not hinder the development of the young players in the organization and could concievably make TFC far more competitive next season...

Not for anything expecting kids coming through our academy to make a substantial impact to our squad is a stretch at best...

The reason I state not sign either of JPA or GBS is that with the amount of money that they would command you can pick up a couple of players that would contribute a lot more to the squad. Think about it you sign either of them to a DP spot that is $325K against the cap. i bet you you can find 2 quality players for $160k or three players at a $100k that would have a bigger influence on the squad then either of those two. Our squad has glaring needs at both full back positions, midfield - we need two wingers plus a creative midfielder and a striker who can score goals consitently who is young enough not to worry about injuries due to wear and tear ala JPA or GBS

rocker
12-09-2010, 12:35 PM
signing Schelotto and JPA raises some questions:

1) what's the alternative to signing one or both of them? They may seem attractive because of the unknown -- we don't know who else we could get; so we overrate the known and underrate the unknown
2) what style of play will the new coach/GM want to employ? Would either of them fit that style? Columbus and NYRB aren't interested in having them in their system anymore for some reason. They are successful teams (still shite tho!) who don't seem to need these two players.

Milky
12-09-2010, 02:48 PM
Rocker, I just don't understand the Angel hate. The guy is only 35. Worst case scenario, he plays half of the season and gets injured/retires. We can cut his goals tally from last season in half. I'll even be conservative and round down. That leaves him with 6 goals for Toronto FC, which if he had done that this season would still make him our third top scorer by some margin. No matter what coach we have next year, I can't envision them NOT wanting to play a striker that scores goals!

Ossington Mental Youth
12-09-2010, 02:53 PM
No hate just a disagreement in how useful the guy would be as well as how much youd be willing to sacrefice in order to find out.

Pachuco
12-09-2010, 02:56 PM

1) what's the alternative to signing one or both of them? They may seem attractive because of the unknown -- we don't know who else we could get; so we overrate the known and underrate the unknown
2) what style of play will the new coach/GM want to employ? Would either of them fit that style? Columbus and NYRB aren't interested in having them in their system anymore for some reason. They are successful teams (still shite tho!) who don't seem to need these two players.

Yeah well, NY has Rafa Marquez and Henry as their two other DPs. And you are asking why NY doesn't seem to need him in the system any longer? If you are telling me the unknown that we are getting is of that caliber then sure, who needs Angel.

There is nothing wrong with going with a proven player in he MLS as one of your striker options. That doesn't mean you are underrating the unknown.

TFC07
12-09-2010, 04:57 PM

Attacking style!

rocker
12-09-2010, 08:22 PM
Attacking style!

hopefully.. but without a new coach or GM in place, we don't know if JPA or GBS are the type of player they want.
for all we know the new management could say "shit, you saddled me with these old guys?" or something like that.
We can still attack without having either player.

Pookie
12-09-2010, 10:13 PM
Torontofc.ca has been featuring JPA's picture a lot lately..

Just saying.

... and Nigel asked Daso specifically about JPA a few weeks ago during an interview he gave. Daso confirmed a player of his type would interest the team but that JPA was under contract so couldn't comment specifically.

That's what has been said publicly to the media. Who knows what has been said privately through sources and mutual friends.

I'd wager that in the world of unofficial communication, JPA knows that TFC has some interest and TFC has some idea as to the kind of deal that JPA would be interested in.

Let the dominos fall where they may.

Oh, and trade DeRo. Did I mention that?

Smokecell
12-09-2010, 10:26 PM
... and Nigel asked Daso specifically about JPA a few weeks ago during an interview he gave. Daso confirmed a player of his type would interest the team but that JPA was under contract so couldn't comment specifically.

That's what has been said publicly to the media. Who knows what has been said privately through sources and mutual friends.

I'd wager that in the world of unofficial communication, JPA knows that TFC has some interest and TFC has some idea as to the kind of deal that JPA would be interested in.

