PDA

View Full Version : Vancouver ST Prices released

Ben - D.O.W.
11-04-2010, 03:25 PM
http://www.whitecapsfc.com/tickets/

Not sure how I feel about this compared to TFC prices. Thoughts?

Edit: And I currently sit in 109 - prices are either comparable to 216 or way worse to 217 depending on where that would fall.

Oldtimer
11-04-2010, 03:45 PM
In the same general range -- no $200 seasons here.

The midrange is higher or the same, and the very top and the very bottom prices are lower.

rocker
11-04-2010, 05:55 PM
note the little point about taxes in the chart... TFC's ST prices include taxes, Vancouver's do not.

so with that included, my seats at BC Place would actually cost me more than at BMO Field, by about 40 bucks per seat.

werewolf
11-04-2010, 06:17 PM
thats nice they give a shout-out to TFC and Seattle to encourage their fans :lol:

gtaguy
11-04-2010, 06:29 PM
I guess the market conditions in Vancouver are the same as Toronto's. I don't want to see what ticket prices are going to be like for the white caps in year 4..

Kooper
11-04-2010, 07:16 PM
I am glad Tom agreed to the price freeze before this came out.

ensco
11-04-2010, 08:07 PM
For those of us in the prawnies (reds) here, that chart's a bit of a bummer.

The better seats in Vancouver (their purples and blues) are about 25-35% cheaper than they are here, even normalized for taxes.

Too many bankers in this city.

flatpicker
11-04-2010, 08:19 PM
I see they promote the team with Martin Nash on the web page banner.... didn't that guy retire?

sidvan
11-04-2010, 08:22 PM
I see they promote the team with Martin Nash on the web page banner.... didn't that guy retire?

\part of the Residency coaching staff now

Hitcho
11-04-2010, 09:54 PM
Why are the purples so much more than the blues? Does one side get the sun in your face so you cannot see the game or something?! Because they look like mirror images from that seating chart...

That's also a complete load of crap about us selling out every game since inception. In our first season, maybe. This season, no chance. The shitecap fans are getting a number done on them there if they take that as true!

Toronto Ruffrider
11-04-2010, 10:55 PM
I thought BC Place wouldn't be ready for the start of the 2011 season. I must have missed something, because I thought the Whitecaps would have to play most of their first season at Empire Field.

Keystone FC
11-05-2010, 03:17 AM
Stadium design subject to change

Yeah, no kidding.

I don't see anything marked for a supporters section. I guess they still are working out those details.

Mojo
11-05-2010, 04:54 AM
Portland has a $99 season ticket package. Is that BONKERS?!

Shakes McQueen
11-05-2010, 05:14 AM
Portland has a $99 season ticket package. Is that BONKERS?!

We will see how long that lasts.

- Scott

james
11-05-2010, 07:36 AM
so they dont even have a supporters end which really seems to be one main factor in MLS to attract fans....makes me wonder if Vancouver will be a soccer mom type of crowd...if so poor vancouver, it will be shit place to go for soccer.

loconet
11-05-2010, 10:11 PM
Southside President speaks about prices.. http://vancouversouthsiders.blogspot.com/2010/11/southside-president-speaks-out-about.html

Roca
11-08-2010, 08:10 PM
More than $100 per seat more than our STs in 110 (even with the 18-yard line) and that doesn't account for tax, the $10 processing fee or the MLS cup game. I'd hate to see what the price of a beer is there.

ExiledRed
11-08-2010, 08:54 PM
These prices stand even though theyre playing in a temporary stadium for most of the season?

fuck me. I'm glad we were first into MLS and there was no pricing model to follow.

Brooker
11-08-2010, 09:22 PM
Southside President speaks about prices.. http://vancouversouthsiders.blogspot.com/2010/11/southside-president-speaks-out-about.html

Face it, the Southsiders are acting like the typical entitled euro-poser wannabes in Toronto.

We got a shoutout, boys! err... i means mates! :scarf:

james
11-09-2010, 08:03 AM
it really sucks how the league seemed to just slowly start to inprove and then all of a sudden MLS teams think they can Raise prices by 100%-200%. MLS isnt a big enough league to do that.

Fort York Redcoat
11-09-2010, 08:12 AM
The seating design curbs a supporters section at all. The corners are the place your SS wants to be and it will depend upon them pressuring FO to expand into the Teal seats.

The corners seem really small to me. Not much room to organize any demo.

Technorgasm
11-09-2010, 08:25 AM
Build a bonfire, build a bonfire
Put Toronto on the top
Put the Impact in the middle
And we'll burn the fucking lot

dupont
11-09-2010, 08:38 AM
We got a shoutout, boys! err... i means mates! :scarf:

haha I noticed that too. I love how people always shit on Toronto for being like Europeans/British. A lot of us are from there, you fucking idiots.

Cashcleaner
11-09-2010, 08:51 AM
^ The irony is that one of their more prominent bloggers is either English himself, or likes to talk it.

Tip-top of the day me old duckies!

canadian_bhoy
11-09-2010, 09:05 AM
To be fair - the fee to join the league for Van was a lot higher than Toronto, so the budgeting and pricing can't be the same for both.
Also - The prez of the southsiders makes Empire field sound like a sandlot sh!thole, when in fact it has just been refurbished and the BC lions have been playing there all year.

Is the price right? I don't know.

Fort York Redcoat
11-09-2010, 09:29 AM
To be fair - the fee to join the league for Van was a lot higher than Toronto, so the budgeting and pricing can't be the same for both.
Also - The prez of the southsiders makes Empire field sound like a sandlot sh!thole, when in fact it has just been refurbished and the BC lions have been playing there all year.

The pricing on average isn't as bad as how they chose to price the different sections. I don't think their high ticket customers will be complaining but the ends and corners are ridiculous.

rocker
11-09-2010, 11:34 AM

well, here's a review I read awhile back of Empire Stadium from a Lions fan:

the concourse area is still too small to hold the 27,000 spectators without a lot of bumping and pushing. Also, the in-trailer washrooms, erected in addition to the line of portable toilets, were super busy and because of that quite disgusting. ... the the poles from the grandstand covering which provide obstructed views from a very large number of seats and the very uncomfortable plastic seats themselves.

It was also my understanding that Empire Stadium cost the Whitecaps little or nothing. Neither is the renovation at BC Place... but they have a lease of course. So costs should be pretty low in that regard.

nascarguy
11-09-2010, 12:11 PM
I think the price is ok If mlse would have price TFC at the same price I would still have my season tickets.