PDA

View Full Version : I have decided to RENEW my season tickets.....Here's why

Bluenose13
10-25-2010, 01:42 PM
I have waited far too long to have my own team in my own city.

I have enjoyed every home game that I have attended since year one.

I still look forward to making the trip to BMO & standing in my spot & singing for my team.

I enjoy the greasy breakfast the next day to help with my TFC hangover.

I enjoy the people at Joes before & after the matches & look forward to seeing them.

It's fun!

Nodoubtguy
10-25-2010, 01:46 PM
I've renewed because I still find the value in my tickets.

I've renewed because I like having MY TEAM

I've renewed because a TFC gameday is more then a 90 minute match

I've renewed because I can't walk away from my team after 4 years of bad performances

H Bomb
10-25-2010, 01:48 PM
Because its my team, not theirs

Because I love 115, and the people there...even if they throw peanuts at me sometimes

Because I love football

Roogsy
10-25-2010, 01:50 PM
even if they throw peanuts at me sometimes

Shit, I need to get tickets in 115! :D

Phil
10-25-2010, 01:51 PM
Because I like throwing peanuts at the muppet in 115.

Nodoubtguy
10-25-2010, 01:52 PM
Because its my team, not their

Because I love 115, and the people there...even if they throw peanuts at me sometimes

Because I love football

+1!!!!

ilikemusic
10-25-2010, 01:54 PM
Its sad that none of the reasons listed so far have to do with actually enjoying the football.

Ageroo
10-25-2010, 01:54 PM
+1!!!!

+2 :D

Bluenose13
10-25-2010, 01:56 PM
Because its my team, not their

Because I love football

Its sad that none of the reasons listed so far have to do with actually enjoying the football.You seem to have lost your way young grasshopper, this thread will be more to your taste........

http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=25153

Parkdale
10-25-2010, 01:57 PM
because one day, this team will get better, and I am going to be there to see it.

Parkdale
10-25-2010, 01:58 PM
Its sad that none of the reasons listed so far have to do with actually enjoying the football.

the negative thread is thataway

:)

james
10-25-2010, 02:00 PM
because one day, this team will get better, and I am going to be there to see it.

no you wont, youll be long dead by the time that year comes!

:D

Oldtimer
10-25-2010, 02:01 PM
I'm renewing because...

I'm in the south end. Good luck ever getting a season ticket there unless you're already in.
I love football, and am glad to have it in this city in a reasonably decent league.
I don't buy tickets from scalpers.
The team will turn around, and everyone who is in will look like a genius for hanging in there.
My kids like going to the games.
I make friends by selling individual tickets.
It's still the best sporting experience in the city.

Nodoubtguy
I've renewed because I still find the value in my tickets.

Pretty sure I was talking about football....but I could be mistaken

Parkdale
no you wont, youll be long dead by the time that year comes!

:D

the negative thread is thataway

:)

haw haw

jabbronies
10-25-2010, 02:03 PM
- I renewed because I enjoy game days with the crew in 110
- I renewed because I believe in giving people a second chance and I think this is considered MLSE second chance at getting the management side of things right.

This sounds like a fucking ad waiting to happen....anyways i digress.

Fort York Redcoat
10-25-2010, 02:08 PM
My team. Mine. Ta.

Ossington Mental Youth
10-25-2010, 02:09 PM
all of the above

Jeffro
10-25-2010, 02:17 PM
I'm renewing because...

I'm in the south end. Good luck ever getting a season ticket there unless you're already in.
I love football, and am glad to have it in this city in a reasonably decent league.
I don't buy tickets from scalpers.
The team will turn around, and everyone who is in will look like a genius for hanging in there.
My kids like going to the games.
I make friends by selling individual tickets.
It's still the best sporting experience in the city.

The FO has realised what is happening to the demand, and anybody who thinks they're going to sit there and allow the stadium to be half empty next season is foolish. For the people expecting to pick up discounted tickets all over the place next year, you may be disappointed. The club will not let the demand die. If they have to splash some cash to get the buzz back, they will.

