gmacpheetfc
10-20-2010, 06:27 AM
34 MlS Regular Season Games

6 NCC Games

+8 Potential CCL games

Thoughts?

menefreghista
10-20-2010, 06:46 AM
There is the possibility of friendlies as well.

Wouldn't shock me if we get a Real Madrid type game again.

Kooper
10-20-2010, 07:01 AM
Especially since we don't have an international friendly included this year.

Roogsy
10-20-2010, 07:13 AM
This is exactly why the CBA signed last year was a mistake, on both sides.

How can you ever expect to compete in this many games with such a limited roster?

One of the most important things they missed in the last CBA was expanding the roster enough to accomodate an ever-more burdensome schedule.

Not to mention, they should have raised the salary cap a little more.

Beach_Red
10-20-2010, 07:28 AM

Maybe ticket price increases should be tied to salary cap increases :D.

Nuvinho
10-20-2010, 07:31 AM
possibility of 48 games, but TFC will participate in the min. for MLS + Champs League, but will have 3 or 4 friendlies because its all about dollar bills

Oldtimer
10-20-2010, 07:40 AM
Word is that they are thinking of expanding the roster to 30 spots. The additional players would be reserve-quality (league minimum), and not count against the cap.

This is mainly because of the proposed return of the reserve games.

prizby
10-20-2010, 11:08 AM

6 NCC Games

+8 Potential CCL games

Thoughts?

who said there was going to be 6 NCC games and as the team stands right now, i don't see us qualifying for CCL

you forgot to add in all the pre-season games as well

Nodoubtguy
10-20-2010, 11:09 AM
there's always a chance that there won't be a full 34 game sched.....could be 30 games with an unbalanced sched

nfitz
10-20-2010, 11:10 AM
there's always a chance that there won't be a full 34 game sched.....could be 30 games with an unbalanced schedMLS already announced it would be a 34-game schedule.

That's why they increased the number of MLS games in the season ticket package from 15 to 17.

Wow, if we'd made it through the Champions League play-offs, we could have had 54 games next year ... well 50 wouldn't have been unreasonable, and those extra play-off games are very early in the season (or pre-season), so wouldn't have stressed the club much.

Nodoubtguy
10-20-2010, 11:16 AM
MLS already announced it would be a 34-game schedule.

That's why they increased the number of MLS games in the season ticket package from 15 to 17.

Wow, if we'd made it through the Champions League play-offs, we could have had 54 games next year ... well 50 wouldn't have been unreasonable, and those extra play-off games are very early in the season (or pre-season), so wouldn't have stressed the club much.

my bad....I'm thinking ahead to 2012, with the 2 additional teams. Was told it could stay at 34 games then,

nfitz
10-20-2010, 11:18 AM
my bad....I'm thinking ahead to 2012, with the 2 additional teams. Was told it could stay at 34 games then,We'll have 19 teams then (only Montreal is joining in 2012 ... unless something changes very soon). So we'd need 36 games.

Would be pretty ugly if it's unbalanced ... but a the same time, they seem close to the breaking point on fixture congestion.

gmacpheetfc
10-20-2010, 11:25 AM
CSA has confirmed FC Edmonton place in the NCC and that the round robin format will be kept intact.

God knows how they're going to get 6 games in before July when the CCL starts.

menefreghista
10-20-2010, 11:29 AM
CSA has confirmed FC Edmonton place in the NCC and that the round robin format will be kept intact.

Interesting. When did they confirm this? I'm skeptical of FC Edmonton even playing a game.

By the way, that would mean that TFC season ticket holders don't have a ticket to one NCC game.

jloome
10-20-2010, 11:33 AM
Interesting. When did they confirm this? I'm skeptical of FC Edmonton even playing a game.

By the way, that would mean that TFC season ticket holders don't have a ticket to one NCC game.

They don't even have a league yet. But the guy behind them is flush with millions and has been convinced it's fun to spend millions (even when they don't need to.) So they'll be around for a few years, anyway.

menefreghista
10-20-2010, 11:42 AM
They don't even have a league yet.

