PDA

View Full Version : Mista the worst DP Ever!

Nuvinho
10-11-2010, 09:22 AM
Let's just put it this way: even Denilson scored during his short stay in MLS. With two matches left in the season, Mista is close to obtaining the humiliating title of Worst Ever Designated Player.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1110/major-league-soccer/2010/10/11/2160158/mls-designated-player-dissection-keeping-up-with-the

Menelaos
10-11-2010, 09:35 AM
Didn't he score in what some will argue is TFC's greatest win over Cruz Azul?
Don't get me wrong, I agree with you that he is a bust, but when compared to Denilson...I think he came up big at our biggest moment.

flatpicker
10-11-2010, 09:43 AM
I haven't read the article, but I can't jump on the hate-Mista bandwagon.
The guy never had a chance to prove himself in Toronto.
How many games did he start?

The failure was from management, not from Mista.
So, while this DP project may have been a bust, it's unfair to put the blame on the player.

Yeoman
10-11-2010, 09:52 AM
got to almost agree with flats on this one
he did have a few flickering moments of beauty with the team, just unfortunate it has happend this way.
it's either his name, or garcias on a white kit whenever i get it.

Nuvinho
10-11-2010, 10:11 AM
Its not my opinion, its the guy who wrote the article.

I don't think he was the right guy for TFC tho.

TFC/Everton
10-11-2010, 10:19 AM
He didn't get enough minutes to adjust to the MLS game. He has talent, we can all see that. He scored against Cruz Azul and looked excellent at moments. I am not in the dressing room, I doubt that both coaches would keep him off the pitch for no reason.

Worst DP ever???? Maybe. Am I shocked that TFC signed the worst DP ever? not at all

sully
10-11-2010, 10:46 AM
got to almost agree with flats on this one
he did have a few flickering moments of beauty with the team, just unfortunate it has happend this way.

According to a Spanish friend that has followed his career closely, the trouble with Mista is that even back in Spain is would have only flickering moments too. He always had the potential but could never quite reach those levels on a consistent basis. As far as DPs go, Mista is of the dollar store variety.

sully
10-11-2010, 10:50 AM
..and when I think of it..well really, Mista became a DP here because his buddy DeGuzman wanted to help his friend get some work.. Great strategic planning there to build a competitive squad eh? is that what it's come to? It seems so..

DoubleUp
10-11-2010, 11:04 AM
Its not my opinion, its the guy who wrote the article.

I don't think he was the right guy for TFC tho.

This!

106-12
10-11-2010, 11:17 AM
I said this before any time you try te get a new player you should know his playing style and how are you gonna play or what is the game plan is when he is on the field .MO JO just thought by bringing good players you will be agood team , i dont think so we had ALI GERBA we played as if he was DD we had VITTI no body new what to do or where to go when he had the ball . Now we had mista DERO doesnt pass the ball to him and DE GUZMAN always played short passes which most of the time were useless .Iam not difending MISTA but it doesnt matter who you bring if you can't play them the ball then any player is no good .

Nuvinho
10-11-2010, 11:40 AM
..and when I think of it..well really, Mista became a DP here because his buddy DeGuzman wanted to help his friend get some work.. Great strategic planning there to build a competitive squad eh? is that what it's come to? It seems so..

Don't know what would of happened if we signed JDG's other friend Andrade.

wzhxvy
10-11-2010, 11:44 AM
The signing was flawed from the get go. My guess is they signed him without doing their due diligence and quickly discovered he was not match fit when they saw him...and potentially nagging health issues.

pekduck
10-11-2010, 11:45 AM
I said this before any time you try te get a new player you should know his playing style and how are you gonna play or what is the game plan is when he is on the field .MO JO just thought by bringing good players you will be agood team , i dont think so we had ALI GERBA we played as if he was DD we had VITTI no body new what to do or where to go when he had the ball . Now we had mista DERO doesnt pass the ball to him and DE GUZMAN always played short passes which most of the time were useless .Iam not difending MISTA but it doesnt matter who you bring if you can't play them the ball then any player is no good .

