PDA

View Full Version : Arabe Unido @ TFC post-game thread

Oldtimer
10-19-2010, 10:15 PM
1-0. :)

Pretty empty stadium.

SirBobSaget
10-19-2010, 10:21 PM
AHHH thread got closed on me. Just wanted to point out that ya'll can see me in Denime's pic post in first row behind the goal in North (white tuque and GREEEENN+cold sweater). Had the whole section to myself pretty much. The tables below were quite busy with people that seemed disoriented, they were taking pictures, not really watching the game, its like they were wisked off the street and given free tickets into the stadium.

nfitz
10-19-2010, 10:22 PM
1-0. :)

Pretty empty stadium.Probably more people there than most of the final round games in the group stage.

South end was pretty full.

NEE seemed pretty absent. 127 seemed quite empty compared to south end which was quite full

Great game though ... 5 months until the next match!

kaos197O
10-19-2010, 10:23 PM
Sorry David. Business in Mexico this week and next. Glad you'll be there for those of us who can't make this trip. Props!

BeerBaron95
10-19-2010, 10:30 PM
Probably more people there than most of the final round games in the group stage.

NEE was pretty absent. I guess elite means that they are only there for the highs and not the lows.

They were there... so easy on the shots... 112 looked pretty empty aswell

__wowza
10-19-2010, 10:30 PM
i heard my banner got a bit of screen time, anyone got any pics?

Cristiano14
10-19-2010, 10:31 PM
Probably more people there than most of the final round games in the group stage.

NEE was pretty absent. I guess elite means that they are only there for the highs and not the lows.

Are you serious right now buddy? along with red patch boys they care the most about this team. They didn't show as a sign of protest for the bullshit we put up with from MLSE, so I 110% agree with their motive. They did alot better than Usector who don't seem to care about anything and fully enjoy getting gouged by MLSE.

BeerBaron95
10-19-2010, 10:31 PM
5 posts.. its busy in here

rocker
10-19-2010, 10:38 PM
hard to judge things when playing a team like Arabe.

but Lindsay was very good. I'm excited about this kid. He can cross just about any kind of ball you want... loved the little cross to De Ro, who shot miles wide. The surprise for me was Morgan. Small but effective. Very fast. Can get stuck in and come away with the ball. I'd rather watch that kid every week than Hscanovics or Garcia there. Henry was "ok".. had some fuckups in the second half in the north end.
Cordone didn't do much but didn't look out of place.

Ibrahim was awful. That guy is done.

Auzzy
10-19-2010, 10:39 PM
Last person out, turn off the lights...

AL-MO
10-19-2010, 10:42 PM
Just curious what everyone's experiences were tonight. I was at work and couldn't make it to the game.

TFCtoMUFC
10-19-2010, 10:46 PM
Had an amazing time in 113 as usual. Was kinda sad to see the lack of noise in 112. Although I strongly disagree in your protest I must give props to Boris, Parkdale and others that stood by the protest. I do appreciate people who stick to their beliefs.

kaos197O
10-19-2010, 10:52 PM
Just curious what everyone's experiences were tonight. I was at work and couldn't make it to the game.
Incredible. Heckled and went after the D.A.U. diving team every chance I got. Kids were incredible and as others have stated, Morgan is looking really good.

And on an unrelated note and as requested.......
Hi Squirrel! hahahahahaha Stop hiding in the weeds you chump! :D

DichioTFC
10-19-2010, 10:52 PM
^ I was half-hoping for some kind of final, end-of-the-year chanting from the whole stadium just in honour of the boys. but i can't say i'm disappointed either way.

any word on a gate 1 celebration?

bgnewf
10-19-2010, 10:53 PM
Kind of sad coming home and realizing that it'll be almost five months before I see many of you again

kaos197O
10-19-2010, 10:53 PM
^ I was half-hoping for some kind of final, end-of-the-year chanting from the whole stadium just in honour of the boys. but i can't say i'm disappointed either way.

any word on a gate 1 celebration?
6 people....non event! I, not one of them!

Red Rat
10-19-2010, 10:55 PM
Kind of sad coming home and realizing that it'll be almost five months before I see many of you again

Sad, hell I will be happy that I will never see some of them. After all the abuse that I took over my jacket!!

Sally Mack
10-19-2010, 11:02 PM
Standing ovation to the guy who threw the ball off the back of 109 (and got kicked out by a yellow jacket). That was the most action this game had.

Darlofletch
10-19-2010, 11:08 PM
was that what all the fuss was in 109-110 near the end of the game. random cheering and booing and a chant that sounded like let him stay. all makes sense now.

Sparta
10-19-2010, 11:10 PM
Had an amazing time in 113 as usual. Was kinda sad to see the lack of noise in 112. Although I strongly disagree in your protest I must give props to Boris, Parkdale and others that stood by the protest. I do appreciate people who stick to their beliefs.

HAHAHA i think those were the only ones in green --- next to me

I took pics with my phone -- will upload to see what went wrong?

YES ---- I AM GOING TO BITCH

Positives:

(1) no chanting, jumping and all
(2) still respectful to "Oh Canada"
(3) still respectful to Dichio
(4) still respectful to players for the effort of scoring

Negatives:

(1) UHHHHHHH -- rolll calll --- who agreed to this protest

I saw 7 total green shirts (general number to demonstrate that it was low for the literalists) -- with attendance so low -- was expecting to see more

I spoke to several RPB members -- some say that it was too cold??

Even our "Flag bearers" were dressed in TFC colours and not green --- like whats with that???

Guys if we are going to do a protest and be taken seriously, we have to commit to it ---- this was just embarressing

USEC out did us ---- they united and decided to chant and brought it to the house

NEE sat, were quite and didnt chant --- success

I hate to down on us --- BUT as someone who DIDNT agree to wear green --I DID -- and was baffled and DISAPPOINTED that a lot werent

I decided to go with the group on a protest method that i didnt agree with, YET the very people saying to do the "green" DIDNT wear green

Whats up with that --- i owned up to early conversations to being UNITED

Some accountability has to be taken here -- or some sort of roll call for the people that wanted "green" and didnt go through with it

NO EXCUSES as to that no one was there --- bullshit --- i left my section and sat front row 110/111 staring into the bunker -- i seen it all

WHAT HAPPENED?????? ANYONE

rocker
10-19-2010, 11:10 PM
Standing ovation to the guy who threw the ball off the back of 109 (and got kicked out by a yellow jacket). That was the most action this game had.

guess you missed Nana's goal.

Darlofletch
10-19-2010, 11:23 PM
As it was the last game, once I got there i tried to look at the positives (http://www.cruelgeography.com/2010/10/tfc-vs-arabe-unido-pre-game.html).
Turns out it's much more enjoyable that way. There weren't that many of them, Morgan and Labrocca being the main ones, but still.

It could be really really cold at bmo in November.

Mr. Bigby
10-19-2010, 11:27 PM
A fast paced game, with a lot of encouraging signs from the young guys. I can see Lindsay's name going on a lot of shirts over the next few years, and little Morgan showed some nice flashes. It was a thoroughly enjoyable night at the stadium. All the MLSE crap aside, it was nice to watch a good game.

Sparta
10-19-2010, 11:30 PM
here is a pic --- for those that couldnt make it

Rudi
10-19-2010, 11:33 PM
here is a pic --- for those that couldnt make it
Did you get a pic of our "Supply + Demand?" banner?

DichioTFC
10-19-2010, 11:55 PM
Did you get a pic of our "Supply + Demand?" banner?

Fox Soccer in the States got a good, long look at it. The NYRB and Crew fans I watched the game with thought it was hilarious

Stryker
10-20-2010, 12:11 AM
I missed todays game. Was Ibrahim as shit as he looked on the highlight reel?

Rudi
10-20-2010, 12:17 AM
Fox Soccer in the States got a good, long look at it. The NYRB and Crew fans I watched the game with thought it was hilarious
Ah, so it got some play then. I know the FO took notice, because one of them mentioned it to me afterward.

That was our subtle message to the FO. We'll always be behind the boys in red, but we're not oblivious to what's going on (despite what some may like to assert).

I missed todays game. Was Ibrahim as shit as he looked on the highlight reel?
Yes, he was.

I think the only thing saving his job for next year is the fact that he's GA and the rosters are expanding.

SweetOwnGoal
10-20-2010, 12:18 AM
. They did alot better than Usector who don't seem to care about anything and fully enjoy getting gouged by MLSE.

I wasn't aware that only RPB knew the "proper" way to support a team.

U-Sector has seen and lived through a hell of a lot worse than what you are seeing right now. You want to protest. Fine. Protest. But if you want to call our dedication to domestic soccer into question...stick it up your fing ass. Wearing green does not make you a better supporter than us.

I, and 99% of u-Sector, respect your choice here. We didn't make a issue of anything RPB did in the stadium, Why don't you return the favour and respect the fact that we have a different perspective than you?

