PDA

View Full Version : Wear Green

Phil
10-13-2010, 10:14 AM
The time has come to unite and make a statement to MLSE in regards to pricing the fans out of that stadium.

In reading the posts from the past few weeks its clear the message is that we are fed up with the display of greed coming from the ownership of this team.

What we are proposing is that for the final games of the year at home, we wear green in the stands to symbolize the greed and cash grabbing nature of MLSE.

We want to let the team and management know that when we say "All for One" it means something.

It doesn't mean doubling the price of seasons tickets over a span of 4 years. It means that you should be rewarding loyaty not exploiting it. Doing this type of action is in the best intrests of all fans in that stadium, not only supporters. We have a community and atmosphere to protect and the current attitude by ownership threatens that.

We are seeing rumours about adjustment to the ticket packages, but in all reality we are now looking to next year and trying to send the message that these increases are not welcome or warranted.

Red Patch Boys

Fort York Redcoat
10-13-2010, 10:24 AM
I'm in!!!

Ageroo
10-13-2010, 10:27 AM
i will get my leprechaun costume out of storage...... ;)

H Bomb
10-13-2010, 10:28 AM
Was wondering when y'all would be posting this stuff. I have green things, I will wear something green, and then wear my tan jacket open all game!

Roogsy
10-13-2010, 11:02 AM
I hope all members and non-members who have voiced displeasure this year with the direction and operation of our team participates in this initiative. The plain fact of the matter is that THIS is when you make your voice heard. If we don't do it now, we will never come together as a united group.

Quite simply....just wear green.

Belfast_Boy
10-13-2010, 11:05 AM
I guess we've gone public since this isn't the members section.
so we're ok to hit Facebook etc now?

Roogsy
10-13-2010, 11:06 AM
Read my signature!

Parkdale
10-13-2010, 11:08 AM
Read my signature!

I never read anything you post ;)

Green it IS!

Sonny Cheeba
10-13-2010, 11:11 AM
i'm just not going. are you planning something else or just wearing green? i assume some banners. the we deserve better banner should come out from whoever has that (u-sector?)

i heard about the wearing green thing already, and something about garbage bags? (LOL) hopefully it's t-shirt weather for you guys. i don't imagine that many people have green jackets..

Technorgasm
10-13-2010, 11:12 AM
easy solution - CSL. lol

DavydMT
10-13-2010, 11:19 AM
Real Supporters Wear Green.

We have big green flags, banners and 2 sticks.

It is very easy to make 2 sticks banner --> How to make a simple banner (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blNKbyzJpwc) or you can just use spray-paint.

Suds
10-13-2010, 11:21 AM
i'm just not going. are you planning something else or just wearing green? i assume some banners. the we deserve better banner should come out from whoever has that (u-sector?)

i heard about the wearing green thing already, and something about garbage bags? (LOL) hopefully it's t-shirt weather for you guys. i don't imagine that many people have green jackets..

Yes, to banners. Some people are making their own and some are being made by groups.

The garbage bags idea was just put forward as a cheap alternative to people who don't have anything green to wear. Although, the symbolism is quite funny. :D

Sonny Cheeba
i was just wondering what else is going on. i'm not making a two-stick as i'm not going.

ilikemusic
Funny enough, if you watch the highlights for the Canada-Peru match during the first half, I am sitting (well, standing) in the first row of 115 or 114 or something and am wearing a bright green hoodie. Anytime the play was at the south end all you could see was a bunch of red, and one very prominent green man right dead centre. :lol:

Boris
10-13-2010, 11:22 AM
Funny enough, if you watch the highlights for the Canada-Peru match during the first half, I am sitting (well, standing) in the first row of 115 or 114 or something and am wearing a bright green hoodie. Anytime the play was at the south end all you could see was a bunch of red, and one very prominent green man right dead centre. :lol:

then you have a chance to wear it again........

just saying

Sonny Cheeba
10-13-2010, 11:23 AM
Yes, to banners. Some people are making their own and some are being made by groups.

The garbage bags idea was just put forward as a cheap alternative to people who don't have anything green to wear. Although, the symbolism is quite funny. :D

well hopefully it's seen on TV...

just don't paint LOL on any of the garbage bags.

Parkdale
10-13-2010, 11:24 AM
just don't paint LOL on any of the garbage bags.

best.banner.ever.

Darlofletch
10-13-2010, 11:25 AM
very in. I enjoy a good simple stick it to the man gesture.

Parkdale
10-13-2010, 11:25 AM
it's a facebook event now too. (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=159820914038943#%21/event.php?eid=159820914038943)

please pass the word along to people who may not frequent the messageboards often

werewolf
10-13-2010, 11:26 AM
any information regarding buying a bulk load of t-shirts from Chinatown?

Parkdale
10-13-2010, 11:30 AM

none yet.... but if anyone happens to be around Spadina.... please look into it.

I plan on grabbing as many green shirts as I can find. Then passing them out.

werewolf
10-13-2010, 11:33 AM
none yet.... but if anyone happens to be around Spadina.... please look into it.

I plan on grabbing as many green shirts as I can find. Then passing them out.

6 for $10 apparently, I can point you (or if someone else wants to buy a bulk load) in the right direction. I am in Paris until Friday evening, otherwise I could be more proactive myself.

Parkdale
10-13-2010, 11:35 AM
that's great info!

I know the one store on Spadina (west side) just south of Dundas that does them.

There's also a spot in Parkdale I plan on raiding for green-ts.

and don't forget .... a green T would go over a longsleeve RPB shirt nicely :)

DavydMT
10-13-2010, 11:37 AM

Best price we can get is around $2 per t-shirt, very pricy for a big order. But if everyone can get an extra t-shirt (XL) and just give it to a person who is not wearing green we should be good.

torontocelt
10-13-2010, 11:49 AM
I can wear my celtic away top to the stadium, good plan on wearing green.

ilikemusic
10-13-2010, 11:50 AM
then you have a chance to wear it again........

just saying

If I ever bother to go...I will wear it.

__wowza
10-13-2010, 11:54 AM
just thought i'd post these up in case anyone wanted em:

http://imm.io/media/1C/1CwS.png

http://imm.io/media/1C/1CxW.png

http://imm.io/media/1C/1CxE.png

http://imm.io/media/1C/1Cyw.png

thisisinternetclash
10-13-2010, 12:19 PM
I like this idea. I won't be at the game, myself, but I think it would be a good idea for some of you guys to gather up as many green trash bags as you can and bring them into the stadium. Then hand them out to wear like ponchos to people who weren't aware of the protest. Could make a big difference.

v00d00daddy
10-13-2010, 12:25 PM
I'll be sporting green. Time to bust out the old Palmeiras jersey.

Sonny Cheeba
10-13-2010, 12:33 PM
seriously. if you guys could do this, and get on the non-chanting tip that would be proper.

Boris
10-13-2010, 12:36 PM
seriously. if you guys could do this, and get on the non-chanting tip that would be proper.

as i said - no drum n capo.

we just need people on side!

Sonny Cheeba
10-13-2010, 12:40 PM
as i said - no drum n capo.

we just need people on side!

i was writing that when your post was posted.

i think keeping dichio 23:13 quiet will be the most difficult part.

Kooper
10-13-2010, 12:45 PM
i was writing that when your post was posted.

i think keeping dichio 23:13 quiet will be the most difficult part.

Agreed. I know it sort of defeats the purpose but what if before kick off there was a massive "No Respect - No Cheer" repeated then everyone sat down and shut up for the whole game.

Wow I think for the first time ever I am actually going to use my seat.

TFC John
10-13-2010, 08:20 PM
If someone is bulk buying T-shirts count me in for 10. I'll be at the tailgate and pay you then or PM me if you need an EMT in advance. Better make these XL because I think they'll have to go over top of other clothes. If nothing is being organized I'll grab the shirts I need myself. I just want to make it easier for someone who is looking into this to commit knowIng that at least some shirts will be resold.

Suds
10-13-2010, 08:22 PM
If someone is bulk buying T-shirts count me in for 10. I'll be at the tailgate and pay you then or PM me if you need an EMT in advance. Better make these XL because I think they'll have to go over top of other clothes. If nothing is being organized I'll grab the shirts I need myself. I just want to make it easier for someone who is looking into this to commit knowIng that at least some shirts will be resold.

No tailgate this weekend. Shoeless is the place to be.

ArmenJBX
10-13-2010, 08:32 PM
lol, you are all fools.

You know MLSE is going to release a special green TFC jersey to finish off the season.:D

rocktml
10-13-2010, 08:40 PM
^ Hahaha its funny because its true :(

Everyone is showing there displeasure one way or another some are wearing green some are not chanting (which I think everyone should be doing) and some arent even showing up......should be a game to remember.

TFC John
10-13-2010, 08:41 PM
No tailgate this weekend. Shoeless is the place to be.

See? That's what happens when I stop reading the boards.

Fortunately I like going to Joe's. My offer still stands. If someone is buying shirts, let me know and I'll buy 10 from you.

THA BUTCHA
10-13-2010, 09:39 PM
Wear green.

Lame.

Just stay home guys

Red Rat
10-13-2010, 09:52 PM
Staying home, that's lame.

THA BUTCHA
10-13-2010, 10:06 PM
I remember when you guys were gonna BLACK for something a couple of years ago.

That didn't work out to well.

menefreghista
10-13-2010, 10:11 PM

That wasn't for a TFC game.

It was to protest the CSA.

THA BUTCHA
10-13-2010, 10:32 PM
It's the same pool of people your trying to recruit to your cause.....

Regardless what I'm really trying to say is: People have tried to protest in the past but we all know what matters to MLSE...

MONEY$$$

Look what just happened. Because people refused to renew their season ticket (not give MLSE $$$$). MLSE has issued an apology and made changes to their ticket prices.

I don't think MLSE reacted because they heard the RED PATCH BOYS are gonna be wearing "green" to the next game.

Give your heads a shake....
Stay Home

Roogsy
10-13-2010, 11:07 PM
You first...

ArmenJBX
10-13-2010, 11:32 PM
Lol imagine if we wore green against Seattle.. Now that would really have MlSE and TFC scratching their heads..

"um, is it green for money or are they sounders fans now?"

T.Reis
10-14-2010, 12:13 AM

Regardless what I'm really trying to say is: People have tried to protest in the past but we all know what matters to MLSE...

MONEY$$$

Look what just happened. Because people refused to renew their season ticket (not give MLSE $$$$). MLSE has issued an apology and made changes to their ticket prices.

I don't think MLSE reacted because they heard the RED PATCH BOYS are gonna be wearing "green" to the next game.

Stay Home

Agreed!

Plus it's October! Not to many people have Green jackets, and October by the lake is to damn cold to be wearing a green hoodie/sweater!

DichioTFC
10-14-2010, 01:27 AM
Green flares. Green streamers. There are other options available if finding a green t-shirt for $9 somewhere isn't an option

Auzzy
10-14-2010, 02:26 AM
Both the planned "Green" protest, and the NEE plans for silence, have already made it into a Canadian Press article & into a number of papers & news shows (together with reporting on the TFC apolo-joke letter). Before the protests have even happened, they are already having an effect, at least to frame the reaction to TFC's minimal improvement of the seasons ticket package.

This is excellent, as such news reports will reach a larger number of casual & un-affiliated fans and SSH's. This will lead many to question whether TFC has offered enough of a compromise. It will also increase awareness of the upcoming Town Halls & their aftermath. And you can now be sure that news outlets will be watching for the fan protests at the last home games.

James Oliphant
10-14-2010, 05:39 AM
$5 to the first person I see dressed like this:

http://www.the-isb.com/images/RiddlerTV.jpg

An additional $5 to the first leprechaun costume I spot.

GBV
10-14-2010, 06:07 AM

MONEY$$$

Stay Home

They changed the ticket prices?
I missed that.
Or is that your spin for them merely taking two games off the batch, yet keeping the per-game price increase?

Fort York Redcoat
10-14-2010, 06:41 AM
Stay Home

No thanks. I want my concerns to be seen and heard. There's a less chance of that from my basement.

But don't worry- I'll explain to everyone there that you're protesting and not giving up on the team. You know, since one can't tell the difference at the stadium.:thumbsup:

Auzzy
10-14-2010, 07:09 AM
$5 to the first person I see dressed like this:

http://www.the-isb.com/images/RiddlerTV.jpg

An additional $5 to the first leprechaun costume I spot.

Change those question marks to $dollar signs, and it's a perfect protest costume :D

Derko
10-14-2010, 09:03 AM
I do agree with a visible statement, as well I have not been buying stuff at the stadium for a while, wearing green will be called a copy of the Manchester United protest, I think it should be the opposing team's colours. I have a yellow and black shirt.

Roogsy
10-14-2010, 09:05 AM
Both the planned "Green" protest, and the NEE plans for silence, have already made it into a Canadian Press article & into a number of papers & news shows (together with reporting on the TFC apolo-joke letter). Before the protests have even happened, they are already having an effect, at least to frame the reaction to TFC's minimal improvement of the seasons ticket package.

This is excellent, as such news reports will reach a larger number of casual & un-affiliated fans and SSH's. This will lead many to question whether TFC has offered enough of a compromise. It will also increase awareness of the upcoming Town Halls & their aftermath. And you can now be sure that news outlets will be watching for the fan protests at the last home games.

Exactly. So for everyone who thinks these intiatives are not successul, this is already proving them wrong.

mdc 77
10-14-2010, 11:11 AM

Why do you think that didn't go so well?

It was recognized not only by soccer blogs around north america but also received press in the papers on the state of the csa. Nobody expected the csa to completely change over night but the point was to get people talking and it worked. Further the point, the csa while very slow at change has made some clear positive changes since then.

What are your reasons why you believe that initiative did not work?

Roogsy
10-14-2010, 11:13 AM
Why do you think that didn't go so well?

It was recognized not only by soccer blogs around north america but also received press in the papers on the state of the csa. Nobody expected the csa to completely change over night but the point was to get people talking and it worked. Further the point, the csa while very slow at change has made some clear positive changes since then.

What are your reasons why you believe that initiative did not work?

Because he didn't see 100% black in the stands? :noidea:

For some people, unless they snap their fingers and it gets done, then anything short of that is a failure and not worth the effort to try.

Juanito
10-14-2010, 12:36 PM
Is there anything else planned other than the "wear green"?

tfcleeds
10-14-2010, 12:47 PM

I imagine most people will not be purchasing from the concessions, and won't be making much noise. Maybe the odd clap if TFC scores.

fetajr
10-14-2010, 01:02 PM

yes, everyone BURP at the same time. I say 33:33 in the first half

http://www.stickergiant.com/Merchant2/imgs/250/ssim43.gif

it will symbolize how MLSE are greedy bastard PIGS

rocktml
10-14-2010, 01:04 PM
No Noise I Cant Stress This Enough.....

Carts
10-14-2010, 01:12 PM
I imagine most people will not be purchasing from the concessions, and won't be making much noise. Maybe the odd clap if TFC scores.

I'm drinking GREEN BEER!

Green Beer at home... Green Beer at Joes... Green beer at BMO...

I'm going to wear & drink GREEN...

Carts...

mastermixer
10-14-2010, 03:30 PM
Its a pretty sad state of affairs when our final game of the season is in 48 hours and its not even being discussed in one thread on these boards. Not even a pre-game thread.

Just two years ago we celebrated our team when they paraded around the field on that last game. Will they get the same respect?

Parkdale
10-14-2010, 03:31 PM
Its a pretty sad state of affairs when our final game of the season is in 48 hours and its not even being discussed in one thread on these boards. Not even a pre-game thread.

the season is over. We're not making the playoffs.

T0R0NT0 FC
10-14-2010, 03:41 PM
the season is over. We're not making the playoffs.

Hey Parkdale, I think you need to change your ">" sign to a "<" sign. Right now it reads that WINNING is greater than PROFIT. :D

Suds
10-14-2010, 03:46 PM

Just two years ago we celebrated our team when they paraded around the field on that last game. Will they get the same respect?

I plan to show my respect to the players at the end of the game for playing this season. (I'll always do this whether the team was great or sucked for the season) They did not create problems around this team. They did not hire & fire 5 coaches in 4 years. They did not extend Mo's contract. They did not raise ticket prices.

I'm clear on who my anger is directed at.

T.O TILL I DIE
10-14-2010, 08:37 PM
okayy quick question someone answer please:)

will you be singing and chanting and just a suggestion but makes tifos of dollar bills and stuff like that kinda how NEE did it, itll get through to mlse if redpatch boys/ usector do it

twistedchinaman
10-15-2010, 01:28 AM
Sort of sad that in YEAR FOUR that this is already being done.

But damn, that's why I admire this group -- at least you fucking say something, unlike most North American fans, they grumble and then take it up the @$$ anyway. But props for not being that way.

I wish I could be there with the green as well...but yeah...distance and all that...

Azerban
10-15-2010, 09:52 AM
there are simple green flags banners and stuff right

what people are wearing prob. won't be enough

Pookie
10-15-2010, 09:54 AM
okayy quick question someone answer please:)

will you be singing and chanting and just a suggestion but makes tifos of dollar bills and stuff like that kinda how NEE did it, itll get through to mlse if redpatch boys/ usector do it

The only chant I want to sing is:

Can you hear Anselmi sing?
no, no

Parkdale
10-15-2010, 09:54 AM

yes, there are some BIG green flags and stuff.

H Bomb
10-15-2010, 09:55 AM

Make em dude. Truth is tomorrow is the day where you say your thing. Go to fabric land, get a little green, find a stick, and force those two things together. But gotta do it yoself.

Parkdale
10-15-2010, 09:57 AM
Make em dude. Truth is tomorrow is the day where you say your thing. Go to fabric land, get a little green, find a stick, and force those two things together. But gotta do it yoself.

exactly!

I WISH WISH WISH more people would make 2-sticks and flags and banners just because they can. And not just green ones, but all types for normal games.

Azerban
10-15-2010, 10:00 AM
yeah it's midterms time prob. not going to happen

i mean i can wave or hold a thing, but spending time on things that aren't floyd-hoare logic or mixed strategies in game theory probably won't go

Azerban
10-15-2010, 10:00 AM
also i'm retarded and can't draw a straight line

literally incapable at the graphic arts

basic motor functions though, that's where i really shine

Fort York Redcoat
10-15-2010, 10:09 AM
But gotta do it yoself.

:D well said.

H Bomb
10-15-2010, 10:10 AM
:D well said.

fuckin mod. you better be hung over....you see pics?

Boris
10-15-2010, 11:08 AM
how the day will work....

http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=25008

Section225
10-15-2010, 01:26 PM
getting everyone not to wear the free 10,000 (presumably red) toques will be a mission! I bet that's a deliberate move by ML$E in an attempt to derail the supporter's groups' actions...:picard:

Red Rat
10-15-2010, 01:28 PM
getting everyone not to wear the free 10,000 (presumably red) toques will be a mission! I bet that's a deliberate move by ML$E in an attempt to derail the supporter's groups' actions...:picard:

they are black with red KIA logo and TFC on back.
I got one and I want one more.

rr

TFC Cityboy
10-15-2010, 01:38 PM
they are black with red KIA logo and TFC on back.
I got one and I want one more.

rr
too bad Sobey's wasn't the sponsor with nice green ones!

cmonyoureds
10-16-2010, 09:56 AM
just bought my GREEN shirt, on our way to TO from St Kitts. Cya at Shoeless.

London
10-16-2010, 10:03 AM
cant wait to see the look on peoples faces when they try to sneak into 112 with there red kits one,

the sight of us sitting there not wearing red will be priceless

Red Rat
10-16-2010, 10:07 AM
too bad Sobey's wasn't the sponsor with nice green ones!

grab one if you get a chance they nice, hey if you can grab me one it will be a bonus

rr

tfc2008
10-16-2010, 10:43 AM
WEAR GREEN!

and let your wallet home dont buy drinks and foods inside the stadion

ochos
10-16-2010, 02:44 PM
Not to step out of line, but I want to voice my disappointment with the leadership for waiting until last minute to announce the wear green campaign.

I'm on the 29 bus headed to the game and almost everyone is wearing RED.

We waited too long to take action, even though options were in place a month ahead of time.

See you all at the game.

ochos
10-17-2010, 11:27 AM
^^as a follow up, I'm very proud of the group for yesterday's unified display. All credit to the exec