PDA

View Full Version : Today's News,Friday,Oct.08

denime
10-08-2010, 05:15 AM
Mornin'

Saric Traveling With Team (http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/10/saric-traveling-team)

Greener pastures (http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2010/10/07/dobson_mls/)

Academy Playoff Dates Set (http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/10/academy-playoff-dates-set)

Canada tackles highly touted Ukraine in friendly (http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/story/2010/10/07/sp-canada-ukraine.html)

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshinegirl/)

Menelaos
10-08-2010, 06:06 AM
Morning!

Fort York Redcoat
10-08-2010, 06:30 AM
C'mon you red n white!!!

ochos
10-08-2010, 06:43 AM
"If you include Gerba's 11 goals with the Montreal Impact, the four strikers have scored exactly 124 goals in the league for their clubs since leaving Toronto FC.

Here's the coincidence. Heading into this weekend's match at Chivas USA, Toronto FC have scored exactly 124 goals in their entire, four year history. Four players who once suited up for the team, have now scored the same number of goals for their new clubs as Toronto has scored since joining the league in 2007."

zamperina
10-08-2010, 07:10 AM
SSG should read BBW....

lips
10-08-2010, 07:13 AM
Mornin'

Mark in Ottawa
10-08-2010, 07:13 AM
Mornin and thanks as always D.
Have a save & Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

scooter
10-08-2010, 07:32 AM
mornin d

its still doubtfull if mista can travel with the team --- just leave him home and get rid of him asap

menefreghista
10-08-2010, 07:56 AM
its still doubtfull if mista can travel with the team --- just leave him home and get rid of him asap

It still amazes me that our DP attacker gets such little press for his absence. You have to go to a blog by the team announcer to get info on him. And even than its a throw away last line at the end of an article about another player returning to fitness.

I bet the TFC preview email won't even mention him. Although I can't wait to read that 9 points are up for grabs....

Suds
10-08-2010, 08:31 AM
C'mon you red n white!!!

Anyone find an online feed or channel to watch the Canada game on?

I searched and didn't see anything yet.

Roogsy
10-08-2010, 08:40 AM
"If you include Gerba's 11 goals with the Montreal Impact, the four strikers have scored exactly 124 goals in the league for their clubs since leaving Toronto FC.

Here's the coincidence. Heading into this weekend's match at Chivas USA, Toronto FC have scored exactly 124 goals in their entire, four year history. Four players who once suited up for the team, have now scored the same number of goals for their new clubs as Toronto has scored since joining the league in 2007."

:puke:

Joe Kool
10-08-2010, 08:42 AM
"But it really is incredible to think that four players deemed not good enough to play here are simply filling the net by the bushel full elsewhere"

As far as I remember it both Buddle and Casey had issues being in Canada and wanted badly to be in the US so they let them leave which is much different than saying they weren't good enough. Gerba and Cunningham were definitely not pulling their weight. Actually with Gerba he was literally not pulling his "weight".

Roogsy
10-08-2010, 08:50 AM
SSG should read BBW....

Nothing wrong with a curvy lady... she's better than 75% of the girls the Sun throws up there. <3

Roogsy
10-08-2010, 08:52 AM
"But it really is incredible to think that four players deemed not good enough to play here are simply filling the net by the bushel full elsewhere"

As far as I remember it both Buddle and Casey had issues being in Canada and wanted badly to be in the US so they let them leave which is much different than saying they weren't good enough. Gerba and Cunningham were definitely not pulling their weight. Actually with Gerba he was literally not pulling his "weight".

Casey did not like living up here but Buddle did not have any problems being here.

Gerba in my opinion was never given a chance. Like others, Preki shipped him out because he didn't like him. He never even tried to find a way to make him fit, like a good coach would.

Fort York Redcoat
10-08-2010, 08:58 AM
Anyone find an online feed or channel to watch the Canada game on?

I searched and didn't see anything yet.

http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?p=1146629#post1146629

Closer to gametime there will be plenty of options. Unfortunetley we may need them...

Ossington Mental Youth
10-08-2010, 09:22 AM
Buddle was also shit for his time here, granted he did not have the service he could have used. I for one am still not sad to see these guys go. I dont think they would ahve gone on to score like they have else where. I do agree Gerba wasnt given a chance but i have a sneaking suspicion it wouldnt have mattered.

johnmolinaro
10-08-2010, 09:24 AM
Earl Cochrane on CBC Sports Soccer Plus+ today at 4PM ET.