Phil
10-20-2010, 12:21 AM
I, and 99% of u-Sector, respect your choice here. We didn't make a issue of anything RPB did in the stadium, Why don't you return the favour and respect the fact that we have a different perspective than you?

I will back him up on this.

Lets focus on the big picture and not name calling.

DichioTFC
10-20-2010, 12:22 AM

U-Sector has seen and lived through a hell of a lot worse than what you are seeing right now. You want to protest. Fine. Protest. But if you want to call our dedication to domestic soccer into question...stick it up your fucking ass. Wearing green does not make you a better supporter than us.

100% right. U-Sector made themselves heard with their chanting and their banners. Well done to you and the entire SG on supporting the boys.

Like Sparta mentioned earlier, U-Sec brought it tonight.

Red CB Toronto
10-20-2010, 12:24 AM
I had a great time despite the crowd size being a lot less than normal. Due to I guess alot of the more expensive seats not being bought for the CCL I had the opportunity to pluck myself right down in a quite empty first row right behind the Reds bench.

It was quite interesting being able to hear all the instruction from the Daso and company, good time for sure. Loved seeing the kids out their, their enthusiasm is wonderful to watch. Ashtone had some great pace, too bad on the miss, but good all around.

Roca
10-20-2010, 12:48 AM
Enjoyed the game tonight, the academy players showed a lot of potential; if we keep this up, we'll get some valuable additions to the squad in years to come.

Good banter between the fans and Gordon from Guest Services. Good atmosphere in Sec. 110. And kudos to Gordon, who moved the soccer moms and their kids to better seats lower down.

It was interesting how the crowd was pretty thin, but all the old regulars and fanatics clumped together for the "twat! you're shit!" and "the referee's a gagger" chants.

Bad marks to security for kicking out the guy who finally volleyed the ball out of the stadium after a hilarious few minutes when it was bounced around in the east stand.

Kudos to the dozen or so players -- even Garcia -- who came to the southeast corner after the game to applaud the fans.

And finally, a hearty "fuck you too" to security for the way they cleared the bar at the north end after the game. At last call, I ordered a small beer, and was no more than half way through it when about two dozen security started moving into the remaining fans, pushing them through the gate. Why did they sell me the beer if they knew they would not let me finish it?

AL-MO
10-20-2010, 01:48 AM

You know you are responding to a Registered User right?

U-Sector has seen and lived through a hell of a lot worse than what you are seeing right now. You want to protest. Fine. Protest. But if you want to call our dedication to domestic soccer into question...stick it up your fing ass. Wearing green does not make you a better supporter than us.

I, and 99% of u-Sector, respect your choice here. We didn't make a issue of anything RPB did in the stadium, Why don't you return the favour and respect the fact that we have a different perspective than you?Well, we all know that is total fucking BS. One post is enough to lure you out, but the collection of replies in the postgame threads and the "Fuck The Green Patch" thread wasn't enough bait for us.

DOMIN8R
10-20-2010, 05:08 AM

Best not post when you're drunk.
Expecially when your SG cheerleading. I'm not sure how you can reconcile repeatedly coming here and calling out RPBs and non RPBs supposedly as the spokesperson for U-Sector. Perhaps you should consider how all the fans who read this forum, and not just RPBs, may view you as the U-Sector supporter rather than just a supporter.
Perhaps that is the intention (?).

Yeoman
10-20-2010, 05:24 AM

depends, saw those green patch boy comments on your board
just sayin

torontocelt
10-20-2010, 06:07 AM
hard to judge things when playing a team like Arabe.

but Lindsay was very good. I'm excited about this kid. He can cross just about any kind of ball you want... loved the little cross to De Ro, who shot miles wide. The surprise for me was Morgan. Small but effective. Very fast. Can get stuck in and come away with the ball. I'd rather watch that kid every week than Hscanovics or Garcia there. Henry was "ok".. had some fuckups in the second half in the north end.
Cordone didn't do much but didn't look out of place.

Ibrahim was awful. That guy is done.

I dont want to always sound like an Ibrahim hater but boy he sucks, I cannot believe the amount of money he gets paid, well done to that boy.

DOMIN8R
10-20-2010, 06:29 AM
If anyone has un update on the fellow who was thrown out because he passed the ball around, please post here. I can't understand how those kind of stazi tactics can be justified.

