PDA

View Full Version : Who is attending the Toronto FC 90 Minute Party

Red CB Toronto
11-05-2010, 04:42 PM
The annual Toronto FC 90th Minute party is set to take place at Grace O’Malley’s on Duncan Street in Toronto on Wednesday, November 17. This is a full team event where end of season awards will be presented to players. In addition, there will be a silent auction featuring unique football memorabilia. The 90th Minute party is another opportunity for fans to see all of their favourite players off the pitch.

The one major difference for this this year's party compared to the past ones in 2007 and '09 is it being free. This could be viewed as being both a good and bad thing. The previous two were $50.00.

This has the potential to become quite packed when you factor in the usual after work crowd. $10 cover/donation at the door might have been a good idea just to give it some sense of crowd control, either way I will be their.

Toronto FC 90th Minute party

Date: Wednesday November 17
Where: Grace O’Malley’s
Address: 14 Duncan St, Toronto, ON M5H3G8
Phone #: (416) 596-1444 ‎
Time: 6:30 p.m.

King Jeff
11-05-2010, 05:04 PM
I work right around the corner, so I may stop by. Do you have to RSVP or anything?

Yeoman
11-05-2010, 05:06 PM
a maybe. i do need to stalk frei about something

kaos197O
11-05-2010, 05:14 PM
a maybe. i do need to stalk frei about something
Should have been at BMO today. He was playing soccer ball tennis with Emmanuel Gomez today. By my count he was losing too. Gomez is a beast and looks as if he's recovering quite nicely. Hope we keep him. BTW, the game looked wicked fun. They were having a blast.

Jeffro
11-05-2010, 05:31 PM
Haha, last year Malcolm (kitman) schooled Jimmy B in footy tennis, fun game for sure.

JonO
11-05-2010, 05:39 PM
I'd like to go, but the timing may not work out for me this year. Will be a last minute decision...

Darlofletch
11-05-2010, 05:46 PM
hopefully, though I will need to shift shifts about at work.

Yeoman
11-05-2010, 06:34 PM
Should have been at BMO today. He was playing soccer ball tennis with Emmanuel Gomez today. By my count he was losing too. Gomez is a beast and looks as if he's recovering quite nicely. Hope we keep him. BTW, the game looked wicked fun. They were having a blast.

ah too bad i don't live in TO anyways. would make my life easier.
dah well

scooter
11-05-2010, 08:11 PM
just thinking that we beat up mlse about being greedy about tics
maybe they figure if they charge for this we might crit them again
just a thought

Joe Kool
11-05-2010, 08:59 PM
I don't think it will be free. The pub crawls they were talking about are free. I think they just didn't put the price in the email so it looks that way with the wording. I bet more info comes out next week regarding tickets. I was thinking of going but I am already out to the Leaf and Raptor game that week so not sure if I want to drive in to downtown for a 3rd day that week.

prizby
11-05-2010, 09:56 PM
class ends at 5:30...in Sudbury

Klinsmann
11-06-2010, 08:47 AM
I'm coming down for this, I work close by, I'll pop over after work that night.

Brooker
11-06-2010, 12:49 PM
I can't believe people used to pay money for something that should be and is now rightfuly free.

Fuck no.

Hitcho
11-07-2010, 09:32 AM
Perfect - will get Jimmy's sig on my season one shirt to add to Danny's and Robbo's and can then get it framed...

rocker
11-07-2010, 09:54 AM
I don't think it will be free. The pub crawls they were talking about are free.

No, it's free.

From the message:

There is no admission cost to the pub crawl or 90th Minute events.

Joe Kool
11-07-2010, 05:56 PM
No, it's free.

From the message:

There is no admission cost to the pub crawl or 90th Minute events.

Cool...I see that on the TFC website now. I was going by the email they sent out which I deleted already but I don't remember seeing that line in the email. No matter. Free is good. Thanks for the clarification.

nascarguy
11-07-2010, 10:01 PM
sure I'll be there and I'll be at on Clancy’s Fine Food and Ale in Burlington to meet Chad Barrett, Stefan Frei, Ty Harden, Maicon and Nick LaBrocca on Thursday, November 11

CoachGT
11-08-2010, 07:08 AM
I can't believe people used to pay money for something that should be and is now rightfuly free.

