PDA

View Full Version : MLSE lets you wish upon a star!

__wowza
10-14-2010, 03:55 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!

maple leaf sports entertainment is granting you WISHES, yeah, WISHES to make amends for the past few seasons from the following list. vote for them in numerical order for what appeals to you most, (i'll post an example below). i'd like to see what's most important this particular branch of TFC faithful.

total price per game reduced
SSH price freeze guarantee for X number of seasons
MLS Cup game made free for SSH's
Voyagers cup matches free for SSH's
Canadian Men's National team matches free for SSH's
bi-yearly Q&A "town hall meetings" with coaching / FO staff
promise of better quality of play/player depth (better players/DPs)
more knowledgeable decisions made by FO regarding signings
the ability to vote on the future of the existing GM after 2 seasons
perks such as concession stand / merch / parking discounts
Flush's proposed "supporters only" section
a covering for supporters sections
a relaxed relationship with security in supporters sections
increased transparency with the front office
a winning club

this thread is being done for my statistical purposes only, please, please, please refrain from the inevitable "MLSE would never do any of that!" posts or senseless arguments. it's wayyyyy too easy to be cynical right now.

__wowza
10-14-2010, 03:56 PM
example

1 most important
15 least important

1 - total price per game reduced
2 - SSH price freeze guarantee for X number of seasons
3 - promise of better quality of play/player depth (better players/DPs)
4 - Flush's proposed "supporters only" section
5 - a winning club

etc.

DichioTFC
10-14-2010, 03:57 PM
They'll grant you 5 wishes, but it costs 2 wishes to park and 3 wishes to get in to the stadium.

Honestly, 15 is the only thing I really want. Everything else is icing, but winning is the cake.

ExiledRed
10-14-2010, 03:57 PM
You should put the small text at the bottom, in normal size at the top. It looks like you're relaying another email.

ExiledRed
10-14-2010, 04:00 PM
If I get priced out, #15 is irrelevant. I cant follow a team that treats working people like plebs.

__wowza
10-14-2010, 04:02 PM
If I get priced out, #15 is irrelevant. I cant follow a team that treats working people like plebs.

They'll grant you 5 wishes, but it costs 2 wishes to park and 3 wishes to get in to the stadium.
Honestly, 15 is the only thing I really want. Everything else is icing, but winning is the cake.

see the part about cynicism:
i don't mean to sound like a dick guys, but i really would like a straight answer on this one. i've done the research and all of this is part of packages that have been given to other supporters sections with other teams (i know, we're not other teams, it's a unfair comparative, etc). but it's going to be directly related to my question at the town hall forum, and i need really input.

CretanBull
10-14-2010, 04:02 PM
Hmm...MLSE sent me a list with different options. In the end I chose:

1. Lube
2. Another 77% price hike over the next 4 years
3. Horrible mismanagement
4. $16 beers
5. Mo bobble-head

The other options were just too painfull...

DichioTFC
10-14-2010, 04:05 PM

In fairness, you added that after I responded.

The criteria are too similar and, for me, all bear certain importance. I know there would be less of a response, but maybe getting everybody to rank everything, from 15 - 1, what's most important to them

ExiledRed
10-14-2010, 04:09 PM
i don't mean to sound like a dick guys, but i really would like a straight answer on this one. i've done the research and all of this is part of packages that have been given to other supporters sections with other teams (i know, we're not other teams, it's a unfair comparative, etc). but it's going to be directly related to my question at the town hall forum, and i need really input.

Not cynical at all, basically I am expecting #15 to be ranked first by the majority and DichioTFC illustrated that by stating all else is 'icing'

Im offering a counterpoint, to DichioTFC's as food for thought before stating to MLSE that as long as we're winning they can rape our wallets at will.