DOMIN8R
10-20-2010, 06:35 AM
Also, I have to get this off my chest. I had the pleasure of sitting behind Sean Cullen last night. Turns out he's a huge TFC fan and season ticket holder. But because of his schedule he hasn't been able to make it to many matches this year.

If you ever have the chance to sit near him while he's drinking and watching the game -- don't miss it. His play-by-play commentary was priceless. He made last night one of the best nights at BMO for me and my pals. I can't remember the last time I laughed that hard.

London
10-20-2010, 06:42 AM
people now see what the adademy has to offer.

these kids were dynamite this season in the CSL and you can add allando matheson to that list at striker and the future looks bright.

Roogsy
10-20-2010, 07:07 AM

This is all I'd like to emphasize. Why isn't it that relatively intelligent people still can't understand this fact? The board was specifically changed to make sure this little bit of information was made obvious and yet people still don't bother with the facts.

TFC Tifoso
10-20-2010, 07:26 AM
kudos to RPB for sticking to your guns last night.....well done!

when NEE and RPB are silent, the place is a morgue......no wait....you could hear TRN well.....

rocker
10-20-2010, 07:44 AM
Also, I have to get this off my chest. I had the pleasure of sitting behind Sean Cullen last night. Turns out he's a huge TFC fan and season ticket holder. But because of his schedule he hasn't been able to make it to many matches this year.

If you ever have the chance to sit near him while he's drinking and watching the game -- don't miss it. His play-by-play commentary was priceless. He made last night one of the best nights at BMO for me and my pals. I can't remember the last time I laughed that hard.

what section?

sidvan
10-20-2010, 08:08 AM
Gotta say the Dichio 23:12 HAPPY BIRTHDAY was great.

Attakora header very nice. Ibrahim - only here cause he doesn't cost us $. Otherwise wasted time having him on the pitch.

GTA_WOLF
10-20-2010, 08:13 AM
In what was, essentially, a nothing game, and also the last of the season for our fans to watch, I found it incredibly frustrating for us to roll out a 4-5-1 formation last night. Our chances were slim to none, the academy kids looked ok but are nowhere near ready for full time league play, and some of our senior players looked like they were out for a jog!!

I hope this was the last game for Ibrahim, the kid has not improved one iota from when he arrived. Farewell to a few others as well, Garcia and OBW as notables!!

LP The RPB
10-20-2010, 08:27 AM

I, and 99% of u-Sector, respect your choice here. We didn't make a issue of anything RPB did in the stadium, Why don't you return the favour and respect the fact that we have a different perspective than you?Hey Duane, how about you show a little class & respect. The anti RPB rhetoric that is spewed on your board is pathetic at times. We realise that it comes from the vocal minority & respect your board enough that we don't run over there to tell them to fuck off.

Next time you want to make an idiotic anti RPB drunk post, save it for your little blog, that way you can tell people how great you & Usector is on your own forum.

rocker
10-20-2010, 08:31 AM
The anti RPB rhetoric that is spewed on your board is pathetic at times.

As is the anti-Usector rhetoric spewed on this board. Both sides could cool it.

tfcleeds
10-20-2010, 08:48 AM
Any word on the attendance numbers last night? Just curious.

Wull
10-20-2010, 08:49 AM

Positives:

Negatives:

I saw 7 total green shirts (general number to demonstrate that it was low for the literalists) -- with attendance so low -- was expecting to see more

Even our "Flag bearers" were dressed in TFC colours and not green --- like whats with that???

Guys if we are going to do a protest and be taken seriously, we have to commit to it ---- this was just embarressing

USEC out did us ---- they united and decided to chant and brought it to the house

I hate to down on us --- BUT as someone who DIDNT agree to wear green --I DID -- and was baffled and DISAPPOINTED that a lot werent

I decided to go with the group on a protest method that i didnt agree with, YET the very people saying to do the "green" DIDNT wear green

Some accountability has to be taken here -- or some sort of roll call for the people that wanted "green" and didnt go through with it

NO EXCUSES as to that no one was there --- bullshit --- i left my section and sat front row 110/111 staring into the bunker -- i seen it all

We had a good number in green up the back of 115 and a lot of silence too, I'm now paying for leaving my jacket off last night to keep it green

Roogsy
10-20-2010, 08:51 AM

Agreed, both sides need to cool it. Those of us on this board needs to concentrate on ourselves. If someone has a comment to make about Usector, make it to them directly either on their board or on Duane's blog. Not on this board please.

The next anti-Usector post will get an infraction.