Watch the show and join the live chat here:
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/story/2010/10/06/sp-soccer-plus.html

Submit questions in advance to Soccer@cbc.ca

John Molinaro
http://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro

__wowza
10-08-2010, 09:24 AM
ugh. reading the canada/ukraine article hurts.
the CSA really needs to start putting pressure on MLS to help improve canadian soccer (yeah, i know, it's an american league), and the MLS needs to shape the fuck up and comply with FIFA dates.

jloome
10-08-2010, 10:02 AM
Gerba won't succeed, ever, at MLS level. His workrate is insufficient, period. At League One level he got 10 in 15 at Milton Keynes but a number of fans there said he was the laziest striker they'd ever had. Same thing happened in Montreal until Saputo called him out.

Let him flourish at Div. 2 level. He won't ever do it in MLS.

Buddle was coming off addictions treatment for alcoholism that had nearly wrecked his game, which is why he'd declined already by that point from his first couple of seasons.

Casey told Mo before he was picked that he didn't want to be here. In fact, if I recall he specifically wanted to play in Colorado due to family. We had his rights, but given his German experience, he was a coveted player and had leeway to make some demands of the league.

Cunningham only plays well when his ego is stroked constantly. He won the scoring race one year in Columbus, then the next year scored 2 in 20 games.

The only guy out of this list we should regret losing is Edson Buddle.

Technorgasm
10-08-2010, 10:07 AM
Gerba and JDG adn Dero are good friedns. getting rid of him was a HUGE mistake, I said it then I say it now. .
like up there with allowing Casey to split.. ..

Technorgasm
10-08-2010, 10:08 AM
SSG - bout time that had a proper full figured fucking woma. . enough of these vapid twigs that cant take a good shagging. . .

Oldtimer
10-08-2010, 10:33 AM
People forget that Buddle set up the first ever goal.

scooterTFC
10-08-2010, 10:40 AM
It still amazes me that our DP attacker gets such little press for his absence. You have to go to a blog by the team announcer to get info on him. And even than its a throw away last line at the end of an article about another player returning to fitness.

I bet the TFC preview email won't even mention him. Although I can't wait to read that 9 points are up for grabs....

Can we assume he was the target of the Dasovic's 'fight or leave' challenge'?

Keystone FC
10-08-2010, 10:53 AM

eWhPEfoHPGg

Carts
10-08-2010, 11:17 AM
People forget that Buddle set up the first ever goal.

I didn't forget, I choose not to remember...!!!

Carts... :D

DavydMT
10-08-2010, 12:05 PM
Nothing wrong with a curvy lady... she's better than 75% of the girls the Sun throws up there. <3

:drum:<3:drum:

ochos
10-08-2010, 12:49 PM
Gerba won't succeed, ever, at MLS level. His workrate is insufficient, period. At League One level he got 10 in 15 at Milton Keynes but a number of fans there said he was the laziest striker they'd ever had. Same thing happened in Montreal until Saputo called him out.

Buddle was coming off addictions treatment for alcoholism that had nearly wrecked his game, which is why he'd declined already by that point from his first couple of seasons.

Casey told Mo before he was picked that he didn't want to be here. In fact, if I recall he specifically wanted to play in Colorado due to family. We had his rights, but given his German experience, he was a coveted player and had leeway to make some demands of the league.

Cunningham only plays well when his ego is stroked constantly. He won the scoring race one year in Columbus, then the next year scored 2 in 20 games.

The only guy out of this list we should regret losing is Edson Buddle.

Bang on. Still doesn't help though when looking at Dobson's statistics :(

Roogsy
10-08-2010, 04:17 PM
I am really diggin' this sunshine girl...

Redcoe15
10-08-2010, 05:47 PM

Where's the blow-your-brains-out smiley when you need it? :facepalm:

DichioTFC
10-08-2010, 05:54 PM

I've seen a few Impact games this season and Gerba plays like a man inspired. He'll never have Barrett-like workrate, but he seemed fired up in the games I saw.

johnmolinaro
10-08-2010, 06:03 PM
Cochrane on Soccer Plus

on-demand file
http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Sports/MLS_Soccer_on_CBC/CBC_Sports_Soccer_Plus/ID=1610723676