King Tut
10-13-2010, 12:01 PM
http://i.imgur.com/qFHu6.png

prizby
10-13-2010, 12:05 PM
interesting decision, wonder how it will pan out

Cashcleaner
10-13-2010, 12:07 PM
Straight and to the point - that means it's effective.

Good job, NEE.

DangerRed
10-13-2010, 12:09 PM
Better than wearing green, IMHO.

EDIT: Actually, wearing green will be pretty dramatic visually. Were these two tactics (silence & wearing green) to combine into one, you'd have something really spectacular.

Parkdale
10-13-2010, 12:10 PM

but what happens when (if) TFC scores? Dead Silence?

either way, both groups are putting their displeasure on display, which is good.

Dave67
10-13-2010, 12:11 PM
Nice one NEE. Clear, concise & to the point.

DangerRed
10-13-2010, 12:12 PM

either way, both groups are putting their displeasure on display, which is good.

I agree that both groups protesting is good, but dead silence if TFC scores would be amazing.

Think of the squad -- how many of them do you think have demonstrated the heart and spirit with which you cheer every week?

Daso and Frei and others have all said that a lot of the squad don't deserve to be there next year. I'd be comfortable not cheering when they score.

Also, we're playing Shitlumbus. We won't score.

Belfast_Boy
10-13-2010, 12:15 PM
KD being quiet? isn't that one of the signs that the world is gonna end?

well done guys. hope it comes off as planned.

RedsYNWA
10-13-2010, 12:15 PM
Imagine if nobody showed up and did not renew.....thats my protest for the rest of the year. I will save $ on transportation, parking and time...nothing works better than EMPTY SEATS. Next year I will pick up cheap seats before the game that I choose to attend at below cost...think of the $ I'll save.

GL Boys & Girls

tfcleeds
10-13-2010, 12:17 PM
Imagine if nobody showed up and did not renew.....thats my protest for the rest of the year. I will save $ on transportation, parking and time...nothing works better than EMPTY SEATS. Next year I will pick up cheap seats before the game that I choose to attend at below cost...think of the $ I'll save.

GL Boys & Girls

In my view, the most effective form of protest. That's what I'm doing.

Parkdale
10-13-2010, 12:18 PM
I agree that both groups protesting is good, but dead silence if TFC scores would be amazing.

but how can people hear someone *not cheering* over the sounds of people *cheering*.

you know?

DangerRed
10-13-2010, 12:24 PM
but how can people hear someone *not cheering* over the sounds of people *cheering*.

you know?

People look to the supporter groups every time a goal is scored. They look to them at the 24th for Danny's song and they look everytime you do the bounce.

You better believe a lot of people will look at everyone wearing green and silently sipping their Carlsberg.

And fuck, if all the SGs sat down in unison, and remained seated, that would definitely be visible.

Anyway, you guys know what's best for the group and I'm just pumped there's something organized happening to begin with. This is just my $0.02.

rocker
10-13-2010, 12:25 PM
People look to the supporter groups every time a goal is scored..

Umm no, when TFC scores I don't look to the supporters groups. Shit, I don't even notice NEE is two sections over. I barely hear them.

I look to the player who just scored and scream and cheer.

DangerRed
10-13-2010, 12:27 PM
Umm no, when TFC scores I don't look to the supporters groups. Shit, I don't even notice NEE is two sections over. I barely hear them.

No, of course, you're right, given that you're the ultimate definition of "people."

:facepalm:

rocker
10-13-2010, 12:28 PM
No, of course, you're right, given that you're the ultimate definition of "people."

:facepalm:

Love the inflated sense of self-worth of the Red Patch Boy.

"Yes, after a goal, everyone looks at me!!!!!!!!!!"

You really believe that? I understand the 24th minute chant and other chants during the game. But the idea that after a goal is scored fans look straight at the supporters is preposterous.

you need to get out of the supporters section for some objectivity....

DangerRed
10-13-2010, 12:29 PM

You really believe that? I understand the 24th minute chant and other chants during the game. But the idea that after a goal is scored fans look straight at the supporters is preposterous.

I'm not a Red Patch Boy. I sit in 221s. But, you know, thanks again for illuminating.

Sonny Cheeba
10-13-2010, 12:30 PM
this is proper.

not singing dichio 23:13 will be the prime example that supporters aren't just a crowd of mindless monkeys willing to start chanting at a pre-determined time game after game.

also, stopping the massive on saturday would be great too.

Roogsy
10-13-2010, 12:32 PM

EDIT: Actually, wearing green will be pretty dramatic visually. Were these two tactics (silence & wearing green) to combine into one, you'd have something really spectacular.

I hope we follow suit with NEE with regards to no chanting or drumming.

Roogsy
10-13-2010, 12:33 PM
I'm not a Red Patch Boy. I sit in 221s. But, you know, thanks again for illuminating.