Carts
10-25-2010, 02:20 PM
I have decided to RENEW my season tickets (already done it).....Here's why

1. I love this club. Maybe I'm a "Toronto sucker" but so be it...

2. I love the sport, and love watching it live...

3. I have a great time at BMO, and look forward to the home games, the pub before, and Shoeless after...

4. I have a pair of seasons tickets, in Toronto, excellent seats, that covers spring-summer-fall for $2000 a year. People may hate me for this - but in this city I'm happy with that...

5. TFC will get better, and when they do I will be there to see them...

6. The RPB's. I moved to the city not knowing too many people - now I know hundreds and have several close friends thanks to this group & team...

7. I could go on forever - so I'll stop with "plus a bunch more reasons"...

Carts

Section 117
10-25-2010, 02:28 PM
I have renewed.

We decided originally to give them 5 years of undying support so lets see what they
do next year.
This is my club - I am more attached to this more than any other Toronto team.
I like the game day experience from pre to post.
I sit in the southend and I think there is value as what else can I do for $20 in this city.
We will get better as I know we have hit rock bottom ths year.

TFC Till I Die

Parkdale
10-25-2010, 02:30 PM
I sit in the southend and I think there is value as what else can I do for $20 in this city.

go see a 2D movie, with a small popcorn. Other than that.... not much.

scooter
10-25-2010, 02:31 PM
i caved and renewed too

for all the reasons above in various ways

it just great to be around fellow football supporters with common interests

and i have made a lot of new freinds who i would miss

H Bomb
10-25-2010, 02:38 PM

Shit, I need to get tickets in 115! :D

Because I like throwing peanuts at the muppet in 115.

wait....maybe i dont love 115 ;)

jabbronies
10-25-2010, 02:40 PM

There's lots you can do with $20 - you don't have to be creative either.

JonO
10-25-2010, 02:41 PM
There's lots you can do with $20
Especially in Parkdale....

ensco
Gonna be very interesting this time next year. Odds are not high that the team will be any good next year.

Face it, we're an expansion team again, only now we're one with a horrible reputation in the marketplace for soccer talent.

Pachuco
I renewed because I may get to see Beckham at BMO field next year. Keeping fingers crossed.

fetajr
10-25-2010, 02:42 PM
I renewed because the women at TFC games are hotter than the ones at Raptors and Leafs

Suds
10-25-2010, 02:49 PM
I renewed a single for this season. The extra tickets my friend and I shared with have dropped. I did not see any value in keeping the extra seats as extras are easy to come by now.

The main reason I renewed is I still get value for the single I pay for. (marginal as it may be). I love the game of football and I'm thrilled we have a team in our city.

Game day, RPB, tailgates, getting cut off at the Brazen Head :drinking::D, road trips, banners, giving Hartman & Hesmer a constant berating until I can't speak, occasionally sneaking into my friends corporate box, Shoeless, etc. The list goes on.

If we only had a winning team and an ownership that had their act together I say it would be just about perfect for me ... oh, that and a roof!

Dave67
10-25-2010, 03:00 PM
I renewed a single for this season.
The extra tickets my friend and I shared with have dropped.

You need to create a new thread for the I renewed & did not renew at the same time people.

billyfly
10-25-2010, 03:04 PM
I renewed because that's the way I roll.

Parkdale
10-25-2010, 03:08 PM
There's lots you can do with $20 - you don't have to be creative either.

oh totally, there's tons of stuff you can do for almost no money at all....
but as far as 'ticketed events' go in Toronto, $20 is cheap.

Oldtimer
10-25-2010, 03:17 PM
You need to create a new thread for the I renewed & did not renew at the same time people.

Maybe they should post in the RENEW and DID NOT RENEW threads at the same time! :D

JonO
10-25-2010, 03:23 PM
I fall into this as well. I have a single in 112 for me and 2 in 108 for when I come with family/friends/clients. It worked in seasons 1 and 2 because I could sell seats in 108 that I couldn't attend.

Last 2 seasons have been impossible to sell (even give away) the 108's so I decided to share with a friend of mine who also had a pair in 108. Our 4 is now 2.

Roogsy
10-25-2010, 03:25 PM

A single lapdance?

Roogsy
10-25-2010, 03:26 PM
I renewed because I may get to see Beckham at BMO field next year. Keeping fingers crossed.

:lol:

reggie
10-25-2010, 03:26 PM
I renewed because the women at TFC games are hotter than the ones at Raptors and Leafs

yesss...love those hot summer games...:yum:

Globetrotter
10-25-2010, 03:35 PM
I renewed right away in september. i didn't win any of those early bird draws though. meh.

ManUtd4ever
10-25-2010, 03:49 PM

My sentiments exactly...

prizby
10-25-2010, 04:11 PM
i got a real good reason ...

i renewed cuz i was told i could get scotts girls number :p

Heathen
10-25-2010, 04:14 PM

You have to admit that's impressive aim from where I am

Yeoman
10-25-2010, 04:46 PM

not to be a jerk here, just sayin here is all
but what about the CSL? I mean you could have very well.
or the lynx
i find this just hard to believe.
not sayin, just sayin

flatpicker
10-25-2010, 04:59 PM
I renewed simply because I am not ready to give up my tix.
I was on the verge, but after seeing TFC bend a bit for the fans, I am willing to give them more time to get it right.

Hitcho
10-25-2010, 05:32 PM
Holy shit, this thread sounds like a support meeting for addicts... :D

"I'm _______, and I've been using season tickets for four years. I've thought about giving them up but I just can't, here's why..."

I renewed because despite all the ML$E bullshit, forever we'll love you so, through all of the highs and lows... :scarf::scarf::scarf:

Bluenose13
10-25-2010, 05:48 PM
or the lynx
not sayin, just sayinEat a dead mans dick!

not sayin, just sayin :smilewinkgrin:

Oldtimer
10-25-2010, 05:49 PM
or the lynx
not sayin, just sayin

The CSL and the Lynx lack credibility.

I followed the Lynx back in the day, went to games once in a while. Guess how often you would read about the team in the paper?

flatpicker
10-25-2010, 05:51 PM
Holy shit, this thread sounds like a support meeting for addicts... :D

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k139/brushstroke-man/hello.jpg

Yeoman
10-25-2010, 05:56 PM
Eat a dead mans dick!

not sayin, just sayin :smilewinkgrin:

ouch, well played

The CSL and the Lynx lack credibility.

I followed the Lynx back in the day, went to games once in a while. Guess how often you would read about the team in the paper?

i would put money that any team in the csl, can and will give tfc a run for theirs any day of the week, and twice on sunday.
just the north american attitude of it ain't the top, they don't care.

Torontotonto
10-25-2010, 06:47 PM
I renewed because,

1. Mo's gone.
2. Love soccer.
3. Gameday's are always great, win or loose.
4. Took out the Concacaf games out of package.
5. Meet great supporters.
6. As stated in a earlier post the season covers spring/summer/fall.
7. Don't think MLSE will make the same mistakes over again (think green).

Looking forward to brighter days ahead...I hope
Come on you REDS in 2011

:scarf::flare::drum::flare::scarf:

Redboy11
10-25-2010, 07:10 PM
I renewed my season ticket this year because,

If I didn't who would Bluenose stand with?

Workie
10-25-2010, 07:28 PM
or the lynx
not sayin, just sayin

Ok we get it you love flares!

You have a team that lets you.
Go play with them we ain't stopping ya.

