PDA

View Full Version : Fuad Ibrahim review

LdsUntdFC
10-11-2010, 10:25 PM
Just finished watching the replay of TFC v. Whitecaps. Scintillating stuff. I decided to concentrate on one of my least favourite players to see if I am missing something.

I can't help feeling that Fuad Ibrahim may be the worst professional footballer I have ever seen. He shies away from anything resembling a 50/50 ball, almost all of his passes are of the hospital variety, he seems to think that one's head is not to come in contact with the ball, in fact, his entire methodology appears to be to get through 90+ minutes without having any interaction with ball or opposing player. Great work if you can get it.

Can someone, anyone, educate me as to what is good about this player and how, with his limited skill, he has ascended to this level of football.

Reminding me of the fact that he is 19 years old will not, on it's own, sway my opinion.

colman1860
10-11-2010, 10:36 PM
According to John Carver, he had the best off the ball movement on the team.

Apart from that (which I hadn't noticed, though I don't pay too much attention to it I guess), he's fucking terrible, so I'm with you on this. I guess his salary doesnt count against our cap because whoever runs Generation Adidas (is it actually adidas, or do they just sponsor it??) thought he was useful 5 years ago.

Macksam
10-11-2010, 10:36 PM
Yes, he does constantly bring the suckage week in and week out.

TFC07
10-11-2010, 10:38 PM
Yeah, he's crap. I think it is time to trade him and Gabe Gala for 3rd round picks. :D

prizby
10-11-2010, 10:53 PM
Gabe Gala has made some strides this year. I have been impressed with him. The thing I hear the most and I have heard this from when he would suit up for UofT during their playoff run in OUA/CIS is that he is lazy on the training ground, he has tremendous amount of talent and if he ever exterted himself on the training pitch his potential would be high.

as for ibrahim...how old was nana attakora when he started showing his potential and ability. I believe that was last year, Nana was 20 last year. Not everyone is gonna be a Wayne Rooney and blossom when they are 16 years old...look at Luca Toni, he's young and maybe his body needs some developing and confidence to be gained (ie. reserve league)...Chris Wondolowski was a great beneficiar of the reserve league

that's all

WHITEY
10-12-2010, 01:12 AM
I don't know why the single player review threads are being started. Fuck the entire team is shit top to bottom and nobody should be safe from getting gassed!

__wowza
10-12-2010, 09:18 AM
YES! I FINALLY HAVE MY OWN THREAD!!

http://storage.canoe.ca/v1/dynamic_resize/?src=http://www.torontosun.com/sports/soccer/2010/07/10/tfc6.jpg&size=640x480&quality=90

Stouffville_RPB
10-12-2010, 03:04 PM
When he made his debut with the club 2 years ago he had a very bright future.

MLS' crazy rules have set back his development. He didn't play much last year because a stupid clause in the trade that brought him here. If he played more than 9 games, I think it was 9, TFC would owe Dallas a draft pick. So once Ibby got the the limit he was simply benched. Between that and no more reserve league he has basically not played in 2 years and naturally you won't get better by not playing.

With the reserve league coming back it will only help players like Ibby and OBW to get regular playing time. That way when called upon it won't be their first game in a month.

You can't write a guy like Ibby off yet. In a league where "young" talent is brought in through the draft are 23 year olds Ibby has 4 more years on them to grow into a legit MLS player. If he does it in 2 you're ahead of the game. Add in that his salary doesn't count towards the cap you can't cut him.

__wowza
10-12-2010, 03:34 PM
it's probably the best i've heard this matter summed up. you can develop a player between certain ages, but they have to have "it". if you develop them properly then "it" can become less of an issue. this man hasn't been developed properly, nor does he have it. nor will he ever.

JimmyBaldX had the best quote on this mans development.

"Chad Barrett shit,
but you can fix shit.
You can't fix suck."

ammended accordingly.

ArmenJBX
10-12-2010, 03:45 PM
lol in my sad desperation as we were losing 1-0 to God knows who, that quote stuck around :D and I believe it was "you can fix shit, you can't fix suck :D"

Here are the TFC shit players:
Jacob Peterson
Amadou Sanyang
Ty Harden

Here are the TFC suck pile:
Joseph Nane
Fuad Ibrahim

phonzo
10-12-2010, 03:48 PM
I wouldn't categorize Sanyang or Harden as shit players.

ArmenJBX
10-12-2010, 03:57 PM
They're shit because all the pieces are there but they haven't come together. When they do, they'll become good players or decent players, or, like Barrett, a solid starting player.

As for Fuad and his buddy Mr. 4th round draft pick, I think they have maybe 2 out of the 20 possible pieces to being a footballer. They just don't cut it as footballers or in Nane's case, an athlete :D

Wull
10-12-2010, 04:22 PM
I'll take Harden and Sanyang as squad depth any day and Nane isn't as bad as most people make him out to be. Hscanovics, Usanov and Saric are all liabilities and should be on the first plane out of here along with Garcia (who has been far better than given credit for also)

ArmenJBX
10-12-2010, 04:40 PM
I see Saric as the best of a bad bunch to be honest.

