PDA

View Full Version : Impact looks ahead to maiden MLS season

Oldtimer
10-20-2010, 12:27 PM
Meanwhile, the Impact prepares for a transition year ahead of its move to the MLS in 2012. Next year’s Impact could see a slew of roster changes all geared toward joining North America’s premier soccer league.
For starters, several players — including Jordan, midfielders Tony Donatelli and Patrick Leduc and forward Eduardo Sebrango — have yet to be re-signed for 2012, let alone beyond. Players signed through to the end of 2011 include veteran midfielders Leonardo Di Leonardo and David Testo, plus defender Philippe Billy, the team MVP. Forwards Ali Gerba, who emerged as the club’s top scorer, and Terminesi, as well as midfielders Antonio Ribeiro and Anthony Le Gall, and defender Richard Pelletier all joined the team midseason and have contracts for 2011.
“I think most of the core group of guys would stay on,” Impact captain Nevio Pizzolitto said. “We did very well in the second half of the season. We showed a lot of promise. I expect some younger guys coming in.”
http://www.canada.com/sports/Impact+looks+ahead+maiden+season/3696697/story.html

Interesting that Gerba is signed on for next year. He will probably end up making the move to MLS.
Yet another former TFC player doing well when they leave Toronto?

__wowza
10-20-2010, 12:36 PM
gerba in the MLS against toronto. i want to see it!
let no one be mistaken, i want montreal for our home opener in 2012

DangerRed
10-20-2010, 12:39 PM
http://www.canada.com/sports/Impact+looks+ahead+maiden+season/3696697/story.html

Interesting that Gerba is signed on for next year. He will probably end up making the move to MLS.
Yet another former TFC player doing well when they leave Toronto?

Why wouldn't they re-sign their top scorer?

And yes, this is yet another name to be added to the long list of "sucked in Toronto, was amazing after he left."

Jeffro
10-20-2010, 12:53 PM
^ Amazing in USL2.

Brooker
10-20-2010, 04:25 PM
rofl gerba. oh yeah, he's boss down there! trouble is, he can't hack it when he plays with the big boys.

FUCK MONTREAL

BS1327
10-20-2010, 06:03 PM
Qui est L'impact??? :p