PDA

View Full Version : Today's News,Thursday,Nov.04

denime
11-04-2010, 05:10 AM
Mornin'

What To Expect From Klinsmann (http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/11/what-expect-klinsmann)

Toronto FC hopes soccer icon Klinsmann can help right ship (http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/article/885144--toronto-fc-hopes-soccer-icon-klinsmann-can-help-right-ship)

Toronto FC hires Klinsmann as consultant (http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/story/2010/11/03/sp-klinsmann-torontofc.html)

Toronto FC hires Klinsmann as team adviser (http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2010/11/03/torontofc_klinsmann/)

SUNSHINE_ (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshinegirl/):drinking::drinking::drinking::hump:

Hitcho
11-04-2010, 05:55 AM
:yikes: YIKES!!!! That was a scary way to start the day. Sunshine Granny. *shivers*

Toronto Gunner
11-04-2010, 06:08 AM
That sunshine girl's a joke right?

1. There's no way she's 36. More like 66.
2. She may be the least attractive beast I've ever seen
3. Her make-up makes me think that this is a joke. Nobody would actually paint their face like that and think it looks good.

zamperina
11-04-2010, 06:49 AM
SSG is lying about her age...and possibly gender!

King Jeff
11-04-2010, 06:57 AM
The Klinsmann story made today's BBC Gossip column.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/9157259.stm

TOBOR !
11-04-2010, 07:00 AM
I need my blanky...

Parkdale
11-04-2010, 07:06 AM
ssg should try smiling, and stop stealing your daughters clothes.

ah well.... props to her for having the guts to do it.

scooter
11-04-2010, 07:20 AM
mornin d

please put click at your own risk on future grandma's

flatpicker
11-04-2010, 07:58 AM
ssg should try smiling, and stop stealing your daughters clothes.

ah well.... props to her for having the guts to do it.

Agreed on both counts.

I don't want to disrespect the lady, but she simply ain't SSG material.

Darlofletch
11-04-2010, 08:14 AM
Now we've got a bit more detail about Klinsmannn, it's all a bit disappointing. (http://www.cruelgeography.com/2010/11/dont-tell-him-about-rob-ford.html)

maninb
11-04-2010, 08:21 AM

NICE!!! LMAO!!

Globetrotter
11-04-2010, 08:22 AM
SUNSHINE_ (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshinegirl/)[/B][/I]:drinking::drinking::drinking::hump:

hahahahahah. the smilies say it all.

jenkinsm
11-04-2010, 08:48 AM
hahahahahah. the smilies say it all.

So do the hands...you can always tell age from the hands.

Good for her for doing it. I'm sure there's a 40+ demographic that's enjoying today's SSG. They can't all be 20...

Beach_Red
11-04-2010, 08:49 AM
Now we've got a bit more detail about Klinsmannn, it's all a bit disappointing. (http://www.cruelgeography.com/2010/11/dont-tell-him-about-rob-ford.html)

That's a good read. In all fairness to MLSE, though, the very first story that broke from Stephen Brunt was upfront about this being a deal with Soccer Solutions. Of course, Brunt didn't know how short term it was or that pretty much the entire existing front office would remain, but those things are very much in keeping with the way MLSE have done business in the past.

Bluenose13
11-04-2010, 08:58 AM
I demand a re-count.

I think they missed a decade.

Roogsy
11-04-2010, 09:02 AM
No effin' way she is 36. Not a chance.

Waggy
11-04-2010, 09:03 AM
I demand a re-count.

I think they missed a decade.

You don't want to find her hanging chad...

Darlofletch
11-04-2010, 09:26 AM
That's a good read. In all fairness to MLSE, though, the very first story that broke from Stephen Brunt was upfront about this being a deal with Soccer Solutions. Of course, Brunt didn't know how short term it was or that pretty much the entire existing front office would remain, but those things are very much in keeping with the way MLSE have done business in the past.

It's true, and if yesterday's news was the first time I'd heard anything, I'd have been excited klinsmann was involved at all.

I guess I was mainly hoping for a longer-term kind of thing, not involved in a day to day basis, but kept on the payroll as a sounding board and advisor for the new guys, one extra football person in between the gm and the board. without that, I have little confidence that anything's really going to change at all in the way the club is run.

Ossington Mental Youth
11-04-2010, 09:28 AM
I think its a bit early to be disappointed

Pigfynn
11-04-2010, 09:32 AM
^^never too early around here :facepalm:

ManUtd4ever
11-04-2010, 09:40 AM
All you need is beer goggles and today's SSG is good to go! :drinking::D

J .
11-04-2010, 10:06 AM

"I really don't see Klinsmann being able to affect much change in such a short time in an organisation that seems so determined it's already doing most things right, especially when he's likely going to be leaving behind 2 or 3 new guys surrounded by Tom, Paul, Earl, Jimmy, Nick and all the rest of the staff who've given us such profoundly mediocre results so far."

Yeah, this is nto looking good.

spark
11-04-2010, 11:22 AM
It's true, and if yesterday's news was the first time I'd heard anything, I'd have been excited klinsmann was involved at all.

I guess I was mainly hoping for a longer-term kind of thing, not involved in a day to day basis, but kept on the payroll as a sounding board and advisor for the new guys, one extra football person in between the gm and the board. without that, I have little confidence that anything's really going to change at all in the way the club is run.

Good blog post. I share your sentiments and it's mindblowing (well ... not really if we all know MLSE ...) that I'm getting the feeling this is just about hiring the right head coach. IMO this rot starts at the top and anyone worth their weight will look around after 2 months and wonder who are all these idiots running this team and realize that the FO wasn't built on finding top level, experienced individuals with long term vision for a football club, but an old-school boys club with no repercussions for failure. If they are smart (coach/gm whoever) they will see that these goofs will always have a job regardless of their ineptitude and they will be the one who will get the axe when shit hits the fan.

ManUtd4ever
11-04-2010, 11:23 AM
I don't understand the negative reaction to Klinsmann's involvement in restructuring the front office. Yes, the existing front office will remain in tact and ultimately answer to the next GM that Klinsmann hires. I suppose some supporters would prefer that the front office is completely gutted? Yes, the day to day operations could simply be suspended until every single person within the organization is replaced...:noidea:

bgnewf
11-04-2010, 11:46 AM
Anselmi said on the Fan yesterday that there have been somewhere around 45 or so expressions of interest in the TFC job(s). A man like Klinsmann will definitely be someone who has a better ability to wade through that sort of list than anyone else ever associated with this club and help the club get the hiring(s) right.

We can debate the details of his pedigree and whether this whole thing is a PR exercise or not for MLSE to bring him in.

Whatever the case I think the debate surrounding Klinsmann comes down to one thing. Is Toronto FC in a better position to choose the right people to lead this club today then they were a few days ago? I say yes they are.

Beach_Red
11-04-2010, 11:52 AM
Anselmi said on the Fan yesterday that there have been somewhere around 45 or so expressions of interest in the TFC job(s). A man like Klinsmann will definitely be someone who has a better ability to wade through that sort of list than anyone else ever associated with this club and help the club get the hiring(s) right.

We can debate the details of his pedigree and whether this whole thing is a PR exercise or not for MLSE to bring him in.

Whatever the case I think the debate surrounding Klinsmann comes down to one thing. Is Toronto FC in a better position to choose the right people to lead this club today then they were a few days ago? I say yes they are.

But it really depends on what job description the new guy gets -what's in his contract. Already he has a front office he didn't hire and can't fire, so he'll have to get along. Will that affect the 45 applicants? Have other people looked at the situation here and decided not to apply?

The big picture looks fine, but the devil is in the details, right?

Ossington Mental Youth
11-04-2010, 12:09 PM

Pretty much my sentiment.
Gotta have some faith in the process/man

Wull
11-04-2010, 12:28 PM
I don't understand the negative reaction to Klinsmann's involvement in restructuring the front office. Yes, the existing front office will remain in tact and ultimately answer to the next GM that Klinsmann hires. I suppose some supporters would prefer that the front office is completely gutted? Yes, the day to day operations could simply be suspended until every single person within the organization is replaced...:noidea:

What we want is to see the GM be able to keep and replace whoever he sees fit, at the moment it's not looking that way and that has some of us worried. What if the new coach has a different philosophy than Daso again? What if certain players again prefer Daso's strategy? Will the coach take kindly to Dichio getting sent off for (rightly) calling the referee a cheat?

Is Brennan a real necessity in the FO? Is this more to do with him being settled and not wanting to move to play for another team as it was clear Preki didn't want him and the FO had told him he would be here?

Is Earl going to be able to run an academy the way the vision adopted will be set out? Are the academy going to play the same style and formation put in place for the first team a la Barcelona? Are they going to base it on the players they have?

These are all valid concerns and could cause problems if the new person has to work around them. Or he may love all of them and this may not end up being any kind of issue at all

Ossington Mental Youth
11-04-2010, 12:40 PM
This is Klinnsman's job to sort out and i believe he will do it.

Beach_Red
11-04-2010, 01:06 PM
This is Klinnsman's job to sort out and i believe he will do it.

Is this the same kind of consulting contract Soccer Solutions had with the Galaxy? If it is, how did that go (I didn't follow MLS then so I don't know).

Whoop
11-04-2010, 01:14 PM
SSG looks WAY better in the print version.

Ossington Mental Youth
11-04-2010, 01:29 PM
No clue either way, itd definitely be interesting to find out

Hitcho
11-04-2010, 01:31 PM
SSG looks WAY better in the print version.

No clue either way, itd definitely be interesting to find out

Call the paper and ask for her number then... :D:D:D

Ossington Mental Youth
11-04-2010, 01:34 PM
HAHAHA i was referring to the question posed on the other page, i never bother with those sunshine girls (using the term girl liberally)

Whoop
11-04-2010, 01:45 PM
I think because the print version is not as clear.

