PDA

View Full Version : Today's News,Friday,Oct.22

denime
10-22-2010, 05:11 AM
Mornin'

Canadian player quota in MLS set to change (http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/jasondevos/2010/10/canadian-player-quota-in-mls-set-to-change.html)

Expansion Draft Procedure Announced (http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/10/expansion-draft-procedure-announced)

Kocic To Get Start Saturday (http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/10/kocic-get-start-saturday)

Anatomy Of A TFC Town Hall (http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/10/anatomy-tfc-town-hall)

SUNSHINE_:D_:yum: (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshinegirl/)

anto7
10-22-2010, 06:25 AM
And once again no mention of the status of Mista for Saturday's game, what a complete joke !

Mikey
10-22-2010, 06:47 AM
And once again no mention of the status of Mista for Saturday's game, what a complete joke !

Apparently it's a nickname thats short for "Mista-nother game"

menefreghista
10-22-2010, 06:49 AM

Yes. I was anxious to hear about how his foot contusion is healing.

[NBF]
10-22-2010, 06:50 AM
SSG: Big Titties= check, neon bikini = check, looking hot near water = check, I'm happy:hump:

:drum:DEVO- Canadian Player Quota To Change in MLS:
I think we should keep the minimum quota of 8 Canadian players on TFC, but it would be completely ludacris to think that you're trying to field a cup winning team in Toronto in year 5 without looking in your own region for players. It goes without saying that if you're a soccer team anywhere in the world, you look within your region first for players, and if you want to attract foreign players to TFC, having an academy demonstrate that you have a structure in place to be competitive, otherwise you might as well just invite two foreign teams to play 30 games in Toronto. BTW, whos playing in the MLS Finals in Toronto? Two teams I dont give a shit about.:drinking:

Expansion Draft:

Unprotected: Conway, Garcia, Hscanovics, Harden, Usanov, Saric, Mista, Ibrahim, Barrett.

Protected: Frei, Gargan, Gomez, Attakora, Cann, Henry, DeGuzman, DeRosario, LeBrocca, Santos, Sanyang, OBW, Lyndsay

TOBOR !
10-22-2010, 07:04 AM

Actually, truth be told, two letters fell off the back of his shirt and never got ironed back on.

It should read : M I S T A K E

mastermixer
10-22-2010, 07:19 AM
Mista Mista!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_EQU0VRaD5vI/SbmcAI7kCKI/AAAAAAAAAEI/2Cl3JwEofl4/s1600/Mista%2Bmista.jpg

DichioTFC
10-22-2010, 07:32 AM
;1155684']
Expansion Draft:

Unprotected: Conway, Garcia, Hscanovics, Harden, Usanov, Saric, Mista, Ibrahim, Barrett.

Protected: Frei, Gargan, Gomez, Attakora, Cann, Henry, DeGuzman, DeRosario, LeBrocca, Santos, Sanyang, OBW, Lyndsay

I'm sure this topic will be beaten to death, but I'm pretty much in favour of the players selected above.

Only changes I would make is to keep Barrett and leave Gomez unprotected. I know Barrett makes a lot but we can't talk about winning if we're getting rid of guys who are effective.

TFC_Chris
10-22-2010, 07:50 AM
I'm sure this topic will be beaten to death, but I'm pretty much in favour of the players selected above.

Only changes I would make is to keep Barrett and leave Gomez unprotected. I know Barrett makes a lot but we can't talk about winning if we're getting rid of guys who are effective.

The only problem with that is we need to protect 3 internationals. So the Barrett for Gomez switch (as much as I support it) can't be done as Barrett counts as a domestic.

Chevy
10-22-2010, 08:06 AM

Who really cares? There is no real benefit to playing the guy anyway.

Saturday's match is meaningless. Let OWB or Ibby get some time - guys that may actually be here next year.

Boris
10-22-2010, 08:08 AM

Saturday's match is meaningless. Let OWB or Ibby get some time - guys that may actually be here next year.

if thats the case neither mentioned above should...hey oh!

scooter
10-22-2010, 08:24 AM
mornin d

BS1327
10-22-2010, 08:58 AM
Isn't Frei still considered generation addidas??
If we leave Barrett unprotected, he'll be picked up by Portland. Isn't he from Oregon? Unless that's the FO's idea of making cap space.

deltox
10-22-2010, 09:50 AM
im guessing that frei will graduate from GA at the end of this season....he should have graduated last yr based on the # of games he played

icecoldbeer
10-22-2010, 09:56 AM

ZINGG

maninb
10-22-2010, 10:05 AM
Why would anyone protect Sanyang...he's absolute CRAP!

Carts
10-22-2010, 10:06 AM

Hopefully his unknown status is because we honestly don't know where he is... Get out, we'll mail you your last pay stub - without depositing it into your bank account...

You're already forgotten Mis-whatever...

Buh bye...

DichioTFC
10-22-2010, 10:17 AM
Interesting article with Don Garber and his dealings with MLSE

http://www.socceramerica.com/article/40079/don-garber-we-look-at-everything.html

SOCCER AMERICA: You were in Toronto Tuesday to start up the publicity for MLS Cup, right after owner-operator Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment (MLSE) backtracked on another increase of ticket prices and held “Town Hall’ meetings with its fans. Where does the situation stand?

DON GARBER: MLSE made that decision to raise prices and they did this in July, they were in sixth place [overall] and hadn’t been knocked out of Concacaf, and were having some success at home. They made an announcement, it turned out not to be the right one, and they corrected it quickly.

The good thing that came out of it is that they listened to their fans and recognized they made a bad decision, and they changed it. Good for them. I think it’s a positive, not a negative.

SA: Do you think this will blow over quickly with MLSE’s change of plans or will it adversely affect ticket sales and attendance for MLS Cup?

GARBER: I certainly hope not. Those are two questions; one is will it pass? I believe it will, because I think Toronto, as part of this process, gets closer to its fans and probably communicates with them more regularly and probably goes through a more interactive process when they make decisions. And I’m certainly hopeful it has no affect on MLS Cup sales.

SA: Before they launched as expansion teams, Seattle and Philadelphia executives and staff members were in contact with their counterparts in Toronto to research their methods and hear their ideas in many areas, including the interaction with fan groups. Has TFC lost touch with its most ardent fans?

GARBER: The close communication that Philadelphia and Seattle have with their fans is based on the close communication that Toronto has had with their fans since the beginning. They just got a bit disconnected and have had four years’ lack of success on the field.

[Director of business operations] Paul Beirne, before the team was launched, was dealing with the Red Patch Boys. They were involved with the branding and where the stadium would be. He’s had discussions with the supporters’ group on a regular basis, so this is something that didn’t just happen, not at all.

Maybe it’s not so much that they were disconnected but they misread the situation that was bubbling up among their most avid fans. That’s probably a better way of saying it.

anto7
10-22-2010, 10:28 AM

I care that this organization is so pathetic that they fail to inform their fans of WTF is going on with our designated player. I really could not care about Mista himself, it's the way that we are kept in the dark that pisses me off. If they have already cut him then tell us that. If he is really injured then give us the details and the latest status. Is that really too much too ask for as paying customers?

Oldtimer
10-22-2010, 10:38 AM
I care that this organization is so pathetic that they fail to inform their fans of WTF is going on with our designated player. I really could not care about Mista himself, it's the way that we are kept in the dark that pisses me off. If they have already cut him then tell us that. If he is really injured then give us the details and the latest status. Is that really too much too ask for as paying customers?

He's not playing in the last game, and his contract ends (we already know) this season, and he's obviously not coming back.

So what do you need to know?

Stryker
10-22-2010, 12:37 PM
If Barrett isn't protected hes sure to be snapped up. Do you have faith that we'll bring in two much better strikers before the start of next season?
I don't.

SilverSamurai
10-22-2010, 04:57 PM
Why the hell would you protect OBW and not Barrett?!
Let OBW go. He's had a chance, it didn't work out. GL to him.

Toronto Ruffrider
10-22-2010, 11:26 PM
He's not playing in the last game, and his contract ends (we already know) this season, and he's obviously not coming back.

So what do you need to know?

Not that there's any secret to Mista's contract situation, but anto7 is right in that the FO is way too secretive regarding status updates for players. The club needs to be more transparent when it comes to roster moves, and this pertains to the team as a whole, not just one player.

rocker
10-22-2010, 11:34 PM
isn't the point that you don't want the opposition to know those details?
that's why the NHL has the classic "upper body injury" line for a whole host of injuries.