PDA

View Full Version : What will you be doing with your MLS Cup Ticket?

TicTacTabarnack
10-19-2010, 09:23 PM
Have your say ... MLS Cup is at BMO Field on November 21, 2010 @ at 8:30 p.m. ET

1) Go watch the 2 Random teams I don't care about - Heck I paid for the ticket.
2) Sell the ticket - Some goof ball supporter from the US can freeze their a** off!
3) Leave the seat empty - It's a sunk cost & I'm really pissed off. I hope ML$E's F&B revenue & credibility to the Don can take the hit!
4) Undecided / None of the Above.

Jeffro
10-19-2010, 09:30 PM
No option for actually wanting to go to the game?

Jeffro
10-19-2010, 09:32 PM
^4 out of 5 people so far in your other thread actually want to go....

TicTacTabarnack
10-19-2010, 09:33 PM
No option for actually wanting to go to the game?

I guess we can use option 1 "Go watch the 2 Random teams I don't care about - Heck I paid for the ticket." for that b/c honestly if you're on this board ... Do you really care about any other team other than TFC?

Pachuco
10-19-2010, 09:46 PM
I want to go to the game, regardless of TFC playing in it.

ManUtd4ever
10-19-2010, 09:54 PM
I renewed today, so I might as well attend the MLS Cup Final. I think NY is a lock from the East and any one of LA, RSL, or Seattle as the opponent should provide an entertaining match...

deltox
10-19-2010, 09:55 PM
im gonna sell to crew fans...that way we get random pockets of crew fans amongst TFC fans.

there will be fights breaking out all over the place and the FO will look like idiots

nfitz
10-19-2010, 10:20 PM
Other:

From what I heard when I phoned last week, it looks like by the time they get to Gold list sales in mid-November, it will be too late for them to have MLS Cup, so those tickets probably won't include MLS Cup.

So I'll likely be trying to buy a ticket ...

thisisinternetclash
10-19-2010, 10:24 PM
I guess we can use option 1 "Go watch the 2 Random teams I don't care about - Heck I paid for the ticket." for that b/c honestly if you're on this board ... Do you really care about any other team other than TFC?

Yes.

DichioTFC
10-19-2010, 10:27 PM
I'll be going.

For anyone making a poll in the future, please refrain from making the poll options a personal opinion. Leave it free from opinion, otherwise it inherently prejudices peoples' answer.

Besides, you can argue your opinion in the comments to your heart's content.

prizby
10-19-2010, 10:49 PM
I will be selling my ticket back to MLSE :)

TFCtoMUFC
10-19-2010, 10:53 PM
I will attend if Beckham plays. If he doesn't, I'm selling.

rocker
10-19-2010, 11:01 PM
I'll be attending. If I could attend a Stanley Cup final or NBA Final or Superbowl I would -- regardless of whether "my team" was in it. It's about the spectacle. And it's an important game.. the culmination of the season we religiously followed. Since I follow other teams in this league (yeah, I even will watch a midseason game between KC and San Jose), I'm interested. It should be fun to watch a high quality, meaningful game at BMO for once ;)

I've watched the last 3 MLS Cups on TV and it was entertaining.

RedRum
10-19-2010, 11:29 PM
I'll be attending. If I could attend a Stanley Cup final or NBA Final or Superbowl I would -- regardless of whether "my team" was in it. It's about the spectacle. And it's an important game.. the culmination of the season we religiously followed. Since I follow other teams in this league (yeah, I even will watch a midseason game between KC and San Jose), I'm interested. It should be fun to watch a high quality, meaningful game at BMO for once ;)

I've watched the last 3 MLS Cups on TV and it was entertaining.

NHL = the top ranked hockey league in the world. NBA = the top ranked basketball league in the world. NFL = the top ranked pointyball league in the world.

MLS is ranked 70 something IIRC...You call the MLS Cup a "Spectacle"? That's funny.

Darlofletch
10-19-2010, 11:32 PM
I'll be there, ever since it was announced I wanted to go, I was quite happy to see it in the season package, especially instead of the friendly.

Obviously optional would have been the better way to go, and i can understand why some people don't want to go and resent having to pay for it, but speaking strictly for myself, i'm not complaining.

Red CB Toronto
10-19-2010, 11:40 PM
I will be there for sure, would have it no other way, attending sports is something I very much enjoy, the one thing that I would love to see would be a massive blizzard. Having attended the 1996 Grey Cup in Hamilton when the snow was coming down in buckets it was simply amazing.

I am also in need of another MLS Cup ticket for my brother, if someone who is not planning on going out of principal, which I respect would be willing to pass theirs onto me, I would be quite happy to make a donation to a charity of their choice in their name.

craz11
10-20-2010, 12:16 AM
I'm going to be in Vancouver for my cousin's wedding that's been planned for almost a year. Which is why I'm extra pissed off that I'm forced to pay for my fucking seats for this match.

I'm going to give them to a buddy of mine to burn outside of gate 3.

BS1327
10-20-2010, 02:15 AM
I will be selling my ticket back to MLSE :)

I would buy a ticket to watch you do that! :D

Mikey
10-20-2010, 07:30 AM
It depends who is playing in the final (D'uh!) But if
I'm not going, I'm not selling them on either. Seats will go empty.

mike_bouma
10-20-2010, 07:34 AM
If I watch it I'm pretty sure It'll be in HD in front of my fireplace with $2 beers instead of in the cold with with $12 beers after a 45 min Go Train ride.

Hustle
10-20-2010, 07:34 AM
Whoever has seats around me will have some extra elbow room. Not Going. Not Selling. What ML$E has already done can't be forgiven with a couple town halls and anonymous apology letters. I decided this when the ticket package came out and I am not changing my mind because of more spin. Sorry, I don't believe these guys give two shits. They are backtracking ONLY because the SSH forced them too by not renewing. This is part of my protest. Those that are going, have a great time.

rocker
10-20-2010, 07:47 AM
MLS is ranked 70 something IIRC...You call the MLS Cup a "Spectacle"? That's funny.

Ranked 70 something? you mean ranked by that joke of a website that obviously doesn't know the difference between MLS and the Kazakh league? Sure.

The Cup final of the top league in North America is definitely a spectacle, the culmination of the long season and playoffs. Did you watch last year's in Seattle? I rest my case.

Wull
10-20-2010, 07:51 AM
I'm eating mine

ecospice
10-20-2010, 07:52 AM
Whoever has seats around me will have some extra elbow room. Not Going. Not Selling. What ML$E has already done can't be forgiven with a couple town halls and anonymous apology letters. I decided this when the ticket package came out and I am not changing my mind because of more spin. Sorry, I don't believe these guys give two shits. They are backtracking ONLY because the SSH forced them too by not renewing. This is part of my protest. Those that are going, have a great time.

Totally agree.

We went to the arabe game last night and a lot of the people around us in 224 (who actually showed up, that is) did not renew at all for next year. One guy told me FO has called him 6 times to try to get him to change his mind. Queery: why call someone 6 times to renew if you have a huge waiting list???

ManUtd4ever
10-20-2010, 07:56 AM
I will be there for sure, would have it no other way, attending sports is something I very much enjoy, the one thing that I would love to see would be a massive blizzard. Having attended the 1996 Grey Cup in Hamilton when the snow was coming down in buckets it was simply amazing.

I am also in need of another MLS Cup ticket for my brother, if someone who is not planning on going out of principal, which I respect would be willing to pass theirs onto me, I would be quite happy to make a donation to a charity of their choice in their name.

I drove down to the Hammer for that game as well. My buddy and I were among the 1000 or so Argo fans that were completely outnumbered by the Hamilton faithful cheering for the Eskies. Despite the blizzard, the stands were completely full and it was a great game with tons of offense in a classic battle between Flutie and McManus, two of the all time greats.

Oldtimer
10-20-2010, 08:01 AM
NHL = the top ranked hockey league in the world. NBA = the top ranked basketball league in the world. NFL = the top ranked pointyball league in the world.

MLS is currently ranked more like 30, but still, its a point well taken.

