PDA

View Full Version : TFC Returns to Charleston!

Oldtimer
11-09-2010, 11:13 AM
MLS Returns to Charleston

The USL Champion Charleston Battery will be joined by Major League Soccer’s Chicago Fire, D.C. United & Toronto FC for the 2011 Carolina Challenge Cup, March 5 – 12, 2011. The round-robin tournament will be played at Blackbaud Stadium, Daniel Island, SC with the 2010 champions D.C. United returning to defend their title.

The competition format will remain unchanged with three match day’s each featuring a double-header. The games will be played on Saturday (March 5), Wednesday (March 9) and Saturday (March 12), with each team playing the other in a round-robin tournament.

http://www.soccer365.com/us_news/story_91110153603.php

Pachuco
11-09-2010, 11:19 AM
God March seems a long ways off to watch TFC play again. Hopefully this time we'll actually use the tournament to look at and sign some players before the season starts.

Oldtimer
11-09-2010, 11:31 AM
Even better, hopefully we'll have a full squad by then, and use this time to gel.

Mikey in SC
11-09-2010, 11:45 AM
Looking forward to seeing familar faces!

Always a good time!

http://give-em-no-quarter.blogspot.com/2010/11/teams-are-set-now-book-your-vacation.html

:drinking:

Darlofletch
11-09-2010, 11:51 AM
tfc, dc and chicago! that's quite the stellar line-up.

Oldtimer
11-09-2010, 11:56 AM
tfc, dc and chicago! that's quite the stellar line-up.

Except for tfc and dc. ;)

Hopefully we'll be much better by then!

prizby
11-09-2010, 12:19 PM
God March seems a long ways off to watch TFC play again. Hopefully this time we'll actually use the tournament to look at and sign some players before the season starts.

going to quote myself from before Halloween that I posted in the RPB member forum

I talked to Earl at the last town hall meeting.

Turkey is in the books for this year. The reason for it is so that they can try-out European trialists without having to fly them over the Atlantic. They will have an opportunity to match-up against Scandanavian, Balkans, Turkish, and former USSR teams while in Turkey.

Then they come back to Toronto, hopefully with a couple of signees. The team is given 7-10 days to sort out their accomodations for the next year, get use to the city etc...

Then they head back down to Florida (I could have sworn he had said Miami, but I could be mistaken) in mid-February. This is when they fly in Latin American and South American trialists. A couple more friendlies and the hope here is to finish out the trial session with a few more signings.

He then told me that they were for sure going to go to Charlston again, but this time, the hope was to have the full team set on paper and no more trialists so come the beginning of the season they aren't putting the pieces together and everyone will be match fit and the team chemistry will be a lot higher than this past year.

scooter
11-09-2010, 12:49 PM
prizby = seer

well done predicting the future