:deadhorse:

TFC Cityboy
10-25-2010, 08:20 PM
My kids would have bloody killed me if I hadn't renewed.
Always said I'd support a team in TO if we got one and despite ownership's ability to bollocks it up, loyalty is my middle name

Derko
10-25-2010, 08:20 PM

You and I have had our banter on style tactics and players. That's part of it, but I just enjoy football, when it comes down to it, even with TFC's poor performances over 4 years, there has been sparks of brilliance and after all it is 'The Beautiful Game'

I do actually enjoy the Football

:scarf: :drinking:

Derko
10-25-2010, 08:22 PM
or the lynx
not sayin, just sayin

Hey Man, My Dad and I had season's for the Blizzard

Wull
10-25-2010, 08:54 PM
I'm a masochist! I saw my hometown team die before my very eyes so this is nothing compared to that, I also love the city more than anything and the sport teams go hand in hand with that

Bars92
I am renewing because... oh wait I'll be buying tickets from craigslist at marked up prices! Oh well, well worth it. There is no other team in Toronto I would pay money to go to.

Wull
Always said I'd support a team in TO if we got one and despite ownership's ability to bollocks it up, loyalty is my middle name

Also, I don't like strangers standing behind me!

rocker
10-25-2010, 10:06 PM
I renewed my two dark greys on Oct 7.. paid in full.

I can't imagine NOT being there. And I know when we finally win something big it'll be all the more sweeter due to the suffering.

Plus, what would I do with the $2300 anyways? Hookers and blow? oh wait...

superstar1976
10-25-2010, 10:23 PM
These are all good reasons. However you could do all those things except maybe getting the same spot everytime, without committing your hard earned money well in advance for every game, especially if you feel there are many things about the organization that are letting you down. At least thats how I feel.

Still will be a fan, and go when its convenient........and likely pay much less than face value.

I have enjoyed every home game that I have attended since year one.

I still look forward to making the trip to BMO & standing in my spot & singing for my team.

I enjoy the greasy breakfast the next day to help with my TFC hangover.

I enjoy the people at Joes before & after the matches & look forward to seeing them.

It's fun!

Bluenose13
10-25-2010, 10:26 PM
These are all good reasons. However you could do all those things except maybe getting the same spot everytime, without committing your hard earned money well in advance for every game, especially if you feel there are many things about the organization that are letting you down. At least thats how I feel.

Still will be a fan, and go when its convenient........and likely pay much less than face value.You are right but I like my spot too much :D

Joe Kool
10-25-2010, 10:36 PM
I renewed because I like to get wet with thousands of people at the same time. Yeah baby yeah...

...oh yeah, I love the live soccer too.

SmokedPanda
10-26-2010, 12:39 AM

You must have never been in the Platinum Club at the ACC on game days, lots of rich hot women down there.

lips
10-26-2010, 07:36 AM
I renewed because,

1. Mo's gone.
2. Love soccer.
3. Gameday's are always great, win or loose.
4. Took out the Concacaf games out of package.
5. Meet great supporters.
6. As stated in a earlier post the season covers spring/summer/fall.
7. Don't think MLSE will make the same mistakes over again (think green).

Looking forward to brighter days ahead...I hope
Come on you REDS in 2011

:scarf::flare::drum::flare::scarf:This

The kids overheard me say to my wife that I was thinking about not renewing. My older boy said I was crazy and the team would be better next season. And the little one who has not been to a game yet asked if I would still buy him at ticket because he is big enough to go now mommy said. It’ a family thing we all bleed RED.

Detroit_TFC
10-26-2010, 07:59 AM
^ this

tradition being born right before us, that's what its all about

Eastend
10-26-2010, 08:02 AM
I renewed because I beLeaf.....I mean believe.....I hate the Leafs.

This is my team in my town so I have to be there in my seat.

FluSH
10-26-2010, 08:31 AM
I renewed yesterday... close call for me but I did... just around the 4:30pm mark

Suds
10-26-2010, 08:34 AM
I renewed yesterday... close call for me but I did... just around the 4:30pm mark

now that renewals are officially over I'd be interested to hear how they went

fetajr
10-26-2010, 08:52 AM
You must have never been in the Platinum Club at the ACC on game days, lots of rich hot women down there.

never been since the asking price of first-born-child, left kidney, and the eyeball of my choice was way over my budget.