Don't you know...everyone who posts on this board is a Red Patch Boy.

Including Rocker... :D

Boris
10-13-2010, 12:33 PM
i will be sending a mass email to everyone and will outline the full plan for saturday.

there will be no capo and no drumming.

our drum will be on the capo stand...again, ill send an email later today

Roogsy
10-13-2010, 12:34 PM
Oooooh...I like.

Sonny Cheeba
10-13-2010, 12:34 PM
getting TRN on this too would be quite big. they're another "expected" part of the atmosphere down at BMO.

fetajr
10-13-2010, 12:36 PM
why not just donate your tickets to the homeless people at the missions in the city...i'm sure the families at the stadium will love it

Suds

I generally don't jump in tit-for-tat posts ... but I think clearly your post shows you have lost all objectivity ... seeing as the person who posted is not a Red Patch member.

----

Can we get back on topic. The OP was just putting out information on how NEE is getting their message across on the same issues many other fans and supporters groups have. If you're in 127 and agree with the issues in their post I suggest you support them in their efforts.

Beach_Red

No, the key here is how MLSE have used the supporters' sections in all their marketing. You've already described the people in your section as "Beckham Boys" and hoped that they don't renew - well, likely they haven't.

So now MLSE have to figure out how to get people to buy tickets. Something they've never been able to do on their own.

__wowza
10-13-2010, 12:41 PM
hats off to em.

Parkdale
10-13-2010, 12:43 PM
----

Can we get back on topic. The OP was just putting out information on how NEE is getting their message across on the same issues many other fans and supporters groups have. If you're in 127 and agree with the issues in their post I suggest you support them in their efforts.

thank you

:topic:

Red Rat
10-13-2010, 12:44 PM
Good job guys!

Technorgasm
10-13-2010, 12:46 PM
Straight and to the point - that means it's effective.

Good job, NEE.

Fuckin Love the NEE and what they do.
Well in.

rocktml
10-13-2010, 12:51 PM
NO NOISE!!!!!! I know there will be a few screwing this one up.......

King Tut
10-13-2010, 01:28 PM

Yes!

Whoop
10-13-2010, 01:31 PM
Thumbs up!

Oldtimer
10-13-2010, 01:34 PM
The thing is, both things are complimentary.

If the only banners in the south end are anti-ML$E ones, it will be similar.

Joining in with no chanting could help.

London
10-13-2010, 01:34 PM
you know what,

im not chanting either.

i will support both groups initiative on this one

Workie
10-13-2010, 01:35 PM
you know what,

im not chanting either.

+ 1:flare:

Roogsy
10-13-2010, 01:36 PM
you know what,

im not chanting either.

Count me in.

FootieChick
10-13-2010, 01:36 PM
I love it... they are on the right track... we should follow their footsteps AND WEAR GREEN!

Section225
10-13-2010, 01:37 PM

GL Boys & Girls

my thoughts exactly!

DavydMT
10-13-2010, 01:40 PM
you know what,

im not chanting either.

+3

I thought we have already agreed on no capo, no drums and no chanting.

Parkdale
10-13-2010, 01:41 PM
if Santos or barrett get a nice goal, I'll give them a polite golf clap. :)

Workie
10-13-2010, 01:45 PM
if Santos or barrett get a nice goal, I'll give them a polite golf clap. :)

Wear mittens.
Quieter that way.

H Bomb
10-13-2010, 01:47 PM
just give a thumbs up. is quietest

Dave67
10-13-2010, 01:47 PM
Wear mittens.
Quieter that way.

lol - count me in on the no chanting. Unless it's "we're not gonna take it" then my lungs will be ready.

Pigfynn
10-13-2010, 01:48 PM
GREEN SILENCE.

Wow, this is gonna be weird

DichioTFC
10-13-2010, 01:52 PM
How about no Gate 1 celebration for ties?

Menelaos
10-13-2010, 01:55 PM
Good job NEE

Sally Mack
10-13-2010, 02:22 PM
Before you print... isn't it anselmi? Not asemi. Am I missing something here?

Parkdale
10-13-2010, 02:22 PM
^ you have WAY too much time on your hands.... and photoshop

Sally Mack
10-13-2010, 02:28 PM
You better believe a lot of people will look at everyone wearing green and silently sipping their flasks

Fixed.

Mikey
10-13-2010, 03:02 PM
NO NOISE!!!!!! I know there will be a few screwing this one up.......

You have to expect the casuals not to get it, and theres nothing you can do about the cheerleader group.

I'm thinking green tee shirt with a white dollar sign on it......

fetajr
10-13-2010, 03:07 PM
If i look over and see someone in NEE drinking a super beer or eating a hot dog, then MLSE wins regardless.

Workie
10-13-2010, 03:08 PM
If i look over and see someone in NEE drinking a super beer or eating a hot dog, then MLSE wins regardless.

To tell you the truth, I would be really suprised if you saw them buying anything that game.

London
10-13-2010, 03:16 PM

not gonna happen

TFC Cityboy
10-13-2010, 03:29 PM
Our group at the back of 115 starts a good chunk of the chants in that section.
This will be my 3rd consecutive home match of not starting any chants.
Nope...not even the Beans song in the (Heinz)57th minute.

__wowza
10-13-2010, 03:39 PM
if many of us are joining the NEE silence movement? has anyone extended the olive branch for them possibly wearing green?

denime
10-13-2010, 03:41 PM
Good on NEE, what U-Sector will do?Arte they making any kind of protest or it will be same old cheerleading as usual?
We need all SG's to protest next two games,what's the use if we are quite and in Green if U-Sector is not protesting.

Boris
10-13-2010, 03:43 PM
if many of us are joining the NEE silence movement? has anyone extended the olive branch for them possibly wearing green?

they feel this cause is more geared to them

lips
10-13-2010, 03:46 PM
you know what,

im not chanting either.

i will support both groups initiative on this oneI'll do the same
+4

Roogsy
10-13-2010, 03:48 PM
Good on NEE, what U-Sector will do?Arte they making any kind of protest or it will be same old cheerleading as usual?
We need all SG's to protest next two games,what's the use if we are quite and in Green if U-Sector is not protesting.

The "use" is that we are our own group and we do our own thing. I will not let my actions be dictated by the decisions of a group I have nothing to do with. What they do is their own business. We need to do what we feel is right.

Pookie
10-13-2010, 03:50 PM
I applaud the effort to do something.

I'm not sure that "no chanting" is going to be THE thing that forces change but at least it is something. There are many sections in that stadium that are "no chanting" even during good times.

Alixir
10-13-2010, 03:56 PM
i will be sending a mass email to everyone and will outline the full plan for saturday.

there will be no capo and no drumming.

our drum will be on the capo stand...again, ill send an email later todaywhy even bring the drum??...seems like a waste of energy carrying there only to have it sit there...just dont bring it then you wont be tempted to bang it if TFC goes up 10-0 :p

Torontotonto
10-13-2010, 04:13 PM
Green and silent, that's what I'll be

Wull
10-13-2010, 04:17 PM
Our group at the back of 115 starts a good chunk of the chants in that section.
This will be my 3rd consecutive home match of not starting any chants.
Nope...not even the Beans song in the (Heinz)57th minute.

Seconded, if we get Mr Walter and the other 3 who will start a chant involved it'll be like the front 12 the whole way!!

Nuvinho
10-13-2010, 04:21 PM
errrr.....TFC is going to score? hahaha!!! That's not going to happen.

Red Rat
10-13-2010, 04:25 PM
why even bring the drum??...seems like a waste of energy carrying there only to have it sit there...just dont bring it then you wont be tempted to bang it if TFC goes up 10-0 :p

I am homeless and I live in the drum, it is my home so where ever I go it comes with me.
TFC scoring 10 against KKK good luck.

rr

Pookie
10-13-2010, 04:25 PM
You know what would be funny... sort of?

Columbus comes to take a corner and they get a polite golf clap as a reception.

CretanBull
10-13-2010, 04:27 PM

Not really. They might make $500 in profit (from about $1000 in sales) from NEE buying beer and hotdogs. You don't think MLSE would trade that $500 for the negative publicity that they're going to generate? The kind of money that's at stake is a non-issue given everything else that's going on.

Having said that, I doubt that NEE is going to be in the mood to hand over any more of their money.

Red Rat
10-13-2010, 04:27 PM
You know what would be funny... sort of?

Columbus comes to take a corner and they get a polite golf clap as a reception.

haha that would be funny, but I can't stand them
Also any traveling supporters?
we need a sacrifice and figure that they could be useful

rr

Toronto_Bhoy
10-13-2010, 04:31 PM
From a society of uncompromising men who have been forced to support a turkey.

Let's clap like this:

kgfS8pVQVOQ&NR

MG42
10-13-2010, 06:10 PM
no chanting from me, looking for green as we speak lol

raj100
10-13-2010, 06:23 PM
someone should give an anonymous tip to city plus or cbc! that'll give mlse some crap media attention

algieb
10-13-2010, 06:25 PM
why not just donate your tickets to the homeless people at the missions in the city...i'm sure the families at the stadium will love it
great idea f-----g love it

Sparta
10-13-2010, 06:27 PM
I applaud the effort to do something.

I'm not sure that "no chanting" is going to be THE thing that forces change but at least it is something. There are many sections in that stadium that are "no chanting" even during good times.

100% it will work --- we give them a taste of what will happen next year if changes arent made

(1) no chanating, drumming etc
(2) no concessions of any sort
(3) where green

if no changes in the offseason -- we start arriving/leaving early/late . . . . followed by gate 3 protest

if by game 5 their arent any changes --- BRING ON THE NO SHOW BOYCOTT OF THE GAME COMPLETELY

you will see what happens next year

This is all my views and hope we are going in this direction

TFC Via Buffalo
10-13-2010, 06:31 PM
100% it will work --- we give them a taste of what will happen next year if changes arent made

(3) where green

if no changes in the offseason -- we start arriving/leaving early/late . . . . followed by gate 3 protest

if by game 5 their arent any changes --- BRING ON THE NO SHOW BOYCOTT OF THE GAME COMPLETELY

Won't be there Saturday, but Tuesday I'm not doing a fucking thing. I may just skip the grass skirt and hat and wear a suit.

billyfly
10-13-2010, 06:42 PM
At this rate TFC will have to have a "Disco Demolition" night to get us back.

http://www.outernetweb.com/focal/disco/photos/ddpic22.jpg

Red Rat
10-13-2010, 06:43 PM
what you won't be around?
I have a funny feeling that tuesday will be the lowest attendance in TFC history.
"Supply and demand, Anselmi!"
eat shit and turn green, sorry you are green full of cash made from us

rr

Sparta
10-13-2010, 06:44 PM
Won't be there Saturday, but Tuesday I'm not doing a fucking thing. I may just skip the grass skirt and hat and wear a suit.

oh forsure --- i aint bringing a drum or anything either

Sparta
10-13-2010, 06:47 PM
what you won't be around?
I have a funny feeling that tuesday will be the lowest attendance in TFC history.
"Supply and demand, Anselmi!"
eat shit and turn green, sorry you are green full of cash made from us

rr

lol --- this should be good --- i agree with nee stance on how they use supporters groups to market their game ---- we must make it be known that we will try our best to KILL THE ATMOSPHERE if our needs are not meet

leosc
10-13-2010, 06:56 PM
lol - count me in on the no chanting. Unless it's "we're not gonna take it" then my lungs will be ready.

I was thinking this would be great, but it would be hard to organize, all the supporters, including those of us spread around the other sections, chanting this!

Pookie
10-13-2010, 09:26 PM

(3) where green

Here is my bias. I won't sit anywhere but the south end or 110-111 because I love the environment.

That said, here's the devil's advocate question.

This year, we've had 10,000 empty seats for one game. We've had a minimum of 1,200 empty seats every game day. The stadium is barely half full at kick off. And then half full again at the 80 minute mark.

The majority of the stadium sits. The majority of the stadium has had security crackdowns to the point that those in 104/105 have given up. There is no atmosphere in the 200s.

With all of that, they came out with an increase in ticket prices. Forget the package spin that Anselmi is trying to sell, we have the most expensive seats at the majority of price points in all of MLS. They haven't done a thing about that.

You really think that they are concerned about a relatively small number of people not chanting?

LCB
10-13-2010, 10:17 PM
you know what,

im not chanting either.

Seen.

FluSH
10-13-2010, 10:46 PM
My cost of beign a capo and missing 95% of the game has increased in price by 75% since 2007.

Fuck I am one of the few stupid guys who pay to not watch the game and MLSE thanks me by increasing my tickets.

I support the NEE cause

-FluSH

Hitcho
10-13-2010, 11:19 PM
Like someone said, get TRN on board with this. They make a shit load of drumming noise through the games. Get them to turn up with their drums and then stand there arms folded all game. Another big statement.

Carefree
10-14-2010, 11:08 AM
You really think that they are concerned about a relatively small number of people not chanting?

The point is, if that relatively small number stops chanting, the larger number of people in the non-supporter seats will quickly lose interest in coming to BMO Field. THAT will get MLSE's attention.

Without the atmosphere, all you have left is the crappy product the team puts on the field.

Red Rat
10-14-2010, 11:12 AM
My cost of beign a capo and missing 95% of the game has increased in price by 75% since 2007.

Fuck I am one of the few stupid guys who pay to not watch the game and MLSE thanks me by increasing my tickets.

I support the NEE cause

-FluSH

I am so happy that I broke my arm and was able to watch some games.

rr

Parkdale
10-14-2010, 11:15 AM
I am so happy that I broke my arm and was able to watch some games.

rr

you enjoyed watching those games? ;)

Red Rat
10-14-2010, 11:17 AM
It was like a scent of beer breath, kind of

rr

King Tut
10-14-2010, 11:23 AM

Not going to happen. Our beers are consumed at the Rhino and our game day food is consumed at Alexandria Shawerma/Falafel. Queen Street is where it's at. ;)

Mikey
10-14-2010, 01:11 PM
Like someone said, get TRN on board with this. They make a shit load of drumming noise through the games. Get them to turn up with their drums and then stand there arms folded all game. Another big statement.

I dont think they will get paid if they dont play. :D

Gixmo
10-14-2010, 09:32 PM
Not going to happen. Our beers are consumed at the Rhino and our game day food is consumed at Alexandria Shawerma/Falafel. Queen Street is where it's at. ;)

Hear Hear!! Long live shawerma!

maximo_rpd
10-14-2010, 09:53 PM

Silent green people waving Tuff Luv banners... Can it get any better?

FluSH
10-15-2010, 08:16 AM
^^^
I won't say silent... Tom and Paul have said we are only one group... what about the 16,000 other ST's.. when will they pull up their bootstraps. I will be just like the regular ST's that call themselves supporters on these two days...

v00d00daddy
10-15-2010, 08:24 AM
^^^
I won't say silent... Tom and Paul have said we are only one group... what about the 16,000 other ST's.. when will they pull up their bootstraps. I will be just like the regular ST's that call themselves supporters on these two days...

So now you're made at the other SSH's? Or you're just trying to inflate your self worth? Hmmm?

How about focusing your anger on the club, the ones who deserve it.

H Bomb
10-15-2010, 08:27 AM
So now you're made at the other SSH's? Or you're just trying to inflate your self worth? Hmmm?

this is a good post....that could use and edit ;)

s2cazz
10-15-2010, 08:28 AM
Good Job NEE.

Section225
10-15-2010, 08:29 AM
^^^

Ok easy there buddy. Just because you are part of a "supporters group" doesn't mean that puts you above the rest of us....supporters who have been STH's since day one. I go to BMO to watch the beautiful game (which of course isn't so beautiful when TFC plays it....:)), not to chant 90 minutes. What's wrong with that?

FluSH
10-15-2010, 08:30 AM

It's not about beign mad... let's face it... why is it left to the Supporter Groups to chant and sing? Noone is stopping other SSH's from doing this... Last game when NEE was silent, I heard people in neighbouring sections saying how stupid it was for them not to chant/sing. Well guess, what... you can do it... nothing is stopping you.

Why is the sole work and responsability of support left on the supporter groups? It's shouldn't be.

v00d00daddy
10-15-2010, 08:31 AM
this is a good post....that could use and edit ;)

?

fix away...i'm still sleepy. :)

FluSH
10-15-2010, 08:32 AM
Ok easy there buddy. Just because you are part of a "supporters group" doesn't mean that puts you above the rest of us....supporters who have been STH's since day one. I go to BMO to watch the beautiful game (which of course isn't so beautiful when TFC plays it....:)), not to chant 90 minutes. What's wrong with that?

As long as you don't complain that we aren't chanting there is nothing wrong with it... but if you do... then you need to look at yourself and do something.

v00d00daddy
10-15-2010, 08:34 AM
It's not about beign mad... let's face it... why is it left to the Supporter Groups to make chant and sing? Noone is stopping other SSH's from doing this... Last game when NEE was silent, I heard people in neighbouring sections saying how stupid it was for them not to chant/sing. Well guess, what... you can do it... nothing is stopping you.

Why is the sole work and responsability of support left on the supporter groups? It's shouldn't be.

You make a good point. Everybody who wants to hear chanting at BMO should participate and not look to the SG's to do the work for them.

I'm just saying that this is not the issue right now. The team is shit and they're asking us for more money to watch said shit.

It has nothing to do with appreciating that you guys chant. This protest is not about appreciating the SG's.

It's about ticket prices vs. shitty product.

Parkdale
10-15-2010, 08:40 AM
You make a good point. Everybody who wants to hear chanting at BMO should participate and not look to the SG's to do the work for them.

sometimes it makes me sad to see this huge 'supporters section' in the south and beyond, but you don't see any flags, banners or 'supporters paraphernalia outside of a few tiny pockets. I think that if the team was winning more, then maybe people would be in a better mood and start emulating the people who go beyond the basics. Anyway... that's not the issue here.

Let's make sure that the main message at the Town Halls is we are having unfair price increases and unfair billing practices for a sub par product. Everything beyond that is a battle for another day. (but definitely a fight worth having)

TFC John
10-15-2010, 08:40 AM

You fail to understand that most of 127 are not actually NEE members. You are bound to see someone with a beer or a hot dog in that area. The NEE will do what the NEE decide to do. As for the rest of the section they will be silent because that is what happens when the NEE don't show up. But do expect non-NEE members to have a clue about what or why the NEE are doing something.

H Bomb
10-15-2010, 08:44 AM
?

fix away...i'm still sleepy. :)

you said made not mad...and you said SSH..i guess that could be season seat holder? :D. i agree though.

v00d00daddy
10-15-2010, 08:52 AM
you said made not mad...and you said SSH..i guess that could be season seat holder? :D. i agree though.

hahahaha...shit...I read it over and over and didn't even see the "made" part. brutal. I need some more sleep.

see you tomorrow for the last hurrah?

H Bomb
10-15-2010, 08:56 AM
^^ Im sad and dont want to think about it. You have any idea of what the section is thinking renewal wise??

v00d00daddy
10-15-2010, 09:09 AM
^^ Im sad and dont want to think about it. You have any idea of what the section is thinking renewal wise??

no...i haven't spoken to any of them.

to be quite honest...i'm going tomorrow more to see everyone in the section than the game. I really couldn't care less what the team does tomorrow.

every year its been fun on that last game...knowing/hoping that next year will be better.

I can't say that it will this time...and I'm not sure how many familiar faces we'll see next year. I feel like I'm attending a funeral. lol

H Bomb
10-15-2010, 09:11 AM
Its bringing me down dude. The thing that hurts more than anything else is that people I've spent 4 years with (some of whos names i dont know) wont be there anymore. I love my place, and i love the people around me, and the whole thing is depressing.

Zeke_Jones
10-15-2010, 09:11 AM
So everybodys wearing green and being silent??

Nobodys gonna wear ski masks and throw flares at nick garcia???

Chevy
10-15-2010, 09:16 AM
^^ Hell, Nick is one of the few players this year that has EXCEEDED expectations.

v00d00daddy
10-15-2010, 09:19 AM
Its bringing me down dude. The thing that hurts more than anything else is that people I've spent 4 years with (some of whos names i dont know) wont be there anymore. I love my place, and i love the people around me, and the whole thing is depressing.

here here

Pigfynn
10-15-2010, 09:24 AM

Same story in my section...Sounds like I will be losing 4 top notch guys from right beside me. They've been there since day 1 and have had enough. It's all very depressing.

H Bomb
10-15-2010, 09:29 AM
Same story in my section...Sounds like I will be losing 4 top notch guys from right beside me. They've been there since day 1 and have had enough. It's all very depressing.

and that's what they dont understand. They created low income housing, let it deteriorate, and keep jacking up the price. And now the neighbors are moving out, and I'm gonna miss them a lot.

Dbl_D
10-15-2010, 11:47 AM

you cant control ticket prices or product (other than the atmosphere in the stadium) ... sorry... again, nada...

NEE has got it right Do Not Chant...

the 'shitty product' would be an absolute abysmal product if it weren't for the SGs chanting, TIFOs and energy...

there would be no way they could raise ticket prices because people would not be lined up to get in... but they are and its not for whats on the field... its the atmosphere

Do not chant and the 'money base' will disappear ...this product is no better than a USL team, so what are you chanting for... how many fans use to show for USL? we have no history, we have nothing to chant for...

Do Not chant... if you do, don't complain... the only thing you can control is the atmosphere you create...

Section 117
10-15-2010, 11:49 AM
No chanting and just sit there don't even stand up just sit there and make it feel like the ACC

Technorgasm
10-15-2010, 12:03 PM
CAN WE PLEASE FOCUS SOME OF THIS ENERGY ON THE columbus CREW and THEIR TRAVELING FANS?

like, cant we remind them that they suck ass balls.

its all gone quiet over here. . .
. . I cant here a fucking thing. . from us.

this game is going to suck.

Roogsy
10-15-2010, 12:46 PM
Pedro from NEE does a GREAT job at describing the unhappiness that the two largest SGs are feeling.

http://www.cbc.ca/video/news/audioplayer.html?clipid=1616047312

Oldtimer
10-15-2010, 12:50 PM
The 5 KKKrew fans coming can enjoy the sound of silence.

Pigfynn
10-15-2010, 12:56 PM
Pedro from NEE does a GREAT job at describing the unhappiness that the two largest SGs are feeling.

Very well said!

Hustle
10-15-2010, 01:03 PM

Very well put. Good to hear them get the point across professionally on CBC morning radio which I think is the number one radio program in Ontario.

Red Rat
10-15-2010, 01:24 PM
CAN WE PLEASE FOCUS SOME OF THIS ENERGY ON THE columbus CREW and THEIR TRAVELING FANS?

do we have anti KKK banners for tomorrow?

rr

Belfast_Boy
10-15-2010, 01:26 PM
Good interview.
it's too bad that all the groups couldn't come together on this. I'm sure NEE are thinking it's about time we did something. feel like we're a little slow out of the blocks on this. but at least something is happening now.

Boris
10-15-2010, 01:27 PM
Good interview.
it's too bad that all the groups couldn't come together on this. I'm sure NEE are thinking it's about time we did something. feel like we're a little slow out of the blocks on this. but at least something is happening now.

if you look at the two ideas put forward they are very similar in many ways.
Its going to be an interesting day

denime
10-15-2010, 01:30 PM

Why waste energy on them?

Let them sing and be louder than us,that will just show ML$E there in no home field advantage without SG's passion and support.We don't stand the chance anyway 8 players from line up are out,good luck crossing the center line tomorrow.

Belfast_Boy
10-15-2010, 01:36 PM
if you look at the two ideas put forward they are very similar in many ways.
Its going to be an interesting day

you're right big guy. they'll work well together.

Roogsy
10-15-2010, 01:40 PM
Good interview.

Although it is not an official request from RPB, I do know that there are several of us that will be following NEE's position on this and will not be singing. Cooperation doesn't have to be done at the top levels of the group. We can do it as individual supporters as well.

DavydMT
10-15-2010, 01:44 PM
Save your voice on Saturday and support TFC Academy on Sunday

Sunday October 17, 2010
FC Hamilton Croatia - TFC Academy
Start Time: 7:00 pm

Brian Timmis Stadium, Hamilton
75 Balsam Ave. N., Hamilton, ON L8L 8C1

http://maps.google.ca/maps?oe=utf-8&...,0.009474&z=17 (http://maps.google.ca/maps?oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&q=75+Balsam+Ave.+N.,+Hamilton,+ON++L8L+8C1&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=75+Balsam+Ave+N,+Hamilton,+Hamilton+Division ,+Ontario+L8L+6Y3&gl=ca&ei=n7O3TMPiKaLfnQeX_qGiCQ&ved=0CBYQ8gEwAA&ll=43.251931,-79.82843&spn=0.003798,0.009474&z=17)

Price: $15

GO schedules: http://www.gotransit.com/publicroot/...tser.aspx?New= (http://www.gotransit.com/publicroot/en/schedules/lstser.aspx?New=)

Gobi
10-15-2010, 01:45 PM
I support singing Dichio, but Dichio only.
He's the best thing to ever be associated with this club and singing his praises has no bearing on our protest against the ownership and its mismanagement.
But if the consensus says No Singing, period, I'll shut up.

Boris
10-15-2010, 01:46 PM
He's the best thing to ever be associated with this club and singing his praises has no bearing on our protest against the ownership and its mismanagement.

i think best bet would be to go with the majority....
the atmosphere will be weird..

Hustle
10-15-2010, 01:47 PM
Yes, I hope Krew Supporters are very loud and we are super quiet. I think tomorrow is about proving a point and showing what BMO will be like as they keep raising prices.

DavydMT
10-15-2010, 01:49 PM

Dichio was at the CSL game on Wednesday, we did his song twice.

maninb
10-15-2010, 01:56 PM
^^ Hell, Nick is one of the few players this year that has EXCEEDED expectations.

LOL! That's how TERRIBLE Garcia was last year...he's gone from playing like an orange pylon with two left feet, to just very very very bad.....

AL-MO
10-15-2010, 02:00 PM
I'll be late to this game, but will be watching the first half from work.

I'll report in what its like to the TV audience.

Sonny Cheeba
10-19-2010, 11:28 AM
bump. reminder that NEE planned to do this for the last TWO matches.

the reason i'm bumping this is because i read that people came to some consensus (out of a few at Joes yesterday) that they'll start singing at 23:13 and cheer the boys on after.

i think that shows a lack of focus, and some satisfaction with the townhall meetings, even though there hasn't been anything to come from them yet.

continue to show your displeasure, don't let up.

BeerBaron95
10-19-2010, 11:29 AM

the reason i'm bumping this is because i read that people came to some consensus (out of a few at Joes yesterday) that they'll start singing at 23:13 and cheer the boys on after.

i think that shows a lack of focus, and some satisfaction with the townhall meetings, even though there hasn't been anything to come from them yet.

^^ THIS!!

DangerRed
10-19-2010, 11:44 AM
If that's what's happening (ie cheering from 23:13 onward), then you may as well not protest at all.

Only a fraction wore green on Saturday and it didn't show on TV at all, and if people start cheering at 23:13, that'll completely sabotage NEE's action.

King Tut
10-19-2010, 11:46 AM

Exactly.

No half assed protest please. Stick to your guns and don't contradict yourselves.

Thanks.

Sonny Cheeba
10-19-2010, 11:47 AM
^^i'm not certain that it is happening that way, but i've seen a fairly informal discussion about it in another thread. i think the matchday thread. anyways. it needs to be squashed sooner than later.

because all that small discussion will do is confuse people, then send mixed signals.

Roogsy
10-19-2010, 11:47 AM
If that's what's happening (ie cheering from 23:13 onward), then you may as well not protest at all.

Only a fraction wore green on Saturday and it didn't show on TV at all, and if people start cheering at 23:13, that'll completely sabotage NEE's action.

What the group will or will not do was not decided at Shoeless last night. Some people had a discussion and ideas were thrown around, that's it. So let's not assume that anyone knows what was decided.

And what NEE do is their own business. Both SGs have made their points very clear and both will continue to address this issue from their own point of view. I don't know what will happen tonight, but let's not misconstrue any action as support or sabotage of another group just because they don't do things exactly the same. They didn't wear green on Saturday, did they sabotage RPB? That's a ridiculous statement.

King Tut
10-19-2010, 11:48 AM

Reminder, if you guys jump up and down like trained clowns today, you will lose all your credibility from this point onwards. FACT!

Don't ruin a good thing! :facepalm:

King Tut
10-19-2010, 11:48 AM
^^i'm not certain that it is happening that way, but i've seen a fairly informal discussion about it in another thread. i think the matchday thread. anyways. it needs to be squashed sooner than later.

because all that small discussion will do is confuse people, then send mixed signals.

I agree.

TFC Tifoso
10-19-2010, 11:50 AM

its not about sabotaging anything. NEE will do their thing regardless of what else happens....

it is about having to sacrifice something you love to do for the bigger picture....

if things start to go status quo around parts of the stadium, then I feel that whatever momentum this has picked up - especially with the media - will die down, and will make an impression going in to the offseason....

Sonny Cheeba
10-19-2010, 11:52 AM
What the group will or will not do was not decided at Shoeless last night. Some people had a discussion and ideas were thrown around, that's it. So let's not assume that anyone knows what was decided.

And what NEE do is their own business. Both SGs have made their points very clear and both will continue to address this issue from their own point of view. I don't know what will happen tonight, but let's not misconstrue any action as support or sabotage of another group just because they don't do things exactly the same. They didn't wear green on Saturday, did they sabotage RPB? That's a ridiculous statement.

well i guess i'm guilty for assuming that.... i should've put a little disclaimer that it maybe wasn't an official decision of sorts.

anyways. it shouldn't be discussed in the match thread if it's only an idea. there should be an official stance or something posted somewhere in the main forum.

that said. i still think continued silence should be the way to go... or else focus becomes fuzzy.

London
10-19-2010, 11:52 AM
its not about sabotaging anything. NEE will do their thing regardless of what else happens....

it is about having to sacrifice something you love to do for the bigger picture....

if things start to go status quo around parts of the stadium, then I feel that whatever momentum this has picked up - especially with the media - will die down, and will make an impression going in to the offseason....

i agree 100%,

it is best to leave people with something to think about over the off season.

King Tut
10-19-2010, 11:54 AM

WORD!

Don't back down on your stance. If you want to be taken seriously, then you need to stick to your words. The silence needs to be maintained for tonight's match as well.

fetajr
10-19-2010, 11:54 AM
how about everyone just run on the field after the game and take a shit... provides for some good fertilizer for next season

jabbronies
10-19-2010, 11:57 AM
how about everyone just run on the field after the game and take a shit... provides for some good fertilizer for next season

We don't need Columbus Crew logos all over our pitch.

King Tut
10-19-2010, 12:03 PM
How about we get back to the real issue at hand instead of attempting to crack jokes here?

jabbronies
10-19-2010, 12:12 PM
How about we get back to the real issue at hand instead of attempting to crack jokes here?

Whoa...easy there Mr Serious.

Right - So decisions about the direction the Red Patch Boys will be taking is being discussed. Those outside of the group will know what the groups decision is when the leaders of the RPB feel the time is right.

Thanks for your input. See you at the park.

Sonny Cheeba
10-19-2010, 12:16 PM

Right - So decisions about the direction the Red Patch Boys will be taking is being discussed. Those outside of the group will know what the groups decision is when the leaders of the RPB feel the time is right.

don't lose focus...

fo-cus
fo-cus
fo-cus

that is all.

jabbronies
10-19-2010, 12:20 PM
don't lose focus...

fo-cus
fo-cus
fo-cus

that is all.

agreed.

King Tut
10-19-2010, 12:22 PM

Hey Mr. Joker, there's a place for jokes and there's a place for seriousness.

This thread is discussing a serious issue at hand. The jokes belong elsewhere. Just sayin'......

:picard::picard::picard::picard::picard::picard:

DangerRed
10-19-2010, 12:22 PM

Surely you jest. Them not wearing green Saturday or tonight had and has a WAY smaller impact on the overall effectiveness of the protest stadium-wide than you guys all starting to cheer, which effectively nullifies the silence of the remaining fans/supporter groups.

Perspective, please.

mclaren
10-19-2010, 12:34 PM
I like NEE more each day.

Whoop
10-19-2010, 12:40 PM
I think it's more imperative - if that's possible - to be silent than it is wearing green. Doing both would be best. If you can't find green, silence is golden.

fetajr
10-19-2010, 02:20 PM

sooooo..this isn't the plan??...i've been eating beans all day preparing for this.

Brooker
10-19-2010, 02:28 PM

TFC has been doing that all season. Give the field a break.

Parkdale
10-19-2010, 02:36 PM
TFC has been doing that all season. Give the field a break.

ahaha..... more jokes !!

BeerBaron95
10-19-2010, 02:39 PM
^^ I wouldnt consider it a joke at all.. more like fact.

denime
10-19-2010, 04:07 PM
sooooo..this isn't the plan??...i've been eating beans all day preparing for this.

The plan is simple,we will stick to our guns and be GREEN and SILENT tonight.

_