PDA

View Full Version : MLS Cup weekend/events?

Red CB Toronto
11-08-2010, 12:25 AM
Beyond the stuff that is part of the supporters summitt has anyone heard about what might be going on that MLSE/MLS is putting on, ie a fan fest, parties etc like what happened at the All-Star game.

I am also interested to see if DeRo throws a jam like he did at the ASG, now that was a party, classy, intimate affair, only about a 100 or so people.

bardgal
11-11-2010, 02:00 PM
If the SoccerGods smile on the Galaxy this Sunday..... (just typing that I feel like I'm jinxing it), there will be Gs fans headed your way.

Would love to have any and all info of events so that we can RSVP/etc the second that whistle blows Sunday night. (I'm sure there are plenty of Dallas, San Jose, and Colorado fans wanting info as well.)

We always love when you guys make the pilgrimage to LAX, and we're hoping to return the favour.

thanks
Tally
longtime LARS

:drinking:

mastermixer
11-11-2010, 03:07 PM
^It's sad that we have zero info on what essentially is the super bowl of north american soccer, and its only a week away. No promotion, no itenirary, nothing. Is MLSE in charge of this or MLS?

Suds
11-11-2010, 03:37 PM
Seriously, I can't believe there is absolutely zero information, marketing, or promotion about this event. What happened to all this talk about events at Maple Leaf Square during the weekend?? Where's all the vents to showcase city of Toronto??

I swear I heard all of that said when the MLS Cup was announced it was coming here.

If I was Garber, or any future commissioner, I would never give MLSE/TFC ths MLS Cup again.

Technorgasm
11-11-2010, 03:39 PM
on the phone with TFC now. .

Will be putting a list of events that are open to the public and sending to my email.
They will appear. on TFC website next week. . . . or so. .
No mention on Young Dundas Square
There will be game day events at BMO/CNE

I Talked to Bria
She suggested the 90th Minute party of course.. .

I will post the moment I get the info.
We as RPBs should be planning something as well. . something that involves Booze. .
something that does NOT involve Joes. . .

I mean I would inviite everyone to my place buyt.. its not THAT big.
If we can organize, and sponsior something official that woudl rock.

RPB OFFICIAL MLS CUP AFTER PARTY AT MOD CLUB

a quick call, with a good head count they would surely show MLS cup graphics, footy chant songs and pretty much cater to us. . . just give me the4 word yo

Suds
11-11-2010, 03:45 PM
^^
That's embarrassing! The game is 10 days away.

.. Party at Techno's place!!! :drinking: :D

bardgal
11-11-2010, 03:56 PM
on the phone with TFC now. .

Will be putting a list of events that are open to the public and sending to my email.
They will appear. on TFC website next week. . . . or so. .
No mention on Young Dundas Square
There will be game day events at BMO/CNE

I Talked to Bria
She suggested the 90th Minute party of course.. .

I will post the moment I get the info.
We as RPBs should be planning something as well. . something that involves Booze. .
something that does NOT involve Joes. . .

I mean I would inviite everyone to my place buyt.. its not THAT big.
If we can organize, and sponsior something official that woudl rock.

RPB OFFICIAL MLS CUP AFTER PARTY AT MOD CLUB

a quick call, with a good head count they would surely show MLS cup graphics, footy chant songs and pretty much cater to us. . . just give me the4 word yo
Thanks!!! You are a ROCK STAR!!!
:drinking:

JonO
11-11-2010, 04:13 PM
^ It's true - he really is

Technorgasm
11-11-2010, 04:22 PM
the game is on Sunday. I am going to make the arrangements for a Saturday oparty. . and then make a thread here. . . that says OFFICIAL RPB MLS CUP pre party on it. .

have it closed and then just go party. . . .

Joe Kool
11-11-2010, 05:08 PM
The email about the special MLS Cup tickets that SSH's are getting says they will be arriving as early as this afternoon. Anyone know if there will be anything other than a paper ticket? I thought it would have been good to do a MLS Cup scarf or something like we get on opening day of the season. Since it is being shipped by Purolator I figure it could be.

Note to bardgal, I actually hope LA and San Jose can come and have the battle of California here (my wish)....make sure you bring lots of layers of clothing...can't believe the game is at night in November.

bardgal
11-11-2010, 06:17 PM
The email about the special MLS Cup tickets that SSH's are getting says they will be arriving as early as this afternoon. Anyone know if there will be anything other than a paper ticket? I thought it would have been good to do a MLS Cup scarf or something like we get on opening day of the season. Since it is being shipped by Purolator I figure it could be.

Note to bardgal, I actually hope LA and San Jose can come and have the battle of California here (my wish)....make sure you bring lots of layers of clothing...can't believe the game is at night in November.

Battle of Cali sounds cool - as long as it's not Chivas. Gots to get past Sunday first.