MoJo signed Gerba to save his own job 2 seasons ago
MoJo signed JDG to save his own job last season
MoJo signed Mista to save his own job this season

neither was intended to make the team better other than cover his own rear end

that's my view

Roogsy
10-11-2010, 11:47 AM

that's my view

Best summary yet. MoJo signed players to distract from the poorly built team. He had no idea if the player would make the team better.

Although Gerba wasn't signed 2 seasons ago was he?

spark
10-11-2010, 11:54 AM
No - Gerba and Garcia were brought in literally right after the 'protest'. If I remember correctly - loss to LA on Saturday, Gerba and Garcia on Monday.

So you can add that to the list of signings meant to distract supporters.

ArmenJBX
10-11-2010, 11:56 AM
Being a Valencia fan, I know what Miguel Mista could be here, because in his time in Spain, he was a pretty good player. Certainly, he has more quality than some other starters on our team.

Here, he is not even being played. I have no idea why. He can't score goals when he's on the bench...

anto7
10-11-2010, 12:14 PM
I haven't read the article, but I can't jump on the hate-Mista bandwagon.
The guy never had a chance to prove himself in Toronto.
How many games did he start?

The failure was from management, not from Mista.
So, while this DP project may have been a bust, it's unfair to put the blame on the player.
Not really disagreeing with you but at the same time we have no idea what has been going on with Mista so we cannot just assume it's managements fault that he has not been starting. It could be down to Mista and his attitude? It makes no sense why Preki, and now Daso would not start him unless there is something more to the story.
Knowing how things work with this organization we will probably never get the answers.

jabbronies
10-11-2010, 12:15 PM
Being a Valencia fan, I know what Miguel Mista could be here, because in his time in Spain, he was a pretty good player. Certainly, he has more quality than some other starters on our team.

Here, he is not even being played. I have no idea why. He can't score goals when he's on the bench...

It's tough to integrate into a team when you can't speak the language. In bigger leagues, maybe skill speaks louder than words, but in MLS the skill just isn't there, so communication is all the players have.

Wonder if he just isn't happy here and isn't putting in the effort?

ArmenJBX
10-11-2010, 12:17 PM
Right now, Mista isn't being played because, as another Mo mistake, they're trying to simply make fans and supporters forget he was even here. A small, one line press release will say he's gone next season and Mista will be forgotten.

Roogsy
10-11-2010, 12:22 PM
It's tough to integrate into a team when you can't speak the language. In bigger leagues, maybe skill speaks louder than words, but in MLS the skill just isn't there, so communication is all the players have.

All teams everywhere on the planet have a language barrier issue. You make it work or at least good teams do. And on TFC, the problem was not as acute as on other teams. Especially with spanish players. Not only do several players speak spanish (Mista, JDG, Garcia) but so does a trainer and some staff in the FO.

TFCRegina
10-11-2010, 12:33 PM
Best summary yet. MoJo signed players to distract from the poorly built team. He had no idea if the player would make the team better.

Although Gerba wasn't signed 2 seasons ago was he?

Gerba and JDG were signed in the same season to pander to the Canadian content lobby.

Just one more reason why I think the quota should be done away with...

And yes, I was a former member of said Lobby.

We need some Darwinian football experience. Breed out the Lombardos, amp up the Attakoras. You should make this team based on quality, not on flag.

ensco
10-11-2010, 12:40 PM
The real question that I wish a journalist out there (somebody, anybody) would pickup on is: why was this player signed for multiples of his market value?

He makes $1.7 million annualized.

How, exactly, did this happen?

Was Mista really any better than Robert, who was the same age in 2008 that Mista is in 2010, who had been a huge star on a big team in a way that Mista never was, who came directly from the EPL (Mista had been out of La Liga for a year), and came in for......$335K annualized?

How could anyone have possibly proposed, or agreed with the proposition, that Mista was worth more than Ljungberg, who makes $1.2 million annualized?

I am privy to nothing, but I am telling you, there is a story here that must illuminate something important.

Oldtimer
10-11-2010, 01:03 PM
Calling Mista worse than Denilson based on goal numbers is over-the-top. Mista hasn't scored in MLS play, but he's had some nice plays. Denilson was just bad, you have to really try to be bad to be as bad as Denilson was.