That's the part that makes me skeptical.

jaahuuu
10-20-2010, 12:55 PM

If its going to continue as a round robin tournament including FC Edmonton, wouldn't there be 12 games, not 6 that would need to be played before CCL starts (3 home games for each of the 4 teams)?

DavydMT
10-20-2010, 01:14 PM

How can you ever expect to compete in this many games with such a limited roster?

One of the most important things they missed in the last CBA was expanding the roster enough to accomodate an ever-more burdensome schedule.

Agree.

First we (Toronto supporters) need to fix our problems and next step is to try to work with supporter groups around the league to improve MLS.

Slowly we are getting some good forward thinking owners in this league, so maybe someone will listen.

I’m really looking forward to the supporter’s summit.

prizby
10-20-2010, 01:15 PM

well i just went to the NCC portion of the CSA website...no announcement...where are you getting this?

werewolf
10-20-2010, 01:20 PM

6 NCC Games

+8 Potential CCL games

Thoughts?

You have written off the playoffs for next year already? :lol:

werewolf
10-20-2010, 01:23 PM
Bayern played 53 competitive matches last year (league, cup, CL), and 15 friendlies. Though for the most part, they don't have the deal with the consistently long travel times that hinder us in North America.

troy1982
10-20-2010, 04:07 PM

Roster have already been expanded to 30 players starting next year. and the salary caps will still be based on 24 players with the remaining 6 being outside the salary cap.

J .
10-20-2010, 04:11 PM
You have written off the playoffs for next year already? :lol:

Lol not shocking after watching this team play since the end of July....

prizby
10-20-2010, 04:16 PM
Roster have already been expanded to 30 players starting next year. and the salary caps will still be based on 24 players with the remaining 6 being outside the salary cap.

6 dp's next year???

Keystone FC
10-20-2010, 04:52 PM
They don't even have a league yet. But the guy behind them is flush with millions and has been convinced it's fun to spend millions (even when they don't need to.) So they'll be around for a few years, anyway.
They're in the NASL and are SUPPOSE to play next season.

FC Edmonton is a Canadian professional soccer (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/wiki/Association_football) team based in Edmonton (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/wiki/Edmonton), Alberta (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/wiki/Alberta), Canada (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/wiki/Canada). Founded in 2010, the team will begin play in the new North American Soccer League (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/wiki/North_American_Soccer_League_(2011-)) (NASL) in 2011.
The team will play its home games at Foote Field (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/wiki/Foote_Field), and will be coached by former Dutch youth international Dwight Lodeweges (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/wiki/Dwight_Lodeweges).[1] (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/#cite_note-0). The club's colours are blue and white.

troy1982
10-20-2010, 05:37 PM
6 dp's next year???

No, 6 home grown and GA players who will not count against the cap and will increase roster sizes to 30.
only 24 players will count against the cap..
The reserve league also returns next year.

Red CB Toronto
10-20-2010, 06:10 PM
As of right now, only players 1-20 count against the cap.

Each MLS team’s 26-player roster is now structured as follows:

Senior Roster (Slots 1-20)

MLS teams may have 18-20 players on their senior roster. These players will make no less than $40,000 per year and count against the 2010 team salary budget of $2,550,000.

Protected Roster (Slots 21-26)

Teams may have up to six players that do not count against the salary budget. Players on this roster may include Generation adidas players, players earning the 2010 League minimum player salary of $40,000 per year, and two of these six slots are reserved for home grown players who earn a minimum of $31,250 in 2010.

Teams are not required to fill all 26 slots at any given time.

From my understanding the roster will be 30 with the return of the reserve league in 2011, with spots 1-20 counting against the cap. Now will spots 21-30 all have to be for the league min I am not sure. Also with the ability to sign four homegrown players each year the expanded roster will be huge in graduating kids to the first team, which still being able to get them regular minutes in the reserve league.