PDA

View Full Version : Nigel Reed - Announcement about ticket prices this week?

H Bomb
10-10-2010, 05:48 PM
So I was listening to afternoon sports talk radio yesterday and Nigel Reed was a guest on the program. He said something off hand that i thought I should mention here. Basically he was speaking on the fans anger about...everything and he mentioned ticket price increases, and then made this paraphrased comment - fans are angry about price increases, althought there may be an announcement about that this week, and that's all the info i have about that -

take it for what its worth, that's what he said

menefreghista
10-10-2010, 06:16 PM
Thanks for posting this.

I wonder if the MLS Cup will now be optional?

Have the renewals been so bad that they've been forced to take action?

TFC_Chris
10-10-2010, 06:17 PM
***SPOILER ALERT***
In order to offset the cost of the increase in tickets, they are going to announce an international friendly against......

The Austin Aztex

wzhxvy
10-10-2010, 06:17 PM
They are going to take action a week before the deadline ? Once again...what a bunch of clowns

MFG1
10-10-2010, 06:54 PM
^amen, once bitten twice shy baby. If its true thats the worse thing they can do because it admits their fault, when all along Anselmi and Co, say that the market can handle the increase. Think about the dynamic of these people that make the decisions, get paid ALOT of money to do what they do, for a company that has alot of money, supposed to be BUSINESS Professionals, and then potentially do something like this? I hope they dont choke on that giant foot in their mouth and announce a price cut in ticket prices. That is soooooooo lame. seriously

Red Rat
10-10-2010, 07:03 PM
MLSE will be jacking prices due to the higher cost of American oranges and since Canada produces plenty of apples they will have to raise the renewal prices to offset the total cost.

Is all about apples and oranges

FluSH
10-10-2010, 08:19 PM
Nigel Reed, greatest TFC commentator we have... he should be the main commentator at every game.

king dave
10-10-2010, 08:25 PM
So I was listening to afternoon sports talk radio yesterday and Nigel Reed was a guest on the program. He said something off hand that i thought I should mention here. Basically he was speaking on the fans anger about...everything and he mentioned ticket price increases, and then made this paraphrased comment - fans are angry about price increases, althought there may be an announcement about that this week, and that's all the info i have about that -

take it for what its worth, that's what he said
Thanks for the heads up Matt.
KD.

king dave
10-10-2010, 08:29 PM
Still not renewing though;).
Fuck this club and it's fucking owners!!
KD.

prizby
10-10-2010, 08:52 PM
i bet they extend the renewal deadline thats about it

wzhxvy
10-10-2010, 09:00 PM
Maybe Paul and Tom, the two economists, can give everyone a lesson on supply and demand at the half for the last game. That is really what we need. The luminaries to enlighten us.

king dave
10-10-2010, 09:15 PM
Man you stuck with that avy for a while bro.
Nice. Next time @ BTS I'll cover your beer son.
KD.

prizby
10-10-2010, 09:19 PM
Man you stuck with that avy for a while bro.
Nice. Next time @ BTS I'll cover your beer son.
KD.

the best avy there could possibly be...prolly won't change it since i can never

where's BTS (lol?)...im back at school now, maybe on a road trip next year :)

Baggio2TFC
10-10-2010, 09:27 PM
If they don`t lower it back to this years price atleast......forget it!! Go TFC...F**k MLSE!!!

nascarguy
10-10-2010, 09:33 PM
Still not renewing though;).
Fuck this club and it's fucking owners!!
KD.
yep MLSE can go fuck there seft

T0R0NT0 FC
10-10-2010, 10:00 PM
I already chose a long time ago to NOT renew my tickets. I've had enough of ML$E. I decided to pick up season tickets to the Toronto Rock instead. 135$ for 8 home games, 1 playoff and two extra free ticket vouchers for friends etc. (comes to like 12$ a game). WAYYYY better entertainment value than watching the shite ML$E decides to give us!!!!

UltraSuperMegaMo
10-10-2010, 10:36 PM
***SPOILER ALERT***
In order to offset the cost of the increase in tickets, they are going to announce an international friendly against......

The Austin Aztex

I'd go see it . . . I guess admitting I have a problem is the first step to recovery.

menefreghista
10-10-2010, 10:47 PM

Ya. I could see that being it.

And they will probably spin it saying it was due to 'confusion'.

We're not confused though. We're angry.

jloome
10-11-2010, 12:56 AM
Smartest move TFC could make: lower prices to year one's, as a symbolic nod to fans having to endure the whole thing starting over.

james
10-11-2010, 05:08 AM
If they don`t lower it back to this years price atleast......forget it!! Go TFC...F**k MLSE!!!

to be honest i dont think putting tickets back to the price they were this season is even gonna be enough. The team has been such shit, coaches and managers fired, security kicking out fans, fans being jerked around with price increases...... at this rate MLSE will have to lower prices to more like season 3 or 2 or even year 1 to regain the fans. And if they dont MLSE really fucked this one up BIG TIME, and i wouldnt be suprised if the attendence is something 10,000 - 14,000 a game.

Pookie
10-11-2010, 06:39 AM
I'd like to be optimistic and think that a break is in order but I'd wager that the news is that Gold list members that want to buy season tickets could do so at the "renewal" price.

Just a guess of course.

TorCanSoc
10-11-2010, 07:22 AM
^Good guess. Or great news!!! For a small fee, you can have your renewal deadline extended !!!

GBV
10-11-2010, 07:28 AM
The naive part of me e-mailed my brother a couple of weeks ago saying I had a hunch they might play the "O.K., we've listened to the fans" blah blah blah card and lower prices.
Not saying that's a lock, but I still believe ...

(Silly me, right?)

swan
10-11-2010, 07:47 AM
^Good guess. Or great news!!! For a small fee, you can have your renewal deadline extended !!!

i think we have a winner..lol

Pigfynn
10-11-2010, 08:28 AM
Smartest move TFC could make: lower prices to year one's, as a symbolic nod to fans having to endure the whole thing starting over.

THIS^

Menelaos
10-11-2010, 08:37 AM
^ will never happen

Boondaddy
10-11-2010, 08:43 AM

This is pretty much it!

+1

Suds
10-11-2010, 10:08 AM
When Nigel Reed had Earl Cochrane on CBC the other day, Earl deferred all questions on ticket pricing for Paul Bierne to answer. Earl said Paul would be doing similar Q&A session to answer questions around pricing, ticket packages, etc.

I think the "announcement" Nigel referred to was just mentioning Paul would be speaking to the ticket pricing, packages, and fan unrest about them.

I doubt MLSE will be dropping ticket prices or making the MLS Cup optional. Budgets are set and certain revenues are being counted on. We might see the deadline extended to give MLSE more time to market the renewal of tickets.

Oldtimer
10-11-2010, 12:16 PM
Rather than guess, I'll just wait and see.

mclaren
10-11-2010, 12:42 PM
I bet it's that the Deportivo Arabe Unido game is free! Oh joy!

Mark in Ottawa
10-11-2010, 12:42 PM
I doubt MLSE will be dropping ticket prices or making the MLS Cup optional. Budgets are set and certain revenues are being counted on. We might see the deadline extended to give MLSE more time to market the renewal of tickets.
Wouldn't that be naive given the fan backlash in evidence just about everywhere?

Or is ML$E really convinced that the "magic waiting list" will keep there renewals at over 90% ??

Menelaos
10-11-2010, 12:45 PM

I still won't go and I wish everyone stayed home for that one.