Beach_Red
10-11-2010, 01:06 PM
The real question that I wish a journalist out there (somebody, anybody) would pickup on is: why was this player signed for multiples of his market value?

He makes $1.7 million annualized.

How, exactly, did this happen?

Was Mista really any better than Robert, who was the same age in 2008 that Mista is in 2010, who had been a huge star on a big team in a way that Mista never was, who came directly from the EPL (Mista had been out of La Liga for a year), and came in for......$335K annualized?

How could anyone have possibly proposed, or agreed with the proposition, that Mista was worth more than Ljungberg, who makes $1.2 million annualized?

I am privy to nothing, but I am telling you, there is a story here that must illuminate something important.

Wait, are you saying it's possible that not everything that happens in professional sports is above-board and exactly what it seems?

That's just crazy talk ;).

TFC07
10-11-2010, 01:16 PM
Has anyone here been following Ali G lately? He has been scoring goals a lot! I don't mind if he comes back to TFC next season. I think it was mistake to let him go.

Mista was a bust. Better not come back next season unless he takes a MAJOR paycut. Same applies to JDG as well.

Technorgasm
10-11-2010, 01:31 PM
GERBA - Games played 13 - Goals Scored 12.
(TFC: played 11, scored 5)

Ya.. . . . We are totally eating that.
I said it, I called it. I ate it.

CretanBull
10-11-2010, 01:38 PM
Mista's game vs. Cruz Azul was the best individual performance that we've ever seen by a player in a TFC kit.

Nodoubtguy
10-11-2010, 01:49 PM
All teams everywhere on the planet have a language barrier issue. You make it work or at least good teams do. And on TFC, the problem was not as acute as on other teams. Especially with spanish players. Not only do several players speak spanish (Mista, JDG, Garcia) but so does a trainer and some staff in the FO.

also add Saric to the list of Spanish speaking players. I can't accept language as a reason....

Mista is one of the most skillful players to have ever worn a TFC kit, shame the team never made the best of it.

Carts
10-11-2010, 02:25 PM

that's my view

Sad thing is, all three are/were terrible...

Carts...

Roogsy
10-11-2010, 02:27 PM
also add Saric to the list of Spanish speaking players. I can't accept language as a reason....

Shoot...I knew I was forgetting a player.

And I also forgot Percovich who also speaks spanish.

jloome
10-11-2010, 02:30 PM
Has anyone here been following Ali G lately? He has been scoring goals a lot! I don't mind if he comes back to TFC next season. I think it was mistake to let him go.

Mista was a bust. Better not come back next season unless he takes a MAJOR paycut. Same applies to JDG as well.

Gerba has 13 in his last 15 games in Montreal and will likely win MVP at this rate.

But...if they'd come earlier in the season, when defenders were at their fittest, I'd be more impressed. Translating from USL level to MLS level has always been tough. Lots of guys have put up big numbers in USL then failed to translate that to MLS.

It's part-and-parcel of the paucity of strong North American players; consider how steep the drop is from the top of MLS to tbe bottom in terms of talent.

Then consider that the top of USL is generally near the bottom of MLS in terms of aggregate talent.

Mista is a different issue. When he was in spain, at the height of his talent, he was considered a can't miss to be one of the top five strikers in the country. And he lived up to it one season at Valencia. I can't remember how many he had in all contests, but it was close to 20.

However, the second he had success he got the rep for being moody, temperamental and difficult to deal with -- to the point of having coach bust-ups. Seriously, a lot was made of whether he was mentally ill or not (keeping in mind the Fashenau, Collymore and Gascoigne cases had only wrapped up a few years earlier). He was just considered a bad egg, a persistent negative influence.

Mind you, fucking talented? You bet son.

I was surprised when he came here and DeGuzman talked about how his skill level could work in MLS, because he didn't mention any of this attitude stuff.

Then it occured to me that perhaps Mista and JDG were both on the outs with management at Deportivo. Julian certainly was over the money thing; and Mista's prior history had led to the same circumstance at all of his prior clubs.

