PDA

View Full Version : Today's News,Monday,Oct.18

denime
10-18-2010, 05:16 AM
Mornin'

Toronto FC rebuilding begins again (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/soccer/toronto-fc-rebuilding-begins-again/article1761136/)

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshinegirl/)_:yum:_:hump:_:D

_

Ossington Mental Youth
10-18-2010, 06:40 AM
saw a poll on tv with Brennan and Lalas included. I will kill myself if either one of these two are even considered for GM.

FluSH
10-18-2010, 07:16 AM
saw a poll on tv with Brennan and Lalas included. I will kill myself if either one of these two are even considered for GM.

count me in... it would be like someone stabbing me!

yellowfellow
10-18-2010, 07:38 AM
Why is Lalas in the picture? Is he our consultant?

Oldtimer
10-18-2010, 07:47 AM
Lalas? Nnnnooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

menefreghista
10-18-2010, 07:57 AM
In his report of the game, Gareth Wheeler speculated that Barry McLean might be one of the consultants.

I hope that isn't the case.

DichioTFC
10-18-2010, 08:03 AM
Lalas put something in perspective in that article. As quickly as a team can drop in this league, they can just as quickly move up to the top of the rankings and have a culture of winning.

RSL did it. NYRB did it. Let's be fair, we were on the verge of it last season. We have a great core; all we need to do are fill the holes (as gaping as they may, its still possible), cut the waste (Garcia, Saric, Hscanovics, etc.), bring in quality young workmanlike players (the Gargans of the soccer world) and channel the locker room harmony into one of confidence and winning (I get the feeling the boys will be as happy with winning as we are).

As this season comes to a close, as people jump off the bandwagon, I can't help but be optimistic. I know I sound like an idiot, but starting with the draft, we truly could see TFC v2.0

BakaGaijin
10-18-2010, 08:06 AM
In his report of the game, Gareth Wheeler speculated that Barry McLean might be one of the consultants.

Seconded.

He is the same consultant who brought us Marco Reda and Adam Braz.

Thanks Barry!

:facepalm:

Oldtimer
10-18-2010, 08:15 AM
As this season comes to a close, as people jump off the bandwagon, I can't help but be optimistic. I know I sound like an idiot, but starting with the draft, we truly could see TFC v2.0

:lol:

Don't leave yourself so wide open to a slinger!!! :lol:

DichioTFC
10-18-2010, 08:17 AM
^ :lol: Someone was bound to take a shot at my comment anyways for being optimistic, just leaving the opportunity out there.

Anyone? ...anyone? ...Bueller?

The Professor
10-18-2010, 08:53 AM
Make sure you see the print edition of the Globe today for the great photo of 112 published with the article.

Ossington Mental Youth
10-18-2010, 09:39 AM

I fucking hope not, ill have lost all faith in everything if that is the case. As if we havent learned enough from dealing with this man through Mo.

mastermixer
10-18-2010, 01:43 PM
Jason Davis optomistic take on our season... pretty good read.

http://www.matchfitusa.com/2010/10/rsl-turnaround-gives-tfc-hope.html

A Stick
10-18-2010, 03:32 PM

I saw Barry McLean at half time walking around the pitch like he still owned the place. :facepalm:

TFCRegina
10-18-2010, 08:30 PM

Lalas probably tops the shortlist. :facepalm:

TFCRegina
10-18-2010, 08:32 PM
Lalas? Nnnnooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WWaLxFIVX1s

[NBF]
10-18-2010, 10:53 PM
Is this an old headline???

:scarf: = :deadhorse:

The reason we kept rebuilding was because Mo Johnston was scared to be fired at the end of every year, and he wasnt fired because the team wasn't going to be relegated or about to lose fan attendance. Who ever thought that TFC wouldn't make any changes in management until the fans turned on the team, you deserve a pat in the back because you know MLSE like a true fan who's suffered.

Keystone FC
10-19-2010, 05:13 AM
Lalas put something in perspective in that article. As quickly as a team can drop in this league, they can just as quickly move up to the top of the rankings and have a culture of winning.

RSL did it. NYRB did it. Let's be fair, we were on the verge of it last season. We have a great core; all we need to do are fill the holes (as gaping as they may, its still possible), cut the waste (Garcia, Saric, Hscanovics, etc.), bring in quality young workmanlike players (the Gargans of the soccer world) and channel the locker room harmony into one of confidence and winning (I get the feeling the boys will be as happy with winning as we are).

I have to agree. If you look at some of these clubs (especially the originals) who have been around for awhile they still have yet to win a Cup or any type of serious hardware. Here we are in our 4th season and some sound like the club is either folding or moving to another city.
I know our supporters are a very knowledgeable sort and have followed or grown up with English and European clubs all of their life, but this is still a new club in a very young league in which anything can happen. Hell, if the Red Bulls of New York can win the Western Conference title ANYTHING can happen.

DichioTFC
10-19-2010, 05:53 AM
I have to agree. If you look at some of these clubs (especially the originals) who have been around for awhile they still have yet to win a Cup or any type of serious hardware. Here we are in our 4th season and some sound like the club is either folding or moving to another city.
I know our supporters are a very knowledgeable sort and have followed or grown up with English and European clubs all of their life, but this is still a new club in a very young league in which anything can happen. Hell, if the Red Bulls of New York can win the Western Conference title ANYTHING can happen.

Exactly. If RSL can go from squeaking into the playoffs to champion, anything is possible.

To me, the season is ending. There were good times and bad. But starting Sunday, its time to move on and focus on the the draft and the upcoming team. To those who choose not to renew, I really hope you find your way back in to the stands at least a few times next season. I just hope, for your guys' sake, you don't make a decision you'll ultimately regret.

Principles, disappointment and anger are all fair arguments, but to have season tickets from Day One only to drop them four years later... like I said, I just hope those who choose not to renew don't regret their decision.

It'll be the first off season without Mo. The FO has taken notice of our concerns and know they're being held accountable by us and the media. Really good things could come out of next season.