Harden is there, perhaps prematurely. He is incredibly efficient in his job, but needs to be given a role that's more demanding to be judged fairly. It's easy to work hard knowing that Nana Attakora would be back to take over, but if the entire CB duty was left to him, who knows how he would perform.

Nane IS as bad as everyone says he is.
That he was even drafted is incredible.
I should be playing for Toronto FC if he could make it.

MartinUtd
10-12-2010, 04:41 PM
He did score that nice header in Chicago off the Johann Smith cross.

I guess they were both flukes because I thought we had our wide player and our young finisher. Ah well.

Wull
10-12-2010, 05:01 PM
I see Saric as the best of a bad bunch to be honest.

Harden is there, perhaps prematurely. He is incredibly efficient in his job, but needs to be given a role that's more demanding to be judged fairly. It's easy to work hard knowing that Nana Attakora would be back to take over, but if the entire CB duty was left to him, who knows how he would perform.

Nane IS as bad as everyone says he is.
That he was even drafted is incredible.
I should be playing for Toronto FC if he could make it.

Harden's good at his job therefore he's shit? He can only play the games he's given, so to say he's fine knowing Attakora will be back is a little bit confusing.

As for Nane, he doesn't do much of anything right or wrong. Not great but not disastrous either. He's less liable to get sent off than saric but also less likely to create something or get on the end of a cross.

prizby
10-12-2010, 09:59 PM
lol in my sad desperation as we were losing 1-0 to God knows who, that quote stuck around :D and I believe it was "you can fix shit, you can't fix suck :D"

Here are the TFC shit players:
Jacob Peterson
Amadou Sanyang
Ty Harden

Here are the TFC suck pile:
Joseph Nane
Fuad Ibrahim

are you kidding me...your a joker right?

Joseph Nane is SHIT, peterson has continually improved throughout the season, so much now that he starts over labrocca

please

ArmenJBX
10-12-2010, 10:38 PM
Woah I think there's been some confusion here.

Joseph Nane sucks, there's no fixing suck. Jacob Peterson is shit, but you can fix shit so that it's not.

Nane and Ibrahim are hopeless, Peterson and Sanyang can and will get better.

Hope that cleared things up?

prizby
10-12-2010, 11:11 PM
Woah I think there's been some confusion here.

Joseph Nane sucks, there's no fixing suck. Jacob Peterson is shit, but you can fix shit so that it's not.

Nane and Ibrahim are hopeless, Peterson and Sanyang can and will get better.

Hope that cleared things up?

hahahaha, good, my bad, i nearly lost it there, my reading skills are D-, my memory a D, my TFC passion A++ :p

Brooker
10-13-2010, 02:12 AM
How can you be good when the only action you ever see is in the last 15 minutes of every 5th match.... for years.

maninb
10-13-2010, 07:39 AM
You can't teach aggression...and Fuad is clearly afraid to get "stuck in"....I say dump him...

KRO
10-13-2010, 08:04 AM
Ibby seems to get worse every time he plays, as if any talent he had two years ago has been coached out of him. Based on his recent performances he is one of the worst players I have seen in 40 years of watching the game.
I can't agree with the negative opinions about Joseph Nane though. He's made a few rookie errors this year and seems injury prone but he has a raw talent that might develop. I'd take him over Saric and Sanyang as holding midfielder.

DoubleUp
10-13-2010, 10:24 AM
Ibby seems to get worse every time he plays, as if any talent he had two years ago has been coached out of him. Based on his recent performances he is one of the worst players I have seen in 40 years of watching the game.
I can't agree with the negative opinions about Joseph Nane though. He's made a few rookie errors this year and seems injury prone but he has a raw talent that might develop. I'd take him over Saric and Sanyang as holding midfielder.

I agree!
If he's goin to leave, I want to leave that decision up to future management not bias fans.

TFc is in this trouble because they've been taking advice from fans, and the wrong fans at that.!

FootieChick
10-13-2010, 10:46 AM
I'm bias... but I also watch games and am able to make sound judgement on being a supporter rather then a 'friend'.

Ibby's head is so freakin' big it's ridiculous. I think his ego is starting to effect his playing. I don't see him progressing as he is too immature to see the game for what it is. He is still very much a child. He also needs to put on some weight so he stops getting thrown around.

Nane, he is good on the ball, he's also a friend of mine, but he isn't as skillful as other players. Stay or go, he won't improve or hurt our team.

Sanyang, well we all know how much I love him... if you hadn't noticed, since he left our midfiled back in July when he got a concusion, we started losing and becoming shit! This will be fixable when he comes back. He is still young, but he is an amazing player, I'd take him over DeGuz for defensive mid ANYDAY! He just has to watch his temper - I reiterate this to him all the time.

Peterson, he's not my fav... he screws up more then I can count. He kind of reminds me of a Barrett, he's shit, but can we wait for this shit to progress?

As for Saric, I like him, he's good. He does the job he's suppose to but not better then anyone else. So, I don't really care whether he stays or goes.

Usanov and Hscanovich - if they both left, I wouldn't miss them.