PDA

View Full Version : Dunivant Has a Broken Ankle....

ensco
06-27-2008, 07:33 AM
....as reported in the news section

http://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/450095

Tough break

So who is the sub on the wing for Ricketts or Robert?

I think it'll be James, and Brennan moves up

ACSertL
06-27-2008, 07:35 AM
They could use Jarrod Smith out on the wing as well.

Shaughno
06-27-2008, 07:36 AM
Really? Fuck, that's no good. I would think James and/or Marshall/Tebily depending on who starts and then yeah, Brennan push up into mid. Remember we still have Smith who IMO plays better on the wing than up front. I would expect Smith to come on for Ricketts and Brennan to push up if Robert goes off.

ensco
06-27-2008, 07:36 AM
They could use Jarrod Smith out on the wing as well.

Of course. I keep thinking he's in for Cunny. Just wishful thinking, I guess.

woolly
06-27-2008, 07:58 AM
I'm thinking it's time for Gala to come off the bench. He's been solid for us in the past.

ACSertL
06-27-2008, 08:09 AM
Of course. I keep thinking he's in for Cunny. Just wishful thinking, I guess.

I hear ya about Cunningham but I liked Smith better on the wing anyways. Carver seems to be running Cunningham until a new striker is in the mix.

JonO
06-27-2008, 08:12 AM
I'm thinking it's time for Gala to come off the bench. He's been solid for us in the past.
Agreed - would like to see him get some time. Hopefully he's showing the coaches what he can do...

Shaughno
06-27-2008, 08:15 AM
That's what I'm wondering about the kids who got time last year. Gala, Melo, Hemming, etc. Either they aren't impressing or Carver just doesn't think they have enough of what it takes to break that barrier.

ACSertL
06-27-2008, 08:17 AM
Hmm...is Rosenlund able to play on the wing, or is he more of a defensive/holding mid?

tfc_4_ever
06-27-2008, 08:20 AM
I would like Gala personally. Last year he showed pieces of brillliance on the wings at the end of the seson.

Shaughno
06-27-2008, 08:41 AM
Hmm...is Rosenlund able to play on the wing, or is he more of a defensive/holding mid?

I think he's a DM yeah. As for others to pick up that position...

Gala
Hemming
Brennan
Melo (more of a CM though)
Roselund (more of a CM/DM i think)
Smith
Lombardo (from the first game he played last year he played wide and he was quite effective)

So we have some options from the kiddo's that are coming up, but we don't have a 'great' option as backup.

But I'm looking through the roster and I see...

36Kilian Elkinson (http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/players/bio.jsp?team=t280&player=elkinson_k&playerId=elk315464&statType=current)M1990-04-02BermudaD0

Who is this kid?

koryo
06-27-2008, 08:58 AM
Hasn't Hemming left the club?

Or should I stop chasing the dragon?

Bombonera
06-27-2008, 08:59 AM
I hear ya about Cunningham but I liked Smith better on the wing anyways. Carver seems to be running Cunningham until a new striker is in the mix.
SMith showed some energy and was in the right place at the right time earier in the season, but he has been somewhat brutal lately.

Azerban
06-27-2008, 09:10 AM

He's back. When we bumped Smith up to senior dev, Hemming got his old spot.

Pachuco
06-27-2008, 09:11 AM

Hemming resigned with TFC!

ACSertL
06-27-2008, 09:12 AM
SMith showed some energy and was in the right place at the right time earier in the season, but he has been somewhat brutal lately.

True, but he was at his best on the wing...something about just putting his head down and running his ass off really impressed me. Too bad his finishing isn't the best.

So I guess the logical pick for a wingman substitute would be Gala or Hemming, if we want Smith to play up front?

JonO
06-27-2008, 09:20 AM
But I'm looking through the roster and I see...