Roogsy = :hulk:

rocker
12-09-2010, 10:37 PM

And Paul Beirne tweeted about JPA once I seem to remember... seemed to be enamoured with him.

clc12
12-12-2010, 12:30 AM
I agree that Shitelotto is a good player (if not a tad long in the tooth) but I've spent so much energy hating him that I don't think I could ever welcome him into the TFC fold. But that's just me personally. Perhaps I have love issues.

i think its more of a "claude lemieux" type issue. GBS is a player you love to hate. but if he is on your team you love him.

but my opinion is biased simply because i'm an argie and a boca juniors fan. what he did while playing for Boca will never go unnoticed to any boca juniors fan.

Oldtimer
12-15-2010, 08:22 AM
It will be interesting to see if TFC with pick #6 pick up someone.

I'm leaning towards "yes," but likely it will be a "lower end" acquisition...

Plus they may pick up Nick Garcia again at much lower wages for bench strength, if every other team has passed on him.

Jamaicanadian
12-15-2010, 08:36 AM
No one on that list I'd pursue. Khari Stephenson would be a good depth player but would come in expecting to start and likely too expensive. Plus, he's moved a lot lately, although I think he's from TO for some reason?

I agree with your assessment...He's a Jamaican international not from T.O. Although his father was the Consulate General in Toronto for a short period (prolly about 10 years ago) and I remember seeing him in the city then.

Yohan
12-15-2010, 09:20 AM
It will be interesting to see if TFC with pick #6 pick up someone.

I'm leaning towards "yes," but likely it will be a "lower end" acquisition...

Plus they may pick up Nick Garcia again at much lower wages for bench strength, if every other team has passed on him.
there are better depth options than Nick Garcia

Nuvinho
12-15-2010, 09:23 AM
how many rounds is the waiver draft again? 2 rounds?

Darlofletch
12-15-2010, 09:32 AM
I presume it's the same as the first stage, in which case as many rounds as it takes for all the players to be picked, or for all the teams to have passed.

ManUtd4ever
12-15-2010, 09:37 AM
In Stage 2, clubs may select from players that are under contract and those not under contract. If a player is not under contract, the drafting club will be required to make a genuine offer to the player within seven days. In the event that an agreement cannot be reached between the drafting club and an out-of-contract player, the drafting club will hold the right of first refusal for that player in MLS. Clubs may select their own players in Stage 2 only after all other clubs have declined to select those players.
If a player is not selected in either stage of the Re-Entry Process, that player will be available on a first come first serve basis to all clubs.

McBrace
12-15-2010, 09:40 AM

The Voice of Reason....I couldn't stand to see him even on the bench.

ManUtd4ever
12-15-2010, 09:42 AM
The complete list of players eligible for selection in Stage 2:

Saragosa, Marcelo - Chivas USA
Zotinca, Alex - Chivas USA
Lopez, Claudio - Colorado Rapids
O'Brien, Ciaran - Colorado Rapids
Vagenas, Peter - Colorado Rapids
Hejduk, Frankie - Columbus Crew
Oughton, Duncan - Columbus Crew
Padula, Gino - Columbus Crew
Schelotto, Guillermo Barros - Columbus Crew
Moreno, Jaime - D.C. United
Cunningham, Jeff - FC Dallas
Sala, Dario - FC Dallas
Cochrane, Ryan - Houston Dynamo
Mulrooney, Richard - Houston Dynamo
Onstad, Pat - Houston Dynamo
Serioux, Adrian - Houston Dynamo
Kovalenko, Dema - LA Galaxy
Sharpe, Chris - League Pool Goalkeeper
Burpo, Preston - New England Revolution
Colaluca, Nico - New England Revolution
Gibbs, Cory - New England Revolution
Smith, Khano - New England Revolution
Angel, Juan Pablo - New York Red Bulls
Sassano, Luke - New York Red Bulls
Talley, Carey - New York Red Bulls
Fred - Philadelphia Union
Seitz, Chris - Philadelphia Union
Stephenson, Khari - San Jose Earthquakes
Marshall, Tyrone - Seattle Sounders FC
Conrad, Jimmy - Sporting Kansas City
Wolff, Josh - Sporting Kansas City
Garcia, Nick - Toronto FC

ManUtd4ever
12-15-2010, 09:55 AM
Quite a few former Reds on that list although I wouldn't touch any of them.

