PDA

View Full Version : Today's News,Thursday,Oct.14

denime
10-14-2010, 05:17 AM
Mornin'

Toronto go head-on into GM search (http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/toronto-go-head-gm-search)

TFC ownership apologizes to fans for package hike (http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/tfc-ownership-apologizes-fans-package-hike)

Toronto FC apologizes to fans (http://www.torontosun.com/sports/soccer/2010/10/13/15682266.html)

Open Letter To Toronto FC Fans (http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/10/open-letter-toronto-fc-fans)

Toronto FC reaches out to fans (http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/story/2010/10/13/sp-toronto-fc-fans.html)

Gordon Disciplined In Cann Incident (http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/10/gordon-disciplined-cann-incident)

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshinegirl/)

Hustle
10-14-2010, 06:29 AM
Mornin D'

Loving the facebook comments on the apology letter on TFC's Website: 12 pages and counting of negative reaction to the apology...pure gold.

menefreghista
10-14-2010, 06:47 AM
Mornin D'

Loving the facebook comments on the apology letter on TFC's Website: 12 pages and counting of negative reaction to the apology...pure gold.

Agreed.

And its proof that the anger and resentment towards TFC stretches a lot further than supporter's group message boards.

People aren't buying the apology nor the gesture of removing the CCL tickets.

So, what are the chances the deadline gets moved again and the MLS Cup tickets are also removed? I think if the renewals remain low it could happen.

Wagner
10-14-2010, 07:09 AM
yeah, the gesture by the club is pretty empty.
if they actually felt bad, they would do more, or lower ticket prices.
I think it would have already happened, but the precedent would be bad for their other clubs (leafs, raps)

scooter
10-14-2010, 07:12 AM
mornin d

rpb london our new media whore

Auzzy
10-14-2010, 07:28 AM
They are STARTING to look for consultants now, to help with the GM search? What have they been doing since Sept. 14th when they dumped Mo & Preki? And why didn't they have a shortlist of consultants ready before that, as Mo was already on VERY thin ice?!

Cashcleaner
10-14-2010, 07:33 AM
Mornin D'

Read an absolutely brilliant quote in one of the articles:

"Apologies cost nothing, that's why we've been given one instead of any meaningful action."

By the way, I'm asking anyone who's commenting on the MLS, TFC, and various news sites to add: 'Price Freeze Now!' to any post, as that seems to be the most pressing issue people are having.

Technorgasm
10-14-2010, 07:33 AM
some one tell me. .

WHEN IS THE FIRST PAYMENT FOR MY SEASONS due?

or is it allup in the air now?

Suds
10-14-2010, 07:36 AM
some one tell me. .

WHEN IS THE FIRST PAYMENT FOR MY SEASONS due?

or is it allup in the air now?

The deadline to renew has been pushed out one week to Oct 22nd.

The first payment is made on the date you call in to renew or process your renewal in the Account Manager.

KRO
10-14-2010, 07:49 AM
I amazed how little discussion there has been on this board about the Gordon elbow to Cann in last Saturdays game. I understand that there are some other pressing issues around at the moment but one of our key players was intentionally assaulted and nobody is talking about it.
Now Gordon has been rightly suspended for what MLS admit should have been a red card incident. Terry Vaughn saw the incident and only issued a yellow. Should he not be suspended as well for complete incompetence?
5 out of 6 of the reports on the game posted here on Sunday didn't even mention the incident and it was not shown on any highlights. To me it was one of the worst premeditated assaults I have seen in soccer and the suspension should have been longer. It even borders on the criminal charges cases that sometimes happen (Marty McSorley, Todd Bertuzzi in Hockey). If you want to see it again it's now been posted on the mls site
http://www.mlssoccer.com/videos?id=9572

H Bomb
10-14-2010, 07:54 AM
Get back to work. But yeah, this place isnt really about footy right now is it? Bit strange. What surprises me, and I may be wrong, but wasnt the dude yellow carded? I thought the rules prohibited secondary punishment on fouls that had already been punished. I'm glad it happened, it all brought back thoughts of Iain Hume's horrible brain scar.

maninb
10-14-2010, 08:08 AM
After viewing the video it's REALLy hard to say that it was a terrible "premeditated assault"...they came together and Gordon smacked him in the face...yes it should have been a red, and 2 games is enough of a punishment...

Darlofletch
10-14-2010, 08:15 AM
an actual real and meaningful gesture of appeasement?

bah humbug! (http://www.cruelgeography.com/2010/10/mangy-flea-ridden-pigeon.html)

KRO
10-14-2010, 08:57 AM
After viewing the video it's REALLy hard to say that it was a terrible "premeditated assault"...they came together and Gordon smacked him in the face...yes it should have been a red, and 2 games is enough of a punishment...
Please watch it again. Cann is looking back at the ball as Gordon runs past him, looks at him and then forearms him in the face. To me it was a blatant, intentional, blind sided punch. They didn't "come together", Cann wasn't even looking at Gordon.
I know nobody wants to talk about what is happening on the pitch at the moment but I think Gordon is getting off easy because this was a meaningless game.

boban
10-14-2010, 09:21 AM
yeah, the gesture by the club is pretty empty.
if they actually felt bad, they would do more, or lower ticket prices.
I think it would have already happened, but the precedent would be bad for their other clubs (leafs, raps)
You're right on the precedent, but the other teams don't have a fan base quite like TFC. The TFC supports are much more vocal and organized than the other two. There is no Leaf 'Nation', just a bunch of independent people buying tickets and the like. They would never unit - too self interested.

London
10-14-2010, 09:44 AM
damn they picked an ugly guy to be the face of anger for the fans

Parkdale
10-14-2010, 09:49 AM

but he sure looks angry all right!

DavydMT
10-14-2010, 10:20 AM
FC HAMILTON CROATIA AHEAD 2-1 OVER TFC ACADEMY (http://canadiansoccerleague.ca/news_archive.php?news_id=311903)
Return match:
Sunday, Oct. 17, Brian Timmis Stadium 7.00 pm
FC Hamilton Croatia vs. TFC Academy

Last night was great: Good football, Great atmosphere, No problems with security Great Value for $15.

Hamilton supporters really took it to the next level last night, Sunday will be great.

Workie
10-14-2010, 10:31 AM

On a side note the BMO sign in front of the stadium is Stuck. You are the OFFICAL face of BMO again!

London
10-14-2010, 10:33 AM
:D
On a side note the BMO sign in front of the stadium is Stuck. You are the OFFICAL face of BMO again!

i broke the billboard LOL

again this proves that i am better looking than every other male that visits BMO.

why else would they continually use my mug????:D:D:D

Parkdale
10-14-2010, 10:36 AM
hahah... we should make a giant poster of 'pissed off pat' and cover the billboard of 'happy pat' with it.

Workie
10-14-2010, 10:36 AM
:D

i broke the billboard LOL

again this proves that i am better looking than every other male that visits BMO.

why else would they continually use my mug????:D:D:D
:drinking:

Must be! LOL!

lips
10-14-2010, 11:02 AM
Mornin'

DichioTFC
10-14-2010, 06:03 PM
Nick Dasovic on The Fan 590's The Soccer Show, tonight at 8pm

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/10/dasovic-change-lineup

tfc2008
10-14-2010, 06:56 PM
WEAR GREEN!! WHY??????

I READ IN THE NEWSPAPER THAT YOU GUYS LIKE TO PROTEST WITH NO RED BUT GREEN.

YOU GUYS CALL THIS A PROTEST???????
ITS BETTER EVERYONE LET HIS WALLET HOME AND DONT BUY BEER AND HOTDOGS.
WHAT MLSEL CARE WAT COLOUR YOU HAVE ON WHEN IT IS GAME DAY.
EVERYONE ON THE SITE COMPLAIN AND COMPLAIN BUT YOU GUYS DONT LIKE TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT, WAT YOU GUYS LIKE TO DO WHO CARE ABOUT THAT.
STOP TO FILL UP THE WALLET FROM MLSEL WITH FOODS AND DRINKS, BUT COMPLAIN COMPLAIN BUT DRINK AND DRINK.
NOTHING BUT NOTHING GONE CHANGE AND WITH TALKING AND COMPLAINING ON THIS SITE ALSO NOTHING CHANGE.

London
10-14-2010, 07:38 PM
WEAR GREEN!! WHY??????

EVERYONE ON THE SITE COMPLAIN AND COMPLAIN BUT YOU GUYS DONT LIKE TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT, WAT YOU GUYS LIKE TO DO WHO CARE ABOUT THAT.
STOP TO FILL UP THE WALLET FROM MLSEL WITH FOODS AND DRINKS, BUT COMPLAIN COMPLAIN BUT DRINK AND DRINK.
NOTHING BUT NOTHING GONE CHANGE AND WITH TALKING AND COMPLAINING ON THIS SITE ALSO NOTHING CHANGE.

alot have boycotted that stuff a long time ago

Yeoman
10-14-2010, 07:52 PM
WEAR GREEN!! WHY??????

so........................what are you doing?
*gets back on his high horse*

denime
10-14-2010, 07:52 PM
WEAR GREEN!! WHY??????

and for some strange reason you are still coming here to read our complaints?
Wonder why?

AL-MO
10-14-2010, 09:39 PM
WEAR GREEN!! WHY??????

Most won't buy any concessions and alot of us are season ticket holders so they already have our money.

Nice try though.