Fuck no.

Proceeds from the event went to charity in the past.

H Bomb
11-08-2010, 10:48 AM
I wish there was a 90th minute party where the FO didnt show up. I'd be more than happy to talk footy with some players but dont trust myself in a room with MLSE....at least not a public room where they'd prefer there wasnt a scene. So no, I wont be going, because I dont want to be near the FO.

Section 117
11-08-2010, 12:53 PM
I am going to be there. It will be nice to see the boys one last time before next year

Technorgasm
11-08-2010, 01:37 PM
If they arent arsed to go to the RPB party, Im not interested.
Should be fun times though. . I just wish that one of the players or all of them, would get drunk and do something funny.. . .

mastermixer
11-08-2010, 01:58 PM
I am going to be there. It will be nice to see the boys one last time before next year

Considering most won't even be here next year, it may be the last time ever.

v00d00daddy
11-08-2010, 07:59 PM
I don't understand the appeal or attraction of going to hang out with the players and the club.

Why hang out with complete strangers pretending to be your friend?

Then I wonder why some people can't be objective when we're mid season and talking about the merits of these guys as it pertains to soccer ability.

Enjoy the "free" party.

Good thing we were (rightfully) angry just a few weeks ago. :rolleyes:

Roogsy
11-08-2010, 10:04 PM
Why do people have to see things or like the same things you do?

Free booze and drinks, some people might like to go simply because they'd like to be a part of something more than a bitchfest?

:rolleyes:

Gawd...if the team does the party, real fans shouldn't go but if they don't, the team isn't making an effort to reach the fans. Do you ever have anything positive to say?

Brooker
11-08-2010, 11:02 PM

Free booze and drinks, some people might like to go simply because they'd like to be a part of something more than a bitchfest?

Gawd...if the team does the party, real fans shouldn't go but if they don't, the team isn't making an effort to reach the fans. Do you ever have anything positive to say?

SORRY WHAT?!

TFC07
11-09-2010, 02:27 AM
I don't understand the appeal or attraction of going to hang out with the players and the club.

Why hang out with complete strangers pretending to be your friend?

Then I wonder why some people can't be objective when we're mid season and talking about the merits of these guys as it pertains to soccer ability.

Enjoy the "free" party.

Good thing we were (rightfully) angry just a few weeks ago. :rolleyes:

Lol...Yeah, I admit I find it corny to have these sort of events. But whatever, there's obviously a demand in fanbase for these sort of events. I wonder who is going to take part of this event from TFC side this year.

v00d00daddy
11-09-2010, 07:21 AM

Look...If people have a child that would be excited to see the players then fine..I just don't get why grown ass men want to go and have beers with the players.

Nobody said anything about "real fans" or that anyone has to see things the way I do.

I just think it is farcical to wear green to games as a protest of the club and their treatment of the supporters and then turn around and go hob knob with the same people.

This whole idea of being friends with the players is a fucking joke in my opinon. The minute you start seeing those guys as your buddies you lose the ability to call a spade a spade when it's required. And Lord knows, over the last 4 years its been required a lot.

As for being positive...meh...there is very little surrounding this team to be positive about. For me it's mostly been attending games with friends and seeing/meeting new friends at the games. There's been nowhere near enough positive surrounding this team to warrant attending a party at the end of every year. Not for me at least.

btw...when did I ever say that if they don't throw this party the team isn't doing enough to reach the fans? just curious.

Also...what can you say that is "positive" about this team?

English Rachel
11-09-2010, 08:06 AM
Last years was immense fun, I loved it! I know this years will be shrouded in angst but to be honest, it really seems like they're trying so I will be there, brimming with positivity!

How are they going to have admission though? Surely it's going to be rammed?

JonO
11-09-2010, 12:22 PM
I just think it is farcical to wear green to games as a protest of the club and their treatment of the supporters and then turn around and go hob knob with the same people.
You're contradicting yourself - at no point were the player the target of the "wear green" campaign. That was MLSE. And I doubt many people would attend this event to hobnob with the front office (even though I think Paul B is a pretty stand up guy - contrary to some opinions on here - but that is a different topic altogether)

Also, I don't understand why I, as a supporter of TFC, need to be objective about the players. Further, as an adult I am more than capable of separating my opinions about someones personality from their talent level.

It's a rare opportunity in pro sports today to be able to get to know the player on the team you support. If you don't wish to take advantage of it, the so be it.

v00d00daddy
11-09-2010, 12:43 PM
You're contradicting yourself - at no point were the player the target of the "wear green" campaign. That was MLSE. And I doubt many people would attend this event to hobnob with the front office (even though I think Paul B is a pretty stand up guy - contrary to some opinions on here - but that is a different topic altogether)

Also, I don't understand why I, as a supporter of TFC, need to be objective about the players. Further, as an adult I am more than capable of separating my opinions about someones personality from their talent level.

It's a rare opportunity in pro sports today to be able to get to know the player on the team you support. If you don't wish to take advantage of it, the so be it.

I know the players weren't the target of the wear green protest but the players aren't the people putting in this event. To me it's like being told to fuck off by your next door neighbour one week and then being invited over for dinner the next week and being told that they still like you and they'd like to offer you some nice food and booze. I'd be telling that neighbour that while I enjoy good food and drink, (in this case meeting the players) I won't easily forget how I was told to fuck off.

As for being objective...no you don't have to be...but you do have to be to be credible when discussing how good or bad a player is. At least try.

It would be nice to see nobody show up for the freebies and meet and greet with the players but it's not gonna happen.

Like you said, to each their own.

trane
11-09-2010, 02:09 PM
^ I agree with you v00d00daddy, but I am a negative trouble maker.

This is MLSE marketing, attending it helps MLSE market. Not interested, they have been feeding us raw stinky shit for four years, lets see them put something on the filed and enough of this off field niceness.

Fort York Redcoat
11-09-2010, 03:40 PM

Well that sure wasn't a whole helluva lot of us, was it? So there goes your empty dance hall idea.

There will always be different fans. I don't need to meet my heroes, personally. They've done their job inspiring me already.

mastermixer
11-09-2010, 03:51 PM
I wonder if TFC ever gets a big name DP will he be obligated to visit Jack AStors in Scarborough on a Tuesday evening... Would be interesting.

Yagbod
11-09-2010, 03:55 PM
I have never heard of a DP coming out to these. De Guz didn't even come to the 90th min party last year.

These people don't mix with the riff raff....

Wull
11-09-2010, 04:15 PM
I have never heard of a DP coming out to these. De Guz didn't even come to the 90th min party last year.

He should be there apologizing

Frick
11-10-2010, 12:36 PM

Julian wasn't there because he was playing with the National Team.

David_Oliveira
11-10-2010, 12:42 PM
Julian wasn't there because he was playing with the National Team.

Sorry out of the CNMT loop here. When do they play next?

menefreghista
11-10-2010, 12:45 PM

In February v Greece.

FluSH
11-11-2010, 11:10 PM
ok I will try to make this event...

David_Oliveira
11-11-2010, 11:13 PM
In February v Greece.

Oh ok thanks. I misread the whole thing I thought it said JDG wasn't going to attend do to a CMNT game

Fort York Redcoat
11-12-2010, 08:44 AM

and who knows if our boys will even be invited/called up? They drew Ukraine w/o DeRo, JDG and Nana has missed Canada matches for TFC.

Technorgasm
11-12-2010, 09:07 AM
Last years was immense fun, I loved it! I know this years will be shrouded in angst but to be honest, it really seems like they're trying so I will be there, brimming with positivity!

How are they going to have admission though? Surely it's going to be rammed?

If anyone else needed another reason to go. . . . the above post is it.
Potter in teh house!
WHAT WHAT!

Pinkie
11-15-2010, 03:48 PM
i've paid in the past to go..so now that it's free i'm in.

its good fun..i'll never forget yelling at ronnie o playing foosball vs parkdale and flatz as we were losing.

jazzy
11-15-2010, 09:14 PM
why do I get the feeling it'll be a bit crowded........they should have charged $10 at least to give to some/any good cause

Keystone FC
11-17-2010, 02:03 AM
I SHALL be attending.

