PDA

View Full Version : Garber "implores" attendance for MLS Cup Final

Pages : 1 [2]

trane
10-22-2010, 10:40 AM
^ Listen you can be smug, that is what pasive aggrsive people like love to do. I like most supporters around the world would be am angry at the shit that we have been fed.

You can go and get your "ALLY" Don Garber to do something about it.

I smelled this rotten shit the moment so many of our leadership went to the MLS photo op, I did not like any of this MLS cup shit then, I like it less now.

You can ban me from the board, you can no ban me from supporting the way I want. By the way I am a believer in group discipline, unfortunaly group leadership does not believe in that.

Oldtimer
10-22-2010, 10:45 AM
I'm not being smug, I'm being sincere.

It's not a diss. Maybe I misunderstood your point.

You said its a Micky Mouse club. You said you're not renewing.
Am I incorrect in thinking that you're done with TFC?

trane
10-22-2010, 10:47 AM
^ anyway I am not realy angry at anybody either, other then TFC.

Ivan
10-22-2010, 11:07 AM
I think since they're playing here it should be, but I really doubt it will be.

trane
10-22-2010, 11:18 AM
^ WOW, now that is another angle to get angry about.

Oldtimer
10-22-2010, 11:19 AM
by the way, everyone, we won. Maybe not about the cup, but in other ways.

http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=25124

flatpicker
10-22-2010, 11:20 AM
^ I am not renewing. It is not of question of either or, it is both, for me I can afford the rise in prices, so I am not personaly upset about it, BUT raising prices when the product has not improved since season one, is being raped.

Looks like your price concerns have been addressed.
So will you now renew tickets?

trane
10-22-2010, 11:28 AM
^ You are an agent of the devil.

As I said for me the rise in prices does not address the decifency in the FO.

I do not know right now I am just pissed off. The MLS cup ticket realy pisses me off, as does the continued shite on the field realy pisses me off.

trane
10-22-2010, 11:31 AM
I am realy pissed. I have been pissed for the most part since. The last years New York massacre.

But I will have to think about the last e-mail from the MLSE.

Wull
10-22-2010, 11:32 AM
After all of that today, they've gone and fixed it, guess I'll be selling my ticket at face value now

Wull
10-22-2010, 11:33 AM

I do not know right now I am just pissed off. The MLS cup ticket realy pisses me off, as does the continued shite on the field realy pisses me off.

the free home opener offsets the mls cup ticket for me

ExiledRed
10-22-2010, 11:41 AM
Id much rather see a concerted effort amongst those who arent going, to get the tickets to the appropriate fans.

This is something MLSE and MLS should be working together on, without our involvement, but the lazy bastards just palmed it off to us.

I would seriously like to see organised support in dedicated areas for both sets of fans at the MLS cup final, instead of seeing a small number of them scattered around the stadium while Toronto fans with no real unified agenda are taking up the space.

Beach_Red
10-22-2010, 11:59 AM

Yeah, that's really the issue. Right now there's no reason to buy 15 or 18 or 20 tickets for next season. If they hire someone who puts together a proper front office and then a proper team there'll be plenty of time to buy tickets before the season starts. Maybe they'll be ten dollars more, it won't be a big deal.

But so far I haven't seen anything that makes me want to give this organization money right now. How long has it been now since the GM and Coach were fired and they said they'd hire a consultant to find a new manager?

I guess you either have faith that they'll do it or you don't. Because the problems with this team can be easily solved with money, I don't understand the delay.

Borga
10-22-2010, 12:34 PM
Okay, now that MLSE has made some concessions, does it change anyone's opinion about attending or not attending this game?

Personally, I think since MLSE has extended an olive branch (willingly or not) that people should make the effort to attend the game, or get your tickets to someone who will. Shaming MLSE in front of MLS doesn't serve any more purpose, IMO.

trane
10-22-2010, 12:36 PM
Yeah, that's really the issue. Right now there's no reason to buy 15 or 18 or 20 tickets for next season. If they hire someone who puts together a proper front office and then a proper team there'll be plenty of time to buy tickets before the season starts. Maybe they'll be ten dollars more, it won't be a big deal.

But so far I haven't seen anything that makes me want to give this organization money right now. How long has it been now since the GM and Coach were fired and they said they'd hire a consultant to find a new manager?

I guess you either have faith that they'll do it or you don't. Because the problems with this team can be easily solved with money, I don't understand the delay.

I am with you, and i have no reason to have any faith that they will do it.

DangerRed
10-22-2010, 12:37 PM
^My opinion has shifted 100%. The free opener cancels out the MLS Cup bullshit and the other concessions are more than adequate.

I'm picking up a pair of seasons if they're offered to me and I'll either attend the Cup (very likely if it goes LA v NY) or sell on the ticket to someone who wants to go.

Hats of to MLSE this day for listening to the fans and acting beyond just mere lipservice.

Phil
10-22-2010, 12:39 PM
I think since they're playing here it should be, but I really doubt it will be.

They are playing the anthem. 100% no worries there.

trane
10-22-2010, 12:40 PM
^ As for the price issue, they did address our concenr no doubt. I will give them that.

Technorgasm
10-22-2010, 12:59 PM
If I paid. Im going,.

Im proud its her.
just like when we hosted teh All star game. . .. . toronto Rocks. I dont look at it as an MLSE thing

I look at iot as a CITY thing.

THANKS PANTALONE! (for BMO)

Jeffro
10-22-2010, 01:03 PM
I think he means that if someone is going to the MLS Cup that maybe it's time they stop posting in this thread and move to another.

This thread should be left to those that are not going and want to discuss what they are doing.

LOOOOL, I do believe the title of this thread is about imploring attendance :facepalm:

james
10-25-2010, 09:19 AM
I still feal ripped off. Even with the TFC new email saying we get a free season opener and if you renew now you wont have to pay a ticket increase in 2012. I think it sounds better then it really is. First off its not really a free game.....we still are paying for a game we dont want...the MLS cup, and we still are paying more money for the season then we did in 2009. A real free deal would be dont include the MLS Cup in the season ticket package plus dont charge us for the 2011 home opener.

And also saying buy now and we wont raise prices in 2012 is just a scheme to get fans to buy up tickets as fast as possible since we are behind in sales now. As things are i think TFC have pretty much reached the maximum level they can raise prices and still have people buy them.

Oldtimer
10-25-2010, 09:48 AM
Actually, unless you are in the south end, you will be paying less per game for 2011.

james
10-25-2010, 10:00 AM
Actually, unless you are in the south end, you will be paying less per game for 2011.

ya im in the south end and my ticket is higher.

Jeffro
10-25-2010, 11:29 AM
I still feal ripped off. Even with the TFC new email saying we get a free season opener and if you renew now you wont have to pay a ticket increase in 2012. I think it sounds better then it really is. First off its not really a free game.....we still are paying for a game we dont want...the MLS cup, and we still are paying more money for the season then we did in 2009. A real free deal would be dont include the MLS Cup in the season ticket package plus dont charge us for the 2011 home opener.

And also saying buy now and we wont raise prices in 2012 is just a scheme to get fans to buy up tickets as fast as possible since we are behind in sales now. As things are i think TFC have pretty much reached the maximum level they can raise prices and still have people buy them.

First game is free, you want that ticket. MLS cup is included, you don't want it included. Pretend that your paying the home opener and the MLS cup is free. There is no difference. They were never going to devalue the mls cup ticket, and they need to guarantee a sell out.