PDA

View Full Version : TownHall Questions - Post here

fetajr
10-13-2010, 09:05 AM
Since a set of people here will be summoned to one of these Anselmi town hall sessions, what do you want to know?

fetajr
10-13-2010, 09:06 AM
Tom, you know nothing about soccer and evaluating soccer leadership, how are you going to find the best manager available to run TFC?

Auzzy
10-13-2010, 09:11 AM
Tom, how do you expect to hire a top manager & a top coach, and expect them to succeed on their own terms, if you will apparently force them to keep front-office staff such as Brennan & Cochrane, and all the existing assistant coaches?

Parkdale
10-13-2010, 09:16 AM
Since a set of people here will be summoned to one of these Anselmi town hall sessions, what do you want to know?

that's a whole lot of speculation right there.

how do you know people will be 'summoned'?

maybe it will be an open even for anyone who can attend?

none of that info is out yet, so let's keep this thread to actual questions - and not speculation.

Darlofletch
10-13-2010, 09:18 AM
in his initial press conference, preki made it clear he thought we were a long way away from a playoff team and a lot of changes would need to be made.

you seem to be suggesting you thought just a few tweaks were necessary to "put us over the finish line" and into the playoffs

So why did preki get hired? Was he that much of a liar in the interview?

also, do you really see making the playoffs as the finish line? cos that's alarming if true.

fetajr
10-13-2010, 09:32 AM
maybe it will be an open even for anyone who can attend?

and risk potential mayhem?..i doubt that. Logically, if they do these townhalls, they'll call on groups of leadership from each supporter group to keep things civilized.

Dave67
10-13-2010, 09:33 AM
I suspect the TownHall deal will be very spread across all Season Ticket Holder's. Not just the supporters groups. I want to ask my questions directly and I expect a chance to do so.

Phil
10-13-2010, 09:34 AM
and risk potential mayhem?..i doubt that. Logically, if they do these townhalls, they'll call on groups of leadership from each supporter group to keep things civilized.

I wouldnt bet on that.

Lets just focus on the questions, and people should keep their eyes open for annoucements from the team on that front.

fetajr
10-13-2010, 09:35 AM
Tom, if BMO is expanded to 30000, will ticket prices be reduced all around in order to keep demand high? ... at current prices and team competitiveness, there is no way BMO will sell out continuously at 30000 seats

Parkdale
10-13-2010, 09:35 AM

let's be honest here, if they said 'open house' and gave a few days notice, then there might still only be 100 people there. Not everyone can drop whatever they are doing to attend.

While I agree there could be the potential for a lot of people to get together and be angry, I think that in real life, a lot of the 'angry internet dude' thing washes off.

trane
10-13-2010, 09:37 AM
Can you ask them if they can fuck themselves?

Boris
Info for Members only : http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=24962

fetajr
http://neorepublica.com/media/blogs/republica/mob_angry.jpg

trane
let's be honest here, if they said 'open house' and gave a few days notice, then there might still only be 100 people there. Not everyone can drop whatever they are doing to attend.

While I agree there could be the potential for a lot of people to get together and be angry, I think that in real life, a lot of the 'angry internet dude' thing washes off.

What does not wash of is a half empty stadium PARTICULARLY FOR THE MLS final, that will embarass them hurt them, that is what the supporters must do for teh sake of the club. Nothing else will do. Nothing.

kaos197O
10-13-2010, 09:38 AM
What are the real problems that have been occurring in the locker room since the conception of this club? You have Danny Dichio and Jim Brennan in management positions now and they must have some answers to the locker room issues. What, if anything, are you doing, or can be done, to ensure that we have a group of players that are truly committed to the crest, the fans, each other and the organization?

fetajr
10-13-2010, 09:38 AM
Info for Members only : http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=24962

isn't that lovely

Parkdale
10-13-2010, 09:41 AM
isn't that lovely

hey, that's how it goes around here. Nothing new about it.