When Mista got here, we were headed for the playoffs. I wonder if he didn't exert the same negative influence here?

Who knows? The reporting on this team (and anything, really, these days) is so sparse and lacking in inside info that it's tough to find out anything substantial.

But it certainly fits a pattern of behaviour, and most people just aren't very unconventional or prone to self-improvement.

On the talent side, I think if he had the work rate and attitude to get into shape, he'd tear the league up. But that's true of Laurent Robert, too. If the competitive fire isn't there anymore, it isn't there.

Based on what I saw, he looked to be genuinely trying. He had a role he was used to playing and was surrounded by guys who didn't "fit" together the way top European pros do.

ANd he looked very frustrated by that. In his last game, he actually came back to half twice to try and kickstart the offence. On the second occasion, his lack of fitness and frustration were exposed, because he didn't even try to job back up top. He just stayed in the midfield until the play got back to there.

It's a crying fucking shame, because I love good football talent. But I think his presence contributed a significant amount both to JDG's dissatisfaction and DeRosario's concerns about his wages.

It was the coup-de-grace of stupidity for Mo to bring in a guy who was that much of a risk.

And, as Ensco suggests, I have to wonder who's getting a slice of that $35,000 a week for a player who couldn't get more than $20,000 a week in Europe (and likely not even that.)

Hitcho
10-11-2010, 07:07 PM
And, as Ensco suggests, I have to wonder who's getting a slice of that $35,000 a week for a player who couldn't get more than $20,000 a week in Europe (and likely not even that.)

Didn't someone post that Mista and Mo share the same agent?

KezmanCCCC
10-11-2010, 07:10 PM
I dont blame mista for his lack of contribution to the club in his time here, but i do not want to see him back next season thats for sure.... money could be spent alot better else where....

Alixir
10-11-2010, 07:31 PM
the guy barely had any playing time...you could also argue that he is the only DP in the league that only plays 20 min a game if that.

Oldtimer
10-11-2010, 07:43 PM
Didn't someone post that Mista and Mo share the same agent?

Not that I remember (and I read almost everything in the TFC sections).

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

maninb
10-12-2010, 08:19 AM

Mista is one of the most skillful players to have ever worn a TFC kit, shame the team never made the best of it.

He's also got a piss-poor attitude.....and IMO that's his big problem.....

rocker
10-12-2010, 09:38 AM
I think he's definitely one of the biggest disappointments in the history of DPs. Whether or not he got the chance, or was in the right situation, doesn't really matter.
Denilson was still the worst for me -- I watched him and he was a man alone... doing stepovers and stepovers thinking he could trick MLS players.

Mista at least had that Cruz Azul game. I think Luis Angel Landin is up there with the worst, although he was paid far less. Bošković has been shitty with DC.
Claudio Reyna was a DP bust too, although injuries were a problem...

Carts
10-12-2010, 10:00 AM
I think he's definitely one of the biggest disappointments in the history of DPs. Whether or not he got the chance, or was in the right situation, doesn't really matter.

This is true - and true in other situations as well...

People will often make excuses for underacheiving players with things like: the players around him aren't good enough, this is isn't the right system, his physical size isn't for this league, look at all his talent & class (even though it often leads to nothing), etc etc etc...

Fact of the matter is a DP must impact the game - by hook or by crook, they have to find a way...

We need to start looking at our DP's this way. No more excuses, no more free passes b/c they're Canadian or played in a top league previously. We need to be selfish, look at their contribution and say "what are you doing for us"...

Carts...

Dbl_D
10-12-2010, 10:25 AM
the guy barely had any playing time...you could also argue that he is the only DP in the league that only plays 20 min a game if that. yes, why he wasn't starting every game for the amount we pay him is a mystery...

bgnewf
10-12-2010, 10:30 AM
He's also got a piss-poor attitude.....and IMO that's his big problem.....

I remember watching one of Jon Conway's video blogs I think about either the Panama or Cruz Azul away games. I remember watching Conway walk through the airplane with his camera and how every player looked happy and they were all getting along. Mista was off by himself looking like a fucking bag of sulk that could not care less where he was or what he was doing...

Good riddance to bad rubbish

DangerRed
10-12-2010, 10:55 AM
And yet with just three days left for Season Tickets renewals, there are no rumours as to who will replace him.

I really wonder how high the renewal rate is going to be this time around.

Pachuco
10-12-2010, 11:00 AM
Whether it was management's fault or not, it doesn't matter, Mista can still be rated the worst DP ever. Some people say he didn't get a shot, but he gets a shot every day in practice. And he hasn't proved himself to two coaches now, what does that tell you? If he's not getting into games it's because he ain't performing in practice. I thought there was a possibility of Preki being forced to bring Mista onto the team, but Dasovic doens't seem to be any fonder of Mista which proved to me that guy is a bust. It's his responsibility to prove he deserves a chance, so just because he doesn't end up getting one doesn't mean it ain't his fault.

Mista for worst DP ever sounds about right. For the fact that MLSE was ashamed to introduce him as a DP and for spending half a season as a DP on the bench.

tfcleeds
10-12-2010, 11:07 AM
I think its fair to say he is a huge bust. Guy was out of shape when he got here, and his career was clearly on the decline in Europe. I don't care that he was shooting the lights out 5-6 seasons ago, the fact is he's done very little over the last number of seasons. This whole idea that players will "rip MLS a new one" just because they had success in a large European league at one time is simply laughable.

trane
10-12-2010, 12:10 PM
GERBA - Games played 13 - Goals Scored 12.
(TFC: played 11, scored 5)

Ya.. . . . We are totally eating that.
I said it, I called it. I ate it.

I was in Montreal over the weekend, first thing I heard Sunday morning, was that he score another two in a playoff game to get them through the next round.

Gerba is effective when used simply, give him the ball at the top of the box, and he will bury it. He could have been good for 15 plus in the MLS, well certainly better then 1 for 11.

Right now I think he is 13 for 15 for Montreal. I know it is USL, but we have all seen that the level of play is not all that different.

Oldtimer
10-12-2010, 12:21 PM
Whether it was management's fault or not, it doesn't matter, Mista can still be rated the worst DP ever.

Probably the worst TFC signing, ever.

I don't know if you ever watched Denilson... I think he'll still go down as the worst DP ever.

Here's a description of him when he was at Dallas:

Which leaves Denilson, who has been just awful. He appears indecisive, not particularly fit and thus far unable to combine effectively with a single teammate. No one inside the FC Dallas locker room wanted to speak on the record of Denilson, who seems to be a likeable sort. But they privately acknowledge that he has probably dislodged team chemistry. It's not that he's a bad egg, it's just that he's been so ineffective on the field that teammates are adjusting their games to accommodate him, something about as healthy as setting yourself on fire.
Manager Steve Morrow has engaged in all manner of tactical gymnastics, straining to find a fit for Denilson. But the net result is a bunch of guys who are aren't getting the chance to settle into a role, and it has turned the team into a mess. (Team officials, preferring the players concentrate on Wednesday's Open Cup final, asked to defer interviews with Denilson on the topic until later in the week.)

Signing him six weeks ago seemed like relatively low-risk stuff. A source within the team says Denilson's deal, worth a prorated $870,000 this year, is for just one year. The club has a series of options in which the salary escalates significantly.

Well, it's pretty safe to say that Denilson will be one-and-done in MLS. If you bought a Denilson FC Dallas jersey, you had best get your money's worth quickly.

Denilson has participated in six matches, seven counting a U.S. Open Cup semifinal win over Seattle. He has one goal, that on a penalty kick earned by Abe Thompson. He has no assists and a total of just three shots on goal.

Denilson came off after just 64 minutes Sunday as Houston shellacked itsTexas rival, 3-0. It was Denilson's midfield giveaway that led to Houston's first goal.Morrow said afterward that Denilson isn't doing enough in effort or production and insists that, regardless of DP status, Denilson will have to step in line or step aside just like anybody else.

