PDA

View Full Version : New York Playoff Tickets

DavydMT
10-09-2010, 10:43 AM
RED BULLS TO HOST SEMIFINAL PLAYOFF LEG AT RED BULL ARENA NOV. 4 AT 8:00 PM ET
TICKETS ON SALE NOW BY CALLING 1.877.RBSOCCER OR LOGGING ONTO WWW.NEWYORKREDBULLS.COM

Red Bull New York announced today that it will host its Eastern Conference Semifinal Series home leg at Red Bull Arena on Thursday, Nov. 4 at 8:00 PM ET against an opponent to be determined. The match will be nationally televised live on ESPN2, ESPN Deportes and ESPN3.

New York clinched at least the second seed in the Eastern Conference after defeating the Kansas City Wizards, 1-0, at Red Bull Arena on Saturday, Oct. 2. The Red Bulls are in the midst of one of the biggest one-season turnarounds in MLS history and are currently in first place in the Eastern Conference. In the home-and-home aggregate goal MLS Cup Semifinals format, New York’s opponent would host the Red Bulls the week of Oct. 25 before the teams play again on Nov. 4 at Red Bull Arena.

Playoff Schedule
Home Match 1 - Eastern Conference Semifinals: November 4 @ 8PM
New York Red Bulls vs. Playoff Opponent (TBD)
Home Match 2 - Eastern Conference Finals (potential home match): November 11 or 13 @ TBD ET
New York Red Bulls vs. Playoff Opponent

Visit the Playoff Ticket Center by clicking here!

Playoff Combo Pack:
The Playoff Combo Pack includes tickets to both home match days at a discounted price. This package will ensure the same seat location for each of the two match days. Prices for this pack start at $36.

Family Pack Tickets:
The Family Pack includes four discounted tickets to a Red Bulls match and a $20 concession/merchandise credit. This package starts at just $84/per package!

Individual Tickets (Conference Semifinals on 11/4 only):
Prices start at $22.

Group Tickets:
For groups of 15 or more, please contact New York Red Bulls Fan Services at 1-877-RBSOCCER.

ArmenJBX
10-09-2010, 10:48 AM
If we ever sing "Oh the Red Bulls are Shite" ever again, I will facepalm in the stadium, because, honestly, they are now the model organization within the league.

The more our dumbass FO upstairs follow the Red Bull model, the better we'll be.

guelphguy1965
10-09-2010, 11:11 AM
If TFC make the play off's I can guarantee you the prices will be triple of what Bulls are charging.

rocker
10-09-2010, 11:21 AM
If NYRB ever fill out their stadium regularly their prices will go up too.

menefreghista
10-09-2010, 11:24 AM
If TFC make the play off's I can guarantee you the prices will be triple of what Bulls are charging.

That's not true.

TFC set the 2010 playoff tickets starting at $23 for season ticket holders in the south end.

guelphguy1965
10-09-2010, 12:37 PM
I hope I am wrong but I guess time will tell.
cheers

dupont
10-09-2010, 04:48 PM
If NYRB ever fill out their stadium regularly their prices will go up too.

That is absolutely correct.

MFG1
10-09-2010, 04:48 PM
dont you know the canadian dollars are worth less than american dollars. its hard to run a business in canada. thats why we have to charge more. believe us if we could, we would charge less, please renew your tickets today and we will send you a free calender for your fridge

TFC07
10-09-2010, 05:04 PM
dont you know the canadian dollars are worth less than american dollars. its hard to run a business in canada. thats why we have to charge more. believe us if we could, we would charge less, please renew your tickets today and we will send you a free calender for your fridge

Umm actually it's pretty much even now. In the future (end of the year?), don't be surprise if Canadian dollar is worth more than US dollar.

MFG1
10-09-2010, 05:18 PM
^ yeah its sarcastic it's the same rhetoric i could see them saying when the last time the canadian dollar was above the american and places like Chapters were still charging you ten dollars more because you had to pay the Canadian price tag. Basically their excuse as to why they have to charge more for everything in canada.

Beach_Red
10-09-2010, 05:22 PM
Umm actually it's pretty much even now. In the future (end of the year?), don't be surprise if Canadian dollar is worth more than US dollar.

He had me at first, too, but it's sarcasm.

And, sure NYRB will raise ticket prices if they can but that's a very competitive sports market so it could be a long time before they get as high as TFC tickets. I can't imagine MLSE if they had to compete with two NFL teams, two MLB, two NBA, three NHL teams and all those NCAA teams. Would they really try and sell more tickets by bringing in expensive players?

TFC07
10-09-2010, 05:59 PM
^ yeah its sarcastic it's the same rhetoric i could see them saying when the last time the canadian dollar was above the american and places like Chapters were still charging you ten dollars more because you had to pay the Canadian price tag. Basically their excuse as to why they have to charge more for everything in canada.

