PDA

View Full Version : Is there a roll for Paul James at TFC

Sullivan
10-30-2010, 01:44 PM
Crazy shit in some emails,

Paul James given leave from the Globe, and I'm gratefull for this, was his last article Oct 3? Is it possible for him to even think he's even in the mix?

Personally there is no room for the git of merlion in football.

TFC07
10-30-2010, 01:46 PM
I hope not. He should stick to coaching his uni team.

rocker
10-30-2010, 01:48 PM
he'd put on a great halftime show!

vN2bGZeHVOM

J .
10-30-2010, 02:31 PM
I'd take him in a capacity to help scout talent in Canada, but not in a coaching/managerial capacity.

ilikemusic
10-30-2010, 04:28 PM
Well considering how long the gravy boats are taking I dont think there is any reason to expect a roll for Paul James, or anyone for that matter.

http://www.dianasbakery.com/img%5Cgallery%5Crolls%5Croll_plain3.jpg

nfitz
10-30-2010, 05:38 PM
Oh dear, what did he do this time?

The guy is poison ... TFC already "failed to renew his contract" after they bought Gol TV.

I can't imagine they have any desire to work with him again. Particularly after his recent piece in the Globe that falsified the Manchester United ticket prices, making them look cheaper than Toronto.

ag futbol
10-30-2010, 06:01 PM
I hope not. He should stick to coaching his uni team.
+ 1

Anyone we bring in should be about raising the bar. I don't see how James does that.

Heart of Stone
10-30-2010, 08:25 PM
He was one of the first to say that DeGuzman wasn't working out and that TFC should have cut their losses and got rid of him even if it cost them money to do so...

Beach_Red
10-30-2010, 08:46 PM
He also wrote about how thin the front office was, exactly what this deal with Soccer Solutions looks designed to fix.

andyc
10-30-2010, 09:20 PM
He has a major chip on his shoulder about Canadian players (at least the current generation) attitude. While he may be right, he seems to have lost all objectivity to be able to work with a number of key players in our squad...

So no thanks - Let's keep him throwing stones from the press box!

Roogsy
10-30-2010, 09:39 PM
No thanks

Hitcho
10-30-2010, 11:12 PM
Not sure who this guy is, but since the club seems to be in the process of upgrading everything, can they please send Asif Hossain back to the job centre and hire an experienced, qualified journalist to write about TFC instead? I can't stand any of the drivel that AH spews out. Nothing against the guy, he just doesn't have a clue how to write.

Mikey
10-31-2010, 08:30 AM
Not sure who this guy is, but since the club seems to be in the process of upgrading everything, can they please send Asif Hossain back to the job centre and hire an experienced, qualified journalist to write about TFC instead? I can't stand any of the drivel that AH spews out. Nothing against the guy, he just doesn't have a clue how to write.

Personally I thought his blog article last season on how anyone complaining about how shit TFC are, were not "real" supporters basically cleared up any dispute about him being a ML$E muppet or not.
Stop Wasting the internetz ML$E!

Back to Paul James.... I would be gobsmacked if he had any form of a role with TFC given some of the articles along the lines of the emperor having no clothes that he has written.

Shakes McQueen
10-31-2010, 09:17 AM
Well considering how long the gravy boats are taking I dont think there is any reason to expect a roll for Paul James, or anyone for that matter.

http://www.dianasbakery.com/img%5Cgallery%5Crolls%5Croll_plain3.jpg

I know, right? I made a simple request, nearly two years ago now, for gravy boats.

And once again: All I know is that I have loads of gravy here, and no boats to speak of. MLSE keep trying to buy my loyalty with cheap paper Dixie gravy cups, knowing full well that I, as a supporter, demand a bonafide ceramic boat.

With a lid. I imagine a saucer to go with it is probably too much to expect from the bean counters.

- Scott

ensco
10-31-2010, 09:24 AM
He also wrote about how thin the front office was, exactly what this deal with Soccer Solutions looks designed to fix.

Be careful here.

This Klinsmann thing, who knows what it really is or how long it lasts?

Plus with MLSE business people dictating that Cochrane et al are staying.....this is pretty far from the triumvirate running the Whitecaps that James held up as a model.

ag futbol
10-31-2010, 10:33 AM
He was one of the first to say that DeGuzman wasn't working out and that TFC should have cut their losses and got rid of him even if it cost them money to do so...
um.... yeah but my question about articles like that from James is, did that have anything to do with astute observations or was it just an opportunity to get revenge? I tend to think it's number two. Remember he wrote the same crap about Serioux, Dero, Gerba ... that one note is getting a little tired.

He reminds me of Dale Mitchell part II every time he opens his mouth. Strikes me as having zero people skills and a vastly outdated idea of the game.

I want him as far away from TFC as possible.

CretanBull
10-31-2010, 10:43 AM
He's too cranky...who'd want to work with him?

