PDA

View Full Version : Huckerby will visit San Jose and Toronto

Billy the kid
06-26-2008, 05:58 PM
Huckerby will visit San Jose and according to San Jose's coach will visit Toronto as well.

http://www.mercurynews.com/othersports/ci_9708976

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-26-2008, 06:11 PM
Said from DAy 1 ..Hucks would be in Toronto! :)

Did'nt know we had his discovery right!? Sneaky bastards! lol

"If Toronto truly wants to sign him they will be able to sign him," Doyle said. "It's out of my control."

Billy the kid
06-26-2008, 06:13 PM
DP money?

BigLou
06-26-2008, 06:18 PM
Guevara isn't even DP money. Hucks will get like 300-375

Corpand
06-26-2008, 06:19 PM
lotteria

Billy the kid
06-26-2008, 06:22 PM
Guevara isn't even 200k, I think Guevara needs a better agent.

Daveisonfire
06-26-2008, 06:30 PM
Didn't Hucks already visit Toronto?

I'd say he is very close to suiting up for us...just a hunch though.

MG42
06-26-2008, 06:39 PM
Said from DAy 1 ..Hucks would be in Toronto! :)

Did'nt know we had his discovery right!? Sneaky bastards! lol

"If Toronto truly wants to sign him they will be able to sign him," Doyle said. "It's out of my control."

lol Red Nation you have been calling this since day 1 !

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
06-26-2008, 06:43 PM
lol Red Nation you have been calling this since day 1 !

Check the archives..:hump:

Huckerby...is on his way!!

Ive takin alot of FLAK for backing this guy......I hope he gets his chance to...shut you all up!!!

He'll eat MLS up! ( If he stays Healthy! ;))

Raging Reggie
06-26-2008, 07:12 PM
im pumped for this because i always loved the guy, didnt see much of him except the one year the canarys were in the prem a few years back but i loved him! I been waiting for this for a long time! Lets hope it comes true!

oxygenatedbrain
06-26-2008, 07:50 PM
Reading conversations with Huckerby in the local English press, he plays his cards very close to the vest, but seems to have a bit of a Cali (retirement) fixation...why else would he bother "visiting" San Jose, as he does understand completely that TFC "owns" his rights.

Raging Reggie
06-26-2008, 08:25 PM
Reading conversations with Huckerby in the local English press, he plays his cards very close to the vest, but seems to have a bit of a Cali (retirement) fixation...why else would he bother "visiting" San Jose, as he does understand completely that TFC "owns" his rights.

well maybe hes gonna wants money that TFC isnt willing to offer him, maybe he wants to see what the city is like and what it has to offer and is checking out SJ as his backup plan if we pass on him or if he doesnt like it. But for sure i can see your point with a cali retirement and playing alongside with Beckham. Who knows how he rolls......

Pachuco
06-26-2008, 08:34 PM
Another more complete article. Looks like he's coming here within the next few days. So he may never make it to San Jose, let's hope so anyways :)

http://norwichcity.myfootballwriter.com/full_article.asp?i=3618

arsenal
06-26-2008, 08:44 PM
Good timing for TFC. His visit to SJ will not exactly be "California Dreams," much of the state is on fire right now and smoke is everywhere. Between that and the stadium, I can't imagine he would prefer SJ if TFC were to make an offer.

GeorgeB
06-26-2008, 08:46 PM
i think Hucks would have been here already if we werent playing the McBride game with the fire.i think we are trying to get a player (Conde) and some allocation cash from them,then trade Conde to the shiite team for more allocation cash,then sign Hucks.hopefully getting rid of Cunny fits in there somehow.

Carts
06-27-2008, 05:25 AM
Guevara isn't even 200k, I think Guevara needs a better agent.

I'm convinced MLSE is paying Guevara under the table or something... And if so, I am DAMN PROUD of them for doing it...!!!

Carts...

Carts
06-27-2008, 05:28 AM
Hopefully Huckerby doesn't come to the friendly match on July 5th, as his 'tour of the BMO atmosphere' game...

Judging by the tickettrader forum alot of supporters are trying to unload tickets...

It'd suck if he came to a non-full, non-rowdy, non-hostile Fortress and think "...this is the best fans the MLS has...???"

Carts...

noochie
06-27-2008, 10:53 PM
San Jose holds no candle to Toronto... unless you really really love google

jloome
06-27-2008, 11:57 PM
They don't have to sign him to a DP deal, as you can use allocation cash towards contracts. They can also offer backloaded deals via club sponsors, ala Beckham. There are ways to keep money off the wage bill if necessary in MLS.

But given that the DP slot is only $200,000 against the cap for the season's second half and I don't really give a shit how much MLSE wants to spend of its money, I'm all for using it if we need to. He's got more than half a season to demonstrate he's worth it.

Ossington Mental Youth
06-28-2008, 03:04 AM
Ive takin alot of FLAK for backing this guy......I hope he gets his chance to...shut you all up!!!

He'll eat MLS up! ( If he stays Healthy! ;))

DP or not, if we sign the man, obviously, i (and im sure everyone else) hopes this is the damn truth