Mikey
10-11-2010, 12:57 PM
Perhaps they are dropping the current ticket limit to see if they can shift more seasons over to the scalpers.

Suds
10-11-2010, 02:42 PM
Wouldn't that be naive given the fan backlash in evidence just about everywhere?

Or is ML$E really convinced that the "magic waiting list" will keep there renewals at over 90% ??

It could very well be naive of them. But only they know how well renewals are really going. We only have anecdotal evidence of people not renewing by what has been posted on the various online media outlets. To what level or percentage? Only they know for sure.

As Oldimer says, all we can do is speculate or guess until we hear something directly from an official source.

Azerban
10-11-2010, 04:01 PM

but don't you get it it's the principle of the matter and blugglugglug *drowns in a gallon of dicks*

Nuvinho
10-11-2010, 09:56 PM
MLS CUP free?? give us a credit for that amount.

If they give us the Oct 19th game free.....who cares. Its actually worst for me, now I gotta give back money to the people who I sold my 4 tickets too.

habstfc
10-11-2010, 11:04 PM
When Nigel Reed had Earl Cochrane on CBC the other day, Earl deferred all questions on ticket pricing for Paul Bierne to answer. Earl said Paul would be doing similar Q&A session to answer questions around pricing, ticket packages, etc.

I think the "announcement" Nigel referred to was just mentioning Paul would be speaking to the ticket pricing, packages, and fan unrest about them.

Exactly.

Toronto Ruffrider
10-11-2010, 11:12 PM
MLS CUP free?? give us a credit for that amount.

If they give us the Oct 19th game free.....who cares. Its actually worst for me, now I gotta give back money to the people who I sold my 4 tickets too.

Wow, you actually managed to sell your tickets for this game? MLSE should hire you for its marketing department.

Cashcleaner
10-12-2010, 04:21 AM
I'd like to be optimistic and think that a break is in order but I'd wager that the news is that Gold list members that want to buy season tickets could do so at the "renewal" price.

Just a guess of course.

That sounds fairly plausible in my mind. TFC may not want to spend the time and effort trying to bring back those already disenchanted with the club, but might try to entice potential new ticket holders with a discount like that.

The club won't be rolling back prices to 2007 season figures, nor will they make the MLS Cup optional. They just can't go that far from a business perspective.

Nuvinho
10-12-2010, 08:07 AM
Wow, you actually managed to sell your tickets for this game? MLSE should hire you for its marketing department.

I sold mine a month or two ago, before we were out of everything. I lucked out.

GlenM
10-12-2010, 08:09 AM
MLSE will be jacking prices due to the higher cost of American oranges and since Canada produces plenty of apples they will have to raise the renewal prices to offset the total cost.

Is all about apples and oranges

Love this post!

GlenM

Wagner
10-12-2010, 09:00 AM
As much as I would love some sort of discount or incentive...
I can't see an announcement with 48 hours to go...

H Bomb
10-12-2010, 09:14 AM
if they do a discount it'll be after renewals are due I'm sure. What this will do is help create the "leafs" type fan they are looking for. Take the ones who were going to buy anyway, and give them something....this will raise merch sales and the like. There's no way they will show a jesture of good will that is truly a good will jesture. It'll always have a motive, always be profit based.

TFC_Toon
10-12-2010, 11:32 AM
As much as I would love some sort of discount or incentive...
I can't see an announcement with 48 hours to go...

...and the fact that PB was out of country and we have not heard anything from him regarding ticket prices (which all questions seem to be deferred to) this close to the deadline is in a word.....shocking.

DichioTFC
10-12-2010, 11:42 AM
If I were a heartless bastard of a company, I would make ticket prices higher to compensate for people not renewing.

Hitcho
10-12-2010, 12:42 PM
My ticket rep just confirmed that there will be an announcement on this tomorrow (Weds). There will be a restructuring of the CONCACAF games included, on the basis that people don't want to pay for something up front which might never materialise and then have to obtain a refund.

I said my biggest beef was the MLS Cup final, because why should we be told that we have to pay for that if we want to be able to renew our season tickets - it was effectively a ransom. Response was that the league wants the SSH there and made it a condition of granting MLSE the MLS Cup final in the first place. Whether this is true or not I don't know, but that's what I was told. Apparently Seattle had the same deal last year - anyone know if this is true?

Chevy
10-12-2010, 12:44 PM
^^ Will you automatically be charged for the CONCACAF games if we qualify or will they be optional?

Velvet Elvis
10-12-2010, 12:47 PM
My ticket rep just confirmed that there will be an announcement on this tomorrow (Weds). There will be a restructuring of the CONCACAF games included, on the basis that people don't want to pay for something up front which might never materialise and then have to obtain a refund.

I said my biggest beef was the MLS Cup final, because why should we be told that we have to pay for that if we want to be able to renew our season tickets - it was effectively a ransom. Response was that the league wants the SSH there and made it a condition of granting MLSE the MLS Cup final in the first place. Whether this is true or not I don't know, but that's what I was told. Apparently Seattle had the same deal last year - anyone know if this is true?

I was just told by my rep there will be "a reduction in the price of the package."

Wagner
10-12-2010, 12:48 PM
I thought Seattle threw in the MLS cup tix...
it was part of the season one package.

Hitcho
10-12-2010, 12:57 PM
^^ Will you automatically be charged for the CONCACAF games if we qualify or will they be optional?

Didn't say. All I got was that the CONCACAF games will be used to lower the bottom line of the season ticket package.

I was just told by my rep there will be "a reduction in the price of the package."

That's what I understood too, and from not forcing the CCL tickets on us up front.

I thought Seattle threw in the MLS cup tix...
it was part of the season one package.

"Threw in" meaning it was free and an incentive to people to buy the tickets, or "threw in" meaning they ascribed a value to it and made people pay for the tickets?

I asked for the value given to the south end MLS Cup Final tickets but wasn't given it. I reckon it must be around $80. This is gross abuse of your fans, but the ticket rep blamed it squarely on the league.

JonO
10-12-2010, 01:01 PM
If they're seriously reconsidering the package, renewals must be dismal...

Suds
10-12-2010, 01:02 PM

Well, if this is the case then at least that's something. Although I don't think it will make much difference to the packge costs.

Everywhere you looked, (TFC site, Facebook, online news sites, message boards, etc.), MLSE & TFC were being ripped into. Not to mention people expressing their anger directly to the ticket reps through email and phone calls.

Fact is, Season Seats should not be bundled with extra games. When you buy a season seat it should be just that. Maybe the Canadian Chanpionship because those games are guaranteed to happen. Never should potential games that may or may not happen be bendled with a ticket package.

menefreghista
10-12-2010, 01:03 PM
Seattle had 3 friendly vouchers, similar to us in season 1. One of those vouchers ended up being for the MLS Cup.

Wagner
10-12-2010, 01:04 PM
So from what I'm reading...we can likely expect to hear
a) an extension to the deadline
b) deferral of CCL tix to "reduce" the price of the package (you'll just buy them later)
hopefully it's still spread out over 4 payments.

JonO
10-12-2010, 01:07 PM
"Threw in" meaning it was free and an incentive to people to buy the tickets, or "threw in" meaning they ascribed a value to it and made people pay for the tickets?

I googled around a bit and it seems to be the latter. They appear to have three sets of "friendly" tickets included in their season ticket package. As I understand it, they got Chelsea, Barcelona and MLS cup finals as the friendlies...

Velvet Elvis
10-12-2010, 01:08 PM
My rep said he didn't know anything about an extension, but could confirm the price is coming down (he didn't elaborate).

Dave67
10-12-2010, 01:09 PM
Gee - maybe all the people holding off renewing until the last day and calling their reps to bitch about the price had an effect. Just saying.

menefreghista
10-12-2010, 01:12 PM
Gee - maybe all the people holding off renewing until the last day and calling their reps to bitch about the price had an effect. Just saying.

Agreed.

Nice to see all the people who said protesting is useless should be eating crow now.

As Jono mentioned above, the renewals must be really poor for them to be doing this.

I'm beginning to wonder if even this gesture will even matter to some people.

H Bomb
10-12-2010, 01:16 PM
So from what I'm reading...we can likely expect to hear
a) an extension to the deadline
b) deferral of CCL tix to "reduce" the price of the package (you'll just buy them later)
hopefully it's still spread out over 4 payments.

This is it really. It's good that they've done something...but really they havent done much in the way of good will. Naturally I will be glad if the overall price is reduced, as its the overall price that i'm paying, but it's very MLSE of them. This wont change my overall opinion of the company and how its run

Red Rat
10-12-2010, 01:18 PM
To me it sounds like they are shitting bricks and people are not renewing, also the waiting list of 10,000 turned out to be 100 someone added a "0" by accident

DangerRed
10-12-2010, 01:20 PM
If they're seriously reconsidering the package, renewals must be dismal...

I want to agree, but I doubt it. People on these boards are a very vocal minority. I think renewals are down over last year (which would sort of make sense even if prices were staying nearly identical) but that we're still looking at around 75-80 percent.

For MLSE, that's a lot of lost $$$ if you look at not only the ticket revenue but also concessions and merch.

I think they're reconsidering the package not because renewals are dismal but because they're down at all.

DichioTFC
10-12-2010, 01:23 PM
Agreed.

Nice to see all the people who said protesting is useless should be eating crow now.

As Jono mentioned above, the renewals must be really poor for them to be doing this.

I'm beginning to wonder if even this gesture will even matter to some people.

I'm not eating crow. For all the protesting, the root problem (MLS Cup inclusion) was not solved. If TFC makes it to CONCACAF, they'll be selling packages at a rate higher than what would've included in this package and people will buy them.

If being thrown a bone appeases ST holders, that's great. I'm sure whoever made the decision in the FO will show a spike in last day renewals (which is due to be planned anyways) as evidence that their marketing strategy was successful.

Wagner
10-12-2010, 01:24 PM
so,
quick math.

my current invoice is $858...something like that.

so if i minus out 3 CCL games... that's like $19.50 x 3 games x 2 tix.

that would reduce my invoice by $117.

858-117= $741

so my 4 monthly payments went from $214.50 to like $185.25

if only MLS Cup wasn't in the mix...

"you aren't angy, you're confused, and because we caused confusion, you can buy your CCL tix in the spring, so essentially a 5th installment. You still have to pay $60 per ticket to watch the Crew take on the Rapids on a frigid Night in late november."

PS. Look up the history of the Skydome...and why it was built...the locals were sick of being in that exact location at that exact time because the conditions were too cold off the lake. People think the dome was about Jays...it was also about the Argos and the Grey Cup.

Dave67
10-12-2010, 01:28 PM
I'm not eating crow. For all the protesting, the root problem (MLS Cup inclusion) was not solved.

We should wait until they actually announce what changes are being made before we figure out who's problems were solved. Clearly the non renewing and phone calls/emails to ticket reps was noticed. From all STH across the board.

If the CONCACAF games are gone then my root problem is solved.

Wagner
10-12-2010, 01:29 PM
LOL,
the 84th grey cup was played just 60km away from BMO.
November 24, 1996.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/84th_Grey_Cup

and this was what the conditions were like...

http://slam.canoe.ca/FootballImagesCFL/nov24_doug2.jpg
http://thumbnails.truveo.com/0001/80/72/8072E574F75A514C6976A7_Large.jpg

Pyeddo
10-12-2010, 01:29 PM
PS. Look up the history of the Skydome...and why it was built...the locals were sick of being in that exact location at that exact time because the conditions were too cold off the lake. People think the dome was about Jays...it was also about the Argos and the Grey Cup.

+1 QFT

DichioTFC
10-12-2010, 01:31 PM
We should wait until they actually announce what changes are being made before we figure out who's problems were solved. Clearly the non renewing and phone calls/emails to ticket reps was noticed. From all STH across the board.

If the CONCACAF games are gone then my root problem is solved.

Fair enough, if the CONCACAF matches were the root problem, then problem solved. I was under the impression that the MLS Cup was the issue and from rumours here it doesn't look like that will be resolved.

DichioTFC
10-12-2010, 01:32 PM
LOL,
the 84th grey cup was played just 60km away from BMO.
November 24, 1996.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/84th_Grey_Cup

and this was what the conditions were like...

Also from Wikipedia:

The temperature at game time was -10°C, with 20 km/h winds and heavy snow. Tractors had to remove snow from the field prior to the game, as well as at halftime.

Still, I think this is a bit of anomaly and wont be the same this time around... still I would love for Columbus and FC Dallas to be shivering their asses off :)

Wagner
10-12-2010, 01:32 PM
We are past the point of no return with MLS cup.
it's Garber's Superbowl.
and it's only like 6 weeks away.
the need to ensure asses in the seats.

H Bomb
10-12-2010, 01:38 PM
We are past the point of no return with MLS cup.
it's Garber's Superbowl.
and it's only like 6 weeks away.
the need to ensure tickets sold.

fixed.

And DichioTFC - There are many problems. This whole stink is not simply MLS ticket = bad. But its the most tangible, easily recognizable target for the STH to send their dissatisfaction. I agree that this is only a small thing, but it is a small victory for the good guys (read: me and people who think and act like me :D)

kaos197O
10-12-2010, 01:45 PM
Does anyone here believe that perhaps those who inquired about the legalities of charging customers for games that may never take place, were actually right and MLSE is being forced to remove those two games from their SSH package as a result?

JonO
10-12-2010, 01:47 PM
I want to agree, but I doubt it. People on these boards are a very vocal minority. I think renewals are down over last year (which would sort of make sense even if prices were staying nearly identical) but that we're still looking at around 75-80 percent.

I have two friends not on these (or any) boards who each have several tickets in the reds (split with friends and family) and they won't be renewing.

I think MLSE have managed to burn through a lot of the momentum of season 1 (and even season 2 to an extent). I say this without malice, but with disappointment.

A LOT of people I speak to (who most would consider "casual" fans) are debating why they should pay premier league prices for crap football. The comparison may or may not be valid, but from my experience that is the perception.

I am sure MLSE have done their homework and are expecting a very different reaction and they may be right, but that's not what my initial vibe is from the people I know.

Lastly, from what I recall, the unexpected bump to the season ticket holders initially were the 20 and 30 something year old professionals who lived downtown and saw TFC as an inexpensive entertainment expense. I bet you that is no longer the case. It will be interesting to see how many have become hooked and how many will just walk away..

Wagner
10-12-2010, 01:47 PM
Does anyone here believe that perhaps those who inquired about the legalities of charging customers for games that may never take place, were actually right and MLSE is being forced to remove those two games from their SSH package as a result?

I thought about this earlier...
the guys that took the time to fill out the Better Business Bureau reports...and Consumer Affairs stuff...might have something to do with this.

I guess we need to wait and see what comes with tomorrow's announcement.

