PDA

View Full Version : Renewals: what U-sector says

DangerRed
10-20-2010, 01:13 PM
Earlier this week, I tried to start a poll on how many had renewed their seats. It was shut down by a moderator because (GASP!) they didn't want MLSE to know how renewals were going.

Someone on U-Sector posted the same poll. If you still think Wheeler was right with renewals trending 35%, take a look.

Did you renew your seats?

Yes - all of them and right away 29.76%

Yes - all of them, but I waited until last minute 41.67%

I renewed my cheap seats, but let more expensive go 3.57%

No - but I'll still go to odd game 10.71%

No - I'm done with team 0%

I really have not made up my mind yet 14.29%

Dave67
10-20-2010, 01:20 PM
Posting a poll from a supporters group and using it as a weak arguement for where you think renewals are at is nuts.

Did you talk to anyone in the TFC brass at the town hall and ask where renewals are at? Cause there's no way in hell they are sitting at 80% - 90% like the straw poll shows.

The 2 CONCACAF games were dropped from the package, The renewal date was extended a week, town hall meetings were called. None of this happened because the renewal rate is high.

menefreghista
10-20-2010, 01:35 PM
Someone on U-Sector posted the same poll. If you still think Wheeler was right with renewals trending 35%, take a look.

The poll doesn't mean anything, other than how many U-Sector members renewed.

Chances are the type of person who would take the time to join a forum and waste countless hours discussing TFC is going to renew their season tickets.

Besides, if the renewal rates weren't shit we would never have received an apology, town halls and the removal of the CCL games.

Don't kid yourself that every thing is rosy.

DangerRed
10-20-2010, 01:40 PM
The poll doesn't mean anything, other than how many U-Sector members renewed.

Chances are the type of person who would take the time to join a forum and waste countless hours discussing TFC is going to renew their season tickets.

Besides, if the renewal rates weren't shit we would never have received an apology, town halls and the removal of the CCL games.

Don't kid yourself that every thing is rosy.

I'm tired from rearguing why you got a meaningless apology, a meaningless townhall and a meaningless CCL removal. I'll say what I said elsewhere: I'll take a gentlemen's bet that when the numbers are in, we'll end up 75-80% renewed.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled protesting.

menefreghista
10-20-2010, 01:44 PM
I'm tired from rearguing why you got a meaningless apology, a meaningless townhall and a meaningless CCL removal. I'll say what I said elsewhere: I'll take a gentlemen's bet that when the numbers are in, we'll end up 75-80% renewed.

That may be true.

But I've posted in another thread that even an 80% renewal is a bit of a disaster for the idiots at MLSE.

An 80% renewal means 12,800 season tickets. Which means TFC has to sell 5200 worth of new season tickets. It also means TFC has 1 month to sell 10,000 tickets to the MLS Cup. Of which they have already done very little marketing.

They were so arrogant they figured no matter what they did they could still get a 95% renewal rate, despite the fact that signs were appearing all season that it was not going to happen.

DangerRed
10-20-2010, 01:45 PM
^I completely agree with you.

brad
10-20-2010, 01:46 PM
Earlier this week, I tried to start a poll on how many had renewed their seats. It was shut down by a moderator because (GASP!) they didn't want MLSE to know how renewals were going.

Yes - all of them, but I waited until last minute 41.67%

No - but I'll still go to odd game 10.71%

No - I'm done with team 0%

I really have not made up my mind yet 14.29%

And what is the sample size? Percentages mean nothing with that.

DangerRed
10-20-2010, 01:52 PM
And what is the sample size? Percentages mean nothing with that.

85 people voted in this poll.

Dave67
10-20-2010, 01:58 PM

So 11% are not renewing and 14% are undecided.

In one of the longest running supporters groups.

People with the lowest priced tickets.

I don't think Wheeler's # is ultimately going to be accurate (after this Friday closes). It probably was not far off when he wrote it.

Roogsy
10-20-2010, 02:00 PM
So 11% are not renewing and 14% are undecided.

In one of the longest running supporters groups.

People with the lowest priced tickets.

I don't think Wheeler's # is ultimately going to be accurate (after this Friday closes). It probably was not far off when he wrote it.

Precisely.

I am sure as the deadline approaches, the number is going up. It has nowhere to go but up.

But it doesn't mean that there shouldn't be concern. Or that the reasons for the discontent should be overlooked. MLSE would be fools if they did.

billyfly
10-20-2010, 02:01 PM
Bah,....cheerleaders

Chevy
10-20-2010, 02:03 PM
^^ That's probably more than acceptable for the U-Sector Members.

For a BMO season seat holder population of 15,000 you would need around 350 responses.

My rough guess is that 75-80% of "supporters" (let's not debate this definition today) would renew, and between 60-65% of other STH's will renew.

JonO
10-20-2010, 02:08 PM

Even in your poll, a maximum of less than 34% would have renewed at the time Wheeler said 35%. The remaining had not yet renewed, were not renewing or were undecided.

Maybe that's where he got his number? ;)

prizby
10-20-2010, 02:10 PM

This is why polls should be a perk of RPB members lol

denime
10-20-2010, 02:17 PM

Yes,it's true and like I wrote in that thread we will reopen it after renewal deadline,Friday evening.

SirBobSaget
10-20-2010, 02:24 PM

Percentages dont match up for 85, more like 28 responders.

1/28 = 3.57%
3/28 = 10.71%

3/85 = 5.53%
9/85 = 10.59%

Dave67
10-20-2010, 02:27 PM

1/28 = 3.57%
3/28 = 10.71%

3/85 = 5.53%
9/85 = 10.59%

Get logic and research out of here :)

TorCanSoc
10-20-2010, 02:28 PM
What's the number of supporters in totals (that have season tickets) I'm sure there are others now but I know of four. RPB+US+NEE+TRN? We're the nutters, hate to say it but our actions don't mean sh*t right now to MLSE. They know they have us, MLSE is scared about the non-supporters season ticket holder. Maybe those were companies that bought four tickets for whatever reason. Those guys are throwing in the towel. We are idiots we'll keep coming back.... until NASL/USL1 get in on the GTA soccer action. Only a serious alternative team will we start losing supporters.

Oldtimer
10-20-2010, 02:31 PM

1/28 = 3.57%
3/28 = 10.71%

3/85 = 5.53%
9/85 = 10.59%

So 3 U-Sector aren't renewing. I'm sure the FO is afraid. :rolleyes:

DangerRed
10-20-2010, 02:44 PM

1/28 = 3.57%
3/28 = 10.71%

3/85 = 5.53%
9/85 = 10.59%

Then you should complain to the designer of the polling software. I'm just conveying the numbers as they appear on their site.

Brooker
10-20-2010, 02:48 PM
USector are awesome. What was this thread about again?

PTR
10-20-2010, 02:51 PM
No, U-Sector is not awesome.

They love the team too much to be awesome.

I think that's what the thread is about.

TFC Cityboy
10-20-2010, 02:59 PM
I'm assuming STs in 113 were reduced in price for next season with free MLS Cup tickets as they all seem so content on matchday
:)

VPjr
10-20-2010, 03:38 PM
I'm willing to bet that renewals will be at least 75%.

I think about 10% of current SSH's will walk away altogether.

I think a majority of people who have more than 1 pair (i.e. me) will drop some of what they have bought in the past but I sincerely doubt there will be a mass exodus among that group.

Even though I dont have the time to go to games, I'm still going to hold onto 1 of my pairs (the one in the south end).

As for U-Sector, you gotta remember those guys were Lynx supporters. They are, by and large, CMNT supporters. Those guys KNOW suffering. I'm sure they're not pleased about paying more but as bad as TFC have been, they've gone through worse.

Boris
10-20-2010, 03:46 PM
lets leave any inter group talk out of this guys.

Thanks

Mikey
10-20-2010, 04:22 PM
I'm hoping he didn't base his 35% stat on me touting it all over the newspapers comment sections......

FluSH
10-20-2010, 04:27 PM
We're not supporters... we are ultras LOL

bigbhoy
10-20-2010, 06:14 PM
What's the number of supporters in totals (that have season tickets) I'm sure there are others now but I know of four. RPB+US+NEE+TRN? We're the nutters, hate to say it but our actions don't mean sh*t right now to MLSE. They know they have us, MLSE is scared about the non-supporters season ticket holder. Maybe those were companies that bought four tickets for whatever reason. Those guys are throwing in the towel. We are idiots we'll keep coming back.... until NASL/USL1 get in on the GTA soccer action. Only a serious alternative team will we start losing supporters.

This sums it up perfectly! Everybody's over thinking has caused you all to forget - supporters groups will definitely fill their renewal no matter what! It's the seats outside of supporters sections that some of you must know are insanely costly in comparison to supporter sections.
In fact, our restructured package came in today and it truly is the MLS Cup being driven down our throat that is what appears to be the cost difference in our package.

BTW - being an Ultra^^ doesn't necessarily make you a responsible fan of the club. Being a fan is protecting the integrity of the club and from becoming a money making scandal which is what RPB have been expressing.

nfitz
10-20-2010, 06:36 PM
I'm assuming STs in 113 were reduced in price for next season with free MLS Cup tickets as they all seem so content on matchdayShhh

Auzzy
10-20-2010, 06:46 PM

1/28 = 3.57%
3/28 = 10.71%

3/85 = 5.53%
9/85 = 10.59%

Could have been 84 respondents, right?

25/84= 29.76%
35/84= 41.67%
3/84= 3.57%
9/84= 10.71%
0/84= 0% :D
12/84= 14.29%

Who knows, maybe there was an error on one poll entry & it wasn't counted in the percentage, totaling 85 respondents? Anyway 84 is pretty close.

brad
10-20-2010, 06:48 PM

85 out of 16,000 is meaningless. Actually, statistically insignificant is the correct term. You can draw nothing out a sample of that size.

Auzzy
10-20-2010, 06:52 PM
85 out of U-Sector members might be statistically significant (for U-Sector).

Anything we say on this forum is pretty well statistically insignificant anyway, right? :D

ensco
10-20-2010, 07:12 PM
It's "bad" for sure.

Don Garber did not roll into town yesterday, and call the renewal process a mistake, for no reason.

wzhxvy
10-20-2010, 07:28 PM
I just love how this whole thing has unfolded I have to say. Paul and Tom have failed in a spectacular way and that makes me happy because they were arrogant #%@@#.

Chevy
10-20-2010, 08:23 PM
85 out of 16,000 is meaningless. Actually, statistically insignificant is the correct term. You can draw nothing out a sample of that size.

It's not a great sample, but definitely not meaningless. A sample of 85 out of a population of 16,000 will get you results within +/- 11% 19 times in 20.

Of course the average U-Sector supporter will have different characteristics than the average TFC season seat holder, but thats another question.

To get down to +/- 5%, you would need to survey around 375-400 SSH's.

FluSH
10-20-2010, 08:27 PM
Not sure if it's just me but I thought the supporters should be the lat to go (not renew)... Also, I don't understand why this Usec poll is here? We can get NEE poll and a Usec poll and it will propably prove different views...

Chevy
10-20-2010, 08:42 PM
^^ I think that is the general feeling, that "supporters" will renew at around 70-80% and "others" at a lower rate. How low? Maybe 60%?

FluSH
10-20-2010, 08:44 PM
I expect the supporters to renew 90% unless we go and follow RedRum's strategy... which I must say does work, but I am not sure how it would work as a massive

mclaren
10-20-2010, 10:24 PM

How about you get back to your regularly scheduled cheerleading? You really don't get it do you.

Roogsy
10-20-2010, 10:36 PM
How about you get back to your regularly scheduled cheerleading? You really don't get it do you.

I like Jeffro's signature on this matter:

"Those claiming things can't be done should stay out of the way of those who are doing them."
There is a bad habit around the grounds of BMO Field of people mocking, discouraging, complaining and whinging about people who choose to stand up and do something about what they perceive to be a danger to the authenticity and purity that was the Toronto FC experience. Recent events tell me that the pressure that has been coming from all sides, including what has been born on these boards themselves through members and registered users, has provoked reactions and realizations that have led to things to beginning to happen, hopefully with the result we are all satisfied with. In other words, I think things are moving. And it's because of the supporters that finally stood up and made themselves heard, not because of those that chose to pretend like everything was ok or who couldn't be bothered to act even if they didn't like what was happening.

If someone does not want to join in the effort, that's fine. It's the choice. But like the saying goes..."stay out of the way". There are people working, getting things done. And in the end, everyone, both the worker and the observer will reap the benefits. But the annoying part isn't that someone didn't join, it's that they choose to actively discourage. They are the enemy to change. They are the hinderance to progress. They are the problem with Toronto sports.

koryo
10-20-2010, 10:37 PM

Actually, what they get is that the individual members in that group are doing what they think is right. This inter-group sniping is just childish, on both sides, and not doing anyone any good.

There will always be individuals from U-Sector coming on here to to wind us up. Usually in a back-handed way. That won't stop anytime time soon so just don't even bother with it unless a salient point is made.

They can get on with their thing and we'll get on with ours.

Rudi
10-21-2010, 01:12 AM
Actually, what they get is that the individual members in that group are doing what they think is right. This inter-group sniping is just childish, on both sides, and not doing anyone any good.

There will always be individuals from U-Sector coming on here to to wind us up. Usually in a back-handed way. That won't stop anytime time soon so just don't even bother with it unless a salient point is made.

They can get on with their thing and we'll get on with ours.
Who exactly are you referring to?

DangerRed is not U-Sector. As far as I can see, I'm the only person from U-Sector who has posted in this thread (which is rather ironic, given the subject matter).

BeerBaron95
10-21-2010, 06:50 AM
Close this thread plz... it has run its course... no need to continue stirring shit up... lets move on

denime
10-21-2010, 06:57 AM
True,thread should have been closed same hour when it was open.