PDA

View Full Version : Raivis Hščanovičs to Montreal ??

STB
11-08-2010, 12:33 PM
Strange facebook message from Hščanovičs simply saying Montreal....

Anyone heard of him moving or is he just on holiday :)

mastermixer
11-08-2010, 12:56 PM
Although he prob is at USL level talent wise... I wouldnt make much of a facebook post saying "Montreal"
The dude is aloud to visit a city without playing there I think.

DangerRed
11-08-2010, 02:20 PM
Would be awesome if he's been shipped to Montreal. Good riddance.

__wowza
11-08-2010, 02:53 PM
but.. what about the bad romance chant?

rah-rah oh-la-la
iv-is oh-ma-ma
rah-rah oh-la-la
Raivis Hščanovičs!!

razor787
11-08-2010, 03:13 PM
He also put this on facebook. Not sure what to make of it :D http://i52.tinypic.com/9qkbk9.png

DangerRed
11-08-2010, 03:51 PM
He also put this on facebook. Not sure what to make of it :D http://i52.tinypic.com/9qkbk9.png

Maybe the two of them are going together! YESSSSS! :D

Unfortunately, that just sounds too good to be true.

Pachuco
11-09-2010, 10:07 AM
Gerba for Hscanovic. Now that The Prick is gone.

mastermixer
11-09-2010, 10:11 AM
We really should be thinking bigger than Gerba at this point (no pun intended lol).
Would New York or LA ever sign this guy? Why should we. Enough mediocrity at TFC!

Ossington Mental Youth
11-09-2010, 10:35 AM
Gerba for Hscanovic. Now that The Prick is gone.

Gerba will be just as lazy, have no service.
Although i do think he didnt get enough time here, i dont see him being any more effective than when he was previously here

Super
11-09-2010, 10:58 AM
We really should be thinking bigger than Gerba at this point (no pun intended lol).
Would New York or LA ever sign this guy? Why should we. Enough mediocrity at TFC!

I agree. We also have to end our massive love of Canadian players. We've failed enough. Now it is time to judge players on their skills - and sign only players that will be able to lift the overall quality-level of the team.

Pachuco
11-09-2010, 11:07 AM
Gerba will be just as lazy, have no service.
Although i do think he didnt get enough time here, i dont see him being any more effective than when he was previously here

I was just joking guys :)

It's my way to throw in The Prick in any sentence I can.

Ossington Mental Youth
11-09-2010, 11:18 AM
HAHAHA fair enough

werewolf
11-09-2010, 05:11 PM
They sell Latvian beer at the LCBO, no way he is going to Montreal.

ArmenJBX
11-09-2010, 05:25 PM
I will never understand the Jacob Peterson hate.

MartinUtd
11-09-2010, 05:44 PM

It's a pretty clear cut case of being shite.

Ossington Mental Youth
11-09-2010, 06:02 PM

HAHAHA yep, pretty much

__wowza
11-10-2010, 09:40 AM
at least we all still love joseph nane, amirite guise?

DangerRed
11-10-2010, 09:49 AM

In 2010, he had 4 shots on goal in 1,182 minutes of play.

His first touch is arguably the worst on the team. He has horrible accuracy and poor confidence on the ball. He's got low positional awareness and often is caught behind throughballs.

Wull
11-10-2010, 10:47 AM

HAHAHA yep, pretty much

In 2010, he had 4 shots on goal in 1,182 minutes of play.

His first touch is arguably the worst on the team. He has horrible accuracy and poor confidence on the ball. He's got low positional awareness and often is caught behind throughballs.

I've been on his back all season but since Daso took over I've seen a vast improvement in every aspect of his game, whether it be tracking back and making clearances and tackles around our own box, to better positioning to the goals and better crosses. I'm not saying it's enough to warrant keeping the guy but if it were kept going he could pull a Barrett and get me off his back should he be around next season

jloome
11-10-2010, 12:34 PM
Jacob Peterson is DeRo at 21.

Bare with me, Peterson haters. I don't want him starting here either.

Seriously, back in his Richmond Kickers days, DeRo wasn't ready for MLS either. He had a minimal skill set (dribbling and a powerful shot) and it wasn't enough when he finally got a shot at MLS to become a first teamer for four years.

Peterson was also a prolific scorer at lower levels. He could be a good MLS-level striker if he develops well over the next three of four years and, given that strikers peak at 26 or 27, might even be good enough to start somewhere eventually.

He was a striker in high school and college, dribbles well, shoots well. His first touch is shit, but that can be worked on. His pace is OK. His movement is average-verging-poor.

But here's the problem: in the MLS, with a salary cap, we don't have three or four years to develop a third-rate striker into a second-rate winger. Even if he was willing to be groomed as a one-way attacker (striker or hole player or general forward), why would we?

This is a big problem in North America. Kids come out of their teens with some of the skills, but not enough of the package. It's why co-ordinated development of top talent has to start younger, with full schooling attached to training ala the Euro academies.

[NBF]
11-10-2010, 01:15 PM
Could we use Hscanovics in a 4-3-1-2?

----------------------------------Frei-------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Gargan------------Attakora------------------Cann---------WhoKnows
--------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------LeBrocca---------DeGuzman-------Hscanovics----------
---------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------DeRosario----------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------Santos--------------------------------Barrett-----------

VoxPopuliCosmicum
11-11-2010, 11:01 AM
^Hscanovics is a pretty shitty passer, so I would say "no".

LaBrocca was mediocre as a wide player. He seems to do much better playing in the middle of the park.