PDA

View Full Version : Open statement to Paul and company

trane
10-13-2010, 09:33 AM
Fuck you. I have not interest in watching MLS clubs competing for a trophy in my teams stadium. I do want to watch CL games of my team. Removing two games that I want to see, to watch the finals of an US league, has not interest for me. So I am done, with MLSE and TFC. Fuck you very much. I hope that your team fails and that you lose money, you do not understand football and you never will, you do not deserve to be at the head of our cities biggest club.

I pray that someone else either buys this team, or a second team run by people that love and understand the game is brought. I had enough. I WILL NOT PAY ONE DIME TO WATCH THE MLS FINAL IF TFC IS NOT IN IT.

I hope that the stadium is empty and/or burning durring the MLS final.

[ I am not encouraging people to burn the stadium-but those are those my feeling at the moment after hearing that cunt Paul B. talk shit about how much most supporters want the MLS Cup-You do not want to be embarrased and you desrve to be embarassed you idiot that helped run a good think into the ground.]

Jarrek
10-13-2010, 10:23 AM
An open statement that starts off with a "Fuck You" will probably never be read by anyone at the FO.

ExiledRed
10-13-2010, 10:23 AM
cmon, Trane, dont hold back now, let us know how you really feel.

Its saddening to see so many passionate supporters, disillusioned, disappointed and angry. Its also saddening to be made to feel like a schmuck year after year, and its infuriating to watch Anselmi go on TV and make ludicrous statements about how its justifiable to charge more per game than one of the biggest clubs in the world, for a bottom feeder team in a budget league.

They dont come close to the spending that said 'biggest club' puts down to ensure its repeated success, in fact, they can get away with only paying two players while the league takes care of the rest, and they dont really need a transfer kitty.

I think about 50-60% of Manchester United's annual revenue goes on players (thats not a precise statistic, but its around there from what I remember)

Many of Manchester United's fans believe they have been priced out of Old Trafford, but the club doesnt notice because of the massive international fanbase that replaced the local fans who couldnt afford to go.

Personally, I dont feel TFC can accumulate enough glory hunter types to take out place, glory hunters seek winning teams in big leagues.

trane
10-13-2010, 10:24 AM
^ I new you would understand.

Boris
10-13-2010, 10:26 AM

Its saddening to see so many passionate supporters, disillusioned, disappointed and angry. Its also saddening to be made to feel like a schmuck year after year, and its infuriating to watch Anselmi go on TV and make ludicrous statements about how its justifiable to charge more per game than one of the biggest clubs in the world, for a bottom feeder team in a budget league.

They dont come close to the spending that said 'biggest club' puts down to ensure its repeated success, in fact, they can get away with only paying two players while the league takes care of the rest, and they dont really need a transfer kitty.

I think about 50-60% of Manchester United's annual revenue goes on players (thats not a precise statistic, but its around there from what I remember)

Many of Manchester United's fans believe they have been priced out of Old Trafford, but the club doesnt notice because of the massive international fanbase that replaced the local fans who couldnt afford to go.

Personally, I dont feel TFC can accumulate enough glory hunter types to take out place, glory hunters seek winning teams in big leagues.

great points.

which is why i hope people all around and especially in 112 can get behind this:
http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=24966

Beach_Red
10-13-2010, 10:29 AM
It is kind of funny to watch them scramble and back peddle and try and talk their way out of this. All those claims that they're really good businessmen, they're really good at making money are staring to look like bunk. They were in the right place at the right time and made the most obvious decisions.

Now they may have to actually go out and sell their product. And to make matters worse they've set their own product back, they've dug their own hole.

If they don't start reading the letters that start with, "Fuck you," things will never get better.

ExiledRed
10-13-2010, 10:35 AM
If they don't start reading the letters that start with, "Fuck you," things will never get better.

Seriously, if someone who gives you money year after year, is saying 'fuck you, i'm not giving you another dime' it makes practical business sense to figure out why.

mclaren
10-13-2010, 10:40 AM
Seriously, if someone who gives you money year after year, is saying 'fuck you, i'm not giving you another dime' it makes practical business sense to figure out why.

AMEN.

trane
10-13-2010, 10:41 AM
It is kind of funny to watch them scramble and back peddle and try and talk their way out of this. All those claims that they're really good businessmen, they're really good at making money are staring to look like bunk. They were in the right place at the right time and made the most obvious decisions.

Now they may have to actually go out and sell their product. And to make matters worse they've set their own product back, they've dug their own hole.

Exactly, they need to start waking up.

DaBandit
10-13-2010, 10:42 AM

Excellent post.. despite the fact u mentioned ManU numerous times.. :D

__wowza
10-13-2010, 10:47 AM

as crude as it comes across, this makes too much sense.

Darlofletch
10-13-2010, 11:04 AM

yep, good businessmen? really? as i just finished writing in an email

What’s the per game increase they gave us this year, $2 or something? In the grand scheme of things that’s insignificant. Why piss everyone off for such a small amount. An extra $30 or $40 for the season, is that worth the outrage they’ve created. A lot of people are going to the games regardless, let them feel good about it, let them feel like the club appreciates them, drop prices by say $5 per game instead. All of a sudden people feel better, they buy a beer, mlse’s share of that has got to be close to the $5, bang money back. $5 per game would be $100 over the season, someone’s happy to buy a jersey and a scarf, bang money back. Lots of people happily spreading the word and persuading friends to come, bang money back. Lots of people happily walking round in their bmo ads, that makes bmo happy and willing to pay more, bang money back. You’ve got to imagine bmo’s pissed off, they’ve signed the new big contract thinking they’re getting lots of happy smiley billboards, and instead the fans are angry and boycotting merchandise.

for a tiny bit of money, they've really pissed people off in ways that's going to affect their botom line in much bigger amounts later. stupid.

they shouldn't be seeing tickets as the cash cow to be milked, they should be keeping them cheap, seeing them as the things that keeps all the other cash cows flowing.

torontocelt
10-13-2010, 12:07 PM
Fuck you. I have not interest in watching MLS clubs competing for a trophy in my teams stadium. I do want to watch CL games of my team. Removing two games that I want to see, to watch the finals of an US league, has not interest for me. So I am done, with MLSE and TFC. Fuck you very much. I hope that your team fails and that you lose money, you do not understand football and you never will, you do not deserve to be at the head of our cities biggest club.

I pray that someone else either buys this team, or a second team run by people that love and understand the game is brought. I had enough. I WILL NOT PAY ONE DIME TO WATCH THE MLS FINAL IF TFC IS NOT IN IT.

I hope that the stadium is empty and/or burning durring the MLS final.

[ I am not encouraging people to burn the stadium-but those are those my feeling at the moment after hearing that cunt Paul B. talk shit about how much most supporters want the MLS Cup-You do not want to be embarrased and you desrve to be embarassed you idiot that helped run a good think into the ground.]

I love how it starts with 'fuck you', it is pretty much what I would like to say to MLSE also.

trane
10-13-2010, 12:49 PM
^ I feel like they have been holding me at ransom for four years.

Red Rat
10-13-2010, 01:17 PM
Give to them trane!!

rr

ExiledRed
10-13-2010, 01:20 PM
Its like watching Trane retch in slow motion....

(that was a homage to Kevv by the way.)

trane
10-13-2010, 01:21 PM
^ ahahha. Were is Kevvv?????

ExiledRed
10-13-2010, 01:53 PM
What scares me is that they may actually have a good business plan behind this.

That should have everybody terrified IMO.

trane
10-13-2010, 01:55 PM
^ I would like to understand the business plan. In some ways it would clarify if I should support this club long term.

shaggingscot
10-14-2010, 08:35 AM
^ I would like to understand the business plan. In some ways it would clarify if I should support this club long term.

Same business plan as the vikings had...rape and pillage

TFC_Junky
10-14-2010, 08:43 AM
Same business plan as the vikings had...rape and pillage

^ ROFL, awesome. Trane, I hope you're planning on going out to the townhalls, ML$E needs to hear this!