Parkdale
11-17-2010, 07:21 AM
^ that's awewsome.

I'm back from France just in time, but the jetlag may be a bit killer.

oh, and would it be rude to be decked out entirely in Olympique Marseille gear? ;)

English Rachel
11-17-2010, 09:20 AM
So do you think it will be rammed?

Parkdale
11-17-2010, 09:35 AM
So do you think it will be rammed?

probably, but with familiar faces. I'm not sure if the average joe will be that into a Wednesday night event. I could be wrong though.

I know the bar pretty well (my buddy is the weekend dj at that spot) and it's a pretty big bar. Not huge, but big enough that it can hold lots of people.

English Rachel
11-17-2010, 10:26 AM
I know it too, have spent many a drunken evening there :)

Parkdale
11-18-2010, 08:32 AM
that... was a fun night.

phonzo
11-18-2010, 09:07 AM
stylish scarf brah

Parkdale
11-18-2010, 09:08 AM
thanks!

even KitManMalcolm made fun of me.

Mark TFC
11-18-2010, 09:18 AM
Great, fun night last night!

I talked to most of the guys briefly and had a pretty humourous convo with Cann. I even managed to spill a beer on de Guzman... pretty embarrassing but at least it's a story now.

DOMIN8R
11-18-2010, 09:31 AM
It was fun. Great conversations with some insightful people. Hurting this morning though.

Parkdale
11-18-2010, 09:31 AM
Great conversations with some insightful people.

clearly, you aren't talking about me.

:)

Pinkie
11-18-2010, 09:33 AM
i <3 santos.

that is all that needs to be said about this awesome event.

Fort York Redcoat
11-18-2010, 09:44 AM
i <3 santos.

And now we got the pics to prove it...

Pinkie
11-18-2010, 09:49 AM
hahahaha yeah

also whoever thought it was a good idea to boo JDG...you are not cool.

fiji_blue
11-18-2010, 09:51 AM
Great Night got to talk to all the players, and some interesting ppl

phonzo
11-18-2010, 10:27 AM
honestly after a discussion with santos yesterday I can say he's a funny funny man.

scooter
11-18-2010, 10:32 AM
i couldnt make i last night but i am hoping for great things from santos next year love his left foot

Pinkie
11-18-2010, 10:37 AM
honestly after a discussion with santos yesterday I can say he's a funny funny man.

i hate you phonzo

Yagbod
11-18-2010, 10:38 AM
It was too bad that they did not have the raffle and the grab-bags. That was the best part of last years event. I can afford a raffle ticket, I can't afford minimum bids of $150 in an auction. Still, I hope they raised some good money for the charity.

The beer coolies were sweet though.

Mark TFC
11-18-2010, 12:06 PM
also whoever thought it was a good idea to boo JDG...you are not cool.

I heard that too. Definately not cool.

Mikey
11-18-2010, 04:21 PM
Was it the other players....?

Keystone FC
11-18-2010, 04:37 PM
I heard that too. Definately not cool.
I thought they were saying GOOOOOZE!

Yagbod
11-18-2010, 05:06 PM
I thought they were saying GOOOOOZE!

I think he was. I am pretty sure the guy was standing near me and it sounded like he was booing, but then Dero came up and he made the same noise "Deroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo" only the 'o' sounded lie 'u'. "Deruuuuuuuuuuu"

Anyway...

dupont
11-18-2010, 09:10 PM
hahaha

BOOOO-URNS ???

Roogsy
11-19-2010, 10:38 AM
Phonzo kept touching my Movember moustache...

Bad form Phonz... :cuss:

LOL!

CBTFC
11-20-2010, 10:17 AM

I went to the Pub Crawl event in Burlington, and it was great to interact with the players in what was a pretty chill environment. Chatted with Santos for a bit and yeah, how he expresses himself gave me a laugh. Especially when I asked what was goin through his mind on that sick strike against Colombus, ha.

Barrett spoke bluntly and was pretty straight forward on his thoughts, no bullshit from him. And Frei was ridiculously polite and softspoken.

I hope all 3 are back for next year.