PDA

View Full Version : ALL for ONE - what i learned last night (for non SSH's)

__wowza
10-19-2010, 11:31 AM
last night, tom aslemni was asked about a price freeze.
he mentioned that they were looking into a possible price freeze for the next few years in regards to season's tickets. one of the members present yelled out, and i quote, "that's not good enough". he then followed by stating how it should pertain to ALL tickets, not just season tickets. this was echoed by litterally everyone in the room.

MLSE said they were looking to take care of you and you said:
fine, but if you want to do that, then take care of all of us.

i'm not a season seat holder and to know that you boys had my back, had everyone's back (SSH, RPB, non-RPB, casual fan, alike), when MLSE were trying to appease you.. well.. that's what ALL for ONE means.

that makes me proud to be one of the boys.

please don't merge this with another thread.
i just wanted to let everyone know.

cmonyoureds
10-19-2010, 05:42 PM
I am not a SSH, just a Gold list partial pack holder (it's what my budget can/used to be able to afford). I am not a 100% RPB paid member, but have been registered user/hanger on since the early organization stages.

THIS IS THE TYPE OF ACTION/SENTIMENT/COMMUNICATION THAT IS NOTHING BUT A CREDIT AND ADVERTISEMENT FOR THE RPB'S AS A WHOLE.

It adds credibility to the entire protest, and, IMO, legitimizes exactly who you are and what you stand for.

Red Rat
10-19-2010, 06:20 PM
189 views and 1 post

well now 2

Kooper
10-19-2010, 08:38 PM
Tom and Paul actually said that they were going to freeze tickets for SGs only. It would be totally impossible to police or manage. Either they give it to the south end (112-3) and 127 in which case they would be giving a discount anyone (scalpers included) who sits in those seats ignoring those of us who sit in 114 or 109 who still bring it every game. Or they give it to members of the SGs all around the stadium In that case you have two people sitting beside each other who are paying different amounts. I can quickly see that causing a problem between the other season ticket holders and their neighbours.

As a non affilianted season ticket holder it was great to see RPBs standing up for all supporters.

Some wise person suggested that if they offer a price freeze for SGs RPB offers 1$ memberships to anyone and everyone.

gtaguy
10-19-2010, 09:01 PM
our owners are nothing but money hungry whores...

fetajr
10-20-2010, 08:36 AM
our owners are nothing but money hungry whores...

..whores with aids looking to fuck us all

promojosh
10-20-2010, 09:21 AM
I too asked this question on the first town hall session (3rd overall) this past Monday and was quickly shot down by Tom and Paul, both indicating they cannot guarantee anything. They also noted that in the the previous 2 town halls, this ask had been made. I was disappointed to hear their response and to witness their arrogance about this first hand. I was relieved to hear that in the subsequent session (being the 4th at that point) MLSE was in fact considering this as an option for season 6. Good job to everyone who has pushed the issue. And from what I can see in the above post, happy to see the fans; SGs and non-SGs alike standing firm and living the motto of All for One.

Second to that, I'm happy to see all the national and international press coverage relating to this issue as well as Garber's comments on this franchise. In the end, both MLSE and MLS are here to make money and we can't entirely fault them for that. With that said, it's good to see MLS looking at making money in a different way than MLSE. MLS wants our money but also realizes a supportive, ticket-purchasing fan base is MUCH better than just ticket purchasers. I truly hope Garber is pushing the issue with MLSE and keeping the league's interests in mind, one of those interests being the growth of soccer in North America. That is not possible when the fans who bought into a league, highly considered to be rec league to most around the world, are all leaving in droves due to incompetent, greedy management.

If one the "model franchise" starts losing merch and concession revenue and fervent support, I can assure you some of the owners groups pitching new teams will start to freak out. With supportes of the newest teams (both of which are considered "model franchises") up in arms, those groups have something to worry about.

With all the town halls, the All for One mentality of supporters, the press coverage and Garber's comments, I am highly leaning towards renewing for season 5 (keeping a promise to myself that I would be here for at least 5 seasons). It's just a shame that i even had to question that this early on.

Now; who wants and MLS Cup ticket. I'm asking face value + 77% since it seems to be such a hot commidity :puke:

Roogsy
10-20-2010, 09:24 AM
I too asked this question on the first town hall session (3rd overall) this past Monday and was quickly shot down by Tom and Paul, both indicating they cannot guarantee anything. They also noted that in the the previous 2 town halls, this ask had been made. I was disappointed to hear their response and to witness their arrogance about this first hand. I was relieved to hear that in the subsequent session (being the 4th at that point) MLSE was in fact considering this as an option for season 6. Good job to everyone who has pushed the issue. And from what I can see in the above post, happy to see the fans; SGs and non-SGs alike standing firm and living the motto of All for One.

Exactly! The constant pressure is what helped them realize that a change in their position was needed. Now that they see it, let's hope they DO it. But there definitely has been a change from their initial position to the one that they are voicing at these townhalls lately. That is an encouraging sign.

As for "all for one" it has not always been the case in the stands, but all it takes is a common enemy to unite people. I hope people learn the power that unity creates and that we have more unified efforts in support of TFC in the years to come. Hopefully, more positive ones.

Parkdale
10-20-2010, 09:29 AM
everyone knows that putting a price freeze on supporters groups exclusively will hurt us and the club. that or we'd end up with 17,000 new members next year.

The goal should be simply Prize Freeze for every seat at BMO

Roogsy
10-20-2010, 09:36 AM
everyone knows that putting a price freeze on supporters groups exclusively will hurt us and the club. that or we'd end up with 17,000 new members next year.

The goal should be simply Prize Freeze for every seat at BMO

Maybe we should all put that in our sigs?

J .
10-20-2010, 10:08 AM
Id prefer they made the south end a general admission, removed the seats and put in bleachers

fetajr
10-20-2010, 10:31 AM
Id prefer they made the south end a general admission, removed the seats and put in bleachers

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH.. me too!

p170mCnL0mM