ManUtd4ever
10-20-2010, 08:04 AM
I respect the decisions of those who choose to leave their seats empty. I just think that we've already made our point and the message has been received loud and clear by the front office as well as the main stream media. I'm not sure if it will make much of a difference if we protest further or not at this point. Regardless of what transpires at the MLS Cup Final, MLSE is already reeling and desperate to appease the STH base for which renewals have fallen well short of expectations...

Parkdale
10-20-2010, 08:14 AM
5) Go watch a game that will probably be some of the best football we've ever seen at BMO. Plus it's for a REAL prize, between (hopefully) the top two teams in the league.

as much as this sounds like the lines they've been feeding us....

I'm a fan of the sport, and would like to watch a high quality game even if it's 'just to watch' and not to cheer.

H Bomb
10-20-2010, 08:26 AM
5) Go watch a game that will probably be some of the best football we've ever seen at BMO. Plus it's for a REAL prize, between (hopefully) the top two teams in the league.

as much as this sounds like the lines they've been feeding us....

I'm a fan of the sport, and would like to watch a high quality game even if it's 'just to watch' and not to cheer.

dont know why it'll be a "higher quality" that what we normally see. We've seen every team that could play in it already and often 2 "good" teams are better at concelling each other out.

For me I may go, I may not. If I do it'll be quietly, I have no personal interest in the game and see no reason to make any noise other than an occasional clap for good play

FootieChick
10-20-2010, 08:29 AM

I was at the MLS cup with my dad in Seattle last year and it is something worth attending! What an experience. I understand many are not attending due to ML$E, but I can't miss it. If someone wants to sell their ticket - PM me. I need another one. I have a friend coming in from Saskatchewan to see it.

Whether or not Galaxy or NYRB are in the final, the supporters are so friendly and so full of energy - it rubs off on you and will help you be a better supporter for your team. At least that's how I feel.

If you decide not to go, I respect your decision as well. But man you're missing a good time! - no Great time!!!

Parkdale
10-20-2010, 08:30 AM
dont know why it'll be a "higher quality" that what we normally see. We've seen every team that could play in it already and often 2 "good" teams are better at concelling each other out.

take TFC out of the equation, and the overall level of play can't help but rise ;)

really though, it's a final, and from all the MLS cup finals I've watched (5 of them) the games are usually pretty entertaining.

fetajr
10-20-2010, 08:32 AM
gonna scalp that motha fucka

tfcleeds
10-20-2010, 09:00 AM
I just personally can't be arsed to see two teams I either a) don't care about, or b) hate. Especially seeing one of them lift a trophy at BMO. However, I understand completely if many people still want to go - all the more power to you and enjoy the game. After all, you paid for a ticket.

flatpicker
10-20-2010, 09:24 AM
I'll be going, and hopefully it will be an entertaining match (fingers crossed it doesn't involve Columbus).

We all have done a very good job of voicing our concerns to MLSE.
The whole league is aware of our feelings.
I'm not sure that it's necessary to use the MLS Cup as a venue for staging a protest against MLSE.
By all means, wear green... Lord knows there isn't much reason to wear red!... so might as well.
I just don't think there is much more we can do to get our point across.
I think we have done our part, and now it's a matter of waiting as seeing how the bigwigs react.

ExiledRed
10-20-2010, 09:42 AM
Personally, I want the supporters of the teams who make it to attend, and I want it to be packed. I dont want to give the anti-soccer crowd ammo, not a single bullet.

The north and south end tickets should not be available to us, period. These should be given to the clubs who make the final, to distribute to their SSH, along with organised transport and everything else it takes to get their supporters up to BMO.

When this bombs, we'll be blamed for ruining the final, when the truth is, we shouldnt even be involved.

bgnewf
10-20-2010, 09:45 AM
Toronto FC has marketed itself as a club and it has marketed the experience at the stadium. They have hardly ever marketed the league or brand of Major League Soccer.

And it is going to come back and kick them in the ass.

Oldtimer
10-20-2010, 09:48 AM
No point in protesting this game.

It's an MLS event. Most of the cash will be going to the league. It's not like failing to show up will change things in ML$E-land.

I'll either be going or sell my ticket to an American.