Wull
10-20-2010, 08:57 AM

I'll agree with this and also point out they were good enough not to put a capo in the stand for Saturday's game as a show of solidarity

Fort York Redcoat
10-20-2010, 08:58 AM

Positives:

Negatives:

You want members to post reasons for not going through with the protest after they asked for it here? I'd have another look at the thread Sparta. It was a fight to get people to keep their word on the board. To get people out to the game and finally go through with it is far more difficult. So many people gave up last night, not coming to the game out frustration, protest, and other real-life excuses. I hear you Sparta. Last night was not fun but we kept our word. That's enough.

Oldtimer
10-20-2010, 09:05 AM

Just over 10k announced.

Roca
10-20-2010, 09:10 AM
If anyone has un update on the fellow who was thrown out because he passed the ball around, please post here. I can't understand how those kind of stazi tactics can be justified.

We were just below and to the left of the guy, who was in the top of 109. A ball had been passed around several sections of the east stand, and everyone was calling for it to be thrown out of the stadium. When a guy did it, the fans all cheered but security was up there within 2 minutes to escort the guy out. Biggest chant of the night from the south-east stand was "Let him stay!"

I hope the guy didn't get banned for good.

Roca
10-20-2010, 09:12 AM

Did anyone notice how they didn't announce it? Our beer guy said they told him the official figure was 9,000. We figured there were 6,000 - 7,000 in the stands, a lot of whom left at half time. Too bad; I thought it was one of the most entertaining games this season.

Parkdale
10-20-2010, 09:15 AM

that was one guy who grabbed the flag and waved it for like 5 minutes.

I held a green flag for the full 90, and wore green pants, a green hat and my block RPB hoodie. It was damn chilly last night.

denime
10-20-2010, 09:16 AM

Agreed, both sides need to cool it. Those of us on this board needs to concentrate on ourselves. If someone has a comment to make about Usector, make it to them directly either on their board or on Duane's blog. Not on this board please.

How about U-Sector thread,since they have "Green patch boys fuck off" thread full with love post gor our group.

H Bomb
10-20-2010, 09:16 AM
sorry we're not allowed to think the u sector are doing bad things? This place is too politically correct...and when you act like that, you get a bunch of people who dont live up to their ideals. (barely any green in 112 etc). stop being so tame. U sector have dropped the ball, so make it known, stop being pussies about it. that is all :D

__wowza
10-20-2010, 09:18 AM
you cant make out all of my banner in the "game in six minutes" :(
anyone have any pics? it said this \/

GlenM
10-20-2010, 09:19 AM
Kudos for the win, the people that showed, protest, singing anthem, happy b-day to Dichio, guy who tossed ball out of stadium, player acknowledge at end.

Panama Arabe Unido can EAT IT!

GlenM

Fort York Redcoat
10-20-2010, 09:20 AM
No pics but it looked great wowza!

Roogsy
10-20-2010, 09:20 AM
sorry we're not allowed to think the u sector are doing bad things? This place is too politically correct...and when you act like that, you get a bunch of people who dont live up to their ideals. (barely any green in 112 etc). stop being so tame. U sector have dropped the ball, so make it known, stop being pussies about it. that is all :D

It's an issue of respect Matt. Rudi has tried to contain the anti-RPB stuff on his board, it's only right that we do it on ours. Besides, I'd rather concentrate on the activist stuff we are doing, not whether someone else mindlessly cheers for a team imploding before our eyes. That's their choice. We have made ours.

Respect for other groups, even when we disagree, has always been a goal of THIS board even if we are not perfect at doing it.

Parkdale
10-20-2010, 09:21 AM
How about U-Sector thread,since they have "Green patch boys fuck off" thread full with love post gor our group.

that thread had 13 posts and was closed by their moderators.

let's not give it any more credit than it deserves.

they mods saw it for what it was, and axed it. we move on.

H Bomb
10-20-2010, 09:41 AM
It's an issue of respect Matt. Rudi has tried to contain the anti-RPB stuff on his board, it's only right that we do it on ours. Besides, I'd rather concentrate on the activist stuff we are doing, not whether someone else mindlessly cheers for a team imploding before our eyes. That's their choice. We have made ours.

Respect for other groups, even when we disagree, has always been a goal of THIS board even if we are not perfect at doing it.

remember this is the group that conciously undermined you only a month ago inside the stadium, and then mocked you afterwards. I'll leave it at that, but respect is something that should be earned. And they've not done that in a long time.

Roogsy
10-20-2010, 09:49 AM
remember this is the group that conciously undermined you only a month ago inside the stadium, and then mocked you afterwards. I'll leave it at that, but respect is something that should be earned. And they've not done that in a long time.

