PDA

View Full Version : Letter to my rep

Canadian Blue
10-19-2010, 10:34 AM
Laura.....on my renewal invoice it shows that I am paying for a 2010 playoff game, I am a little confused by this since TFC did not make the playoffs yet again. What exactly is this cost for? Some have said it is for the MLS Cup, I hope this is not the case as I do not plan on attending that game since I bought tickets to watch TFC play and they obviously will not be in the MLS Cup.
As an additional comment, I tried to call to speak with you directly at 1125am on Tuesday Oct. 19th but the company recording told me that you are closed as your normal business hours are 9am-5pm Monday-Friday. Seems as though the poor quality is not only on the field these days

JUST THOUGHT THE LAST BIT WAS FUNNY SO I DECIDED TO SHARE

prizby
10-19-2010, 10:39 AM
i don't get it?

Wagner
10-19-2010, 10:42 AM
are you referring to your printed hardcopy invoice?
have you checked your online one in your account manager?

ExiledRed
10-19-2010, 10:48 AM
Laura's a sweetheart, be nice.

Pookie
10-19-2010, 10:59 AM
Laura is excellent. She helped managed a tricky group ticket situation for me eariler this year. Very proactive, took responsibility and offered solutions.

Another shout out (is that what you crazy kids say?) to Katelyn with the Game Day crew. Equally customer focused.

Top quality, IMO.

Roogsy
10-19-2010, 11:00 AM
The front-line reps are not to blame in all of this.

grizzle
10-19-2010, 11:04 AM
Laura.....on my renewal invoice it shows that I am paying for a 2010 playoff game, I am a little confused by this since TFC did not make the playoffs yet again. What exactly is this cost for? Some have said it is for the MLS Cup, I hope this is not the case as I do not plan on attending that game since I bought tickets to watch TFC play and they obviously will not be in the MLS Cup.
As an additional comment, I tried to call to speak with you directly at 1125am on Tuesday Oct. 19th but the company recording told me that you are closed as your normal business hours are 9am-5pm Monday-Friday. Seems as though the poor quality is not only on the field these days

JUST THOUGHT THE LAST BIT WAS FUNNY SO I DECIDED TO SHARE

Wow, you are complaining that she stepped away from her desk and didn't answer your call or maybe was on another call. I think taking your issues with the team out on some ticket rep is a pretty douchebag move. The world must owe you a lot.

colman1860
10-19-2010, 11:09 AM
Perhaps not the greatest humour I've ever seen...

Globetrotter
10-19-2010, 11:25 AM
Thread humor fail. Bet he didn't expect this feedback!

What would be funny is if Laura sent him an email with a link to this thread :D

Kooper
10-19-2010, 11:58 AM
The front-line reps are not to blame in all of this.

They have had to deal with a lot of shit the last few weeks. My rep Greig has been really good over the last few years. I just hope that if renewal rates are as low as we think we don't lose them.

Parkdale
10-19-2010, 12:32 PM
I feel bad for the reps.

they take all the heat from the customers for decisions that are made well above them, AND there's nothing they can do to appease their customers. Tough spot.

Kooper
10-19-2010, 12:36 PM
I feel bad for the reps.

they take all the heat from the customers for decisions that are made well above them, AND there's nothing they can do to appease their customers. Tough spot.

Agreed it's not like they can give us free air miles if our flight were delayed or refund our lunch if there is a hair in it. They are in an all or nothing situation.

SuperTCP
10-19-2010, 12:36 PM
The reps get the short end of the stick every year during renewal time, especially when they try to sell off those ransom packs. And now they have to deal with the price increases, complaints over MLS Cup, people telling them where to go when asked to renew. MLSE is sure asking a lot from these reps, especially with the stupid shit they are doing this year.

__wowza
10-19-2010, 12:43 PM
The reps get the short end of the stick every year during renewal time, especially when they try to sell off those ransom packs. And now they have to deal with the price increases, complaints over MLS Cup, people telling them where to go when asked to renew. MLSE is sure asking a lot from these reps, especially with the stupid shit they are doing this year.

i really hope there's not a quota they have to fill.
i work phones in customer service and it's hard shit, especially when someone calls in with an axe to grind about something that isn't my fault.

be nice to these folks.

WestStandGeoff
10-19-2010, 01:02 PM
Wow, you are complaining that she stepped away from her desk and didn't answer your call or maybe was on another call. I think taking your issues with the team out on some ticket rep is a pretty douchebag move. The world must owe you a lot.

He pointed out that although he's calling mid-day on a Tuesday, the recording said that the office is closed and to call back during regular business hours... and his call was right in the middle of the regular business hours they list. General outgoing messages like that are usually controlled by the main switchboard operator, not the owner of the individual extension.