Boris
10-20-2010, 09:49 AM
Toronto FC has marketed itself as a club and it has marketed the experience at the stadium. They have hardly ever marketed the league or brand of Major League Soccer.

And it is going to come back and kick them in the ass.

MLS is doing the same....

SuperTCP
10-20-2010, 10:14 AM
I was planning on purchasing tickets and attending when I found out we were awarded the Final, regardless of who was in, way back when.

But ML$E's decision to force it upon everyone has put a dark cloud over the whole thing. Now I am undecided, probably will go, but ML$E sucked the excitiment out of the event.

reggie
10-20-2010, 10:15 AM
im a fan of futbol...im going.
remember jus 4 yrs ago we had no team,no stadium,no supporters groups,and no wingers(we still dont have any wingers).
people im pissed about ticket prices also,jus dont renew if yr not happy.
can we please move on.

ExiledRed
10-20-2010, 10:21 AM
im a fan of futbol...im going.
remember jus 4 yrs ago we had no team,no stadium,no supporters groups,and no wingers(we still dont have any wingers).
people im pissed about ticket prices also,jus dont renew if yr not happy.
can we please move on.

Im a football fan too.

Im not going.

Can someone tell me why being a football fan means I should be obligated to watch a rival team lift a trophy in my teams stadium?

Parkdale
10-20-2010, 10:27 AM
Im a football fan too.

Im not going.

Can someone tell me why being a football fan means I should be obligated to watch a rival team lift a trophy in my teams stadium?

I don't think anyone here agrees with the 'obligated to go' part of it.
If it was an optional game, the whole thing would be a different issue.

tfcleeds
10-20-2010, 10:32 AM
Personally, I want the supporters of the teams who make it to attend, and I want it to be packed. I dont want to give the anti-soccer crowd ammo, not a single bullet.

The north and south end tickets should not be available to us, period. These should be given to the clubs who make the final, to distribute to their SSH, along with organised transport and everything else it takes to get their supporters up to BMO.

When this bombs, we'll be blamed for ruining the final, when the truth is, we shouldnt even be involved.

Interesting point about the north/south end tickets - might as well have people who actually give a toss about supporting either participating team in the supporters sections/behind the goals.

As for the "anti-soccer" crowd, I could care less about what they think.

dupont
10-20-2010, 10:36 AM
I am going simply because I really want to go. I've wanted to attend this game ever since they announced it. I watch every MLS Cup game on TV anyways so why would I skip my chance to go in real life?
I totally respect those who choose not to go though.

reggie
10-20-2010, 10:43 AM
Im a football fan too.

Im not going.

i understand if yr not going...
all im saying is that i love futbol..i will go watch any kind of futbol.

maximo_rpd
10-20-2010, 10:51 AM
gonna scalp that motha fucka

Yah - good luck with that one eh?

You will be competing with several thousand other TFC fans that couldn't give two cents about freezing their ass off to see Columbus play in our stadium. On top of that, ML$E has many, many thousands of Cup tickets to dump on the market at the last minute. On top of that, you are trying to get rid of a single ticket??? You ain't even going to get the $6.99 top price offered for Arabe tickets...

You are the only one who is going to get scalped... :hump:

Show your displeasure - Just hang on to your ticket, Go to Joe's on game day, enjoy a few cheap beers and marvel at how warm and toasty you are compared to the smucks who went to BMO!:hump:

tfcleeds
10-20-2010, 10:58 AM
Show your displeasure - Just hang on to your ticket, Go to Joe's on game day, enjoy a few cheap beers and marvel at how warm and toasty you are compared to the smucks who went to BMO!:hump:

Sounds like a good idea to me!

flatpicker
10-20-2010, 11:03 AM
^ Sounds like a pretty silly idea to me!

alex andrew
10-20-2010, 11:06 AM
i will go, i may even buy a jersey, why not ?

exactly, it's futbol, and even if it were a game between firemen from yellowknife and flight attendants from pearson airoport, i'd still go, chose one team, cheer for it and boo the other.

but seriously speaking, i would hate to see toronto fc in the finals, two years from now, somewhere in california or new york, and the stadium being empty, because hey !

toronto ???