My first choice would be GBS if he's willing to sign for approximately 300K...:hide:

Oldtimer
12-15-2010, 10:04 AM

Agreed there are better options, although whether they are available to TFC at a reasonable cost is yet another thing. So they may stay with Nick (not saying that's ideal, its just my prediction).

He'd be picked up also for his role in mentoring Nana.

He's old and slow, but he actually has a good head about the game.

DangerRed
12-15-2010, 10:14 AM
Today's the day we try to sign JPA. Can't wait and hope it happens.

Yohan
12-15-2010, 10:18 AM
Agreed there are better options, although whether they are available to TFC at a reasonable cost is yet another thing. So they may stay with Nick (not saying that's ideal, its just my prediction).

He'd be picked up also for his role in mentoring Nana.

He's old and slow, but he actually has a good head about the game.
sign him as an assistant coach then. IMO his playing days are over

I'd rather have Serioux or Cochrane as depth over Garcia

mastermixer
12-15-2010, 10:20 AM
Is there a reason why Jamie Moreno is on the list? Didnt he retire last season?

Auzzy
12-15-2010, 10:29 AM
sign him as an assistant coach then. IMO his playing days are over

I'd rather have Serioux or Cochrane as depth over Garcia

;)

Did you mean Marshall perhaps?

Yohan
12-15-2010, 10:42 AM
;)

Did you mean Marshall perhaps?
urrrr... ryan cochrane of houston...

swan
12-15-2010, 10:46 AM
The Voice of Reason....I couldn't stand to see him even on the bench.

no he's coming back just to piss you off...

i'll get xmas gift of his kit just for you:D

McBrace
12-15-2010, 11:02 AM
no he's coming back just to piss you off...

i'll get xmas gift of his kit just for you:D

Merry Fucken Christmas to you too...:rolleyes:

Lucky Strike
12-15-2010, 11:25 AM
The complete list of players eligible for selection in Stage 2:

Hejduk, Frankie - Columbus Crew
Cunningham, Jeff - FC Dallas
Sala, Dario - FC Dallas
Cochrane, Ryan - Houston Dynamo
Gibbs, Cory - New England Revolution
Angel, Juan Pablo - New York Red Bulls
Sassano, Luke - New York Red Bulls
Fred - Philadelphia Union
Seitz, Chris - Philadelphia Union
Marshall, Tyrone - Seattle Sounders FC
Conrad, Jimmy - Sporting Kansas City
Wolff, Josh - Sporting Kansas City

The players I believe can be of use to TFC, for the right price of course. That part is harder to agree on.

Yohan
12-15-2010, 11:43 AM
Gino Padula would make an ok depth at LB, but he's like 35.

Fred would add flair to wing except he's so inconsistent and has never really adapted to physical style of MLS

RedsYNWA
12-15-2010, 12:10 PM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMSJ2sZH0nT5wtkClW_9MdSJKOInuQs iu8Fg4ifZc6fCT5FOC2X46oIetr

RedsYNWA
12-15-2010, 12:12 PM
I prefer agent 007 :)

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHEd61RNr0x-50c9JE1ynQA6f-EynEDGMGOob_kwMNKgszlXZe0A

rocker
12-15-2010, 12:16 PM
Is there a reason why Jamie Moreno is on the list? Didnt he retire last season?

that's a soap opera... yeah, he did retire at DC.
But then he said he wants to keep playing, and has been looking at options in Bolivia and MLS.