FluSH
10-26-2010, 08:53 AM
^^^
Well I tried calling my rep a few times and he was busy on the phone... so I emailed and withing seconds he got back to me... they must have been busy yesterday

JonO
10-26-2010, 09:14 AM
You must have never been in the Platinum Club at the ACC on game days, lots of rich hot women down there.And one of the best roast beef sammies ever! Yeah - I have a one track mind :o

Ossington Mental Youth
10-26-2010, 11:15 AM
This

The kids overheard me say to my wife that I was thinking about not renewing. My older boy said I was crazy and the team would be better next season. And the little one who has not been to a game yet asked if I would still buy him at ticket because he is big enough to go now mommy said. It’ a family thing we all bleed RED.

There was never any doubt in my family, my mom who doesnt even go to games said our faith and support should never waver, Im 30 and my moms 60 btw HAHA

Hitcho
10-26-2010, 05:25 PM
now that renewals are officially over I'd be interested to hear how they went

According to reports of the webchat with PB today, renewals ended up around the low 80's in terms of %.

I've not done the math, but others are saying that's around 3,200 from the 16,000 existing season seats plus another 2,000 from the north end. So potentially over 5,000 season tickets remain unsold.

Waiting list - your true value to MLSE will now be tested... :D

Yeoman
10-26-2010, 05:38 PM
Ok we get it you love flares!

You have a team that lets you.
Go play with them we ain't stopping ya.

it's not just that. hell i've only lit off two flares at games this year in the csl.
how many times have i tried to drub up support around here for people to go to games and no one does?

Hey Man, My Dad and I had season's for the Blizzard

now that, that is gangster points.
old school lol

ecospice
10-26-2010, 08:01 PM
My wife made me renew. Plus, I like the $13.75 beers. :drinking:

CoachGT
10-26-2010, 08:30 PM
I've renewed. Why?

1) This team is still in its infancy. It will take a while for this team to become a consistent winner. I'm a supporter and I'm in it for the long haul. Supporters are there in good times and bad. And you've usually got to work through the bad to make the good that much sweeter.

2) I like where my tickets are. I like the people near me, and most of them have renewed.

3) I will look back on times like these, one day when we're lifting the MLS Cup, and think about how far this team has come. And it will feel good.

I'm not terribly fond of the price issues, but I still think this ticket has value, at least it does to me.

Workie
10-26-2010, 08:32 PM
how many times have i tried to drub up support around here for people to go to games and no one does?

Good lord your turning into Pop up SPAM! lol:drinking:

Cashcleaner
10-26-2010, 08:45 PM
As it turns out, I AM RENEWING now. LOL!

Luckily for me, my family decided to give me an early Christmas present and picked up the cost of my tickets.

I think that more than makes up for the fishtank light incident of a few years back. :thumbsup:

ExiledRed
10-26-2010, 08:55 PM
I renewed and I never said I wouldnt.

I renewed because I could afford it, I resent the increase and the MLS cup final swindle. I probably wont be spending in the stadium anymore, which will lose them about what I spent on the tickets in beer sales.

Any future increases, need to be tempered with large signings and reduced concession prices.

See you in 112

flatpicker
10-27-2010, 10:51 AM
According to reports of the webchat with PB today, renewals ended up around the low 80's in terms of %.

I've not done the math, but others are saying that's around 3,200 from the 16,000 existing season seats plus another 2,000 from the north end. So potentially over 5,000 season tickets remain unsold.

Waiting list - your true value to MLSE will now be tested... :D

They better start boosting the advertising for the MLS Cup!

KdotOdot
10-27-2010, 01:06 PM
I renewed...I mean fuck...what else you gonna do?

Hitcho
10-27-2010, 03:02 PM
They better start boosting the advertising for the MLS Cup!