My mistake....I didn't read last sentence of your post. :o

And, sure NYRB will raise ticket prices if they can but that's a very competitive sports market so it could be a long time before they get as high as TFC tickets. I can't imagine MLSE if they had to compete with two NFL teams, two MLB, two NBA, three NHL teams and all those NCAA teams. Would they really try and sell more tickets by bringing in expensive players?

How big is NCAA in New York? Anyway, I personally think soccer isn't that big of sport in NYC despite some people believe to be. I personally think soccer isn't rated highly in NYC compare to other sports like baseball and basketball unlike Toronto where soccer can easily be ranked 2nd or even number 1 sport in our city. People in NYC would only come to Redbull games if their team was filled with big name players. Henry alone isn't enough to get people coming to games in that city.

CretanBull
10-09-2010, 07:11 PM
^ Soccer is MASSIVE in NYC, they just don't care about a MLS team in New Jersey.

CretanBull
10-09-2010, 07:14 PM

For the New Jersey based fans, Red Bull are also competing with the Philly based teams too.

Shakes McQueen
10-09-2010, 09:00 PM
You mean to tell me that a team that never sells out a game, offers their tickets at a far lower price than our team, to try and encourage more sales?

This is front page news.

In all seriousness, I agree with efforts to push back against what MLSE is charging for tickets, but this argument is not a good one.

Tampa Bay Rays tickets cost less than Yankees tickets. Bills tickets cost less than Cowboys tickets. Wizards tickets cost less than Lakers tickets.

- Scott

CretanBull
10-09-2010, 11:04 PM
^ I don't disagree with your point at all, but in the case of the Yankees and Lakers (I don't watch the NFL so I can't comment on the Bills/Cowboys) you're getting value for money...winning teams loaded with stars. In many ways, you're getting what you pay for.

What's different here is that we're paying the price, but don't have the winning or talent that we should expect for the price that we're paying. In NY, where they are winning and do have the talent that would justify higher prices, they're actually lowering their ticket prices.

Our situation is comparable to the Leafs - highest ticket prices, not much winning, not much talent and the company is selling/marketting everything but the team, you're buying "atmosphere", "game day experience", "history", "tradition" etc.

Beach_Red
10-10-2010, 10:28 AM
^ In the case of the Leafs it's starting to look you're also paying for infrastructure. There's a decent article in The Star today about Brian Burke and the team he has assembled to run the Leafs. It's not a one man job after all.

Of course, that just makes the way they've mismanaged TFC even harder to stomach.

LesH
10-10-2010, 12:26 PM
For the New Jersey based fans, Red Bull are also competing with the Philly based teams too.

Not true.
I'm living in Northern New Jersey, which as area is about 30% of the state, and about 80% of New Jersey's population lives here, in the attraction radius of New York City.

Philly teams are of main interest only to South Jersey area, with a population of about 10% of the state, and partial interest to the Central Jersey area.

werewolf
10-10-2010, 12:36 PM
https://admin.courrielleur.com/editor_images/image_eb958554/Semi_Final/web_demifinale_carol%23B21F1E.jpg

Lower league, sure, but half the stadium capacity to make money off, and a free soccer ball.

prizby
10-10-2010, 12:37 PM

the dollar is going to be pretty static between 93 and 98 cents for the next 2-3 years or so

other than Rutgers (which isn't saying much)...???

weird cause the 6 largest cities in New Jersey are in counties that border New York State, far from Philly in comparison

CretanBull
10-10-2010, 12:40 PM
Not true.
I'm living in Northern New Jersey, which as area is about 30% of the state, and about 80% of New Jersey's population lives here, in the attraction radius of New York City.

Philly teams are of main interest only to South Jersey area, with a population of about 10% of the state, and partial interest to the Central Jersey area.

I know people who live in the North part of Jersey (Red Bank & Atlantic Highlands) who are Eagles & Phillies fans. They weren't really into soccer until Philly got a team, now they're right into it. There's resentment in Jersey for teams who call themselves "New York" but play in Jersey (Giants, Jets) and hate NY sports teams...the next closest thing (to any part of Jersey) is Philly.

nfitz
10-12-2010, 09:09 AM
If TFC make the play off's I can guarantee you the prices will be triple of what Bulls are charging.You'd be wrong then.

TFC already advertised what the play-off ticket prices would be. (http://www.goltv.ca/assets/1/AssetManager/2011%20Renewal%20Pricing%20and%20Seating%20Chart%2 0Final.pdf) Prices start at $23 for season ticket holders. That's only slightly higher than New York.

With all the current fuss about ticket prices, I don't see the need to start making up stories.

Given that much of the fuss about ticket prices isn't the increase (which is barely above inflation for most seats, and below inflation for some seats), but all the extra games being added to the package ... I'd assume that anyone concerned about ticket prices would be happy we didn't make the play-offs, as they wouldn't have to worry about paying for the extra game!