PDA

View Full Version : Martin Vasquez fired from Chivas

ag futbol
10-27-2010, 09:52 PM
http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2010/10/vasquez-ousted-as-chivas-usa-head-coach-after-one-season.html#more

New Chivas USA coach: Preki? :facepalm:

Sounds like they are leaning towards Steve Sampson in the article.

Some guy also mentions some interesting names in the comments, including Miguel Herrera and Hugo Sanchez. I didn't realize Sanchez's track record was so good. Admittedly his run with the el Tri wasn't very good, but his club stints have been pretty classy.

mastermixer
10-28-2010, 08:01 AM
Sounds like they are having similar struggles finding good mgmt and coaching as we are... most likely with a fraction of the media and fan attention.

Darlofletch
10-28-2010, 09:10 AM
Chivas fans will be happy. the one (huge sample size I know)I was talking to at the game wanted him gone. I think the final straw was when he went with a really defensive line up and lost against LA. They even busted out "we're not gonna take it anymore" briefly.

Sullivan
10-29-2010, 08:14 PM
Vasquez is tight with Klinnsmann.
Klinsi opened the Chivas door; was his assistant at Bayern; also part of the 2004 Klinsi / Galaxy experiment.

just sayin'

UltraSuperMegaMo
10-29-2010, 08:33 PM
^ That occurred to me too. But there's no way TFC will hire someone with Vasquez's recent record. Not after this year.

ag futbol
10-29-2010, 08:42 PM
^ This one too ? and he did Ruud Gullit in LA?

What kind of consulting service is Klinnsmann running here?

UltraSuperMegaMo
10-29-2010, 08:45 PM
I though Gullit in LA was the work of Beckham's people?

rocker
10-29-2010, 09:04 PM
I though Gullit in LA was the work of Beckham's people?

you are correct. Gullit had nothing to do with Klinsmann. In "the Beckham Experiment", it was noted that there was an assistant of Becks who ruled the show and recommended Gullit.

UltraSuperMegaMo
10-29-2010, 09:37 PM
On the slight dampening of enthusiasms note, does anyone know what Klinnsmann did with the LA Galaxy or what Soccer Solutions even does? Their website's less than wowing.

denime
10-29-2010, 09:45 PM
He worked with LA Galaxy with Sigi Shmid when Galaxy won MLS Cup.

http://www.soccersolutions.com/images/la_galaxy.pdf

JÜRGEN KLINSMANN TO ADVISE LOS ANGELES GALAXY
CARSON, CA (Thursday, February 12, 2004) - The Los Angeles Galaxy and SoccerSolutions, a sports marketing consultancy, have today announced that former FIFA World Cup champion, German national team captain and world-renowned goal scorer, Jürgen Klinsmann, who played with such top professional soccer clubs as Bayern Munich (Germany), Inter Milan (Italy), Monaco (France), and Tottenham Hotspur (England), will provide technical advice to the coaching staff and players of the Galaxy.

Sullivan
10-29-2010, 10:03 PM
you are correct. Gullit had nothing to do with Klinsmann. In "the Beckham Experiment", it was noted that there was an assistant of Becks who ruled the show and recommended Gullit.

Terry Byrne was front and centre on Gullit's hire; he's one of Beck's boys. Byrne is now with the Cosmos group as Director of Football.
http://www.nycosmos.com/about/ And that ownership clause in Beck's MLS contract, let the speculation begin... oh yeah, Byrne was one of England's massage therapists, Beck's was one of his player's.

hrvat87
10-31-2010, 05:12 PM
i wouldnt be surprised if JK brings him to TFC

Ossington Mental Youth
10-31-2010, 09:15 PM
dont think MLSE will want to sign a coach that did poorly and was recently fired

hrvat87
10-31-2010, 10:24 PM
i wouldnt be surprised if they did...it's TFC....all they care and look at is the $$$$$ sign....

I'd personallly would give Daso a chance...he only took over the team for 6 weeks....and they played much better soccer...and he didnt have the players he wanted

Ossington Mental Youth
11-01-2010, 06:31 AM
If all they care about is money why are they going to spend so much on Klinnsman (and presumably more after hes made his consultations?)

Shakes McQueen
11-01-2010, 06:53 AM
Exactly. They wouldn't spend money bringing in Klinsmann, then inexplicably sign a coach with a limited, poor record on the cheap. Not after everything that has happened.

- Scott

rocker
11-01-2010, 07:43 AM
Who's the GM at Chivas? I would think if they unsatisfied with Preki and Vasquez, they need to start looking above to the GM and fix a problem up there.