To be fair, I don't see it as him taking it out on the rep. I would agree with you if he was attacking her personal outgoing message, but that's not the case here. He's making a joke (funny or not) about the extent of the problems at the club.

backbeat
10-19-2010, 01:15 PM
I agree - he's not attacking the rep rather just making a point about the the message

also there is nothing wrong with him pointing out that we didn't make the playoffs, yet again and suggesting that he shouldn't be billed for a playoff game - nothing wrong with that at all imo!! in fact i agree as do the majority on these boards.

this group loves to attack people....

Roogsy
10-19-2010, 01:32 PM
I agree - he's not attacking the rep rather just making a point about the the message

also there is nothing wrong with him pointing out that we didn't make the playoffs, yet again and suggesting that he shouldn't be billed for a playoff game - nothing wrong with that at all imo!! in fact i agree as do the majority on these boards.

this group loves to attack people....

I think most people don't have a problem with his message until they reached this part, which I know I personally saw as directed to Laura, who from what I understand is a very good rep.

You wouldn't expect Laura to take this as a comment on her performance personally? CB may or may not be referring to her or the company, she doesn't know for certain so she may understand it as being directed at her and if it is, that is what people are objecting to that's all.

H Bomb
10-19-2010, 01:39 PM
I briefly spoke to one last night as he sat down for the meeting. he looked tired. I mentioned how i'm sure he's been dealing with "stuff" and he mentioned that they've been taking calls all day and been there at the meetings til 9 each night. These are the good people at TFC. The only ones i know of.....and Malcolm :D

RicoSuave44
10-19-2010, 03:18 PM
jesus f**k im disagreeing with everyone today. while i generally agree that it's not the reps fault for our issues, they are still OUR (SSH) REPS. Who else are we supposed we give our nasty feedback to? They took the job with MLSE, it comes with the job responsibilites. We should be giving these people as much flak as possible. It WILL make an impact.

As someone who is a bartender/server it amazes me how different people deal with customer service. In restaurants, some people believe that they must be as difficult and as rude as possible to get good service. Or they just don't realize they're behaving like assholes. Their steak gets overcooked and they act like you personally tried to ruin their life, even though you aren't at fault. You have to suck up the blame for the whole business. It's part of the industry. Having said that, if they cross the line I'm usually not afraid to let them know it. You need thick skin, tact, humour and persuasion in my line of work. Same goes for these ticket reps. They've had 3 successful years. Let's not make it so easy for them this fall.

Graham

Carts
10-19-2010, 03:32 PM
jesus f**k im disagreeing with everyone today. while i generally agree that it's not the reps fault for our issues, they are still OUR (SSH) REPS. Who else are we supposed we give our nasty feedback to? They took the job with MLSE, it comes with the job responsibilites. We should be giving these people as much flak as possible. It WILL make an impact.

As someone who is a bartender/server it amazes me how different people deal with customer service. In restaurants, some people believe that they must be as difficult and as rude as possible to get good service. Or they just don't realize they're behaving like assholes. Their steak gets overcooked and they act like you personally tried to ruin their life, even though you aren't at fault. You have to suck up the blame for the whole business. It's part of the industry. Having said that, if they cross the line I'm usually not afraid to let them know it. You need thick skin, tact, humour and persuasion in my line of work. Same goes for these ticket reps. They've had 3 successful years. Let's not make it so easy for them this fall.

Graham

I think what people are trying to get across is that there is a right way and a wrong way to voice your displeasure...

On the phone, you can politely, yet firmly tell them "I'm not happy" and the reasons why... If you do it like that, your rep will listen...

However there is a wrong way, that being people calling up and saying "...listen you bloodsucking whore I'm getting ripped off..." That will not only get you NOWHERE, there's no reason to be rude or disrespectful to someone in this environment...

You should voice displeasure to your rep - but in a proper manner. Doing it like that is more likely for your feedback, aka displeasure , make its way up the ladder...

Carts...

tfcleeds
10-19-2010, 03:53 PM
"...listen you bloodsucking whore I'm getting ripped off..."

I should remember that phrase the next time I get a poorly poured pint...;)

mike_bouma
10-19-2010, 03:55 PM
... or getting your blood sucked.

Pookie
10-19-2010, 03:55 PM
^ or when my wife buys a new "Coach" purse?

How come women need purses every g'damned few weeks?

Gixmo
10-19-2010, 11:11 PM
^ or when my wife buys a new "Coach" purse?

How come women need purses every g'damned few weeks?

Sexual Dissatisfaction ?

:D

DichioTFC
10-19-2010, 11:21 PM

JUST THOUGHT YOU WOULD ALL LIKE TO KNOW HOW MUCH OF A DOUCHEBAG I AM SO I DECIDED TO SHARE

/fixed