At MLS Cup he was in the retirement video they showed at halftime, and he was supposed to come out on the field with Brian McBride for a wave, but he said he's not retiring and MLS jumped the gun on the video.

mastermixer
12-15-2010, 12:42 PM
It would be intriguing to see Angel play alongside DeRo or Santos.

Auzzy
12-15-2010, 12:48 PM
urrrr... ryan cochrane of houston...

Well then I'm relieved that you don't want The Coch to strap on his boots next season... ;)

J .
12-15-2010, 01:28 PM
I wouldnt have Serioux on this team again. Why? He would bring nothing to the team that it already doesnt already have.

DangerRed
12-15-2010, 01:30 PM
It would be intriguing to see Angel play alongside DeRo or Santos.

I'm going on somewhat of a limb here, but I firmly believe that if we don't sign JPA today, we will at least have tried our hardest.

He has been open about considering a return to South America, so that's another wildcard in all of this. The good thing is that he knows he's not getting a DP deal out of any club, so perhaps we can snag him at a great price.

dupont
12-15-2010, 01:51 PM
Is there a website somewhere to follow the draft?

dantdot
12-15-2010, 01:56 PM
Just this twitter: http://twitter.com/MLS_Insider

DangerRed
12-15-2010, 01:57 PM
^mlssoccer.com and their tweeter feed.

Lucky Strike
12-15-2010, 02:02 PM
Josh Wolff selected #1 by DC.

Lucky Strike
12-15-2010, 02:02 PM
Chivas choose Jimmy Conrad #2.

Nodoubtguy
12-15-2010, 02:03 PM
LA take JPA

Lucky Strike
12-15-2010, 02:03 PM
Revs choose Ryan Cochrane at #4 (don't know where 3 went) and then LA pick JPA.

Lucky Strike
12-15-2010, 02:04 PM
Cory Gibbs to Chicago and Frankie Hejduk to Sporting.

Lucky Strike
Seattle take GK Seitz.

Nodoubtguy
so we passed, right?

Globetrotter
But then he said he wants to keep playing, and has been looking at options in Bolivia and MLS.

I've been to soccer games in Bolivia. Yes he's from there, so he should definitely know that it's a ridiculous idea to go play there!

Lucky Strike
12-15-2010, 02:05 PM
More reason to hate the KKKrew and Cunningham. They are now together.

DangerRed
So much for JPA.

:(

Off to LA

Chevy
F****K. Cunny to Columbus. And I thought it wasn't possible to despise them any more.

If we take GBS that would be the sweet icing on the hate cake.

Lucky Strike
Luke Sassano to LA and Tyrone MArshall to Colorado.

DangerRed
Cunny to the Crew

Globetrotter
is everyone just going to repeat what we can read on the link provided??

Stouffville_RPB
12-15-2010, 02:06 PM
More reason to hate the KKKrew and Cunningham. They are now together.

They deserve each other.

The Crew cut the old guys to rebuild around Cunny? Sound good on this end. TFC will win their first match against the Crew this season.

Lucky Strike
12-15-2010, 02:06 PM
Fred to NE.

DangerRed
12-15-2010, 02:07 PM
is everyone just going to repeat what we can read on the link provided??

Go read the link, then. Don't read here. Twitter is banned at work for a lot of people.

Revs get Fred.

DangerRed
12-15-2010, 02:08 PM
They deserve each other.

The Crew cut the old guys to rebuild around Cunny? Sound good on this end. TFC will win their first match against the Crew this season.

No offence, but I think our chances of ever beating the Crew are a lot dimmer now (notwithstanding any changes we have yet to make in the offseason. I'll change my tune if we sign Cristiano Ronaldo, for example :D)

Canada72
12-15-2010, 02:09 PM
Did LA trade for two picks?
LA Galaxy select Luke Sassano
LA selects Juan Pablo Angel

Ossington Mental Youth
12-15-2010, 02:10 PM
too soon to say that imo

DangerRed
And that's the draft. TFC inactive.