JonO
10-12-2010, 01:49 PM
No... They have done it in the past and they offer a full refund if they don't qualify. I doubt that's the issue. Not sure about MLS final tickets, but I'm sure they've done their legal homework.

kaos197O
10-12-2010, 01:50 PM
I thought about this earlier...
the guys that took the time to fill out the Better Business Bureau reports...and Consumer Affairs stuff...might have something to do with this.

I guess we need to wait and see what comes with tomorrow's announcement.

Do you think that they would own up to it or try to spin it as good PR "we're listening" BS

Wagner
10-12-2010, 01:51 PM
I have two friends not on these (or any) boards who each have several tickets in the reds (split with friends and family) and they won't be renewing.

I think MLSE have managed to burn through a lot of the momentum of season 1 (and even season 2 to an extent). I say this without malice, but with disappointment.

A LOT of people I speak to (who most would consider "casual" fans) are debating why they should pay premier league prices for crap football. The comparison may or may not be valid, but from my experience that is the perception.

I am sure MLSE have done their homework and are expecting a very different reaction and they may be right, but that's not what my initial vibe is from the people I know.

Lastly, from what I recall, the unexpected bump to the season ticket holders initially were the 20 and 30 something year old professionals who lived downtown and saw TFC as an inexpensive entertainment expense. I bet you that is no longer the case. It will be interesting to see how many have become hooked and how many will just walk away..

^^^ This!!!
when it was $200 or $240 for a single in the south....it was easy for a young urbanite, maybe just out of school to justify dropping cash on entertainment for 15 events in the summer time.

but as a pair is creeping up to $1000...a mortgage payment for some people...it's a lot harder to justify.

and those 20somethings...that bought in at those low prices....are the ones making banners, singing their hearts out...
if you price them out...it'll just be soccer moms.

menefreghista
10-12-2010, 01:52 PM
I'm not eating crow. For all the protesting, the root problem (MLS Cup inclusion) was not solved. If TFC makes it to CONCACAF, they'll be selling packages at a rate higher than what would've included in this package and people will buy them.

If being thrown a bone appeases ST holders, that's great. I'm sure whoever made the decision in the FO will show a spike in last day renewals (which is due to be planned anyways) as evidence that their marketing strategy was successful.

Personally I was upset at a number of issues:

1. Price per game increase
2. CCL game inclusion (paying for games I may never get)
3. Non-option on MLS Cup

I wasn't expecting to get everything my way. Even having part of my concerns addressed is a victory in my opinion.

JonO
10-12-2010, 01:53 PM
when it was $200 or $240 for a single in the south....it was easy for a young urbanite, maybe just out of school to justify dropping cash on entertainment for 15 events in the summer time.

Not just at those prices. Even someone who bought a red for $1000 is now being asked to pay $1500. I bet you those people haven't seen their salaries increase 50% since then...

Wagner
10-12-2010, 01:53 PM
Do you think that they would own up to it or try to spin it as good PR "we're listening" BS

Why would they admit to getting called out on a semi-ethical business practice, and possibly illegal one.

The email tomorrow will read...

"you've spoken and we've listened....new payment structure...."

i would bet my car that it won't say....

"we got a letter from the BBB wondering if we should be selling something that might not happen, and only offer credit and not a refund"

Canada72
10-12-2010, 01:54 PM
so,
quick math.

my current invoice is $858...something like that.

so if i minus out 3 CCL games... that's like $19.50 x 3 games x 2 tix.

that would reduce my invoice by $117.

858-117= $741

so my 4 monthly payments went from $214.50 to like $185.25

if only MLS Cup wasn't in the mix...

"you aren't angy, you're confused, and because we caused confusion, you can buy your CCL tix in the spring, so essentially a 5th installment. You still have to pay $60 per ticket to watch the Crew take on the Rapids on a frigid Night in late november."

The current package is:
1 MLS Cup
17 MLS Games
2 Nutrilite Games
2 CONCACAF Games
22 Games

So, if rumors are true then 2 games will be dropped and as mentioned earlier ML$E will end up charging us more for them when or if TFC qualify for them, then they would charge us now.

Also, we don't know if there will be 3 Nutrilite games next year, Edmonton may or may not play.

JonO
10-12-2010, 01:54 PM
Why would they admit to getting called out on a semi-ethical business practice, and possibly illegal one.

"we got a letter from the BBB wondering if we should be selling something that might not happen, and only offer credit and not a refund"
I don't think any business bureau would work fast enough to get results this quickly.

menefreghista
10-12-2010, 01:58 PM

I'm sure this email will involve a lot of exclamation points.

kaos197O
10-12-2010, 02:03 PM
No... They have done it in the past and they offer a full refund if they don't qualify. I doubt that's the issue. Not sure about MLS final tickets, but I'm sure they've done their legal homework.

This is where I disagree. We do not get charged for playoff games as part of our season ticket packages. Just regular season games. Because the nutrilite championship is going to happen yearly they could be deemed regular season games as well. However CCL games are in essence playoff games and should not be billed to us in advance. Just because MLSE charged us before and got away with it means nothing. If no one knew then no harm no foul. Now that it's been brought to the attention of the BBB and Competition Bureau they very likely could have been told to cease charging people for these games. I don't know for sure but.......

Sally Mack
10-12-2010, 02:49 PM
I suspect the low renewal rate has scared tfc into thinking they may not sell out the MLS cup. That would be embarrassing for the "model franchise" of MLS. If it were any other year, we wouldn't see action being taken. But this year, they NEED asses in those seats for the MLS cup final. And the easiest way to get them is via ransom through st packages. So tfc's gonna make it easier to renew by cutting out the ncc/ccl games. Or atleast making them optional.

Its nice to know they're getting desperate.

JonO
10-12-2010, 02:56 PM
This is where I disagree.
Pretty sure they including the "playoff" game (last year v the Islanders) in the season ticket package together with the CC games.

As a side note, many people didn't notice that they dropped this game from our package for 2010, so the price increase (per ticket) for 2010 is higher than many realize...

MFG1
10-12-2010, 03:05 PM
OR............. this could have been their plan all along. if no one complained they would have left it and made more of a killing. It smells a bit like back in the day when they announced a new tax called the GST was going to start off at 9%, canadians mustered up as much aggression as they could in a life time and complained, they dropped to 7% before it came out, in good faith. Truth is, anything above 1% is still a profit to the government.

We are suckers, love it or hate it, this is not football at a professional level. These guys are a step sideways from maybe university ball. I just hate the feeling of being ripped off when I see what is one the pitch, and one or two levels above that in the coaching and management shenanigans.

Oldtimer
10-12-2010, 03:10 PM
Duane Rollins hot on the story's trail...

http://www.24thminute.com/2010/10/strong-and-credible-rumours-are-flying.html

BFin
10-12-2010, 03:20 PM
I already chose a long time ago to NOT renew my tickets. I've had enough of ML$E. I decided to pick up season tickets to the Toronto Rock instead. 135$ for 8 home games, 1 playoff and two extra free ticket vouchers for friends etc. (comes to like 12$ a game). WAYYYY better entertainment value than watching the shite ML$E decides to give us!!!!

Except that MLSE owns the Toronto Rock.

Way to show those corporate bastards.

scooter
10-12-2010, 03:20 PM
good point by one of the comments on rollins article
if tfc had a chance to be in the final maybe we wouldnt be complaining as much

BFin
10-12-2010, 03:21 PM
Duane Rollins hot on the story's trail...

http://www.24thminute.com/2010/10/strong-and-credible-rumours-are-flying.html

He's still hoping they'll be free...