That's fine, but can we leave it at that? I think most people in this group would rather concentrate on what we do. We know that the actions we (and NEE) have taken have contributed in large part to the team beginning to listen, therefore we should be proud that we've done something fans of the Leafs have not been able to accomplish, move the mountain that is MLSE.

Hooligan69
10-20-2010, 10:12 AM
From DeRo's Twitter...

dwaynederosario (https://twitter.com/dwaynederosario)
TFC 1- Arabe Unido 0 Thanks for all the fan support at BMO. You fans really make it an enjoyable place to play. Thanks for the Support!

London
10-20-2010, 10:22 AM
all i heard in the TV was TRN, heard a chant for like 10 seconds, and then a few yelps from time to time.

at one point you could hear peoples conversations, and always could hear the one loudmouth in the area.

i would say it looked like a protest from the TV point of view.

( i got stuck on the 401 because of an accident or id have been there in green)

David_Oliveira
10-20-2010, 10:33 AM
I was in green right behind Daso. There were three of us in 123 row 1. You could see the camera man trying to film around us to get shots of Daso during the game. Man was it funny

DangerRed
10-20-2010, 10:34 AM
Wear Green failed again. Complete silence would have been much better, both on the ground and on TV. But it's all water under the bridge now.

J .
10-20-2010, 11:06 AM

You could always work for BMO security

J .
10-20-2010, 11:08 AM
Also, from the pics there wasnt much green, but from the audio of the game there was a lot of silence.

Roogsy
10-20-2010, 11:23 AM
You could always work for BMO security

Yes, because giving a warning and giving people the choice and an opportunity to do the right thing on their own is the same thing as the heavy-handed measures supporters have seen in the stands. That's just brilliant.

werewolf
10-20-2010, 11:35 AM

forget the MLS cup, next to the reckless increase in ticket prices, security is the biggest issue going forward. How they continue to get away with some of the crap they pull is beyond me.

Razcle
10-20-2010, 11:35 AM

Stood the whole game in 112 up from El Presidente. No chants. Mostly just applause for the few plays in the game that deserved applause. Lots of comments to the Arabe players. Happy to see 113 lively. Also happy to see our brothers in the north blacked out both vocally and visually.

Different way to watch a game without chanting the boys to victory. Hopefully the message makes its way to ML$E

Rudi
10-20-2010, 11:51 AM

Well, we all know that is total fucking BS. One post is enough to lure you out, but the collection of replies in the postgame threads and the "Fuck The Green Patch" thread wasn't enough bait for us.

Best not post when you're drunk.
Expecially when your SG cheerleading. I'm not sure how you can reconcile repeatedly coming here and calling out RPBs and non RPBs supposedly as the spokesperson for U-Sector. Perhaps you should consider how all the fans who read this forum, and not just RPBs, may view you as the U-Sector supporter rather than just a supporter.
Perhaps that is the intention (?).

depends, saw those green patch boy comments on your board
just sayin
I'm glad you guys all ignored my non-inflammatory post to respond to SweetOwnGoal's drunken rant. :rolleyes:

H Bomb
10-20-2010, 12:25 PM
^^ he's a grown boy, he can stand up for himself.

J .
10-20-2010, 12:30 PM
Yes, because giving a warning and giving people the choice and an opportunity to do the right thing on their own is the same thing as the heavy-handed measures supporters have seen in the stands. That's just brilliant.

You're squashing dissent. How often is there a _______ is a fucking retard post in the forums and nothing done?

Either everyone can be given the stick, or nobody can.

But its your fiefdom, play on.

Jeffro
10-20-2010, 01:09 PM

+1 :iagree:

Derko
10-20-2010, 01:32 PM
I enjoyed the game, great to see the young kids, Ibrahim must go, he is horrible, too bad we are stuck with that overpaid DM, who'd have thought we would have a DP that is a holding midfielder, he has been just as ineffective all season!!
I respect everyone's right to protest in the manner they feel is appropriate.

See you next season.

Rudi
10-20-2010, 01:33 PM
Except that the comments directed towards him are in regards to U-Sector at large.

I just found it funny that some decided to ignore the posts from one of U-Sector's leaders to challenge the post of an individual member.

But whatever, I don't intend to get involved in any back and forth, here or elsewhere.