Professional soccer players aren't stupid. Right now prudence would prohibit any FC Dallas player from making a hard run once Denilson absorbs the ball. It's not coming out of there. Most often, he's going to dribble around a little, then get it taken off his foot.
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=468679&cc=3888

Denilson was the worst DP, ever. Even Mista compares favourably, he's able to combine with his teammates.

J .
10-12-2010, 12:23 PM
Gerba needs service, basically, put him in a spot and he can finish. He is a classical poacher. Without service he does nothing. With Toronto unable to threaten on the wings and the opposing teams able to clog the middle of the field, he was not getting space.

That said, he was in horrible shape when he was here. Im pretty disappointed he did not pan out, but he wasnt exactly working here either.

Mista- He is shit. He has good technical skills, but what does he do for us when in the lineup? He showed up unfit, developed a poor attitude and has had his chances to bury but hasnt done it.

DichioTFC
10-12-2010, 12:29 PM
Mista- He is shit. He has good technical skills, but what does he do for us when in the lineup? He showed up unfit, developed a poor attitude and has had his chances to bury but hasnt done it.

I think that's the biggest thing overlooked. If we're going to pay some fucker $X, especially halfway through the season, the club should at least demand the player begin getting in shape or engage some kind of preseason training regiment program.

Pachuco
10-12-2010, 07:47 PM

I don't know if you ever watched Denilson... I think he'll still go down as the worst DP ever.

Denilson was the worst DP, ever. Even Mista compares favourably, he's able to combine with his teammates.

First year I started watching MLS was when Denilson was in Dallas. I was a huge fan of his naturally as a big Brazilian fan. I couldn't believe how shit he looked in the MLS. He is probably a worse DP then Mista was, I would say mostly because he came in with a much bigger reputation. DPs also meant more at the time then they do now since every team can have 3. So I don't disagree with you, just me overreacting :)

torontocelt
10-12-2010, 07:57 PM
It is a shame the way the Mista deal has turned out. He has the talent, good vision and a good touch but he was way off pace. I reckon I could have given him a run for his money and I have one pace and that is no pace. We can all bad mouth Mista for his bad attitude but for me the fault lies entirely with TFC (GM, coaches and medical team), they are the ones who watched him in training and still decided to sign him when it was obvious that he was not fit. Perhaps one or more of those groups spoke out about his fitness woes but I am not privy to all of that info so I blame them all.

Oldtimer
10-12-2010, 08:48 PM
First year I started watching MLS was when Denilson was in Dallas. I was a huge fan of his naturally as a big Brazilian fan. I couldn't believe how shit he looked in the MLS. He is probably a worse DP then Mista was, I would say mostly because he came in with a much bigger reputation. DPs also meant more at the time then they do now since every team can have 3. So I don't disagree with you, just me overreacting :)

I think we'll all agree that it's pretty dire, though, when we are discussing levels of "suck." :o

ArmenJBX
10-12-2010, 08:51 PM
I'd ship the whole lot of um out to be honest, save for Jacob Peterson, who I believe should one day captain this side.

I think Fuad Ibrahim is incredibly symbolic of TFC these last 4 years. A player who's quality doesn't keep him in the team, his financial burden, or lack thereof, keeps him here. It seems that he never had the skill or ability, but because he wasn't being paid for by TFC, it was fine to keep him around.

jloome
10-12-2010, 08:57 PM
I'd ship the whole lot of um out to be honest, save for Jacob Peterson, who I believe should one day captain this side.

He's not even good enough to start in MLS. Not even close. He'd be among the first to go.

ArmenJBX
10-12-2010, 09:01 PM
Jacob Peterson's significance to me is that I will defend him as much as Roogsy defends De Rosario.

That's all.

Also, he's an amazing winger, the best we've had on our team that's for sure. :D

Yohan
10-12-2010, 09:03 PM
Mista is a good example of finding a DP that fits the team, not just grabbing anyone off the streets.

Big name signing does not automatically translate into success. (Anyone else noticed how Henry is doing not so well in NYRB?)

rocker
10-12-2010, 09:29 PM
(Anyone else noticed how Henry is doing not so well in NYRB?)

yeah, Henry has also had fitness issues -- both getting up to par and then having a slight injury.