If you see a copy of the newspaper you can see where she might be 36. But the computer screen doesn't lie.

rocker
11-04-2010, 02:19 PM
she also has on tonnes of makeup. look at the diff between the skin on her face and her chest.

pic 21 is like halloween all over again.. scary!

J .
11-04-2010, 02:47 PM
What we want is to see the GM be able to keep and replace whoever he sees fit, at the moment it's not looking that way and that has some of us worried. What if the new coach has a different philosophy than Daso again? What if certain players again prefer Daso's strategy? Will the coach take kindly to Dichio getting sent off for (rightly) calling the referee a cheat?

Is Brennan a real necessity in the FO? Is this more to do with him being settled and not wanting to move to play for another team as it was clear Preki didn't want him and the FO had told him he would be here?

Is Earl going to be able to run an academy the way the vision adopted will be set out? Are the academy going to play the same style and formation put in place for the first team a la Barcelona? Are they going to base it on the players they have?

These are all valid concerns and could cause problems if the new person has to work around them. Or he may love all of them and this may not end up being any kind of issue at all

+1....

ilikemusic
11-04-2010, 02:48 PM
Its mean of them to display a picture her like that to the public.

Ossington Mental Youth
11-04-2010, 03:07 PM
to the public or her?
i think we are both losers of the highest order

ManUtd4ever
11-04-2010, 03:12 PM

Regarding Daso, I stated in another thread that he should not be retained on the coaching staff as to avoid a potential clash of philosophies with the new GM/Coach. As for Brennan and Cochrane, do you think they warrant being fired at this point? I agree wholeheartedly that the new GM must be given total autonomy in restructuring the front office but I don't see why Brennan and Cochrane cannot be beneficial to the organization moving forward in a supporting role considering their familiarity with the club and the nuances of the MLS collective bargaining agreement. The former braintrust of this franchise was already removed with the dismissal of MoJo and Preki. Any further carnage at this point would be excessive and counter productive...

Wull
11-04-2010, 03:52 PM
Regarding Daso, I stated in another thread that he should not be retained on the coaching staff as to avoid a potential clash of philosophies with the new GM/Coach. As for Brennan and Cochrane, do you think they warrant being fired at this point? I agree wholeheartedly that the new GM must be given total autonomy in restructuring the front office but I don't see why Brennan and Cochrane cannot be beneficial to the organization moving forward in a supporting role considering their familiarity with the club and the nuances of the MLS collective bargaining agreement. The former braintrust of this franchise was already removed with the dismissal of MoJo and Preki. Any further carnage at this point would be excessive and counter productive...

I'm not going to say any of them should stay or be fired, what I'm saying is I want the GM and/or coach to be able to decide that rather than being told they're to be kept.

v00d00daddy
11-04-2010, 04:11 PM
I'm not going to say any of them should stay or be fired, what I'm saying is I want the GM and/or coach to be able to decide that rather than being told they're to be kept.

I agree wholeheartedly except that I'll add that the only way to guarantee that the new GM will get to do what he decides is by firing the present staff. That's why I'm all for it.

It's not as if we'd be firing some great footballing minds. They're people learning the trade. Do we really need that at this time with this franchise?

People talk about them learning the job (ie: Anselmi) which is all nice and good when you have a stable club that's seen some success. That's when it makes sense to groom a former player into a management type.

Not now...when the team's been brutal since it started. This club needs to hit the ground running...not concern themselves with teaching people how to be coaches and GM's. That's what the USL/CSL is for.

We have pupils before we have teachers with no guarantee that the pupils won't cause shit once the teacher arrives.

Ship em out. I don't care how nice, or classy they are.

gtaguy
11-04-2010, 06:37 PM
I agree wholeheartedly except that I'll add that the only way to guarantee that the new GM will get to do what he decides is by firing the present staff. That's why I'm all for it.

It's not as if we'd be firing some great footballing minds. They're people learning the trade. Do we really need that at this time with this franchise?

People talk about them learning the job (ie: Anselmi) which is all nice and good when you have a stable club that's seen some success. That's when it makes sense to groom a former player into a management type.

Not now...when the team's been brutal since it started. This club needs to hit the ground running...not concern themselves with teaching people how to be coaches and GM's. That's what the USL/CSL is for.

We have pupils before we have teachers with no guarantee that the pupils won't cause shit once the teacher arrives.

Ship em out. I don't care how nice, or classy they are.

Hell yeah .. house cleaning starts from the top.. I don't want to feel like were a club in the making and the next step for us is a reality tv show . Anselmi as much as he wants to retain certain people and show them the way. the true reality of it is you hired a true professional to give you real ideas and if so be it that you have to fire people for the better of the club then get on with it.. Or is this Anselmi's way of appeasing the fanbase to show that he really cares but yet never wants to lose control of this club becuase they are all YES MEN

ag futbol
11-04-2010, 08:35 PM
I'm down for whatever the new guy wants. If that means telling Brennan, Daso, Cocherane, and Danny (ok maybe not Danny) to take an early retirement package, I'm all for it. But if they keep them around in some capacity I wouldn't be disheartened, unless i particularly got the feeling he was being forced into it.

SSG:Oh dear god