Roogsy
10-20-2010, 01:35 PM
^ And please, that should end that. At the risk of appearing like I am "squashing" anything, (whatever... :rolleyes: ) let that be the end of the Usector bashing on this board and any subsequent responses. Good DB netiquette demands that we remain on topic. Inter-group issues is not relevant to the developments on the pitch last night.

H Bomb
10-20-2010, 01:40 PM
Your group wont grow unless you stand up for yourselves. Sometimes you're so desperate to be nice that it gets in the way of accomplishing anything. You get stepped on and you respond with "cant we all just get along" but i'm for sure done (for today at least;) ) got nuthin to say to them anyways.

David_Oliveira
10-20-2010, 01:59 PM
forget the MLS cup, next to the reckless increase in ticket prices, security is the biggest issue going forward. How they continue to get away with some of the crap they pull is beyond me.

They don't even get it right in the club seats. My girlfriend and I sat there yesterday sec 123 row 1 seats 6 & 7. When we were leaving the game the unintelligent yellow jacket put here hand on me and told me this was only available for people with club seats. I told her that that was ok because I sat in sec 123, the section right in front of her and showed her the tickets. She told me no that I didn't have access. I started to get agitated at this point and told her yes I did. She told me it usually says on the ticket if I would have access or not. Finally someone behind me piped in and said no he has access. She said alright I'll let it slide and let me through. As I walked past I said "Ma'am you should really know what sections you are working detail for." Her partner told me that was rude.

It really sucks that not even in the club seats you the supposed special attention that you pay for. Was it because I was a young guy or because of the way I was dressed (in green with the RPB bar scarf)? Either way, I was very disappointed at how things played out

werewolf
10-20-2010, 02:10 PM
They don't even get it right in the club seats. My girlfriend and I sat there yesterday sec 123 row 1 seats 6 & 7. When we were leaving the game the unintelligent yellow jacket put here hand on me and told me this was only available for people with club seats. I told her that that was ok because I sat in sec 123, the section right in front of her and showed her the tickets. She told me no that I didn't have access. I started to get agitated at this point and told her yes I did. She told me it usually says on the ticket if I would have access or not. Finally someone behind me piped in and said no he has access. She said alright I'll let it slide and let me through. As I walked past I said "Ma'am you should really know what sections you are working detail for." Her partner told me that was rude.

It really sucks that not even in the club seats you the supposed special attention that you pay for. Was it because I was a young guy or because of the way I was dressed (in green with the RPB bar scarf)? Either way, I was very disappointed at how things played out

Was it security or guest services? There is a difference that should be remembered.

David_Oliveira
10-20-2010, 02:12 PM
Was it security or guest services? There is a difference that should be remembered.

Wasn't sure. There were two people. One in a yellow jacket and the other in a dark blue jacket. They both told me no

JonO
10-20-2010, 02:15 PM
^ Maybe she's used to working in the ACC where it is printed on the ticket whether or not you have "club access". I didn't think that's how it works at BMO, but I'm not sure...

werewolf
10-20-2010, 02:17 PM
Wasn't sure. There were two people. One in a yellow jacket and the other in a dark blue jacket. They both told me no

I find guest services for the most part are ok, they aren't looking for reasons to bother people, but still far from perfect. Whereas security is just outright disgraceful. I have spoke to a few induviudal people before, and some are decent folk, but as a whole, the collective incompetance is unbelievable. Yet there seems to be no accountability.

David_Oliveira
10-20-2010, 02:18 PM
^ Maybe she's used to working in the ACC where it is printed on the ticket whether or not you have "club access". I didn't think that's how it works at BMO, but I'm not sure...

It doesn't work like that. I enter through Gate 4 why wouldn't I exit through there? ALL STAFF needs some training on the stadium and what sections have access to certain things (ie flags, drums or even club access etc.)

Yeoman
10-20-2010, 02:31 PM
people now see what the adademy has to offer.

these kids were dynamite this season in the CSL and you can add allando matheson to that list at striker and the future looks bright.

shut up. i don't want our secret play toy to be known to the public

Boris
10-20-2010, 02:31 PM

wow.....just wow....:hump:

i think we need the out of context thread back????

King Tut
10-20-2010, 02:32 PM
kudos to RPB for sticking to your guns last night.....well done!

when NEE and RPB are silent, the place is a morgue......no wait....you could hear TRN well.....

Seconded.

Mission accomplished for the second straight game. Props to RPB. Well done guys.

Yeoman
10-20-2010, 02:34 PM
lol
hey man, i want my flares at CSL games okay?

