PDA

View Full Version : Toronto FC Fans Force Change at the Top - Fanhouse

alexintoronto
10-16-2010, 12:26 AM
Brian Straus
Senior Soccer Writer (& former DC United employee)

http://www.blogcdn.com/soccer.fanhouse.com/media/2010/10/gyi0060125687.jpg

http://soccer.fanhouse.com/2010/10/15/toronto-fc-fans-force-change-at-the-top/

DichioTFC
10-16-2010, 06:25 AM
Funny how we're getting credit, but I dont see how anyone can celebrate. We didn't win anything, there's no justification for an article that implies we've been rewarded or that we've somehow won something.

I would hope Mr. Straus would have higher expectations as I'm sure everyone else on this board, in U-Sec, in NEE and regular fans does as well.

denime
10-16-2010, 07:32 AM
^
I don't think we are getting credit he is more pointing out that fans in Toronto are demanding change.

This week, MLS took yet another step. It's not a huge one, but it's meaningful. Supporters demanding change have been heard in Toronto, where the local club is about to become just the second in league history to miss the playoffs four years in a row.It is good to see that our and NEE efforts for a change are being published, if only Cheerleaders from 113 would join us,mutiny against ML$E would be perfect.

TFC fans are claiming that the prices for their season tickets have more than doubled over the past four years. One supporters group, The North End Elite, cited a 75% jump and declared they intend to stand silently during the club's Oct. 16 and 19 games at BMO Field.

After a couple of weeks of anger, lots of missives and another group's (the Red Patch Boys) decision to wear green to the games "to symbolize the greed and cash grabbing nature of MLSE," club ownership realized it faced a mutiny.

This is what we have to expect and it is a bit frustrating.

MLSE still needs to hire a front office staff that can build a contender at TFC. Rebuilding the roster probably will take a couple of years. But now the suits know that the pressure really is on. Toronto fans, at least the ones in red, will not be taken for granted again.

Suds
10-16-2010, 07:52 AM
Funny how we're getting credit, but I dont see how anyone can celebrate. We didn't win anything, there's no justification for an article that implies we've been rewarded or that we've somehow won something.

I would hope Mr. Straus would have higher expectations as I'm sure everyone else on this board, in U-Sec, in NEE and regular fans does as well.

Hmm, I didn't get that when I read the article.

I think overlaying message of the article is that when fans are united and organized they can have some influence; or at least make ownership take notice. The other message it that is shows MLS is growing up. When fans show thiis sort or passion, negative or positive, they are invested in the team and league.

AL-MO
10-16-2010, 08:21 AM
Hmm, I didn't get that when I read the article.

I think overlaying message of the article is that when fans are united and organized they can have some influence; or at least make ownership take notice. The other message it that is shows MLS is growing up. When fans show thiis sort or passion, negative or positive, they are invested in the team and league.

This.