Oldtimer
10-12-2010, 03:21 PM
Except that MLSE owns the Toronto Rock.

Way to show those corporate bastards.

That's not correct.

There is a link in that Bill Watters owned the team (he doesn't now), but while he is a former MLSE employee, MLSE never owned the team.
(The team is now owned by James Dawick).

Another link is that they rent the ACC.

BFin
10-12-2010, 03:26 PM
My apologies...they used to as far as I know.

menefreghista
10-12-2010, 03:27 PM
My apologies...they used to as far as I know.

They never did. Ever.

GBV
10-12-2010, 03:42 PM

For MLSE, that's a lot of lost $$$ if you look at not only the ticket revenue but also concessions and merch.

I think they're reconsidering the package not because renewals are dismal but because they're down at all.

I would wager they're dismal.
A hunch.
When the Globe and Mail runs huge stories about how ridiculous the price is, people take notice. Even Steve Simmons of the Sun, in his Sunday column, made mention of how pissed people are.
This season is winding down with a) poor results and b) empty seats.
And yet they jack it up again.
There is just no way I'd buy that the renewals aren't down big time.

Nuvinho
10-12-2010, 04:45 PM
wtf....I got my invoice today in the mail. They didn't include a return pre-paid envelope.......how am I going to send them my post-dated NSF cheque......haha!!!

menefreghista
10-12-2010, 05:05 PM
wtf....I got my invoice today in the mail. They didn't include a return pre-paid envelope.......how am I going to send them my post-dated NSF cheque......haha!!!

Notice how it was dated September 29th? Does mail really take over 2 weeks to get out these days?

Also, I like how they don't even outline what you are paying for. Pathetic.

Nuvinho
10-12-2010, 05:09 PM
Notice how it was dated September 29th? Does mail really take over 2 weeks to get out these days?

Also, I like how they don't even outline what you are paying for. Pathetic.

yeah, they used to break it up in prior years.

menefreghista
10-12-2010, 05:15 PM
There are going to be some awfully pissed TFC season ticket holders who don't use the account manager and don't check their emails.

Good job TFC FO giving people a mailed season ticket invoice 3 days before the deadline.

Hitcho
10-12-2010, 05:16 PM
I suspect the low renewal rate has scared tfc into thinking they may not sell out the MLS cup. That would be embarrassing for the "model franchise" of MLS. If it were any other year, we wouldn't see action being taken. But this year, they NEED asses in those seats for the MLS cup final. And the easiest way to get them is via ransom through st packages. So tfc's gonna make it easier to renew by cutting out the ncc/ccl games. Or atleast making them optional.

Its nice to know they're getting desperate.

I really don't think this is the case. The line from MLSE is that the league made it a condition of hosting the final that tickets be included for the SSH. if that's the case, then there was never any risk of not selling 16,000+ tickets. And there are rumours of MLSE adding more seats to the season ticket list, so it could be a guaranteed 18,000 tickets for the final (assuming they sell out all their season ticket packages).

And what are they actually offering us here? Virtually nothing. The chance to pay for CCL tickets later, possibly without a "SSH discount" factored into the price. For all we know they are not even removing them from the package, just removing the up front payment and replacing it with a "we'll invoice you and take direct payment when we qualify" clause instead. If that's the case then they've done NOTHING to ease supporter costs.

Hitcho
10-12-2010, 05:19 PM
They want bums in seats for the MLS Cup final. Fine, I get that. So MLSE should fucking well eat the cost of that and make the final FREE for all season ticket holders. "Here you go guys, you've been great through 4 really shit years and stuck with us while we fucked everything up time and again - we consistently tell you you're the best fans in the league, so to say thanks in a meaningful way, you're all getting free MLS Cup final tickets. See you in Season V with a new GM and head coach and a renewed commitment to making this club great."

Now that would be a meaningful gesture. As it is, they are going to end up pissing people off. My seats for the final will be empty, just to make MLSE look bad. I bet there are many thousand other people who won;t go either, and unless it's NYRB vs LAG the after-market demand for these tickets is going to be utter shite. Expect empty seats, and lots of them, unless Henry and Beckham ride to the rescue.

Sally Mack
10-12-2010, 05:25 PM
I really don't think this is the case. The line from MLSE is that the league made it a condition of hosting the final that tickets be included for the SSH. if that's the case, then there was never any risk of not selling 16,000+ tickets. And there are rumours of MLSE adding more seats to the season ticket list, so it could be a guaranteed 18,000 tickets for the final (assuming they sell out all their season ticket packages).

And what are they actually offering us here? Virtually nothing. The chance to pay for CCL tickets later, possibly without a "SSH discount" factored into the price. For all we know they are not even removing them from the package, just removing the up front payment and replacing it with a "we'll invoice you and take direct payment when we qualify" clause instead. If that's the case then they've done NOTHING to ease supporter costs.

You've made one huge assumption here: that people are going to buy season tickets.

They saw soft renewals numbers and are now sweating a bit.

anto7
10-12-2010, 06:21 PM
O.K., I'm confused and need some help with my renewal notice. What exactly is this charge for a 2010 playoff game? Is this the MLS Cup final ticket?
My total charges for 2 tickets including $90 for the playoff tickets.
When I look at the 3 payment options they are
1) full payment credit card or cheque = $1,662
2) payment plan by credit card = $393 x 4 = $1572
3) advanced payment option cheque only = $1662

So how comes I don't have to pay for the playoff tickets in option 2?

Greg
10-12-2010, 06:44 PM
O.K., I'm confused and need some help with my renewal notice. What exactly is this charge for a 2010 playoff game? Is this the MLS Cup final ticket?

hmm, same here but with my section 106 prices...

torontocelt
10-12-2010, 07:48 PM
Same here but for dark grey. It is obviously a mistake on their part, they will be quick to sort it out I am sure as it involves money. TFC has lost a few games since this letter was created so who knows maybe they will decide to put the correct price up a couple of hundred dollars, that seems to be the way it has worked so far.

Mikey
10-12-2010, 07:55 PM
Basically it's fuck all except a very public PR move

http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/mls/torontofc/article/874347--tfc-moves-to-quell-supporters-revolt

"townhall meetings" with supporters groups to try and quiet the noisy element.....

torontocelt
10-12-2010, 08:08 PM

http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/mls/torontofc/article/874347--tfc-moves-to-quell-supporters-revolt

"townhall meetings" with supporters groups to try and quiet the noisy element.....

Jeez, how do they expect to appease supporters groups now? The only way I can see them being able to do that is by literally lowering the season ticket prices to an acceptable level in all areas and that is not going to happen. I love how their apparent main bargaining tool to fans is to not charge us for two games they haven't even qualified for, they are a bunch of idiots. They obviously think that the fans are also stupid because this perceived answer to our ''confused' state is nothing more than a slap in the face.

DaBandit
10-12-2010, 08:11 PM

This is the same song and dance ML$E has been playing on Leaf fans for what, 10 years now? 'Hang in there', 'We're going to turn things around', sorry been there and bought the t-shirt already. As the saying goes 'fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me'. We won't be fooled again!!!

torontocelt
10-12-2010, 08:13 PM
My invoice on line has dropped by $66 which is the 2010 play off game amount, is this the final?

Dunno what happend about the champions league games, I think I am still being charges for them?

Dave67
10-12-2010, 08:17 PM
Mine still shows the same amount it showed last week. 'Wait til next year' the ML$E rally cry.