Beach_Red
10-31-2010, 11:27 AM
Be careful here.

Plus with MLSE business people dictating that Cochrane et al are staying.....this is pretty far from the triumvirate running the Whitecaps that James held up as a model.

Yes, you're right. It would be very interesting to see the terms of the contract. I guess they'll announce the length, at least.

Soccer Solutions still list the Galaxy as clients, any idea if they still are?

Pachuco
10-31-2010, 01:35 PM
Paul James? haha, if I see him at BMO field I'd probably throw beer at him. Garreth Wheeler would make a better MLSE employee then Paul James.

hrvat87
10-31-2010, 10:59 PM
he cant even coach York University,nevermind coach TFC or even have a job with TFC

Brooker
10-31-2010, 11:05 PM
Paul James? haha, if I see him at BMO field I'd probably throw beer at him. Garreth Wheeler would make a better MLSE employee then Paul James.

I dunno. Have you seen the outfits he wears to the games? Walking towards king street I mistook him for a woman at first glance. Guy is a massive douche.

boomcha
11-01-2010, 11:50 AM
The only position he should have at TFC is assistant to the assistant of junior intern janitor.

No thanks!

P-NUTZ
11-01-2010, 12:05 PM
lets hope the process takes its time - as much time and $ to get the best possible people/system for managing the club. No band aids anymore - and no "local heroes" or such nonsense.

spark
11-01-2010, 01:38 PM
he cant even coach York University,nevermind coach TFC or even have a job with TFC

Hmm didn't he win a national title with York? And made it to the nationals in his last season?

James would likely not fit in with TFC because he would probably clean house, not with all the players but in management.

People might not like the way he says things, or continued to hammer them this season, but there are many things he doesn't give a sh*t with regards to politics and tells it like it is. Case in point, De Guzman who he believes is all hype and that was pretty hard to argue with after this season.

Wull
11-01-2010, 01:48 PM

Give him a 1 day contract as the GM!! :D

ag futbol
11-01-2010, 01:49 PM
Hmm didn't he win a national title with York? And made it to the nationals in his last season?

James would likely not fit in with TFC because he would probably clean house, not with all the players but in management.

People might not like the way he says things, or continued to hammer them this season, but there are many things he doesn't give a sh*t with regards to politics and tells it like it is. Case in point, De Guzman who he believes is all hype and that was pretty hard to argue with after this season.
York just naturally draws talent from the GTA and if CIS soccer is the standard we're going to hold ourselves to here, we could just as easily be talking about Barry Maclean for the TFC staff.

As for James "not caring about politics":have you ever seen the guy write a critical column about the CSA? or Dale Mitchell for that matter? When James was on the score he used to do mental backflips to avoid the slightest bit of criticism towards things that were obviously flawed with the association and DM. Steven Hart has received about 10x the criticism from Paul James and he's a much better coach.

This is the person who personifies everything that is wrong with Canadian soccer. Don't kid yourself, he has a very obvious agenda.

loyola
11-01-2010, 03:20 PM
As for James "not caring about politics":have you ever seen the guy write a critical column about the CSA?

Agree about Mitchell (he was too soft on him) but James has written some critical stuff about the CSA head coach search resulting in the hiring of someone with less experience than Dale Mitchell. He also wrote an article suggesting the CSA should've done in 2008 a similar exercise to what thee FFF did after the WC debacle with the french players.

I think PJ is far from drinking the CSA kool aid. He might be protecting some friends but he has also written some solid article.

Is he still writting for the Globe?

Villa TFC
11-01-2010, 03:58 PM
Is he still writting for the Globe?

He resigned a few weeks ago.

Like most soccer commentators, I may not agree with everything he says, but unlike most soccer commentators he really knows a lot about soccer in Canada - and I don't just mean what's gone on since TFC arrived on the scene. He has been extremely critical of both the CSA and TFC/MLSE when they deserved it, but amongst the first to applaud them when they did something right. The thing about him is that unlike most others, he really doesn't care what people think (like his comments on JDG which were later largely proven to be correct) and that's how it should be as a commentator or analyst. Unfortunately, there are very few soccer journalists out there now who are willing to ask the tough questions or say what they really mean perhaps because they're worried that they'll be crossed off the MLSE Christmas card list.

ExiledRed
11-01-2010, 04:39 PM
Be careful here.

To me it looks like a smokescreen to hide the fact that an inexperienced coach is going to get the job again.

It's OK. Klinsmann's advising him! relax.

An experienced coach with a proven track record shouldnt need Klinsmann's input.

TOBOR !
11-01-2010, 08:08 PM
Juergen already has a roll picked out for PJ... He'll be 'The Kaiser'. Eh ? Eh ? Geddit ?

sidney
11-04-2010, 01:04 PM
all PJ could ever do was run marathons, not play football