What I've noticed tho -- is when you spring for a world class DP (even an older one) he still contributes more than most MLS players... in terms of creating chances for others (see Henry/Marquez's effect on Dane Richards).

And with 3 DP slots, the risk is lower. Which is why I think now it's best to blow the load on 3 great DPs -- even if they play at 60% of their best, it's still better than most MLS players. It's overpaying for more certainty. If one guy gets hurt, you still have 2 other great DPs.

sweetlemon69
10-12-2010, 09:46 PM
lmao at people thinking DP = score machines in the MLS... I think he's been a good #10

ag futbol
10-13-2010, 06:46 PM

Despite the opinion of one article, I'd have to disagree.

Delison played more games and was playing at an average level for an MLS player. Is that "value" hell no. But total contribution he gave his team way more than Mista gave us.

As a side note, I don't think that has stopped Denilson from being the biggest bust in the history of the sport (but not in MLS). He was supposed to be the player Ronaldinho is, combining the creativeness of futsal within the big game. Simply couldn't put that together once he hit Betis .. the club never recovered really

ArmenJBX
10-13-2010, 06:59 PM
Mista should be given a fucking chance.

He's scored against Cruz Azul, and is probably, combined, been given less time than even Fuad Ibrahim.

How is that fair? You have to let the guy have a chance to play here. There's a reason no one wants to play for Toronto, when you treat players like shit, you're going to get shitty play.

TFC USA
10-13-2010, 07:54 PM
I guarantee you Mista would succeed with any other MLS team outside of TFC.

Yohan
10-13-2010, 08:12 PM
Well, the best DP ever is going to available at the end of season

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2010/10/no-angel-for-red-bulls-next-year.html#more

how much would you pay for an 35 yr old geezer who can put the ball in the net. (still probably good for 12 goals per season at least)

ArmenJBX
10-13-2010, 08:17 PM
As much as it pains me to say it...
I would love to see Angel in a TFC shirt.

TFC USA
10-13-2010, 08:53 PM

I'd do it in a heartbeat.

maninb
10-14-2010, 08:01 AM
I guarantee you Mista would succeed with any other MLS team outside of TFC.

That's just a silly statement....How can you "guarantee" anything...Mista has a crappy attitude and is very unfit...So please tell us how those 2 major issues would IMPROVE on another team...

rocker
10-14-2010, 09:55 AM
no DP is a guarantee.... MLS history has proven that.

Yohan
10-14-2010, 10:11 AM
no DP is a guarantee.... MLS history has proven that.
oh I don't know. Shitlicker, Landycakes and JPA sounds like a guarantee to me

Blowing Bubbles
10-16-2010, 12:52 AM

why does it pain you to say it?

JPA is money and he's a cool guy. He's a non brainer signing if he wants to play here. :flare:

jloome
10-16-2010, 11:31 AM
why does it pain you to say it?

JPA is money and he's a cool guy. He's a non brainer signing if he wants to play here. :flare:

He'll be 36 next year. When signing a dp allows the team to effectively go after anyone, I'd say throwing a deal at Angel right away would pretty much constitute a "no-brainer".

If the team rushes into choices, we'll end up back in this spot in two years.

ArmenJBX
10-16-2010, 11:54 AM
Plus he's a red bull

TFC/Everton
10-16-2010, 12:00 PM
Well, the best DP ever is going to available at the end of season

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2010/10/no-angel-for-red-bulls-next-year.html#more

how much would you pay for an 35 yr old geezer who can put the ball in the net. (still probably good for 12 goals per season at least)

With him and Dero, we might actually be able to win some games. I am for signing Angel

rocker
10-16-2010, 12:04 PM
If the new GM feels he needs to sign Angel, then go ahead.
But why can't we just sign a DP striker from elsewhere who will do the same, and be younger? Find the 31-32 year old player who can be the next Angel (in MLS terms).

jloome
10-17-2010, 07:50 PM
If the new GM feels he needs to sign Angel, then go ahead.
But why can't we just sign a DP striker from elsewhere who will do the same, and be younger? Find the 31-32 year old player who can be the next Angel (in MLS terms).

Exactly.