Chevy
Surprised about the Angel pick. Maybe that means Donovan is on his way out?

Nuvinho
12-15-2010, 02:11 PM
Question: If you pick these guys, do you necessary have to offer them a contract? So, why doesn't TFC just pick a guy and move him somewhere else.

Detroit_TFC
Not sure if I should be enraged or relieved that we passed on this draft.

Edit:
Rage is always appropriate for supporters, never mind.

Pigfynn
This is who's left:

Sala, Dario - FC Dallas

Thrillos
12-15-2010, 02:12 PM
Did LA trade for two picks?
LA Galaxy select Luke Sassano
LA selects Juan Pablo Angel

The draft keeps cyclying through everyone until everyone passes or all players are taken, so LA picked up JPA then it cycled back around to them again and they pick Sassano.

Since not everyone was taken, everyone passed on whoever is left....

Lucky Strike
12-15-2010, 02:12 PM
Question: If you pick these guys, do you necessary have to offer them a contract? So, why doesn't TFC just pick a guy and move him somewhere else.

Yes, within 7 days. Though I don't know if picking a player gives you their MLS rights (to then trade them), or just a window in which to negotiate exclusively.

maninb
12-15-2010, 02:13 PM
Garcia was picked by Oakville Blades...5th Division Mens Over-35 League....They lost the guy who used to bring the oranges....

Ossington Mental Youth
12-15-2010, 02:13 PM
no big losses here at all

craigtfc
12-15-2010, 02:14 PM
Garcia was picked by Oakville Blades...5th Division Mens Over-35 League....They lost the guy who used to bring the oranges....

was that just a cheap plug?

Thrillos
12-15-2010, 02:14 PM
Yes, within 7 days. Though I don't know if picking a player gives you their MLS rights (to then trade them), or just a window in which to negotiate exclusively.

If your offer is turned down by the player, then the League looks the offer and decides of the offer was good enough or low balled.

If lowballed the player is a free agent, if the offer was decent then they own the players rights even if he doesn't sign

Nuvinho
12-15-2010, 02:15 PM
Edson Buddle is training with Birmingham City, so maybe LA is taking him as insurance.

LA did trade with Houston to get their pick in the waiver draft. Houston got a 4th round superdraft pick.

Azerban
does this mean garcia is officially gone? that's a better thing than any rights acquiring we could have done today

oxygenatedbrain
They traded a superdraft pick to Houston for the 5th pick, which they used on Angel...

maninb
12-15-2010, 02:16 PM
was that just a cheap plug?

No actually...I don't even know if they exist...but I reckon that's about the level Garcia should be playing at.....

Detroit_TFC
12-15-2010, 02:17 PM
This is a hell of a way to find out your market value as a player.

Detroit_TFC
12-15-2010, 02:18 PM
does this mean garcia is officially gone? that's a better thing than any rights acquiring we could have done today

Players in the discard pile are free to talk to their original teams, so I wouldn't start celebrating just yet.

DangerRed
12-15-2010, 02:18 PM
Edson Buddle is training with Birmingham City, so maybe LA is taking him as insurance.

LA did trade with Houston to get their pick in the waiver draft. Houston got a 4th round superdraft pick.

As you note, Buddle's just training with Birmingham, not trialing - an important distinction. Ives tweeted about Buddle not having a chance in hell for a UK work permit. He's staying in LA.

Nuvinho
12-15-2010, 02:20 PM
As you note, Buddle's just training with Birmingham, not trialing - an important distinction. Ives tweeted about Buddle not having a chance in hell for a UK work permit. He's staying in LA.

But he knows Beckham ;) hahaha!!! (As ives said)

So if LA signs Angel, keeps Landy, and gets Ronaldinho - will they have enough money to pay other players, or will they just play with 10 v 11.

Oldtimer
12-15-2010, 02:20 PM
Players in the discard pile are free to talk to their original teams, so I wouldn't start celebrating just yet.