__wowza
10-14-2010, 04:13 PM
Not cynical at all, basically I am expecting #15 to be ranked first by the majority and DichioTFC illustrated that by stating all else is 'icing'

Im offering a counterpoint, to DichioTFC's as food for thought before stating to MLSE that as long as we're winning they can rape our wallets at will.

icing as it may be, asking for a "winning club" is difficult. nailing jello to a tree difficult. there's a lot of variables. frankly, i can do without a winning club (as can a bulk of supporters) as long as MLSE understands that there's certain things that they can do to take the sting off of not winning like not increasing prices, or having security treat us better, but then again that's me and that's what this thread is attempting to decipher.

basically, i'd like to go into the town hall meeting and say "here are some of the chief things that portion of supporters have asked for". are you willing or prepared to work towards any of the following?

DichioTFC
10-14-2010, 04:14 PM

I appreciate ExiledRed's counterpoint, but to me its all about winning. Even if TFC changed $200 / ticket, there is nothing more satisfying then watching your team lift the trophy and proving they're the best, especially after having to endure what we've had to endure.

We play to win the game. Reasonably-priced entertainment isn't my reason for traveling 10,500km this year and five different cities. I traveled that much to see TFC win.

__wowza
10-14-2010, 04:18 PM
I appreciate ExiledRed's counterpoint, but to me its all about winning.

fair enough.

however, this thread is asking you to rank that compared to the other points. surely if winning is the number one priority for you with this team, then there has to be a second, and a third, and a forth.

DichioTFC
10-14-2010, 04:28 PM
fair enough.

however, this thread is asking you to rank that compared to the other points. surely if winning is the number one priority for you with this team, then there has to be a second, and a third, and a forth.

*sigh* you convinced me to take a third look ;)

5. a winning club
4. knowledgeable signings & promise of better play (I can't seperate these two)
3. Flush's proposed "supporters only" section
2. total price per game reduced
1. a relaxed relationship with security in supporters sections

btw, mine are not based on current factors, but based on the long-term. 5 being the most important to me

I think everyone has a factor that they would pay more for. Winning and better play are factors that would convince me to pay more.

ExiledRed
10-14-2010, 04:31 PM
I appreciate ExiledRed's counterpoint, but to me its all about winning. Even if TFC changed $200 / ticket, there is nothing more satisfying then watching your team lift the trophy and proving they're the best.

If they charged $200 a ticket they could shove that trophy up their ass, because they wouldnt be my team any more.

Im sorry wowza, i dont think your list is productive while #15 is on it.

MLSE can guarantee price reductions, but nobody can guarantee winning.

DichioTFC
10-14-2010, 04:34 PM
If they charged $200 a ticket they could shove that trophy up their ass, because they wouldnt be my team any more.

Im sorry wowza, i dont think your list is productive while #15 is on it.

MLSE can guarantee price reductions, but nobody can guarantee winning.

I should've clarified; if they charged $200 / ticket I wouldn't go to any more games but I would still follow them, they would still be my team.

__wowza
10-15-2010, 10:53 AM
well, it was worth a shot but i can't say i didn't know this was going to happen.

Carts
10-15-2010, 11:00 AM
I would have one wish...

I wish to have the worth of MLSE in my bank account...

END...

Sorry to be selfish, but I wouldn't pass on that chance...

Carts...

Red Rat
10-15-2010, 11:01 AM
1- nope
2- nope
3- nope
4- nope
5- nope
6- nope
7- nope
8- nope
9- nope
10- nope
11- nope
12- nope
13- nope
14- nope
15- nope

Why should I when I already got your money sucker!!

Please don't forget to renew.

rr

__wowza
10-15-2010, 11:05 AM
please, please, please refrain from the inevitable "MLSE would never do any of that!" posts or senseless arguments. it's wayyyyy too easy to be cynical right now.

sorry, can i get a mod to close this thread?

it's gotten off topic, scratch that.. it's never been on topic and it's just become another one of those threads where we act overly sarcastic. i hate when we get like that, and we have too many threads like that.

this is just taking up space.
close plox.

prizby
10-15-2010, 11:37 AM
i would take a price freeze right now and pay todays prices if it meant a suppoters only section

Fort York Redcoat
10-15-2010, 11:45 AM
Closed as per OP