Oldtimer
10-13-2010, 09:44 AM
isn't that lovely

At least be thankful that non-members are allowed on this board, that is paid for by member dues. You pay beans all. Many other SGs around the world restrict their boards to members only.

Parkdale
10-13-2010, 09:45 AM
anyway...

:topic:

what questions would you ask Tom Anselmi?

trane
10-13-2010, 09:48 AM
^ Can he fire himself?

Oldtimer
10-13-2010, 09:49 AM
Why does Tom Anselmi think that we should trust his choice of a GM, when he hasn't hired a proper search firm? Is he just going to use Barry McLean?

Why should we put up with endless increases to ticket prices?

Has he noticed the empty seats at games?

Are they willing to spend what it takes to make this team a winner, even if they have to lose money for a season or two?

Will they let the new GM bring in his guys, or is he just stuck with Earl and Jimmy as "soccer minds?"

H Bomb
10-13-2010, 09:50 AM
how bout why is special treatment being given to SG's when they only represent an overwhelming minority of the STH's? .....or is that just stirring the pot ? ;)

Oldtimer
10-13-2010, 09:54 AM
Why can't we control our own sections?

Why won't they take meaningful action against scalpers?

Why do we always have the same crap from security?

Why are south end tickets being raised more than other sections?

What are they going to do to improve transparency now that Mo is gone and his sneaky ways?

Sally Mack
10-13-2010, 09:56 AM
If these are serious questions we plan on asking... this should be in the members lounge. The last thing we need is canned answers from fo because some intern did some digging for them and found out some potential questions.

Oldtimer
10-13-2010, 09:56 AM
how bout why is special treatment being given to SG's when they only represent an overwhelming minority of the STH's? .....or is that just stirring the pot ? ;)

fetajr already answered your question. :D

Parkdale
10-13-2010, 09:57 AM

there is probably going to be something for non-SG supporters, BUT (as I'm sure you would agree) the organized groups generally do more than unorganized supporters (in terms of banners, drums and in-stadium support)

the SG's are organized, and speak on behalf of their own memberships (hence all the damn polls)

Parkdale
10-13-2010, 09:58 AM
If these are serious questions we plan on asking... this should be in the members lounge. The last thing we need is canned answers from fo because some intern did some digging for them and found out some potential questions.

I'm sure there will be a few great 'off the cuff' questions posed in the meeting.

let them plan all they want, there will always be surprises.

Oldtimer
10-13-2010, 09:58 AM
Are they going to tie future increases to results (we aren't Leafs fans)?

Will they let fans vote on whether the GM can hold his position (a la Seattle)? Mo would have been gone 2 years ago if they had done that.

kaos197O
10-13-2010, 10:04 AM

That would be a big mistake. Essentially they would be shutting out the vast majority of ssh's by only allowing leaders of Supporters groups to attend. They are not the only ones with issues and just because they pay some membership fees to be a part of a group does not mean that they should be the ONLY ones with a voice. IMO they should call people from each section throughout the stadium to come a express their concerns and share their opinions. Perhaps not an open to everyone session but one that will represent supporters throughout the stadium.

Parkdale
10-13-2010, 10:06 AM
They are not the only ones with issues and just because they pay some membership fees to be a part of a group does not mean that they should be the ONLY ones with a voice.

if you look at the TFC website, you'll see there are lots of phone numbers listed.

Any ticket holder (or even non-ticket holders) can call them up and talk to them.

H Bomb
10-13-2010, 10:06 AM
there is probably going to be something for non-SG supporters, BUT (as I'm sure you would agree) the organized groups generally do more than unorganized supporters (in terms of banners, drums and in-stadium support)

the SG's are organized, and speak on behalf of their own memberships (hence all the damn polls)

but there absolutely needs to be arrangements made for all STH's. The groups cant be trusted to speak for others, they dont speak for others, they speak for themselves. And having a group of individuals in a room all agreeing is more powerful than having a figurehead speaking for others IMO. Of course they'll do a special SG's thing, if they were killing us they'd have a special SG mass grave, i get that. I dont even have a problem with it. But these issues are totally unrelated to SGism, and needs to be dealt with as such

Parkdale
10-13-2010, 10:07 AM
again... :topic:

what questions would you ask at a town hall meeting?

H Bomb
10-13-2010, 10:07 AM
if you look at the TFC website, you'll see there are lots of phone numbers listed.

Any ticket holder (or even non-ticket holders) can call them up and talk to them.

so get boris to call them and the rest of us will go have a meeting. :canada:

Boris
10-13-2010, 10:08 AM
That would be a big mistake. Essentially they would be shutting out the vast majority of ssh's by only allowing leaders of Supporters groups to attend. They are not the only ones with issues and just because they pay some membership fees to be a part of a group does not mean that they should be the ONLY ones with a voice. IMO they should call people from each section throughout the stadium to come a express their concerns and share their opinions. Perhaps not an open to everyone session but one that will represent supporters throughout the stadium.

again - as stated before. There will be a few windows open to everyone.

kaos197O
10-13-2010, 10:10 AM
Why can't we control our own sections?

Why won't they take meaningful action against scalpers?

Why do we always have the same crap from security?

Why are south end tickets being raised more than other sections?

What are they going to do to improve transparency now that Mo is gone and his sneaky ways?

I'm curious. Do you Share these concerns in the meetings that do take place between the SG's and FO? Or is the relationship that currently exists only about banners and SG rules?

Super
10-13-2010, 10:15 AM
When will we get a roof over the supporters section?

mclaren
10-13-2010, 10:23 AM
What price does Anselmi put on supporter loyalty? Is it that which was suggested at the Real Madrid game?

prizby
10-13-2010, 10:29 AM
I like mini eggs

When will mini eggs be available at the food and beverage areas?

fetajr
10-13-2010, 10:32 AM

Thats why this townhall should include people that won't take canned answers for important questions. We're not the media, we're not employees...we are the paying public.

We have nothing to lose to ask the same question over and over again if its not being answered, and bring it to their attention to stop evading the question... its something media (they don't want to continuosly piss off the people that they question day in and day out) and employees (dont want to play with their job status) won't attempt in a town hall.

Roogsy
10-13-2010, 10:45 AM
If Mo and Preki were hired by the MLSE executive, where is the accountability? Who pays for making these decisions?

Blowing Bubbles
10-13-2010, 11:00 AM
Why was Mo given a 4th season when
1. the historical results of the league indicated that teams very rarely go through 3 year streaks out of the playoffs
2. Seattle made the playoffs in their 1st season
3. He has no history of success at previous clubs in this league.

Please name the last GM in MLS who was able to change coaches 3 times and still survive to name a 4th new coach, while not winning anything.

Pookie
10-13-2010, 11:02 AM
Respectfully,

1. What makes Anselmi think he is qualified to find a "great soccer mind" to run this team?

Brian Colangelo came to the Raptors with help from Commissioner David Stern who was rumoured to have had an influence and brokering the relationship.

Brian Burke came to the Leafs after Cliff Fletcher was brought on board as an advisor.

Who is advising Anselmi with respect to the soccer position?

2. Anselmi (and Peddie) have removed themselves from any direct influence over their other "sports properties" and are allowing the Presidents to run their respective teams while they report only to the Board. Is he prepared to adopt a similar structure with TFC once this new GM is found?

If not, what does he see as his role with TFC moving forward? Aside from being a "straightforward guy" what does he think qualifies him to oversee decisions related to Soccer that he isn't qualified to make anymore with respect to Hockey or Basketball?

__wowza
10-13-2010, 11:03 AM
isn't that lovely

so get boris to call them and the rest of us will go have a meeting.

STH's, my two sense:

please don't complain about info being posted in the members only section. should you feel you'd like to voice your concerns about this, call MLSE and ask them about providing a town hall meeting for STH's. supporter sections are a vocal minority, but where they're organized enough to create banners and songs praising the organization, they're also organized enough to stage massive protests against the organization.

further more, if you're going to complain about "not having a voice" or not being privileged to certain information (not this thread specifically, i've seen others) if you don't pay the RPB fee, please don't complain whilst using a RPB resource. no one can access the tottenham forum i'm a member of unless you've paid for the service. the same board you post distaste on is also the same board you found the information/voiced your displeasure on.

hosting of which was paid for by RPB membership fees.

Beach_Red
10-13-2010, 11:05 AM
If Mo and Preki were hired by the MLSE executive, where is the accountability? Who pays for making these decisions?

This is why I keep asking if they will hire a president for TFC. It's what they did for the Leafs - they didn't hold anyone accountable for hiring the under-qualified John Ferguson Jr., but they did take those people out of the equation when they hired Burke to a long-term (six years) big money (almost twenty million) contract as president.

They need to do the same thing for TFC. Experienced, qualified guy, long-term big money contract.

Of course, that will make justifying their own paycheques a lot tougher. That's why we keep hearing how much they want to win, without ever hearing any plan of how they'll accomplish that.

H Bomb
10-13-2010, 11:05 AM
Who's complaining?

__wowza
10-13-2010, 11:15 AM
Who's complaining?

sorry, i didn't mean it like that. it was a poor choice of words.

Yagbod
10-13-2010, 01:08 PM
I hope to go and ask this question myself, but if I can't....

Q: will the practice of gouging the Gold Listers with Toronto 'I literally can't give them away' Marlies tickets continue?

Q: will new season ticket holders enjoy these new prices and structure or will we be gouged as well?

I know most of you are Season Ticket holders, but let's try to look out for all fans including Gold and Red listers.

Section 117
10-14-2010, 02:28 PM
My question is when TA was on the Fan yesterday he said that he thought that mangement was only going tweak the roster as we were out of teh playoffs by a point. Then they hire Preki and they bring 15 new players.

SO I will ask him why wasn't the plan on the direction of the club discussed prior to hiring Preki instead of dismantling a decent team which needed to be tweaked to having now blow up this roster that Preki built. As the majority of the players are beer league quality at best

boban
10-14-2010, 02:43 PM
STH's, my two sense:

please don't complain about info being posted in the members only section. should you feel you'd like to voice your concerns about this, call MLSE and ask them about providing a town hall meeting for STH's. supporter sections are a vocal minority, but where they're organized enough to create banners and songs praising the organization, they're also organized enough to stage massive protests against the organization.
You think too highly of yourself.
The town hall is for anyone who is a STH.

RedsYNWA
10-14-2010, 02:48 PM
Forget about what had passed going forward this is what we want;

1. Ticket prices have to go down for 2011.
2. Ticket prices have to be frozen until the team performs.
3. Do not charge anyone for things they do not want ie MLS CUP/Marlies Tix
4. Hire a proper GM and a Coach SOON

Little things

5. Train your Security staff better
6. Dedicate a new Supporter Section

mastermixer
10-14-2010, 03:01 PM
How many actual people are on this magic waiting list? Do you believe all the people on the list are genuinely looking to buy tickets at your increased prices?

There is no way that they don't have a definate number. IT knows how to remove duplicate registers.

canadian_bhoy
10-14-2010, 03:04 PM
Question #1

Why did we have to wait four seasons for these town hall meetings.

Question #2

Will we have these every season

Question #3

When are you going to stop ripping us off?

We asked MLSE in year one to hold an end of season town hall with fans. They said no
We asked them to be part of an RPB meet-up to answer questions from the group. It never happened.

It shouldn't take the collapse of everything they've built to make them want to listen to their fans.

Hustle
10-14-2010, 03:06 PM
Forget about what had passed going forward this is what we want;

1. Ticket prices have to go down for 2011.
2. Ticket prices have to be frozen until the team performs.
3. Do not charge anyone for things they do not want ie MLS CUP/Marlies Tix
4. Hire a proper GM and a Coach SOON

Little things

5. Train your Security staff better
6. Dedicate a new Supporter Section

That sums it up for me.

BFin
10-14-2010, 03:07 PM
STH's, my two sense:

further more, if you're going to complain about "not having a voice" or not being privileged to certain information (not this thread specifically, i've seen others) if you don't pay the RPB fee, please don't complain whilst using a RPB resource. no one can access the tottenham forum i'm a member of unless you've paid for the service. the same board you post distaste on is also the same board you found the information/voiced your displeasure on.

hosting of which was paid for by RPB membership fees.

I would take this at face value, if any of the 'protests' had ever affected any change within the team.

STH complaints drove this, not SG's.

Back to topic:

1) I like Paul B as a man, but why does he still have a job?
2) Why was the entire executive not fired if they allowed two of their employees to go against the clubs vision, and run roughshod for almost an entire season?
3) Not demanding anything ticket related, but WHY was there an increase in ticket prices this year? What justification was there to actually think their product was better than in previous years?

Any semblance of those questions being answered truthfully and with transparency...would appease this guy.

fetajr
10-14-2010, 03:09 PM
Did standing quietly and wearing green have an impact on anyone at MLSE?

__wowza
10-14-2010, 03:10 PM
You think too highly of yourself.
The town hall is for anyone who is a STH.

i posted that when the call for town hall meeting with SG members was put out before the apology (and proposed meetings with ALL SSH's) was. it was my response when people were throwing around the whole "wait, why are things being discussed on this in the member only forum?" mentality.

the town halls are for everyone now (there was no info on non SG one's at the time), but the town hall i was specifically commenting yesterday (when this was posted) on was the RPB only one i mentioned above.

so yeah, sorry,
you're a day too late in responding
and your criticizing me in hindsight.
but hey! i'll make you a deal..

you quote me in context next time, and i'll start going back and edit the posts i've made in the past to account for hindsight. savvy?

Wull
10-14-2010, 03:40 PM
are we the apples or the oranges?

geordie77
10-14-2010, 03:47 PM
will the meetings be available on line to view so the out of towners can hear what was asked & what was said?

P-NUTZ
10-14-2010, 03:48 PM
i'll be there tonight - any more questions?

gimmie some more ammo boys, im seeing alot of the same couple of things.

DichioTFC
10-14-2010, 03:55 PM
^ http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=24994

Talk about how unaffordable the Leafs and Raptors are. Ask for a guarantee that our club will not be going down that route

nobodybeatsthewiz
10-14-2010, 03:57 PM
is ripping off fans cumulatively over four years a pre-meditated process or gallivantly done with an opportunistic 'get me while the gettin's good' thought in mind? in addition, is it applied to the stadium on a whole or specifically calculated sections, in spite of supporters groups or with them in mind?

DichioTFC
10-14-2010, 04:00 PM
^ Some owners want their teams to win and be successful, they will invest money and dont care if they see the return now or later.

ML$E wants to make a regular rate of return to keep their shareholders (the teachers union) happy. I'm really believing its across the board at this point.

nobodybeatsthewiz
10-14-2010, 04:03 PM
^ Some owners want their teams to win and be successful, they will invest money and dont care if they see the return now or later.

ML$E wants to make a regular rate of return to keep their shareholders (the teachers union) happy. I'm really believing its across the board at this point.

i can more than assure you that im not alien to this process on a day to day basis. i would, as a business related question with some snarkiness embedded, like to know that very thing - are they perennially and perpetually screwing us with a long-term rate of return in mind from the onset or maximizing off of 'market conditions'?

DichioTFC
10-14-2010, 04:09 PM
i can more than assure you that im not alien to this process on a day to day basis. i would, as a business related question with some snarkiness embedded, like to know that very thing - are they perennially and perpetually screwing us with a long-term rate of return in mind from the onset or maximizing off of 'market conditions'?

Look at market conditions and the ebb and flow of how ML$E has responded. We had a recession recently that left the Ontario government $25 billion in debt. ML$E raised prices on everything for all their investments.

Tying price increases to inflation would be reasonable, but inflation is 1-2% every year. As some people have said, their tickets have gone up 100% in four years. That's all about long-term rate of return.

I think they made a mistake by charging a cheap supporters section int he first year. They did not accurately gauge demand and set their prices, what they now feel, was below market value. Now they're trying to correct themselves by finding what is actually market value for their product (and the seats in different areas).

Bombonera
10-14-2010, 08:00 PM
What gives you (MLSE) the right to commit me to buying a ticket to the MLS CUP, when you haven't done sweet FA to provide our team with a chance in hell of playing in it?????

I hope the beer freezes and that the heat in your cushy Box doesn't work, you sactimounious p...cks! I won't be there, and I sure doubt anyone is going to want my ticket either, unless they are eskimos on holiday wanting a breath of fresh air and some mediocre, but inexpensive entertainment.

ArmenJBX
10-14-2010, 08:11 PM
Anselmi, what does the scouter say about our power level?

DichioTFC
10-14-2010, 08:21 PM
Hey Anselmi, tell us again about supply and demand

king dave
10-14-2010, 11:06 PM
Hey TA?
Do you have a fucking clue?
KD.

andyc
10-14-2010, 11:08 PM
Why would a TFC fan that has never had a chance to see a playoff game with our team involved want to buy a ticket for the MLS Cup Final? How can TFC tie our renewal for 2011 to paying for this game?

My only questions...

Blowing Bubbles
10-15-2010, 06:22 AM
Hey Anselmi, tell us again about supply and demand

Adam Smith is asking Tom how his dead ass tastes

Blowing Bubbles
10-15-2010, 06:22 AM
Why are you spending less than half of what LA and NYRB are spending on payroll when you charge more for tickets than they do?

Will you guarantee an A-list / $5 million dollar type of DP on the 2011 roster?

Why do you continually go for cheap options with coaches when LA spends 1 million on Bruce Arena and Seattle stole Sigi Schmidt from a rival team?

C.Ronaldo
10-15-2010, 10:11 AM
My number 1 question aside from all the obvious ones lately is TRANSIT.

Can the MLSE try to get the GO train times inline with game times or vice versa?

Can MLSE at least get GO buses that don't run on the lakeshore line to do a TFC fan pick up/drop off?

Is there any evidence that MLSE is trying to be green (the good green).

spark
10-15-2010, 10:21 AM
Haha they talked about that last night!

Paul pretty much said there is no way they can make GO change their schedule ... but I can't remember if he said anything about kick offs ... I don't think he did so the question kinda went unanswered if there is a better way to work around the GO schedule. I think the only point made was shifting staff to Gate 1 when the train comes in so people can get in faster.

TFC/Everton
10-15-2010, 10:50 AM
I think somebody should ask Tom Anselmi a specific question about football. Something to do with a formation or an offside trap. Then, we watch him stumble and not be able to answer. Then ask, how can you run a professional football team if you dont understand the bloody game!

TOMMY MUST GO!!!!!

Gobi
10-15-2010, 01:32 PM

All SSHs should (should have) received this email:

Oct 13 (2 days ago)

Dear Toronto FC Fans,

We are sorry...

...As such, we will be hosting a series of Town Hall meetings with fans over the next few weeks.
Thursday, October 14
7:30 - 8:30 p.m.
Monday, October 18
6:00 - 7:00 p.m.
Thursday, October 21
6:00 - 7:00 p.m.
7:30 - 8:30 p.m.

MFG1
10-16-2010, 02:20 PM
Why would MLSE lobby for the MLS cup when even at the beginning of this year their house was in disarray? We lost several players over the winter, and replaced them hastily well into the spring. If Anselmi talks about it being a mistake that preki and mo "blew" up this team, and all bets are off, why would they embarass themselves like this knowing they had no chance of even getting into the playoffs.

I'll bet the league is watching and they ain't happy.

Heart of Stone
10-16-2010, 02:49 PM
Tom Ass-salami is just that ASS-SALAMI

grizzle
10-18-2010, 02:15 PM
Someone should ask Anselmi if he wants to buy a pair of tickets for the MLS cup.