TFC can now negotiate with Garcia at whatever level they think he's worth. It won't be much, as Garcia can easily see that no other club wants him. Or he can retire or move down to D-2, or try his luck in the Norwegian 5th division.

Chevy
12-15-2010, 02:21 PM

I'm guessing teams wouldn't keep their rights and they would become a FA after the seven days.

maninb

exactly...Buddle needed to play in 75% of the USMT games over the past 2 years to get a work permit....he played in 10% TOPS!!!

Canada72
LA went one up on us to get Angel. I wonder if TFC wanted him??

NOTES: Angel was selected fifth overall by Los Angeles, one place ahead of Toronto's pick. The Galaxy traded up to receive a chance to negotiate with the Colombian ..

Nuvinho
Earl speaks:

The second phase of the Re-Entry Process has come and gone and just as the Reds remained stagnant in the first stage, Toronto has chosen to pass on the list of available players.

“We have carefully weighed the cost and benefit of bringing in a player through this process and decided to pass at this time,” said interim director Earl Cochrane.

“We have to consider salary demands and weigh it against a player’s age and the specific playing style we are looking to implement for next season.”

The two biggest names available in the draft, New York marksman Juan Pablo Angel and Trillium Cup rival Guillermo Barros Schelotto of Columbus are respectively 35 and 37-years old. They also command a hefty wage bill.

“We are also in a transition process,” Cochrane continued, “where we can’t saddle the incoming coach or manager with key pieces that may not fit his vision. We have to be cautious with those types of signings.”

That being said, the front office hasn’t been quiet this fall. Cochrane revealed that there are 10-12 players Toronto has looked at closely and while they haven’t yet put ink to paper, the club has done all the background work necessary to pick up these pieces should they fit the bill.

“There are four or five key roster pieces we are looking to fill and a plan is in process. We have done everything short of signing these players as we want to be in a position to fill these spots once the manager is hired.”

Cochrane also intimated that these players could be acquired through a combination of free agent signings and loan deals – the latter option rarely pursued by Toronto in the last four years while some MLS teams have prospered going down this path.

NOTES: Angel was selected fifth overall by Los Angeles, one place ahead of Toronto's pick. The Galaxy traded up to receive a chance to negotiate with the Colombian ... Former TFC defender Tyrone Marshall was selected by MLS Cup champion Colorado where he will be reunited with Marvell Wynne should the the Rapids come to terms with the Jamaican international ... Former Toronto forward Jeff Cunningham was picked up by Columbus where he once spent seven seasons.

maninb
12-15-2010, 02:23 PM
TFC can now negotiate with Garcia at whatever level they think he's worth. It won't be much, as Garcia can easily see that no other club wants him. Or he can retire or move down to D-2, or try his luck in the Norwegian 5th division.

TFC will have to top the Oakville Blades offer!!! A free 1993 Toyota Corolla, and a room in the coach's basement....Let's see TFC beat that!!!

Detroit_TFC
12-15-2010, 02:24 PM
TFC can now negotiate with Garcia at whatever level they think he's worth. It won't be much, as Garcia can easily see that no other club wants him.

I can't see that the market value is too high on any of these guy, given they've been rejected multiple times by every team in the league.

I don't know, there is something very unsavory about this process. Some of these vets deserve a better exit. Makes sense as a roster clearing process but just seems shitty for the players. Big price for faux free agency.

Oldtimer
“We are also in a transition process,” Cochrane continued, “where we can’t saddle the incoming coach or manager with key pieces that may not fit his vision. We have to be cautious with those types of signings.”

...and so many people thought the FO is stupid. This is exactly what he should be doing.

mastermixer
If Donavan, Buddle and Beckham are still with LA next year and they add Angel and then (rumour) Ronaldinho then that's a force to be reckoned with.

Nuvinho
12-15-2010, 02:26 PM
Wouldn't it be wise tho for TFC to fill out some of its roster spots with serviceable MLS players who's salary demands aren't high. I mean, if they are looking to bring players in from Europe, etc. won't they command big bucks. I just don't want to have contracts like last year - Ravis and Maxim making over $100K each just because they came from Europe.

Azerban
12-15-2010, 02:27 PM
p. sure you need more than 5 people on the pitch at a time, doubt they'd be able to afford anyone else

maninb
12-15-2010, 02:27 PM
Cochrane revealed that there are 10-12 players Toronto has looked at closely and while they haven’t yet put ink to paper, the club has done all the background work necessary to pick up these pieces should they fit the bill.

“There are four or five key roster pieces we are looking to fill and a plan is in process. We have done everything short of signing these players as we want to be in a position to fill these spots once the manager is hired.”

This I like...of course this is the type of thing Mo used to say and it was always complete BS....But we'll see what becomes of this......

Oldtimer
12-15-2010, 02:28 PM
Wouldn't it be wise tho for TFC to fill out some of its roster spots with serviceable MLS players who's salary demands aren't high. I mean, if they are looking to bring players in from Europe, etc. won't they command big bucks. I just don't want to have contracts like last year - Ravis and Maxim making over $100K each just because they came from Europe.

all these guys are overpriced. That's why they were cut.

mastermixer
12-15-2010, 02:29 PM
Cochrane revealed that there are 10-12 players Toronto has looked at closely and while they haven’t yet put ink to paper, the club has done all the background work necessary to pick up these pieces should they fit the bill.

This I like...of course this is the type of thing Mo used to say and it was always complete BS....But we'll see what becomes of this......

Lol i wast thinking the same thing...

Yohan
12-15-2010, 02:30 PM
man. LA really is pushing for the MLS Cup.

Buddle-Angel
Donovan- Beckham

Azerban
12-15-2010, 02:30 PM
if they are looking to bring players in from Europe, etc. won't they command big bucks. I just don't want to have contracts like last year - Ravis and Maxim making over $100K each just because they came from Europe.

hopefully they won't be bringing in shit cloggers from europe

Thrillos
12-15-2010, 02:32 PM

Buddle-Angel
Donovan- Beckham

This coming season is Beck's last i think.

Azerban
12-15-2010, 02:32 PM

main difference i can see is that the coch is saying "when we get a coach" and mojo was saying "when i get back from fucking underage trannies in brazil"

prizby
12-15-2010, 02:33 PM
would have liked to see jimmy conrad; thats all

ManUtd4ever
12-15-2010, 02:51 PM
Earl speaks:

As much as I wanted TFC to make a pitch for GBS or JPA, I can't argue with Earl's logic...

London
12-15-2010, 03:04 PM
cunny in yellow again, how fitting

sampace
12-15-2010, 08:34 PM
Based on Cochrane's comments they will not be in a position to draft anyone either until the new GM and coach are in place. If we are lucky they will not be in place in time for the regular season, so they will ask the League to hold off on their games as they only have 1/2 a team to field until they hire their GM and coach! Can't lose any games you don't play!!!

Sopo
12-15-2010, 10:03 PM
Was there not an article saying the GM and coach we're going to be named sometime December? or was that just the coach?

Oldtimer
12-16-2010, 08:23 AM
Was there not an article saying the GM and coach we're going to be named sometime December? or was that just the coach?

Klinsmann expected a coach to be named probably before Christmas (maybe after at this point), and Paul tweeted something about "managers" (could be General Managers or a Coach, or a Coach/GM - which would be the case if Mariner took over).

McBrace
12-16-2010, 08:30 AM

Buddle-Angel
Donovan- Beckham

You can add Fankie Hedjuk to that list as well.. I guess LA Traded for his rights following the draft....

rocker
12-16-2010, 11:46 AM
You can add Fankie Hedjuk to that list as well.. I guess LA Traded for his rights following the draft....

Heyduk didn't look that good this year... his fantastic speed has dropped, he's making mistakes.