King Tut
10-20-2010, 02:38 PM

About 5000-6000 at best. It was a sight to remember! :D

King Tut
10-20-2010, 02:50 PM

I like it the way it is. Keep it a little secret. :D :flare:

If the hype grows, then you'll end up with BMO Field V2.0.....:(

prizby
10-20-2010, 03:00 PM
lol

i want them at bmo fireld!

nfitz
10-20-2010, 03:31 PM
About 5000-6000 at best. It was a sight to remember!Over 10,000. South end was pretty full, probably about 3,000 between 111 and 119.

rocker
10-20-2010, 03:39 PM
Over 10,000. South end was pretty full, probably about 3,000 between 111 and 119.

yup.. the reported attendance of just over 10000 looks accurate from my vantage point. South end was almost full (2500?)... east stand slightly less than half (3000?). lower west side, probably less than half (2000?). That's 7500 right there. North was very empty.. maybe 100. From my seat I couldn't see the upper west stand though.

denime
10-20-2010, 03:54 PM
yup.. the reported attendance of just over 10000 looks accurate from my vantage point. South end was almost full (2500?)... east stand slightly less than half (3000?). lower west side, probably less than half (2000?). That's 7500 right there. North was very empty.. maybe 100. From my seat I couldn't see the upper west stand though.

10K eh,

http://i51.tinypic.com/sawh9l.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/2zqa0lj.jpg

http://i56.tinypic.com/qn6a29.jpg

http://i52.tinypic.com/2edw478.jpg

This looks more like you said 7000 max,I would say no more than 6000

Red Rat
10-20-2010, 03:55 PM

3000 free tickets were given out at half

rr

Roogsy
10-20-2010, 03:57 PM
Oh man Denime, those pics say it all.

7500 max...probably less.

DOMIN8R
10-20-2010, 05:09 PM
Except that the comments directed towards him are in regards to U-Sector at large.

Not true. Maybe some are but not all.

I just found it funny that some decided to ignore the posts from one of U-Sector's leaders to challenge the post of an individual member.

We ignore posts all the time. Sorry that we chose yours.

But whatever, I don't intend to get involved in any back and forth, here or elsewhere.

But obviously you do intend to go back and forth - because you have and you are.

bigbhoy
10-20-2010, 06:02 PM
I don't believe there was anything wrong with their protest, it has a lot of shock value as Leaf/Raptors fans pay astronomical amounts compared to 'most' seats at BMO. It is surprising that those fans have allowed the prices to reach such heights. (Though they have suits in their seats and we don't :p)

mdc 77
10-20-2010, 07:43 PM
I don't believe there was anything wrong with their protest, it has a lot of shock value as Leaf/Raptors fans pay astronomical amounts compared to 'most' seats at BMO. It is surprising that those fans have allowed the prices to reach such heights. (Though they have suits in their seats and we don't :p)

Leaf and Raptor fans don't have the united groups such as RPB and NEE to protest price increases. However you have to remember, the Leafs are one of the most storied, famous hockey clubs in the world and play in the best hockey league in the world. Its been quite easy for them to price out real fans and yet still hang on to corporate types who will pay. The fan base of the Maple Leafs is enormous, you can easily find a Leaf supporter. No different than the top clubs in the Premiership in England.

Can you always find a TFC supporter? no. I can't fathom why TFC management thinks they can find thousands more to replace the current ssh if they don't renew. They just don't exist.

LP The RPB
10-20-2010, 09:11 PM
remember this is the group that conciously undermined you only a month ago inside the stadium, and then mocked you afterwards. I'll leave it at that, but respect is something that should be earned. And they've not done that in a long time.A non affliated poster on the Usector board made a well written post disagreeing with Usectors decision not to align themselves with fellow supporters.

Here is the response he recieved from a long time member of Usector......

BOBO WHY DON'T YOU GO FUCK YOUR MOTHER WHY DIDN'T YOU HAVE THE BALLZ TO COME AND MOUTH OFF LAST NIGHT

Pretty classy stuff :facepalm:

BeerBaron95
10-20-2010, 09:32 PM
lol

dude, easy on the flare talk... lets not get carried away aight. shhhh :cool:

I like it the way it is. Keep it a little secret. :D :flare:

If the hype grows, then you'll end up with BMO Field V2.0.....:(

We definitely dont want that at all.

i want them at bmo fireld!

Negative on that Priz

Roogsy
10-20-2010, 10:00 PM
OK I am closing this thread. We said we didn't want inter-group stuff hashed out on the boards and it keeps going.

Thank goodness this god-foresaken season is over.