PDA

View Full Version : Daso on the Soccer Show

TFC Cityboy
10-14-2010, 09:12 PM
now on setanta 10pm

find the podcast on www.fan590.com (http://www.fan590.com)

1st 10 minutes spent discussing how the FO fucked up the renewals and credit given to the fans for making MLSE rethink

arbogast
10-15-2010, 10:13 AM
now on setanta 10pm

find the podcast on www.fan590.com (http://www.fan590.com)

1st 10 minutes spent discussing how the FO fucked up the renewals and credit given to the fans for making MLSE rethink

I liked the Sam Cronin question. Daso wanted to keep him, said he'll be a leader someday on any MLS club, but MGMT wanted him gone and now he's flourishig in SJ and Yallop loves the kid. I was skeptical about Daso as a manager, but after the interview I've kinda changed my mind. I think he's stuck with poorly constructed team but if he had the ability to build his own squad, we'd be much better.

Sullivan
10-15-2010, 05:54 PM
I liked the Sam Cronin question. Daso wanted to keep him, said he'll be a leader someday on any MLS club, but MGMT wanted him gone and now he's flourishig in SJ and Yallop loves the kid. I was skeptical about Daso as a manager, but after the interview I've kinda changed my mind. I think he's stuck with poorly constructed team but if he had the ability to build his own squad, we'd be much better.

I was visiting with a mate last night and we were listening to the show.
He was telling me about Cronin, and a few things he knew about the team and it included Dasovic. So my mate emails Nigel. What Nick said on air was exactly what my friend had stated, the dysfunction within the technical staff was enormous at TFC. What Nick didn't say was that his opinion of Sam, and his disagreement with the trade was one of the huge sources of tension between himself, "others" and Preki.

FWIW, I'm told Cronin was elated with the trade, far far away from Preki, Leo & Moe.

arbogast
10-15-2010, 09:23 PM
He was telling me about Cronin, and a few things he knew about the team and it included Dasovic. So my mate emails Nigel. What Nick said on air was exactly what my friend had stated, the dysfunction within the technical staff was enormous at TFC. What Nick didn't say was that his opinion of Sam, and his disagreement with the trade was one of the huge sources of tension between himself, "others" and Preki.

FWIW, I'm told Cronin was elated with the trade, far far away from Preki, Leo & Moe.

Nice insight dude. I dunno about you, but I really liked Sammy's attitude and potential. I 'd have kept him and shipped out Saric or Nane or both in a jiff.

DichioTFC
10-16-2010, 11:48 PM

I saw Cronin before he got on the bus after the SJ match. I asked him if he would ever be willing to come back. He literally LOLed, like I just told him the greatest joke in the world.

He's happy where he is and best of luck to him