36Kilian Elkinson (http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/players/bio.jsp?team=t280&player=elkinson_k&playerId=elk315464&statType=current)M1990-04-02BermudaD0

Who is this kid?
It was discussed a little while back - I think he played at UCC... not sure if there was ever much more information than that, but I'm old so my memory ain't so good ;)

Shaughno
06-27-2008, 09:30 AM
^^ Man.. must have missed that one completely. :lol:

rocker
06-27-2008, 09:35 AM
^^ Man.. must have missed that one completely. :lol:

haha.. it's like koryo not knowing that Hemming came back.. you guys musta fallen asleep for a few days!! ;)

Elkinson's dad is a big time lawyer in Bermuda.. no wonder Killian was sent to Upper Canada College!

Northern Soul
06-27-2008, 10:36 AM
....as reported in the news section

http://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/450095

Tough break

So who is the sub on the wing for Ricketts or Robert?

I think it'll be James, and Brennan moves up

C'mon Dunivant....suck it up! It's only a break! :p

Shaughno
06-27-2008, 10:40 AM
Stress fracture actually. ;)

koryo
06-27-2008, 10:41 AM
haha.. it's like koryo not knowing that Hemming came back.. you guys musta fallen asleep for a few days!! ;)

Thanks for setting me straight.

Honestly. Part-timers. We're terrible aren't we :)

Back to sleep I go.

Rawkus_420
06-27-2008, 10:42 AM
we will see guys who are given a chance to step it up, Im sure carver will be holding "auditions" for such a role to be filled.

Ossington Mental Youth
06-27-2008, 10:46 AM
I think he's a DM yeah. As for others to pick up that position...

Gala
Hemming
Brennan
Melo (more of a CM though)
Roselund (more of a CM/DM i think)
Smith
Lombardo (from the first game he played last year he played wide and he was quite effective)

Why is it that i always thought Rosenlund was an AM judging by bits and pieces read...

Shaughno
06-27-2008, 10:54 AM
Why is it that i always thought Rosenlund was an AM judging by bits and pieces read...

Could be, for some reason I thought he was a CM/DM

AL-MO
06-27-2008, 10:57 AM
I would like Gala personally. Last year he showed pieces of brillliance on the wings at the end of the seson.

I know what you are getting at, but I think you are using the wrong word. :)

Shaughno
06-27-2008, 10:58 AM
^^ Agreed, he looked good at points... but I wouldn't dare say there was brilliance. :lol:

jloome
06-27-2008, 11:47 AM
The problem with the young guys is they have the technical ability but not the knowledge of the game's movement. If you go back and look at some of Hemming's performances, he was very solid when he was in position to fulfill his role and whip in a cross or two, but his movement off the ball and in relation to the rest of the play was non-existent. I think that's more taught than learned, so I imagine Carver doesn't think they're ready yet.

Shaughno
06-27-2008, 11:55 AM
The problem with the young guys is they have the technical ability but not the knowledge of the game's movement. If you go back and look at some of Hemming's performances, he was very solid when he was in position to fulfill his role and whip in a cross or two, but his movement off the ball and in relation to the rest of the play was non-existent. I think that's more taught than learned, so I imagine Carver doesn't think they're ready yet.

Very good point that I brought up when everyone was crying about Hemming getting let go. They have the ability on the ball, but their lack of experience and knowledge of the game and league make it much harder to just drop them into the first team and expect the best. Off the ball movement is a MASSIVE part of a midfielder's game. One aspect that Welsh was fantastic at, not so much at the rest. The ability to create space when there is none, to draw defenders when you need to create space for someone else. The little things that the general sports fan most likely won't see or care about.

Bobo
06-27-2008, 03:05 PM
Flesh wound, flesh wound.

James17930
06-27-2008, 09:16 PM
But the fact he's been playing on it while Brennan was away just shows how awesome Duni is.

He's the most important guy off the bench, bar none. A fantastic asset for us. Hopefully he recovers soon and is noon the worse for wear.