I think after recent concessions (price freeze, free home opener, etc) a lto more people will be willing to go the Cup Final now. Plus a lot of people would have been anyway. plus there will be some market (however small) for non-season ticket holders who want to go via public sales (eg, local league kids and their parents since the Final is in town, away fans, Beckham/Henry worshipers if either one makes ti to the final).

My guess is that the final willdo alright in terms of numbers now. In fact, I'd say their biggest concern is now the weather. If there's freezing rain down by the lake that day, then expect a lot of empty seats... :D

pdogg
10-27-2010, 03:22 PM
With the pushback on the renewal date, it's going to be a tight schedule for TFC to fill the stadium. Reallocation happens first to find out where season ticket holders are sitting. Then the waiting list. Then they will open it up to the public.

Pinkie
10-27-2010, 03:52 PM
I renewed...I mean fuck...what else you gonna do?

HAHAHAHAHAHA best reason why...that was close to mine..i would never NOT renew...i love this team, the game day experience and soccer too much to not renew

king dave
10-27-2010, 11:33 PM
.....i love this team, the game day experience and soccer too much to not renew
The perfect, most perfect response
Did you work the word count to absolute?!LOL
Love ya, KD.

the-lower-eastsider
10-27-2010, 11:43 PM
i renewed one out of my two seats. i basically gave up one of them. in the end, i just couldnt NOT renew something. on the other hand i didnt want to completely sell my soul to ML$E. bottomline: i would simply miss it too much if i didnt renew. look, this team has sucked donkey balls for 4 years straight. we all know that. and through it all, ive still had a BALL and met alot of great people along the way. some of the best people i've ever met. i'm just not prepared to give that up yet. maybe i'm just too much of an optimist but i'm hopeful of better times. imagine what it will be like if they actually had a winning team and actually accomplished something? i wanna be there for that. thats the bottom line. i guess i'm still hopeful (albeit irrationally) that that day will come one day. see ya all next year.
craiger

king dave
10-28-2010, 12:12 AM
i renewed one out of my two seats. i basically gave up one of them. in the end, i just couldnt NOT renew something. on the other hand i didnt want to completely sell my soul to ML$E. bottomline: i would simply miss it too much if i didnt renew. look, this team has sucked donkey balls for 4 years straight. we all know that. and through it all, ive still had a BALL and met alot of great people along the way. some of the best people i've ever met. i'm just not prepared to give that up yet. maybe i'm just too much of an optimist but i'm hopeful of better times. imagine what it will be like if they actually had a winning team and actually accomplished something? i wanna be there for that. thats the bottom line. i guess i'm still hopeful (albeit irrationally) that that day will come one day. see ya all next year.
craiger

Yeah. In Columbus.
KD.

Toronto Gunner
10-28-2010, 05:59 AM
I renewed because I love football
I renewed because TFC is my home team and always will be
I renewed because a true supporter is there for their team through thick and thin
I renewed because times like these are when true supporters are needed the most
I renewed because a true supporter loves their team despite front office cock-ups - ask a lifelong Leeds, Newcastle, or Liverpool supporter if they'll ever stop loving their team because of front office cock-ups
I renewed because one day when I have kids I want to bring them to the matches with me, to show them MY seats, where I was when the times were tough, the times were good, and when we won the cup.

romburgundy
10-30-2010, 12:00 PM
I've renewed because I started a new tradition with my father one that brings our passion for football from that we had growing up into our new country that we chose to move to over 18 years ago.

I renewed because this brings a good little piece of my old home into my new and much nicer home now new and improved with a football team.

I renewed because my boys are starting to love soccer and come to the games with me.

I renewed because someday I hope to see one or both my boys playing for their home team at BMO.

In short...
I renewed because I'm a sucker.

Kevvv
10-30-2010, 01:23 PM
Gives me a good excuse to get out of the house most weekends, spend some time with the kids, have a couple pops, to hold on to my great seats, and I nothing beats being there.