PDA

View Full Version : Angel

canadian_bhoy
10-17-2010, 12:03 PM
He's said he's probably "not" resigning with the NYRBs next season.
At 35 he's definitely getting on, but I think he would be a great choice as TFC's DP. Over the last 4 years he's consistently scored 15 goals a season and he's shown us quite a few times just how good he is (remember his mid-week free kick goal against us in yr 1?).

I think both TFC and JDG know that this isn't working out and it is time for him to move on. Mista probably won't be back either. Let's go out and get a proven scorer. God knows we've waited long enough for one.

MG42
10-17-2010, 12:12 PM
I think he would be a good fit here and you can't argue against his production.

DichioTFC
10-17-2010, 01:15 PM
Daso talked about him on The Soccer Show last week. Not only is Angel going on 36, but he suffers from arthritis as well.

IMO, if we get him for one year, fine. But not longer than that.

boban
10-17-2010, 01:24 PM
He's said he's probably "not" resigning with the NYRBs next season.
At 35 he's definitely getting on, but I think he would be a great choice as TFC's DP. Over the last 4 years he's consistently scored 15 goals a season and he's shown us quite a few times just how good he is (remember his mid-week free kick goal against us in yr 1?).

I think both TFC and JDG know that this isn't working out and it is time for him to move on. Mista probably won't be back either. Let's go out and get a proven scorer. God knows we've waited long enough for one.
We're allowed 3 DP's. If used right JDG would not have to leave and we get Angel.

ExiledRed
10-17-2010, 01:31 PM
new dp signings should be guys on the way out of the top leagues, not guys on their way out of this one. Angel's had his time, I'd put him on Barrett's salary for a year, but that's it.

Beach_Red
10-17-2010, 01:42 PM
new dp signings should be guys on the way out of the top leagues, not guys on their way out of this one. Angel's had his time, I'd put him on Barrett's salary for a year, but that's it.

Exactly. Even after all this noise and protest about the poor running of the team and the high ticket prices we're still setting our sights so low.

This team has had four years of profit, next season they better have three DPs - all of them guys who have played in top leagues. TFC should be signing DPs that put NYRB and LA to shame.

Kooper
10-17-2010, 02:10 PM
Exactly. Even after all this noise and protest about the poor running of the team and the high ticket prices we're still setting our sights so low.

This team has had four years of profit, next season they better have three DPs - all of them guys who have played in top leagues. TFC should be signing DPs that put NYRB and LA to shame.

Maybe this season has made me far too pessimistic but TFC is going to do just enough to get by. I think we will get one new DP, probably a forward and refresh the team yet again with players we have never heard with dubious pedigree. They are going to spend just enough money to make the playoffs with the hopes of shutting us up.

King Tut
10-17-2010, 02:18 PM
I'd definitely take Juan Pablo Angel as a designated player on TFC over the garbage (JDG and Mista) we have right now. Angel is top notch.

ArmenJBX
10-17-2010, 02:34 PM
Yeah, Angel would be awesome, as a non-dp, ala Claudio Lopez. Start as a DP and fizzle out.

Because honestly, if you're out, you gotta take whatever someone's gunna give you. As long as we beat other teams to the punch, and give him a reasonable offer, there's no reason he shouldn't play for us.

I really want to see Angel in a TFC uniform. He seems more like a Toronto FC kinda guy at the moment than a Red Bull, in any case.

TFC07
10-17-2010, 02:38 PM

Agreed. I hope TFC use their DP on a world class player. Anything less is a huge disappointment for our club.

Think big ftw!

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
10-17-2010, 02:40 PM
I agree sign ANGEL if we can!....

I would still keep JDG around...and axe mista.....tell DERO he's not getting DP money..and if he dosent like it...go make $250 000 elsewhere in MLS..if he even gets that...$450 000 is more then he'll make anywhere!

This team defintly needs a DP STRIKER...ANGEL COULD FIT THE BILL...Id like to see us have 3 DP's next season

Pachuco
10-17-2010, 03:42 PM

And what happens if next year he once again is at the top of the league in scoring? you wouldn't consider re-signing him again?

Why not just say sign him for 1 year and we'll see how it goes? Nobody can claim he's on his way out of this league as long as he keeps performing the way he has year in and year out.

ArmenJBX
10-17-2010, 03:44 PM
Maicon Santos and Angel up front with De Rosario behind is a great combination if you ask me :D

prizby
10-17-2010, 04:03 PM
We are going to need more than an Angel to save this team...take it away Shaggy

XWJrPzAUzAs&ob

swan
10-17-2010, 04:13 PM

i agree

tfc2008
10-17-2010, 04:44 PM
try to find someone in a retired house hello 35years

kaos197O
10-17-2010, 06:43 PM
Angel is making almost $2 million this season and you think he's going to play for non DP money? And even if he did decide to do so, why then wouldn't he stay with a winning team like NYRB. This talk of NON DP status and pay is delusional!

rocker
10-17-2010, 07:06 PM
I think JPA will be looking for more than a 1 year deal. and he'll expect DP money.

I'd be willing to give him a contract at DP money for 1 season, but not beyond that.

Anyhow, I agree with the sentiment that we should do better... get a 32-year-old version of Angel from Europe.

ag futbol
10-17-2010, 07:09 PM
Valid point.

jloome
10-17-2010, 07:42 PM
I'd bet dollars to donuts he's playing for River Plate next season.

Dub Narcotic
10-17-2010, 07:52 PM
I still think at least one, hopefully two, of Owen, Giggs, Del Piero or Scholes should be pursued for next year.

Toronto_Bhoy
10-17-2010, 08:57 PM
As I said to you yesterday C_B...in a heartbeat.

DoubleUp
10-17-2010, 09:07 PM
Maicon Santos and Angel up front with De Rosario behind is a great combination if you ask me :D

Imo Santos is a better Attacking mid than Dero.

Yohan
10-17-2010, 09:25 PM
lol. proven MLS goal scorer for what, 4 yrs in a row. probably has a lot of options in MLS if he still wants to sign for an MLS team

Angel is one of FEW guaranteed 12-15 goal scorer in MLS. (well, maybe Landycakes too) and people expect to sign him for non DP money? I think you can bank on Angel to be consistent for another year, maybe 2. (hey, if Shitlicker can still do it at 38...)

TFC has ZERO proven striker on roster. (that is, if DeRo still think he's an AM, not a striker)

Speaking of big money DP, Henry hasn't been exactly lighting up MLS, hasn't he? other big money DP signings this year (Castillo

Dont go signing any big money players. Sign guys that either have proven MLS record, or fits the strategy of your team. (and willing to work hard for an MLS team) dont be blinded by names like Henry or Ljungberg or Beckham. find your own Nkufo or Ange or Geovannil... guys who may not be flashy, but puts up the numbers... (and I also incl signing non big money DPs, if the player is right for your team. see Alvaro Fernandez for Seattle)

FluSH
10-18-2010, 07:13 AM

Exactly... besides I think Angel is more Primadonna than DeRo... I can see it now.