30 bucks to see toronto ? etc etc etc...

so i will go for a ) the game itself, and b ) hoping that toronto fc will be playing the finals in a sold out stadium.

Parkdale
10-20-2010, 11:12 AM
I'm planning on smuggling in a thermos.... filled with hot soup!

http://frenchfriestoflaxseeds.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/food3178.jpg

Fort York Redcoat
10-20-2010, 11:14 AM
I'm really torn on this.

I intended to go at the start of the year if attendance was bad because it reflects poor on the city. Civic pride yall. Now with the protests I wan to go moreso to voice my displeasure. I don't really need to see 2 of the competition play and don't believe it may be the best football to watch on the day but in the end it will hinge on what response our owners have before then..

But one things for sure- I'm not sitting on my ticket. Not the way to protest for me.

Workie
10-20-2010, 11:20 AM

+1
:drinking:

Fort York Redcoat
10-20-2010, 11:23 AM
It's funny. When the announcement was made I thought

Well, I guess a lot of fans want to go.

I knew I didn't. Nobody asked me if we should bid for the game in the first place..

tfcleeds
10-20-2010, 11:26 AM
exactly, it's futbol, and even if it were a game between firemen from yellowknife and flight attendants from pearson airoport, i'd still go, chose one team, cheer for it and boo the other.

I'd rather see a game between firemen and flight attendants than see (Columbus, NYRB, LA Galaxy, etc.) lift a trophy at BMO.

jloome
10-20-2010, 11:29 AM

Take five minutes to see how they come up with IIRC rankings and you won't take them very seriously anymore.

And his criticism is valid when you consider it's the top soccer league in North America and will feature the usual gameday hype. His point was the spectacle, not the ranking.

alex andrew
10-20-2010, 11:32 AM
I'd rather see a game between firemen and flight attendants than see (Columbus, NYRB, LA Galaxy, etc.) lift a trophy at BMO.

lol, lifting and being applauded for 35 minutes, like great opera stars.

i understand, but on the other hand, how will we feel if toronto played on a deserted field, somewher in kansas ?

i'd make it funnier, we decide who to root for, and give a hard time to the others.

at least we'll make friends and keep our fingers crossed thet they'll return the favour.

sometime !

maximo_rpd
10-20-2010, 11:35 AM
but seriously speaking, i would hate to see toronto fc in the finals, two years from now, somewhere in california or new york, and the stadium being empty, because hey !

toronto ???

30 bucks to see toronto ? etc etc etc...

It won't be empty - I will be there!!!:hump:

alex andrew
10-20-2010, 11:37 AM

how will you ? if all the tickets are being fed to the respective season seat holders ?

fetajr
10-20-2010, 12:36 PM
Yah - good luck with that one eh?

You will be competing with several thousand other TFC fans that couldn't give two cents about freezing their ass off to see Columbus play in our stadium. On top of that, ML$E has many, many thousands of Cup tickets to dump on the market at the last minute. On top of that, you are trying to get rid of a single ticket??? You ain't even going to get the $6.99 top price offered for Arabe tickets...

You are the only one who is going to get scalped... :hump:

I'll be in Vegas that weekend - booooyaaaa!!!!

which is why I'll be ebay'ing my tickets...its all speculation as to how demand will be until we're closer to the finals

Parkdale
10-20-2010, 12:38 PM
I'll be there, just don't mistake my jumping to stay warm for jumping about the game.

Red Rat
10-20-2010, 12:47 PM
I hope that it snows that day, I will make lots of yellow snow balls and tossed them at people

rr

Oldtimer
10-20-2010, 12:55 PM
Outside of hardcore supporters, I expect that most SSHs will attend since they paid for the ticket -- I doubt those who "protest" by staying away will be noticed.

How many SSHs there will be is yet to be determined. The waiting lists are about to be tested.

As has been noted before, ML$E can always fill up the stadium with sponsors, so that it will be full.

Roogsy
10-20-2010, 01:02 PM
I hope that it snows that day, I will make lots of yellow snow balls and tossed them at people

rr

Just wear your lovely "green" jacket...that is punishment enough!

Derko
10-20-2010, 01:18 PM
I had every intention of going when it was announced, I only wish MLSE would have contacted me and given me first refusal to give up MY seats to another patron if I wished not to attend. and in fact It didn't bother me that much that it was going to be included in next year's ticket package, saves me having to go online or line up to get tickets,

Jeffro
10-20-2010, 01:21 PM
I had every intention of going when it was announced, I only wish MLSE would have contacted me and given me first refusal to give up MY seats to another patron if I wished not to attend. and in fact It didn't bother me that much that it was going to be included in next year's ticket package, saves me having to go online or line up to get tickets,

and you get the $60 ticket for $22, something tells me if it wasn't in the package this wouldn't be the case.

Red CB Toronto
10-20-2010, 01:58 PM
and you get the $60 ticket for $22, something tells me if it wasn't in the package this wouldn't be the case.

You are correct, being a light grey seat holder I am paying $21.85 for a ticket that is being sold to the public for $60.00. When you look back at the All-Star game in '08 the South End/Yellow was $24.00 to season seat holders and $70.00 to the public.

trane
10-20-2010, 04:12 PM
The MLS is shite, there will be no top quality football.

There can be no quality football, there is no good football in this league, my hope had been that our club would bring it. They clearly have failed misrebly, and I will not be a puppet to those cakes in MLSE, and watch MY ENEMIES, FEAST IN MY STADIUM. Never. I am sorry that most of you do not see, the insult in all of this.

Since somewere in season two I understood that we were taken for a ride, an we kept on taking it. I will not take it. Many of you will. THIS IS NOT GOOD FOR FOOTY in this city, do not let MLSE fool you.

trane
10-20-2010, 04:14 PM
Yes what I deal I am getting I am paying only 22 dollars to see to of my enemies play for a cup, that at this point my team may never win. What I deal, I can pay to be humiliated in my house. Rape me please MLSE.

maximo_rpd
10-20-2010, 04:25 PM
(http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?p=1154544#post1154544)

Originally Posted by maximo_rpd http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/redbar/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?p=1154597#post1154597)

how will you ? if all the tickets are being fed to the respective season seat holders ?

I will get them from fans who have not been FORCE FED their tickets...

Jeffro
10-20-2010, 04:57 PM
The MLS is shite, there will be no top quality football.

There can be no quality football, there is no good football in this league, my hope had been that our club would bring it. They clearly have failed misrebly, and I will not be a puppet to those cakes in MLSE, and watch MY ENEMIES, FEAST IN MY STADIUM. Never. I am sorry that most of you do not see, the insult in all of this.

Since somewere in season two I understood that we were taken for a ride, an we kept on taking it. I will not take it. Many of you will. THIS IS NOT GOOD FOR FOOTY in this city, do not let MLSE fool you.

If everything is so below you, why do you support Toronto FC? You were expecting "top quality football" when you started supporting TFC?

trane
10-20-2010, 05:33 PM
I support Toronto FC because it is the Toronto Football CLUB, period. I do not support MLSE nor MLS, as you do.

To be honest I am on the edge. I am tiered of this shit, including of the way many of you support this team. I do not understand it. Again I am from a diffrent football tradition.

Jeffro
10-20-2010, 05:50 PM
I support Toronto FC because it is the Toronto Football CLUB, period. I do not support MLSE nor MLS, as you do.

To be honest I am on the edge. I am tiered of this shit, including of the way many of you support this team. I do not understand it. Again I am from a diffrent football tradition.

LOL

Fair enough though, I haven't renewed yet either, and I'm not 100% sure I will, I'm still hoping for further concessions. Trust me, there are MANY things that frustrate me about supporting this club, I sit in 118 for fuck sake.

It's not like I'm in love with the quality of football either, but league wide it's getting better.......... slowly

jazzy
10-20-2010, 06:15 PM
Outside of hardcore supporters, I expect that most SSHs will attend since they paid for the ticket -- I doubt those who "protest" by staying away will be noticed.

How many SSHs there will be is yet to be determined. The waiting lists are about to be tested.