Definitely prepared for COLD. We were in Seattle last year, and I've been to Vancouver & the UK plenty of times in the dead of winter. No worries. It will be a nice change from the usual 80° days at the end of November. :D

GBV
11-11-2010, 06:35 PM
there was an ad in the sun this week with the winner of that contest.
had logos/descriptions of the semifinal matchups ... and info on matthew (not so) good playing pre-game in the parking lot.
and that's pretty much it.

party on, eh?
weak.

Suds
11-11-2010, 07:15 PM

Mine arrived today. No special package for the event. What you receive is the ticket specially designed for the event.

kaos197O
11-11-2010, 09:51 PM
Mine arrived today. No special package for the event. What you receive is the ticket specially designed for the event.
Sounds really commemorative. That was the wording they used....No?

Detroit_TFC
11-11-2010, 10:40 PM
There is absolutely nothing on the MLS website about the Cup events. Maybe they are waiting until after the playoffs are done. That strikes me as bizarre.

GBV
11-12-2010, 11:27 AM
Full-page ad in today's Sun.
"Soccer Celebration" ... 4 p.m. start ... no admission required ... outside Gate 1.

-- "Soccer tricks and demonstrations"
-- 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. ... autograph signing with Cann and Harden.
-- 6 p.m. ... live performance by Matthew Good

Sounds pretty tame and lame to me.

phonzo
11-12-2010, 11:45 AM
wow..they must really be going all out...

then again they had hedley sing for the first leafs game....lol

phonzo
11-12-2010, 11:46 AM
also i plan to have my own party for the MLS cup and it will be in my pants.

Darlofletch
11-12-2010, 11:57 AM
Beyond the stuff that is part of the supporters summitt has anyone heard about what might be going on that MLSE/MLS is putting on, ie a fan fest, parties etc like what happened at the All-Star game.

I am also interested to see if DeRo throws a jam like he did at the ASG, now that was a party, classy, intimate affair, only about a 100 or so people.

Are there supporter's summitt details already?

Derko
11-12-2010, 12:36 PM
Let's face it folks, if TFC had have been at the MLS Cup final, all those 'Lame' event's would take on a different light, wouldn't they, I on the other hand are going to enjoy the day out and watch some decent football at BMO.

Technorgasm
11-12-2010, 01:01 PM
I have made the arrangements for the Saturday night. Tonight I wil post all the details and share them across the interwebs for visiting supporters groups to join in .
Guestlist secured.
Graphics Agreed.
11:00 Sat Night at Mod club. College Street, Toronto
Mark your calendars. .

after party in Phonzos pants.
Bring dudes and lubes. . .

Mulder
11-13-2010, 02:00 PM
Seems pretty weak on the party front, considering it's suppose to be a celebration of soccer.

Most of the parties during the Grey Cup week started with a bathtub full of beer, an open hotel room door, and some friendly people with music. ex. Spirit of Edmonton party.
Now instead of bathtub's full of beer, the Spirit of Edmonton now uses Hot Tub's (In the case of last year in Calgary - 3 full of ice and beer to start the night)

Just giving some suggestions :)

Kaz
11-13-2010, 07:41 PM
Didn't Seattle Paint the space needle and make a big deal out of the cup?

MLSE has chosen to have the Cup at a stupidly late time at the end of November near the lake... and then the city of Toronto has barely made a whisper about it.

MLSE, the MLS and Don Garber should be ashamed.

TFC Cityboy
11-13-2010, 09:57 PM
Didn't Seattle Paint the space needle and make a big deal out of the cup?

MLSE has chosen to have the Cup at a stupidly late time at the end of November near the lake... and then the city of Toronto has barely made a whisper about it.

MLSE, the MLS and Don Garber should be ashamed.

bet you less than 1% of Torontonians know the MLS Cup is in TO next week

Heart of Stone
11-13-2010, 10:00 PM
If Argos win tomorrow and advance in CFL playoffs they will suck some mainstream attention away from MLS cup...

London
11-14-2010, 09:47 AM
the game is a week away and still no news on the summit???

aren't events better attended with more notice???

Wagner
11-14-2010, 09:52 AM
http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=25117

Friday at the Football Factory is pretty much at capacity.
so there could be a line.

Saturday at Joe's is still on.

Sunday Q&A and Supporters Shield Presentation still has some space too.

Please RSVP at mlscupintoronto@gmail.com if you are interested in coming.

nfitz
11-14-2010, 10:36 AM

Link doesn't work.

Given that RPB is organizing for more than just RPB members, presumably there is information other than in a private member-only thead.

sidvan
11-14-2010, 10:45 AM
bet you less than 1% of Torontonians know the MLS Cup is in TO next week

Bet most know the Santa Claus parade is next Sunday traffic should be fun

King Jeff
11-14-2010, 10:55 AM
Bet most know the Santa Claus parade is next Sunday traffic should be fun

:facepalm: I had no idea.

When does that end?

Red CB Toronto
11-14-2010, 10:56 AM

Friday at the Football Factory is pretty much at capacity.
so there could be a line.

Saturday at Joe's is still on.

Sunday Q&A and Supporters Shield Presentation still has some space too.

Please RSVP at mlscupintoronto@gmail.com if you are interested in coming.

I have RSVP'd for the Q & A a while back, can I also go to the events on Friday and Saturday?

rocker
11-14-2010, 11:04 AM
:facepalm: I had no idea.

When does that end?

starts at 12:45... probably ends about 3:30.

goes from Christie Pits to St Lawrence Market..

So it'll have no effect on MLS Cup.

All the kiddies will be tucked into bed by 8 ;)

Darlofletch
11-14-2010, 01:39 PM
probably more of a clash would be with the everything to do with sex show (http://www.everythingtodowithsex.com/) which is going on at the direct energy centre that weekend.

Detroit_TFC
11-14-2010, 03:59 PM
^ LOL

Maybe we can buy 100 blow-up dolls and bat them around the stadium during the game. I'm sure the league and ESPN would love that. SECURITY!!!

bardgal
11-14-2010, 04:02 PM
^ LOL

Maybe we can buy 100 blow-up dolls and bat them around the stadium during the game. I'm sure the league and ESPN would love that. SECURITY!!!

We (LARS) already did this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pNWXN9NoDE

bardgal
11-14-2010, 04:09 PM
^ LOL

We (LARS) already did that at a Chivas Game.

youtube search for - riot squad chivas girls -

Should be the first one you find.
:D

Detroit_TFC
11-14-2010, 04:17 PM
We (LARS) already did that at a Chivas Game.

youtube search for - riot squad chivas girls -

Should be the first one you find.
:D

OH MY GOD that was off the hook.

We soooo need to do that in Columbus. Of course we would be beaten to death by Crew stadium security. It would be worth it.

Detroit_TFC
11-14-2010, 04:26 PM
^ Heres the video. Off topic but fun

9pNWXN9NoDE

Carts
11-14-2010, 04:43 PM
If Argos win tomorrow and advance in CFL playoffs they will suck some mainstream attention away from MLS cup...

And BINGO - the Argos will be taking on Montreal in the Eastern Final on Sunday...

Just playing in the game will, as posted above, take away mainstream attention - if the Argos win the game, some Toronto sports segments might not even mention the MLS Cup at all...

Carts..

nfitz
11-14-2010, 06:12 PM
And BINGO - the Argos will be taking on Montreal in the Eastern Final on Sunday... at 1 pm in Montreal. I guess it will distract the media though ...

Technorgasm
11-15-2010, 08:19 AM
And BINGO - the Argos will be taking on Montreal in the Eastern Final on Sunday...

Just playing in the game will, as posted above, take away mainstream attention - if the Argos win the game, some Toronto sports segments might not even mention the MLS Cup at all...

Carts..

THis may be true, but we are hosting a majour tournament, surely there will good coverage.. . . still GO ARGOS!

DavydMT
11-17-2010, 08:29 PM
if any one is looking for some entertainment before heading to Joe's on Saturday, Delhi 2 Dublin will be at MOD Club, show starts at 7pm, tickets are $14

DAxAhUh_9yM

arbogast
11-18-2010, 09:26 AM
For those who appreciate the efforts of some of North America's finest soccer bloggers, there is an open invite hosted by Igves, DuNord, The Offside Rules et al at The Social on Friday:

http://theoffsiderules.blogspot.com/2010/11/party-bullsht-2010-notorious-dp-party.html

Naturegirl
11-18-2010, 08:34 PM
^ Heres the video. Off topic but fun

9pNWXN9NoDE

Bloody Brillant!

Wagner
11-18-2010, 09:48 PM
I have RSVP'd for the Q & A a while back, can I also go to the events on Friday and Saturday?

friday is a no go.
but if you rsvp to the email address, there might be a spot left for saturday.
it's pretty much full as well.

jazzy
11-18-2010, 10:19 PM
not so much an MLS cup event, but the 90 min party and tonights Hugo Boss 'right to play were outstanding, many of the team showed up at both events, but tonight at the Boss store had amazing chat for 30-45 mins with THE man Gargan, along with DeRo, Santos, and Conway.....What class, it's like talkin to to your brother, loads of frank insights, god these guys really are gentlemen and love playing here.......how can I ever be critical, argh, they feel in many ways the as we do on many topics.....but I won't quote 'now,' out of fairness........bring on the cup...........DeRo was sincerely flattered meeting him, wearing our RPB DeRo player of the year scarf.The only one showing colours at Hugo's, someone had to display.......I'm juiced even if Ford's Toronto is dropping the ball....."get used to it"......maybe just maybe, some visiting supporters will bring their game....

Technorgasm
11-19-2010, 07:51 AM
The guest list is on at MOD CLUB for RPBs.
Get there before midnight and your in free. Just say Giles or RPB

they have 2 bands that finish at 10:30 or 11:00 then is UK POP / Underground with DJ MRK till 2:am

Red CB Toronto
11-19-2010, 08:25 AM
Wagner and company, you might run into a problem with the event tonight at Football Factory and people just showing up, the Toronto FC website is advertising it as an open free event to the public. Just a heads up

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/11/get-mls-cup-festivities

Phil
11-19-2010, 09:49 AM
Wagner and company, you might run into a problem with the event tonight at Football Factory and people just showing up, the Toronto FC website is advertising it as an open free event to the public. Just a heads up

Its being fixed up right now :D

edit: now fixed

Boris
11-19-2010, 09:55 AM

if there are people who walk up - we have an rsvplist so no trouble.

I got the web team to change it anyhoo so no worries

Technorgasm
11-19-2010, 10:43 AM
No Phonzo's

Roogsy
11-19-2010, 10:48 AM
No Phonzo's

:thumbsup:

Pinkie
11-19-2010, 10:49 AM
No Phonzo's

hahahaha i second this.

Nodoubtguy
11-19-2010, 10:53 AM
No Phonzo's

:thumbsup:

hahahaha i second this.

So we can have one, right?

Darlofletch
11-19-2010, 12:29 PM
just got email from tfc saying sundays q and a starts at 8:45 am. everything else I've got says 9:45. I presume it's an error on tfc's part and 9:45 is the correct time.

turnbr
11-19-2010, 12:53 PM
Little late now, but here is a little more info re: weekend events. Mostly private tho'

http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/2377281/mls-cup-2010-public-schedule-pdf-november-16-2010-1-44-pm-364k?da=y

phonzo
11-19-2010, 01:51 PM
whoa what the fuck how did I just get cut out..or are we cutting out my evil twin?

Roogsy
11-19-2010, 01:54 PM
whoa what the fuck how did I just get cut out..or are we cutting out my evil twin?

Whoever it was that was feeling me up at the 90th minute party...he's not invited.

phonzo
11-19-2010, 01:56 PM
roogsy the stache!

I'd also like to quickly define feeling up...because yeoman feels up. I was just envious of said hair below your nose.

Technorgasm
11-19-2010, 02:02 PM
No Phonzo's

http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=25440

simple

Parkdale
11-19-2010, 02:05 PM
Little late now, but here is a little more info re: weekend events. Mostly private tho'

http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/2377281/mls-cup-2010-public-schedule-pdf-november-16-2010-1-44-pm-364k?da=y

so the Team is doing their own event at Real Sports at the same time as ours at joe's. No surprise there.

Technorgasm
11-19-2010, 02:47 PM
why is like. . the smallest bar ever listed in teh official events calendar?
Football factory?
like. . we coudl not get lsited in there.?
I even talked to the marketing folks 3 weeks ago complaining abotu lack of promtion and told them abotu Joes, modclub and Usect.

clc12
11-19-2010, 04:22 PM
so the Team is doing their own event at Real Sports at the same time as ours at joe's. No surprise there.

i agree. there is no surprise.
their private event at the real sports bar would have been the best time to protest the bullshit we had to put up with from front office.

boozilla
11-19-2010, 07:37 PM
Went to The Brazen Head last night and in walk Le Toux, Buddle, Wondo and a couple others I didn't know, for the lamest promo ever. In 1 1/2 hrs they signed 3 autographs for the waitresses and sipped Budweisers while the rest of the Adult Contemporary IT crowd watched hockey. Toronto knows how to throw a Cup party.

Red Rat
11-19-2010, 07:57 PM
Went to The Brazen Head last night and in walk Le Toux, Buddle, Wondo and a couple others I didn't know, for the lamest promo ever. In 1 1/2 hrs they signed 3 autographs for the waitresses and sipped Budweisers while the rest of the Adult Contemporary IT crowd watched hockey. Toronto knows how to throw a Cup party.

hahahahaha too funny

GlenM
11-19-2010, 08:03 PM
The guest list is on at MOD CLUB for RPBs.
Get there before midnight and your in free. Just say Giles or RPB

they have 2 bands that finish at 10:30 or 11:00 then is UK POP / Underground with DJ MRK till 2:am

Techno with some props to Parkdale to, you guys are the Bravo Oscar Mike Bravo!

So, it looks like this:

Open pub party Joes then Mod Club.

SWEET!

I'm definitely going to consider...

Thanks Parkdale and Techno for getting the word out for these events.

GlenM