Wagner
10-12-2010, 08:18 PM
just 2 concacaf games???
that's it???

what about tossing in the MLS cup???
you want me there, happy, singing, etc....reward our 4 years of blind loyalty.

Wagner
10-12-2010, 08:20 PM
my account manager hasn't been corrected yet.

Oldtimer
10-12-2010, 08:22 PM

It's not going to work, not unless they actually drop prices...

canadian_bhoy
10-12-2010, 08:23 PM
Good on Anselmi for reaching out to the fans like this.

Only problem is that the only solution is to lower the ticket prices back to something reasonable (especially the people getting hosed in the reds).

This will just turn into a "we want our own section/ticket control etc". Which some people here may care about, but it's not a big deal to a lot of people.

This isn't about appeasing the SG's. It's about getting things done right. And that means the prices need to go down.

DaBandit
10-12-2010, 08:23 PM
They should (I know they won't, but they should) rollback the price to year one, because basically looking at the talent on this team, we are an expansion club again. So sad!

Pachuco
10-12-2010, 08:25 PM
I don't give a shit how many games are taken off the list in order to just simply charge me for them later. I want my season tickets at the same price as last year's tickets. Or else, MLSE, SUCK IT. You are once again re-shuflling to try and confuse people a little more. We are not idiots. Oh, and feel the pain bitches. Don't let the door hit you while you back peddle.

Wagner
10-12-2010, 08:28 PM
2 CCL games...@ $20 per pop....that i'm just going to buy anyways in the spring...really doesn't seem like much of an olive branch.

We'll see what tomorrow's announcement brings.

I'm still on the fence about renewing.

anto7
10-12-2010, 08:31 PM

So does anyone know what this playoff game is? Is it the MLS Cup Final.
And why is it not included in payment option 2?

TFC Cityboy
10-12-2010, 08:33 PM
well it does sound like the suits heard about how the great unwashed was feeling. Let's see what develops tomorrow...not taking anything for granted at this point.

Nuvinho
10-12-2010, 08:46 PM
the playoff game was the TFC game that MLSE thought we'd be hosting. They figured, why not charge TFC fans for something that is a fantasy.

anto7
10-12-2010, 08:49 PM
the playoff game was the TFC game that MLSE thought we'd be hosting. They figured, why not charge TFC fans for something that is a fantasy.
So why do you still have to pay for it with options 1 & 3?

jloome
10-12-2010, 08:53 PM
The sheer gall of this is astounding: they're not "lowering" the price by two tickets. They're simply removing two concacaf tickets from the package.

Nuvinho
10-12-2010, 08:55 PM
So why do you still have to pay for it with options 1 & 3?

MLSE logic. I know one those options is to pay by cheque, so they won't have access to charge your card for a playoff game (still makes me laugh they actually thought we'd make the playoffs), so they figure they make you pay up front, then just credit your account later on.

Red Rat
10-12-2010, 09:09 PM
Sorry that you tried to teal my money?
What a fool!

DaBandit
10-12-2010, 09:11 PM
This is great! Another in a series of epic miscalculations by MLSE.

Throw the supporters a unbelievably measly bone in allowing them to opt out of two games that probably won't be played anyway. (Vancouver will be an upgraded team next year.)

And then hold a series of town-hall meetings with supporters so they can vent their rage at you for the shitty bone that's been thrown at them. Brilliant. Another master stroke.

I'm assuming these meetings will take place after ML$E already has your money. Lots they will be listening to concerns then.

Your confused, give us your money and then we'll talk about it. What a bunch of clowns. Tommy boy should have been on the same flight as Mo and Preki.

ExiledRed
10-12-2010, 09:13 PM
Lots they will be listening to concerns then.

sorry hate to get off track, but this is the best yoda-ised quote ever!

Red Rat
10-12-2010, 09:32 PM
This is great! Another in a series of epic miscalculations by MLSE.

Throw the supporters a unbelievably measly bone in allowing them to opt out of two games that probably won't be played anyway. (Vancouver will be an upgraded team next year.)

And then hold a series of town-hall meetings with supporters so they can vent their rage at you for the shitty bone that's been thrown at them. Brilliant. Another master stroke.

hahahah after they rape you they want to know how it felt and if you will be OK

CretanBull
10-12-2010, 09:48 PM
hahahah after they rape you they want to know how it felt and if you will be OK

"Sorry about the rape, you'll be Ok, yeah? Good. So...you'll be here tomorrow at 2am wearing the same short skirt, right?"

Limani_Ole
10-12-2010, 09:58 PM
They played chicken with the season ticket holders and 3 days before the deadline they blink and apologize.. haha what a bunch of tools.. also great reporting by Toronto Star.. obviously a mouth piece for MLSE..

It will have to be MORE than excluding the CCL games..

I counter with a ticket price freeze at year 2 prices.. Until TFC makes the playoffs

lets put it to a vote.. this way they cant say we didnt ask

andyc
10-12-2010, 10:01 PM
MLS Cup final tickets for free as an apology to the long suffering Season Seat Holders...

That is the right gesture if MLSE truly is sorry and pissed off...

Not holding my breath tho'...

Auzzy
10-12-2010, 10:12 PM
They played chicken with the season ticket holders and 3 days before the deadline they blink and apologize.. haha what a bunch of tools.. also great reporting by Toronto Star.. obviously a mouth piece for MLSE..

Not sure why you would call The Star a "mouth piece" on this one. Sure, they got an interview & they're publishing it. But not w/o comment. To Anselmi's quote “We’re going to turn it around.” Daniel Gerard adds:

Diehard TFC supporters, who made TFC the model for MLS expansion by packing the stadium for every game, are excused for believing they’ve seen this movie before. The last time, was about 50 weeks ago, not long after the Reds got thumped 5-0 by the then-last place New York Red Bulls in the season’s final game to come up one point short in their post-season bid.

and so on.

Hitcho
10-12-2010, 10:19 PM
It's staggering - he openly states "we screwed up" and "we're going to fix it" and then they do what exactly? Remove two games from the package which A) we haven't even qualified for yet and probably won't given the way the team looks right now and B) will just be charged to us further down the line anyway.

"We're really, really, really, really, really sorry and we absolutely promise to make it up to you, I feel a personal sense of grievance about this, and to prove it, we're not going to charge you for something now that you might never get anyway (but we are going to charge you for something else you don't want and which won't even feature the team you're paying through the nose to watch even though they've been shite for the last four years)."

Gee, thanks Tom. I can really feel your personal pain sense of debt there. Tell you what, give me a free season ticket this year and pledge to keep prices at the league average going forward, and we'll call it quits...

Limani_Ole
10-12-2010, 10:21 PM
Mouth piece because of all the tough questions he asked.. let's see.. hmmm how about Nothing!!! Rather he just quoted him.. It's like a press release more than anything..

He could have atleast asked why the change of heart? Low renewals?
How about there massive waiting list?

Auzzy
10-12-2010, 10:23 PM
^ Good point. I wonder if we will get to read the full interview? This was just excerpts.

I was still happy to read the negative commentary, at least.

flambe
10-12-2010, 10:26 PM
quick question, how many of you have received a paper invoice for next season?

i haven't as of yet, am i in the minority?

menefreghista
10-12-2010, 10:28 PM

I just got it today in the mail. For awhile I just assumed they decided to go totally electronic. I never received it this late in the other seasons.

The stupid thing is that it doesn't even outline what you are getting.

Plus it charges you for 2010 TFC playoff tickets. LOL.

mclaren
10-12-2010, 10:28 PM
Not sure why you would call The Star a "mouth piece" on this one. Sure, they got an interview & they're publishing it. But not w/o comment. To Anselmi's quote “We’re going to turn it around.” Daniel Gerard adds:

and so on.

Girard is close to Beirne.

flambe
10-12-2010, 10:44 PM
I just got it today in the mail. For awhile I just assumed they decided to go totally electronic.

If true it just goes to show what a shit show the FO is. You don't just assume that everyone will check their email looking for an invoice. In my opinion someone dropped the ball here, and they just realized. Someone mentioned the invoice was dated mid September? Seems the mailing house fucked up and no-one realised.

If not, who-ever approved this decision should be fired. Marketing 101, don't change comms methods without telling everyone first.

:picard:

ilikemusic
10-12-2010, 10:47 PM
:facepalm:

MLSE is turning TFC into the 'Bills in Toronto Series'.

nascarguy
10-12-2010, 11:22 PM

it's online

menefreghista
10-12-2010, 11:27 PM
If true it just goes to show what a shit show the FO is. You don't just assume that everyone will check their email looking for an invoice. In my opinion someone dropped the ball here, and they just realized. Someone mentioned the invoice was dated mid September? Seems the mailing house fucked up and no-one realised.

The letter is dated Sep. 29th. This isn't the 1930's. It shouldn't take more than a few days for mail to get out.

I wonder if the letter is back-dated.

Its not like its overly complicated. Just 2 sheets of paper in a standard envelope.

:facepalm:

MLSE is turning TFC into the 'Bills in Toronto Series'.

LOL. It does have the feeling.

The people who run professional sports in this city never learn their lesson. Fans that are turned away by outrageous pricing don't return immediately when your pricing becomes more reasonable.

Alonso
10-13-2010, 12:13 AM
Perhaps they are dropping the current ticket limit to see if they can shift more seasons over to the scalpers.

That would be sweet, then they could make the atmosphere even worse, and then this slippery slope they fell down can get steeper.

Alonso
10-13-2010, 12:34 AM
ML$SE really thinks we don't have a clue, apparently we can't reason or add 2 numbers together, or figure out what our ticket price per game is....

ML$E please spare me the insult of giving me back the money you were going to take from me in keeping until we might qualify for the games in question. AND THEN CALL IT A DISCOUNT!

Just ask me to not renew and let's get this over with... I can't believe the audacity of the managment of this team, it's truly incredible.

If this is true, it's only going to make me angrier because it only proves they're not listening and that they're even greedier than I had already supposed.

The charm of this team was the combination of entertainment, atmosphere, and the price point and they are losing on all three of these fronts since the inception of this team. Not a winning formula at all.... you can lose one of these ingredients and make up the difference with the others but not all three.

ilikemusic
10-13-2010, 12:45 AM
The people who run professional sports in this city never learn their lesson. Fans that are turned away by outrageous pricing don't return immediately when your pricing becomes more reasonable.

Exxactly. Its offensive when we see their opinion of our ability to be discerning consumers.

When people get treated like this, they think to themselves, "You think you can take me for a ride? Go fuck yourself buddy!"

http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/mls/torontofc/article/874347--tfc-moves-to-quell-supporters-revolt?bn=1

This article jut put up by the Star has some pretty funny Anselmi quotes.

...“We don’t feel good about the fact that we are where we are because the objective this year was the playoffs and we missed it,” Anselmi said in an interview Tuesday. “It’s bothering me.

“I feel a personal obligation to our fans to deliver and so far we haven’t.”...

...“We screwed up and we’re going to apologize,” Anselmi said of the move.
“Our job is real simple now,” he said. “It’s to deliver them a product they can be proud of, give them something to cheer about.

“We’re going to turn it around.”....

...While Anselmi was reluctant to spend much time reviewing 2010 publicly, he did say the “disconnected situation” between the two men meant the plan for 2010 to make “a couple of tweaks that would put us over the finish line” and into the playoffs was abandoned for wholesale roster moves....

...“The bottom line is you make a plan but then you ignore it and rip the guts of the team apart and change 15 people, all bets are off,” Anselmi said of the massive player overhaul undertaken by Preki and Johnston.

“At Maple Leaf Sports, we’ve been accused at length about suits like me interfering with the team. (This is) proof positive, we don’t interfere.

“We had a general manager and a head coach who played together on both sides of the ocean, won a championship together. You would have thought that they were on the same page. We stayed out of their hair and let them do what they did and maybe that wasn’t the right thing.”

Anselmi insisted that he and other MLSE executives aren’t looking to run the day-to-day operations of the team. But rather than a “one-man band” as under Johnston, he said the new GM will have soccer people around him in the front office, including interim GM Earl Cochrane and Jim Brennan, who earlier this season retired to move to the front office as Johnston’s assistant....

:lol:

What a fucking shit show! Is this supposed to inspire confidence?

They have to be getting seriously wallopped with non-renewals to be making these kinds of statements and attempts at what MLSE would consider to be 'capitulation'. For Anselmi to come out and say anything to this effect is shocking. And since we know MLSE (and any corporate entity if were being honest) only responds to the bottom line, we know where they are getting hurt. They arent doing this because the NEE had a nice anti-MLSE display and they arent doing this because the RPB boards are lit up with hatred for MLSE. Theyre doing this because they see the gravy train drying up (which reminds me of the gravy boats for all, another promise BROKEN by ML$E)

Youre back to square one MLSE. Actually, youre worse than square one because now the team has a bad image. TFC is no longer the shiny new toy that everyone thinks is super fun. Its now a punch line. You know how Toronto is always accused of being a 'trendy' city, where people only go to Leaf games or whatever else because its 'the thing to do', or something to be seen at? Well TFC has lost that. Its embarrassing to go to a Toronto FC game now. Its a rip off, and everyone knows the product is a joke.

MLSE....

http://images.memegenerator.net/Inception-Leo/ImageMacro/1873976/I-hate-to-tell-you-this-but-you-dun-goofed.jpg

DichioTFC
10-13-2010, 01:14 AM
"Sorry about the rape, you want me to stick it in half an inch less next time? Okay. So...you'll be here tomorrow at 2am wearing the same short skirt, right?"

/ fixed

Super
10-13-2010, 02:07 AM
Lower the cost significantly of ST's and add a roof on top of the south end. This may take some of the anger out of me. Maybe.

Red CB Toronto
10-13-2010, 04:04 AM
Like a G6

FluSH
10-13-2010, 07:46 AM
I think it's time to makeup... MLSE give us our own section!!! To the North!

Nuvinho
10-13-2010, 07:59 AM
MY INVOICE on account manager is GONE!!!

wooohooo!!! free tickets for everyone!!!

haha...joking!! But it no more pops up saying I owe TFC money

Suds
10-13-2010, 08:16 AM
^^

yeah, mine too ... guess the recalculations are already being readied

mastermixer
10-13-2010, 08:16 AM
I think they know they have lost a lot of fans with this screw up. I predict they will attempt a HUGE signing for next year to get the fans back in the seats.

mastermixer
10-13-2010, 08:19 AM
So they spent thousands of dollars to mail out invoices 3 days before the renewal deadline... only to tell us to toss them cuz they are useless? If this happened at my company someone would be shown the door immediately.

Nuvinho
10-13-2010, 08:25 AM
So they spent thousands of dollars to mail out invoices 3 days before the renewal deadline... only to tell us to toss them cuz they are useless? If this happened at my company someone would be shown the door immediately.

they forgot to include a pre-paid envelope as well...cheapos.

DavydMT
10-13-2010, 09:06 AM
I think it's time to makeup... MLSE give us our own section!!! To the North!

Lower prices and give us our own section. Very simple.

H Bomb
10-13-2010, 09:38 AM
Lower prices and give us our own section. Very simple.

Sorry guys, but this whole thing has zero to do with supporters groups...might have to give your head a shake on that one a little bit.

Fort York Redcoat
10-13-2010, 09:55 AM
Sorry guys, but this whole thing has zero to do with supporters groups...might have to give your head a shake on that one a little bit.

Say more. If this isn't fear of Supporters action it's...

H Bomb
10-13-2010, 10:00 AM
its a fear of non renewal. It affects everyone in the stadium. Sure you might want to randomly go to the north stand or whatever....but most people couldnt care about that. If you look at the things MLSE has done wrong, and your first reaction is give us our own section....I dunno, maybe you should be jumping with U sec.

Boris
10-13-2010, 10:04 AM
its a fear of non renewal. It affects everyone in the stadium. Sure you might want to randomly go to the north stand or whatever....but most people couldnt care about that. If you look at the things MLSE has done wrong, and your first reaction is give us our own section....I dunno, maybe you should be jumping with U sec.

people are angry and are venting about everything under the sun.
We need to stay focused about the true issues

H Bomb
10-13-2010, 10:09 AM
good luck homey, youre gonna need it! :D

Sally Mack
10-13-2010, 10:13 AM

I agree... but if there ever was a good time to get our own section, it would be now, while we have a bit of leverage, and before they sell off the north end.

Roogsy
10-13-2010, 10:31 AM
I want my $5 beer!!!

arbogast
10-13-2010, 10:38 AM
I agree... but if there ever was a good time to get our own section, it would be now, while we have a bit of leverage, and before they sell off the north end.

How is that going to fix anything? you can have your own section, and hand out your own tickets, but MLSE will still determine the prices of your tickets and the content of the season seat package. Besides, there are numerous people in 111/112 and 113 that don't associate with any ssg and have had tix since day 1, it is patently unfair to those customers.

kaos197O
10-13-2010, 11:01 AM
I wouldn't take the North at those prices but I'd certainly take the south if you guys do move. He'll with extra $800 a seat in savings 4 of us could create a helluva banner each year.

Dave67
10-13-2010, 11:29 AM
I want my $5 beer!!!
I want a $5 rebate on all my $10 beers from season 1 - 4. Then I want $5 beer. :drinking:

Nuvinho
10-13-2010, 11:45 AM
$790 now for supporters section for 2 seats.

Dave67
10-13-2010, 11:47 AM
Yep - my new invoice is up. That's all they did folks. Removed 2 CONCACAF games we have not even qualified for.

Wow - what an awesome gesture. Fuck you Tom.

Cowboy905
10-13-2010, 11:49 AM
removing the CCL games might help most SSH a little bit, but it doesn't help the supporters out at all as we are the ones who buy the CCL games so we'll still be paying for them anyways.

cosmos
10-13-2010, 12:38 PM
MY INVOICE on account manager is GONE!!!

wooohooo!!! free tickets for everyone!!!

haha...joking!! But it no more pops up saying I owe TFC money

I just noticed this as well - what is happening are they giving us an extension and reducing the fees? The count down to renewal now shows 9 days.

Mikey
10-13-2010, 12:41 PM
They will try and play the "if you dont renew, you will never get tickets again" card during the renewal extension.

Why hasn't the Mega-star DP rumours started yet BTW?

Suds
10-13-2010, 12:44 PM
How is that going to fix anything? you can have your own section, and hand out your own tickets, but MLSE will still determine the prices of your tickets and the content of the season seat package. Besides, there are numerous people in 111/112 and 113 that don't associate with any ssg and have had tix since day 1, it is patently unfair to those customers.

The idea of SG only section can be addressed independent of ticket prices - so you are correct that one will not directly affect the other. But sometimes it's easier to break these things out. We may never influence tickets prices, but if we can get an SG member only section that is a plus for us.

And yes, the major issue is how do you deal with people in that section who are SSH's and not SG members? This was the idea was floated about the North End before it was made available as season seats. In the future there may be other expansion we can take advantage of. It's a goal we have set and will continue to look at it when the opportunity arises.

arbogast
10-13-2010, 12:57 PM
The idea of SG only section can be addressed independent of ticket prices - so you are correct that one will not directly affect the other. But sometimes it's easier to break these things out. We may never influence tickets prices, but if we can get an SG member only section that is a plus for us.

And yes, the major issue is how do you deal with people in that section who are SSH's and not SG members? This was the idea was floated about the North End before it was made available as season seats. In the future there may be other expansion we can take advantage of. It's a goal we have set and will continue to look at it when the opportunity arises.

fair enough. My concern is that someone who bought seats in saaaay 111 in year 1 BEFORE it was deemed an RPB supporters section, and who doesn't associate with the group, should not have their tickets put in SSGs hands if they don't want to. They're seats should not be affected in nay way. If it's for a new section, like the north end, then it can work, but not now, since they started selling season seat packages in that section for next year.

Don Julio
10-13-2010, 01:04 PM
MLSE are not concerned about non-renewal in the supporters areas. Those tickets will always be able to sell because they're so cheap. Yes, they are.

They're worried because the mid-field seats aren't getting renewed, where all the money is generated. They hope dropping the price of the package there will scare less people off.

Unfortunately, I don't think it will work for them - the real problem is lack of game day demand for mid- to high- price tickets, and all the people who have been hording extra seats are now having to let them go because they can't get their money back (or more) selling them as a favor to friends and family.

UltraSuperMegaMo
10-13-2010, 01:08 PM
? Has there actually been an announcement? I've looked on the TFC website and did a news search and don't see anything.

H Bomb
10-13-2010, 01:16 PM
? Has there actually been an announcement? I've looked on the TFC website and did a news search and don't see anything.

good call. Maybe they leaked the info as a way of judging reactions before making an official announcement. The "confused" email really hurt them, so maybe they just dont have a communications department at all anymore and there's no one to write the press release

bgnewf
10-13-2010, 01:34 PM
Too Little Too Late!

http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2010/10/too-late/

Reaction to the changes to the 2011 TFC Season Ticket packages and why it is a case of too little too late.

Your comments are always welcome and appreciated.

H Bomb
10-13-2010, 02:32 PM
you covered all the points Newf, and are right. It is too little, but I'm not sure it's too late. If they made the right changes tomorrow (and I mean big stuff, lowering overall price, opt in for CCL, free MLS cup final) then I would honestly thank them for recognizing their mistake and amending it. But these guys are the definition of lip service. They're sorry, Paul "tried" to keep prices down. Its all bogus.

Also I noticed the line "2 of the largest supporters groups are planning protests." I hope you boys on your side realize how much they're dropping the ball on this one.

bgnewf
10-13-2010, 02:36 PM
you covered all the points Newf, and are right. It is too little, but I'm not sure it's too late. If they made the right changes tomorrow (and I mean big stuff, lowering overall price, opt in for CCL, free MLS cup final) then I would honestly thank them for recognizing their mistake and amending it. But these guys are the definition of lip service. They're sorry, Paul "tried" to keep prices down. Its all bogus.

Also I noticed the line "2 of the largest supporters groups are planning protests." I hope you boys on your side realize how much they're dropping the ball on this one.

There is already a healthy debate going...