As has been noted before, ML$E can always fill up the stadium with sponsors, so that it will be full.

this is the truth, I have a few solid soccer friends, players, refs for kids etc, and they never follow or are even aware of supporters groups angst......and talking to them, they are actually looking forward to attending the final as they feel it will be an entertaining, high quality game.....agreed for what it's worth.......I have a feeling the MLSE boy's hope the majority of supporters don't even show up, to avoid any conflict

king dave
10-20-2010, 06:17 PM

With you trane.
I love footy and the CSL experience has rejuvinated me as a supporter.
Like I said before; owners, players and supporters all on the same page.
I agree MLS sucks comparitive to other world class leagues but I can live with mediocrity to some degree.
What I can't live with is MLSE.
Can't see this getting better in TO until they are gone and a proper owner who will produce a good product that will produce devoted support, profits and a winning team, is in place.
Until then?
The OTPP thanks you for your continued support.
KD.
*edit - Ooopsy, wrong thread. My bad.

bigbhoy
10-20-2010, 06:23 PM
im gonna sell to crew fans...that way we get random pockets of crew fans amongst TFC fans.
there will be fights breaking out all over the place and the FO will look like idiots

I first read that you would sell to a Crew fan I thought, what a nice gesture. Then seen your idiotic comment after and realized how stupid this is.
Creating havoc is the last thing you want at the MLS Cup Final! If you think security was at all tough this year, just wait until next year. Ruckus at the Cup will prove nothing more than fuel to the fire for next seasons security bulk up.

I would rather sell to a fan of an opposing team that is coming in because I respect the 'fan' and know how important it is to support your team especially those willing to travel as I have traveled to away games.

jazzy
10-20-2010, 06:37 PM
With you trane.
I agree MLS sucks comparitive to other world class leagues but I can live with mediocrity to some degree.
Can't see this getting better in TO until they are gone and a proper owner who will produce a good product that will produce devoted support, profits and a winning team, is in place.
Until then?
KD.

Like the leafs, MLSE will never give up this club, so that is our choice, to live with it and hope for the best or turn our backs....the only way they ever sell any money making machine, is at a highly inflated price.....(see trying to get another hockey team in Toronto and how much someone will get raped for it),....and who would ever want to buy a small time pro franchise for what 50 MILL?...or what?......The big $$ boys go for the best...how would someone make any $$ back?....or are they going to do all of this just for our favour??? Right........I'm very pissed about a new love sticking it to me, but you adjust or move on......I've got 1 year left, probably wether they do well or not because I don't really want to pay much more than I am now................but after all unsuccessful relationships too much whining doesn't get you very far and is tiring ........myself included..........

bigred3
10-20-2010, 06:54 PM
I'll be in Boston for the Pats v Colts game :)

flatpicker
10-20-2010, 07:15 PM
I admire those of you who plan on leaving your seats empty for this game, because you are making a tough choice and sticking to it.

But I still think you are crazy!
These are tickets that you paid for, and for what should be a half decent match.

I really feel like we have done a good job of getting our message out already,
Missing out on the final won't do much to further the cause.

ExiledRed
10-20-2010, 07:26 PM
I admire those of you who plan on leaving your seats empty for this game, because you are making a tough choice and sticking to it.

But I still think you are crazy!
These are tickets that you paid for, and for what should be a half decent match.

I really feel like we have done a good job of getting our message out already,
Missing out on the final won't do much to further the cause.

I dont think anybody who's decided not to go believes they are missing out. Who's really mnissing out are the fans of the teams who make the final. They wont get a dedicated section each, will have to scramble for expensive tickets or trust some faceless name from a message board in a different country to forward the ticket in exchange for hard-earned.

flatpicker
10-20-2010, 07:37 PM
I dont think anybody who's decided not to go believes they are missing out. Who's really mnissing out are the fans of the teams who make the final. They wont get a dedicated section each, will have to scramble for expensive tickets or trust some faceless name from a message board in a different country to forward the ticket in exchange for hard-earned.

I understand what you are saying,
But that has nothing to do with us.
TFC fans aren't going to skip the Final because they feel bad for supporters from another city.

In fact, I doubt it would be possible to have dedicated supporter sections for visiting fans even if the front office wanted to.
There just wouldn't be enough time to organize it and get the tickets sold.
Especially considering the travel involved in this league.

Giving TFC fans first crack would have been the only other practical option.

trane
10-20-2010, 07:46 PM
With you trane.
Until then?
KD.
*edit - Ooopsy, wrong thread. My bad.

You know that we see eye to eye on this. I do not expect the MLS to be a first tier league, but I expect solid footy, you should be able to get that at any professional level, EVEN in the CSL, were the tallent is lower, games are enjoyable to watch for me. Why? They try/play hard, they play within systems, they play with tactical inteligence for the most part. It is a slower less athletic game, but it is enjoyable to watch. That is all I expect.

I agree with you about the ownership group, I cannot believe that this ownership group will bring a winning football team to this city, I just cannot see it. I had hoped that in 10 years we would be playing Championship/Serie B level footy, and have a stadium that would hold 40,000 for big games, right now I cannot see it. This is great footy market for North America, the best, MLSE are blowing it. It is sad for me.

mdc 77
10-20-2010, 07:52 PM
If you renew and then decide to boycott the game in protest, wouldn't the better protest have been to not renew?

ExiledRed
10-20-2010, 07:54 PM
I understand what you are saying,
But that has nothing to do with us.
TFC fans aren't going to skip the Final because they feel bad for supporters from another city.

In fact, I doubt it would be possible to have dedicated supporter sections for visiting fans even if the front office wanted to.
There just wouldn't be enough time to organize it and get the tickets sold.
Especially considering the travel involved in this league.

Giving TFC fans first crack would have been the only other practical option.

It would be possible, and there would be enough time, it would just cut their profit margin and require semi-finalist teams to take a risk and begin planning ahead. This is done everywhere else and security is a big reason. Its nonsense to force the fans of two opposing teams to intermingle, it really is. Throwing in a third set of supporters with their own rivalry issues is insanity.

trane
10-20-2010, 07:55 PM
MDC 77, I think you are right, and I think that I will not.

trane
10-20-2010, 07:56 PM
It would be possible, and there would be enough time, it would just cut their profit margin and require semi-finalist teams to take a risk and begin planning ahead. This is done everywhere else and security is a big reason. Its nonsense to force the fans of two opposing teams to intermingle, it really is. Throwing in a third set of supporters with their own rivalry issues is insanity.

Exactly. If I went to the game I would get into a confrontaion fight, it would be a humiliating experience for me.

FluSH
10-20-2010, 08:20 PM
What I would like to do:

Have about 100 of us do Origami with our tickets... in front of Gate 3. and then light them on fire before leaving to the pub.

I was thinking of a Swan... we can call it the Origami Supporters Campaign and contact Guniness World Records for the most simultenously burnt (useless) sports ticket on earth.

http://www.carbonequity.info/vicpeace/images/pcranes.gif

Yes that would be more fun

Detroit_TFC
10-20-2010, 09:05 PM
Aside from the forced purchase issue, it's no different than the all-star game. Go if you want to; if you don't, that's your business. I'm going and I'm pretty sure I'll see a decent game of soccer, even if TFC isn't involved. I watch a lot of soccer that doesn't involve TFC and yet somehow I am able to enjoy it.

tfcleeds
10-20-2010, 09:18 PM
What I would like to do:

Have about 100 of us do Origami with our tickets... in front of Gate 3. and then light them on fire before leaving to the pub.

I was thinking of a Swan... we can call it the Origami Supporters Campaign and contact Guniness World Records for the most simultenously burnt (useless) sports ticket on earth.

http://www.carbonequity.info/vicpeace/images/pcranes.gif

Yes that would be more fun

Hahaha, love it!

Hey, I respect those who want to see the match because a) they paid for it after all, or b) they want to see what hopefully will be a good footy exhibition. But for me personally, what on earth is the point of seeing a match at BMO that doesn't involve TFC or Canada, and more than likely, will see one of our bitterest rivals be showered in glory. To that, I say, no thanks.

Again, don't get me wrong. To each their own, and to those that do go, I hope you enjoy the match.

Oldtimer
10-21-2010, 07:42 AM
We're going to consolidate any further MLS Cup discussion in one thread:

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=25076&page=5