PDA

View Full Version : Today's News,Tuesday,Nov.09

denime
11-09-2010, 06:19 AM
Mornin'

No TFC NEWS

Sinclair guides Canadian women to CONCACAF crown (http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/story/2010/11/08/sp-concacaf-final.html)

Whitecaps team up, prepare for MLS debut (http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2010/11/08/whitecaps_mls_debut/)

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshinegirl/)

Cashcleaner
11-09-2010, 06:53 AM
Fuck the Whitecaps and their shitty fans!

That is all.

scooter
11-09-2010, 07:54 AM
mornin d

well done canadian ladies

mastermixer
11-09-2010, 07:59 AM
I know it's offseason but I miss getting TFC updates every morning...

Technorgasm
11-09-2010, 08:14 AM
WELL IN Ladies!!!!
wow - Canada in a world cup. . . . livin the dream. . . wonder if the Yanks will fair well v the Italians?

Detroit_TFC
11-09-2010, 09:21 AM
IMHO Canadian women have improved with league play and the WWC Qualification Tourney is the proof. As for the US, I see a decline in the program. Some wonder if it is WPS that is causing it, but that doesn't make sense to me. Rather its a combo of aging core, a lack in quality of the youth coming up and a lack of coaching vision. Pia Sundhage's system has its her course, would like to see somebody new in head coach spot after the WC.

US should beat Italy and qualify, but I don't see us getting to the WC final in Germany.

Wull
11-09-2010, 09:36 AM
SSGs look far too young this week

James17930
11-09-2010, 09:41 AM
I was gonna say, I'm amazed that we actually got a penalty call against Mexico in Mexico, but then I watched the highlights and saw that there was no way around it for the ref, not like the one in the first half which should have been called and wasn't.

razor787
11-09-2010, 10:04 AM

I disagree. They finally have some stunning ones. I just wish they would hire a better photographer. They are inexperienced models so you can't expect great poses from them, but with a good photographer, he can better instruct them, so they will get across maximum hotness

Oldtimer
11-09-2010, 10:09 AM
Four Points Kicks off Sponsorship of Major League Soccer, Becoming Official Hotel of 2010 MLS Cup Playoffs

The fast-growing hotel brand from Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE: HOT) announced today it will become an official sponsor of Major League Soccer’s postseason, which includes the 2010 MLS Cup playoffs and MLS Cup 2010, the league’s championship game.
Four Points delights guests with everything they need to travel the way they like: timeless and stylish design, comfortable beds, free high-speed Internet access, free bottled water, and a delicious breakfast with great coffee. It’s all combined with great “can-do” service, making Four Points hotels a massive hit with business and leisure travelers worldwide.
As part of the wide-ranging partnership, Four Points will become the Official Hotel partner of the 2010 MLS Cup Playoffs and MLS Cup 2010. North American soccer fans will gain access to special offers via MLSsoccer.com, Major League Soccer’s official web site, and select club web sites.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20101108006530/en/Points-Kicks-Sponsorship-Major-League-Soccer-Official

$$$ for the league. Maybe some deals for fans.

Darlofletch
11-09-2010, 10:18 AM
they're only signing and announcing sponsorship deals for mls playoffs now? half way through the playoffs?

seems a bit half arsed really.

Detroit_TFC
11-09-2010, 10:33 AM
I've stayed at the Four Points Lakeshore. Nice place and convenient to BMO, but the rooms that are rightnext to the Gardner Freeway are a little noisy as you might imagine. $135 is a good price.

jloome
11-09-2010, 11:55 AM
I disagree. They finally have some stunning ones. I just wish they would hire a better photographer. They are inexperienced models so you can't expect great poses from them, but with a good photographer, he can better instruct them, so they will get across maximum hotness

You're probably younger than him.

Dbl_D
11-09-2010, 12:01 PM
Great Job ladies, but I hope Nigel hasn't caught the Dobsen bug. I thought for sure in the last 15min of the game he was about to jinx'n them with his commentary. Not sure if it was the excitement of the game but he seemed to run out of stuff to say...

Alixir
11-09-2010, 01:48 PM
I've stayed at the Four Points Lakeshore. Nice place and convenient to BMO, but the rooms that are rightnext to the Gardner Freeway are a little noisy as you might imagine. $135 is a good price.lol I stayed at that place about 15 years ago when it was the Inn On The Lake.....reminded me of some seedy new york style slum...flickering lights in the dim halls...people arguing in thier rooms. When we checked in and went to our room there was a hispanic maid sitting on the bed watching opera and eating a box of french fries.

JuliquE
11-09-2010, 02:56 PM
lol I stayed at that place about 15 years ago when it was the Inn On The Lake.....reminded me of some seedy new york style slum...flickering lights in the dim halls...people arguing in thier rooms. When we checked in and went to our room there was a hispanic maid sitting on the bed watching opera and eating a box of french fries.

:smilielol5:

Hitcho
11-09-2010, 04:20 PM

Pffft, are you like 70 or something dude?! No way does today's SSG look underage, and yesterday's didn't look under 18 either. Just my opinion though.

Good on the CWNT. Now to get the men's team to the world cup... :D

pekduck
11-09-2010, 05:05 PM
http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20101108006530/en/Points-Kicks-Sponsorship-Major-League-Soccer-Official

It's sad when the 'discount' they give is often less then Starwood's online prepaid internet rate :rolleyes:

pekduck
11-09-2010, 05:07 PM

In Toronto, the 152-room Four Points Toronto Lakeshore will become Major League Soccer central for fans. Guests can book rooms starting as low as $135 (USD) per night

I can get King Eddie for that price if not lower :cool: