PDA

View Full Version : Today's News,Sunday,Nov.07

denime
11-07-2010, 09:06 AM
Mornin'

Dallas Dumps Cup Champs (http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/11/dallas-dumps-cup-champs)

Colorado Cuts Crew From Cup (http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/11/colorado-cuts-crew-cup) :D

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshinegirl/)

ArmenJBX
11-07-2010, 10:16 AM
LA Galaxy vs. San Jose Earthquakes in the final, I think.

Sam Cronin scores in the 24th minute.

shutupkid
11-07-2010, 10:17 AM

Hilarious!

rocker
11-07-2010, 10:30 AM

you know what would be spookier?
Buddle scoring in the 24th minute!
He did, after all, assist on Dichio's goal.

scooter
11-07-2010, 10:35 AM
mornin d

tfc rejects in the heart of the playoffs eh

Auzzy
11-07-2010, 10:38 AM
It's probably already been mentioned, but all the remaining possible MLS Cup contenders have ex-TFC players with a significant roles in their starting lineups. (That's considering the fact that Tyrone Marshall is starting for Seattle in place of Jeff Parke, who is injured.)

I wonder how all those players feel about being dumped by TFC? Pretty happy at this point, I would guess...

(EDIT: didn't see Scooter's message until after I posted...)

Alixir
11-07-2010, 12:27 PM
I said it once and I will say it again...our slide down into the abyss started right after Mo shipped Cronin out of town.

Kaz
11-07-2010, 12:32 PM
So the Eastern Conference final is going to between two western teams.... because the playoff system makes no sense.

Much like holding the MLS Cup at 8:30 on a Sunday evening near the great lakes in an open air stadium at the end of November.

TorCanSoc
11-07-2010, 01:24 PM
Truth be told. One way I would be more interested in the FORCED MLS Cup final, would be to have Columbus in it.

That way I (we?) could have had at least some vested interest in the outcome. Cheer like mad for whoever they were playing.

Now? I'll be a passive observer. I don't quite care who plays, as long as its somewhat entertaining.

Yohan
11-07-2010, 01:31 PM
Truth be told. One way I would be more interested in the FORCED MLS Cup final, would be to have Columbus in it.

That way I (we?) could have had at least some vested interest in the outcome. Cheer like mad for whoever they were playing.

Now? I'll be a passive observer. I don't quite care who plays, as long as its somewhat entertaining.
yeah. but at least this way, there is no way Columbus lifts MLS Cup in Toronto. that's almost as bad as Mtl lifting Voyageur Cup in Toronto

Brooker
11-07-2010, 05:50 PM
I said it once and I will say it again...our slide down into the abyss started right after Mo shipped Cronin out of town.

Wait, are you saying that if we kept Cronin we wouldn't have slid down into the abyss?

Chevy
11-07-2010, 06:49 PM

We were already IN the abyss.

Oldtimer
11-07-2010, 07:02 PM
We were already IN the abyss.

We were in the abyss the day that Mo Johnston was announced as the first ever coach for TFC. We just didn't know it at the time.

TFC Cityboy
11-07-2010, 07:46 PM
So the Eastern Conference final is going to between two western teams.... because the playoff system makes no sense.

Much like holding the MLS Cup at 8:30 on a Sunday evening near the great lakes in an open air stadium at the end of November.
can't argue with any of that
:)