PDA

View Full Version : Which Town Hall Meeting will you guys be attending

mastermixer
10-14-2010, 09:03 AM
If members are keeping it on the DL I understand, I'm just curious if you guys will be going as a solidified group to one meeting to hear what the suits have to say.

Phil
10-14-2010, 09:13 AM
We have a town hall slot reserved as a group.

Parkdale
10-14-2010, 09:36 AM

which is not one of the times listed in the email.

having said that, we (the RPB's) are encouraging everyone (in an SG or otherwise) to attend a townhall meeting to voice your concerns.

mastermixer
10-14-2010, 09:38 AM
Awesome... Good luck. I'll be there tonight.
Hope something comes out of these other than just fluffing up MLSE's reputation.

H Bomb
10-14-2010, 09:39 AM
has anyone (non members) received word back accepting their request to one of these meetings. I sent my info off yesterday and have not heard back as of yet

mastermixer
10-14-2010, 09:41 AM
has anyone (non members) received word back accepting their request to one of these meetings. I sent my info off yesterday and have not heard back as of yet

Just got my confirmation a few minutes ago for tonight... Said to bring my questions and an appetite.

H Bomb
10-14-2010, 09:43 AM
NOBODY EAT!!!!!!!!! WEAR GREEN!!!! LET THEIR BLOOD FOOD GO TO WASTE!!!!!

right on thanks man

Parkdale
10-14-2010, 09:50 AM

right on thanks man

what about the other way...... Eat everything they've got and doggie-bag it until we've made up for the rise in ticket prices? ;)

http://xspblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/OmNomNomNom.jpg

bgnewf
10-14-2010, 09:50 AM
I am going to night as well. U Sector has a specific session with them next week that I will also be attending.

I will be taking notes and hopefully some video that I will post on my blog and of course here as well.

H Bomb
10-14-2010, 09:53 AM
what about the other way...... Eat everything they've got and doggie-bag it until we've made up for the rise in ticket prices? ;)

cause these guys will count free food as something they've given us and that we should be thankful for. Dont play into their hands, they're crooks. Dont take anything except what you demand, Free MLS cup final tickets and a price freeze!!

Darlofletch
10-14-2010, 10:10 AM
just got confirmation for tonight. I'm more than prepared to eat their food, I'm genuinely intrigued as to how this is going to go down.

TFC12
10-14-2010, 10:42 AM
Just got my confirmation for Oct 21.

H Bomb
10-14-2010, 10:43 AM
where the hell is my confirmation for monday. i sent it 2 minutes after getting the email. aaargh

torontocelt
10-14-2010, 11:58 AM
just got confirmation for tonight. I'm more than prepared to eat their food, I'm genuinely intrigued as to how this is going to go down.

I am going tonight also.

With regards to the food I am with Darlofletch, I simply could not bring myself to not eat anything, it would be too much temptation. I am going to eat as much as I can knowing that I am costing them some extra money, that will show them.

Darlofletch
10-14-2010, 12:08 PM
I'm hoping it's going to be the swanky kind of spread that i imagine they put on for the fancy executive people. all sorts of exotic and/or endangered anilmals, panda meat sliders, omelettes made from the whites of dodo eggs, dolphin tacos etc etc.

don't disappoint me again MLSE!

rocker
10-14-2010, 12:15 PM
I can see the thread now... "Town hall food was shitty! We deserve butter! Let's protest the food!"

H Bomb
10-14-2010, 12:16 PM
I aint eaten their nuthin!! :D

got my comfirm for monday.

Azerban
10-14-2010, 12:17 PM

promojosh
10-14-2010, 12:21 PM
Replied at 1am this morning and received confirmation at lunch time that I am booked in for Monday night. Anyone heading out on Monday looking to coordinate questions, comments and desired outcome lemme know.

I will say this, regardless of the spread and any potential alcohol, I will be making my voice be heard and demanding answers and change before I decide on October 22. Currently geared towards not renewing.

For anyone attending tonight's Town Hall, please start a thread and post comments re: questions asked and answers provided. If follow up or additional commentary is required for your clarification (since we're all confused), lemme know and I'll look to work that in to the conversation (once all other outstanding questions have been answered that is).

As an original SSH from 2006 P.B.A. (pre-Beckham Announcement) i will not stand for ongoing price hikes and subpar performance. Frankly, I won't stand for ongoing ticket hikes at all regardless of performance. For those going to the Town Hall meetings, USE THIS TIME WISELY!! This is our chance to be heard and to force change. If you signed up and have no intention of saying anything and choose to spectate, please give your spot to someone else. If there's one thing that kills these opportunities, it's those who choose to remain voiceless. There will be NO retribution and therefore no reason to stay quiet.

Juanito
10-14-2010, 12:34 PM

When?

__wowza
10-14-2010, 12:53 PM
just got an email with the catering menu:

refreshments:
*kool-aid
*carlsberg
(not included, stadium pricing)

various finger foods:
(including but not limited to)
*bullshit
*dem apples

H Bomb
10-14-2010, 12:54 PM
just got an email with the catering menu:

refreshments:
*kool-aid
*carlsberg
(not included, stadium pricing)

various finger foods:
(including but not limited to)
*bullshit
*dem apples

ohhhhh, i like

nobodybeatsthewiz
10-14-2010, 12:58 PM

right on thanks man

It's people. Soylent Green is made out of people. They're making our food out of people. Next thing they'll be breeding us like cattle for food. You've gotta tell them. You've gotta tell them!

redangeldragnet
10-15-2010, 03:31 PM
I haven't received a reply yet for Monday's session, and I RSVP'd on Wed. afternoon...

menefreghista
10-15-2010, 04:11 PM
I haven't received a reply yet for Monday's session, and I RSVP'd on Wed. afternoon...

I didn't receive it either. Although I sent mine later at night.

Still Kicking
10-15-2010, 04:24 PM
I have no reply on any meeting. Clearly I am chopped liver.

Cashcleaner
10-15-2010, 05:48 PM
I initially signed-up to go on Monday with the RPB contingent, but after seeing a slot available on Thursday, I RSVP'ed for the 6:00PM slot. Just sent them the email today, so I'm not sure when I'll get a confirmation, though.

Limani_Ole
10-15-2010, 07:47 PM
these meetings are a farse.. Alsemi is trying to give himself an out when renewals drop and the board comes calling.. and they will

You dont need a "townhall" meeting to know ticket price increases over the past 4 years is the issue... but lets face it.. it was his call and he has too much on the line to take the increase back.. so at the cost of losing paying supporters he holds the line..

not sure what these meetings will accomplish for the supporters.. but it will give Alsemi some slight credibility to the out of touch MLSE board.. who may just hold the line on firing him just yet..