PDA

View Full Version : North End Seating

Rudy
10-18-2010, 08:04 PM
Can someone explain to me why seats in the north end cost more than double those of the south end, considering they have the same view of the field?
Thanks for any info...

kaos197O
10-18-2010, 08:10 PM
Can someone explain to me why seats in the north end cost more than double those of the south end, considering they have the same view of the field?
Thanks for any info...
The seats fold up and have cup holders. That's worth $25 a game more NO?

Red Rat
10-18-2010, 08:13 PM
Because ML$E says so, so it shall be.

close thread

arbogast
10-18-2010, 08:24 PM
Thanks for any info...

because they mis priced the stadium in year one.

Beach_Red
10-18-2010, 08:31 PM
because they mis priced the stadium in year one.

Yes, that's right, they underestimated the demand in year one. Now they're overestimating the demand.

They thought the waiting list was real.

Auzzy
10-18-2010, 08:37 PM
I do think the view of the field is better in the north end: the seats start high and close to the pitch, and rise steeply. I thought the 2010 North End prices, equal to Medium Gray, weren't too bad. And they weren't more than double the south end: $26/40 for regular games & $40/$51 for pseudo-premium games

I think the North End prices for 2011 are totally nuts. They jumped 27.5% per game: $51 for a regular games & $61 for """premium""" games. It's probably related to selling North End seasons tickets for the first time. None of those SSH will be straight renewals: they will either be first-time SSH'ers that the FO think they should really milk, or others that might be happy to downgrade from red or dark grey. So they probably figured, really bump up those prices since it's not an obvious price increase for people that are renewing the same seasons package as in previous years. Then they set the prices for the remaining single tickets in the North End accordingly.

RedRum
10-18-2010, 08:40 PM
Thanks for any info...

LMAO... last year you came on here looking for positive re-enforcement from people regarding your foolish decision to buy fieldside table seats at a rediculous price, hoping that you could switch to something cheaper this year.

This year comes along and you are thinking of getting scammed again - buying tickets more than double the price of the south end with no view of the scoreboard.

I told you last year and I will say it again: dont bother. There is NO BENEFIT to owning a season seat. Tickets are plentiful anytime you need them, not to mention if you do renew you will have a hard time re-selling even at cost to someone else for games you cant make. Scalpers this year were selling outside the stadium for rock bottom prices all season, even as low as $10 at times. Chalk it up to experience and walk away.

Red Rat
10-18-2010, 08:42 PM
LMAO... last year you came on here looking for positive re-enforcement from people regarding your foolish decision to buy fieldside table seats at a rediculous price, hoping that you could switch to something cheaper this year.

This year comes along and you are thinking of getting scammed again - buying tickets more than double the price of the south end with no view of the scoreboard.

I told you last year and I will say it again: dont bother. There is NO BENEFIT to owning a season seat. Tickets are plentiful anytime you need them, not to mention if you do renew you will have a hard time re-selling even at cost to someone else for games you cant make. Scalpers this year were selling outside the stadium for rock bottom prices all season, even as low as $10 at times. Chalk it up to experience and walk away.

hahahahaaaa

Sonny Cheeba
10-18-2010, 09:23 PM

i love you redrum

Rudy
10-18-2010, 09:30 PM

Buddy, do you have any idea how many people are paying good $$ for reds and greys? thousands of people...

SirBobSaget
10-18-2010, 09:38 PM
The field view from North end is much better than from south, sitting first row feels like your right over the crossbar. And even though the scoreboard is behind I can turn around and get a way better idea of replays then from the south (cant make out anything going on in video from out there). Seats are much nicer and of course the lovely cup holders. All in all game-watching wise its much more comfortable than south. 25$ more? of course not, unless maybe if you can secure 132 1st row and low seat number (aka front and centre)

Mikey
10-19-2010, 07:37 AM
The North End prices set the level for the South End to be increased in line with over the next few seasons.

james
10-19-2010, 07:37 AM
As everyone knows North Stand tickets should be made as a supporters end at the same price as South End tickets.

And all tickets should be lowered to what they cost in 2007 or 2008. 2010 was over piced. A price freeze isnt enough to make me wanna renew my tickets.

Fort York Redcoat
10-19-2010, 07:42 AM

Disagree. I like having a ticket to every game in the same spot and not helping the scum of the earth scalpers with their racket. I'm assuming you mean for the OP to get tickets from supporters at cost, right?

DangerRed
10-19-2010, 08:02 AM
Buddy, do you have any idea how many people are paying good $$ for reds and greys? thousands of people...

Buddy, do you know how many people pay good $$ for crack? thousands of people... Does it mean you should do it too?

LOL -- How can you complain about performance on one hand, and then turn around and give MLSE an interest-free loan for a year.

Aside from sitting in the same seat every year, there are NO benefits to buying season tickets and there will be fewer yet next year, when the market is awash with them.

Enjoy the North end!

Beach_Red
10-19-2010, 08:07 AM
Disagree. I like having a ticket to every game in the same spot and not helping the scum of the earth scalpers with their racket. I'm assuming you mean for the OP to get tickets from supporters at cost, right?

No, he means next year there will be plenty of tickets available, just like there are for Blue Jays and Argos games, right up to game time.

prizby
10-19-2010, 08:12 AM
i believe you get cup holders

nfitz
10-19-2010, 08:14 AM
As everyone knows North Stand tickets should be made as a supporters end at the same price as South End tickets.With the elevation, the seats are significantly better than the south end.

Not worth double the cost ... $921 for seasons compared to $395.

grizzle
10-19-2010, 09:31 AM
Because when MLS added that section they thought they still had the demand of earlier years. After a season of struggling to fill that section, they have probably realized that the demand was much less than they thought. Now, instead of keeping this section to use to sell single game tickets, they will try to use their alleged "massive waiting list" to fill it. Even if this list is real, they should remember that many of these people signed up for the list when the prices were cheaper and most likely in hopes of getting tickets in the supporters sections so given the increases over the past few years, you can probably instantly cut about 75% of people off that list. This does not even take into consideration the people that they pissed off on their "exclusive" gold list by selling them Marlies ransome packages. Does this mean they will come to their senses and lower the north end seating? I doubt it, but let them dig their own grave.

Pookie
10-19-2010, 10:57 AM
Anyone considering buying a seat in the North End should consider that it appears that this behind the goal non-supporter section is the most expensive behind the goal non-supporter section in all of MLS.

If you are offered seats here, bring that point forward.

RedRum
10-19-2010, 12:26 PM
i love you redrum. PAUSE

Fixed :D

Stryker
10-19-2010, 12:31 PM
Thanks for any info...
If you want to continue to see a winning top teir team like we've been treated to this season you have to expect to pay these higher prices...

:picard: