PDA

View Full Version : Cochrane quotes

DangerRed
10-06-2010, 01:33 PM
Lots of news coming out from Earl Cochrane's Q&A on TFC's web site. Here are some of his answers:

[Comment From MoeMoe: ]
Hello, just a simple question since your start on the job how have things been looking? Any progress on moving forward such as candidates for the jobs etc.? How are we dealing with the dissatisfaction of the fans?
Wednesday October 6, 2010 2:01 Moe
2:05
http://www.coveritlive.com/templates/coveritlive/images/spacer.gifEarl Cochrane:
Hello Moe - things have been hectic as we prepare for the off-season and 2011. My bosses are searching and deciding what our technical staff/structure will look like for 2011 and beyond but I am pressing forward...to the dissatified fans, I will say that in 2011 we will be a very different looking team - young, organized, committed and quick - entertaining to watch

Earl Cochrane:
We certainly have a plan for the future RobertD - and one of the keys to that plan is to manage the DP roster spot properly. When used to compliment the squad around them they can be very impactful
Wednesday October 6, 2010 2:07 Earl Cochrane
2:08

http://www.coveritlive.com/templates/coveritlive/images/spacer.gif[Comment From Bill P.Bill P.: ]
I mean no disrespect, but as a SSH since season 1, I am struggling with the decision to renew or not. Why should I? Wednesday October 6, 2010 2:21 Bill P.
2:27
http://www.coveritlive.com/templates/coveritlive/images/spacer.gifEarl Cochrane:
Both good questions. I know Paul Beirne is planning to do something similar very soon so I will leave the %increase to him - that's his realm. What I will say is that we will have a better product on the field next season - we will do our homework on players we acquire (whether it is via the draft, free agents, etc) to make sure that they fit our vision and philosophy for what will bring a culture of winning here. Players will be technically sound, intelligent, professional, and quick - in short we know the commitment and sacrifice you make financially - and we will spend that money wisely

http://www.coveritlive.com/templates/coveritlive/images/spacer.gif

DangerRed
10-06-2010, 01:33 PM
[Comment From GuestGuest: ]
Very different looking? Are we keeping the core of players? It has been my thought that we really just need wingers, and commitment to defence and this team will be fine
Wednesday October 6, 2010 2:17 Guest
2:20
yes. there is a good core of players here to build from and they will remain - but we will need to make a number of changes to get better and provide quality depth - and yes, as you pointed out, one of those areas is to improve our wide play...

DangerRed
10-06-2010, 01:34 PM
Earl Cochrane:
ryan - yes. We had a lengthy discussion about this this morning. We'd like to expand our scouting reach - especially in Latin America and are building our plans now...
Allando is still on our radar and we will monitor how he develops - he's still apart of the academy and can be signed by us without entering the draft - even if he does a 4-year degree
114 Ultra - We have contacts all over the world but not as extensive a 'scouting' network as we would like...its coming.

DangerRed
10-06-2010, 01:38 PM
[Comment From AJ Greenfield AJ Greenfield: ]
Our goaltending situation looks secure for the future with a top notch starter, a very solid back-up and an up and coming youngster out on loan to gain experience. Is the club happy with how the "loan" scenario has worked out and would the club be open to future loans to CSL clubs in the future? Earl Cochrane:
Thanks AJ - yes, we are. As you know young goalkeepers need to be playing games. They need game situations to develop decision making, etc and that is why Milos was loaned to SWE. We have had a good relationship with the CSL and yes, that type of thing may happen again...

DangerRed
10-06-2010, 01:45 PM
[Comment From MM MM: ]
Why were the MLS Cup and CONCACAF games included in the ticket package? I would have preferred to have a choiceo n those games and I think it was a typical MLSE money grab move to do that, especially given the disappointing results this year.

Earl Cochrane:
MM - when we placed our bid for MLS Cup we had envisioned making the playoffs - and as you know and as Salt Lake City proved last year - making the playoffs sets you up for a Cup run if you get things right...as for the inclusion or exclusion of games in your season seat package, I will have to defer to Paul on that - as I mentioned, he will be doing a chat like this very soon...
Wednesday October 6, 2010 2:45 Earl Cochrane

Wull
10-06-2010, 01:51 PM
let's see if my question about dressing room splits makes it through the vetting

fair play, they did

DangerRed
10-06-2010, 01:51 PM
[Comment From Guest Guest: ]
There have been rumours that Adrian Cann, Stefan Frei and Nana Attakora have refused offers to renew/extend their contracts, even with significant raises. What are you doing to keep these guys with TFC? [Comment From Moe Moe: ]
Regarding players who have their contracts ending this season... when is the exact date that their contract expires? From what I know a few players who are an important part of this team's future have their contracts ending this season and I believe the main goal should be renewing those specific players and ensuring their satisfaction. (example - Attakora, Cann, Kocic etc.). Also unsure if this is a question that you possibly able to answer but who else is out of contract at the end of this season? Thank you!

Earl Cochrane:
TFC+11 - dont want to discuss what we will be doing with players while the season is still on. we are assessing all players now - and will make a decision when the time comes that is best for TFC moving forward.

Re: Cann, Frei, Attakora rumours I can say that that is absolutely false.

Players contracts with the league last the calendar year - if there are options to be picked up, players to be waived, etc those decisions will be made in early Dec

DangerRed
10-06-2010, 01:56 PM
UPDATE: TFC website appears to have crashed. I will post more if it goes back up, but if it's working for you, please keep the responses coming.

Jeffro
10-06-2010, 01:57 PM
try going to it through the mls website, that's how I got in....

DangerRed
10-06-2010, 01:59 PM
^no dice for me so far.

DichioTFC
Players contracts with the league last the calendar year - if there are options to be picked up, players to be waived, etc those decisions will be made in early Dec

So D$Ro has to wait two more months for his raise?

Dave67
Asif Hossain:
On coach turnovers ...

Earl Cochrane:
to both - one of the things we require is stability. That is on the field and in our technical staff. And that will be reflected in our staff next season...

The atmosphere around the squad has been very positive since Nick took over...

Wull
10-06-2010, 02:00 PM
try going to it through the mls website, that's how I got in....

yours got lumped in with mine under "unity"

DangerRed
10-06-2010, 02:01 PM
That sounds like Nick has the job next season, so you can forget about any sort of German superstar coach.

Also, stability "on the field?" What the eff is he talking about? Where have we been stable, precisely?

Dave67
10-06-2010, 02:02 PM
There will be blood :)

Asif Hossain:
We are out of time, unfortunately but please reload your questions - particularly ticket related ones - for Paul Beirne when he joins us next time. Finally, one more from an eternal optimist ...

Jeffro
10-06-2010, 02:03 PM
yours got lumped in with mine under "unity"

LOL, wtf?

Jeffro
10-06-2010, 02:06 PM
That sounds like Nick has the job next season, so you can forget about any sort of German superstar coach.

Also, stability "on the field?" What the eff is he talking about? Where have we been stable, precisely?

He said we need stability...

Wull
10-06-2010, 02:06 PM
[Comment From WillWill: ]
Persistent rumours abound of splits within the dressing room, what are the club going to do about this and will they have the guts to expel big names if they are found to be the root cause?
Wednesday October 6, 2010 2:55 Will
2:55

[Comment From Jeffro118Jeffro118: ]
You mentioned a "vision" and "philosophy", this is a key point for me, the team needs an identity. Part of the TFC philosophy from the beginning was to play attractive and entertaining soccer, The hiring of Preki and his antifootball tactics was an extreme detour from entertaining football and made me wonder about the direction of the team going forward. Are you saying Toronto FC is going to rededicate it's self to employing an attractive brand of football? Will this affect decisions on coaching staff? Or will a new coach be allowed to bring his own philosophy?
Wednesday October 6, 2010 2:55 Jeffro118
3:00

Earl Cochrane:
regarding riffs, splits, etc...whether there is any truth to rumours you have heard I dont know...what I can say is that we are looking forward...and will bring in players to Toronto FC that buy in to what we are building - and buy in to the 'team first' mentality that will be required to win.

Jeffro118 - yes - the style of play and philosophy will change and we will look to attack with speed and purpose...and I hope that results in an entertaining product.
Wednesday October 6, 2010 3:00 Earl Cochrane

Suds
10-06-2010, 02:10 PM
Thanks for posting Danger. I was not able to make the Q&A session

DangerRed
10-06-2010, 02:12 PM
No sweat Suds.

Ben - D.O.W.
10-06-2010, 02:20 PM
Thanks to everyone who posted (esp. Danger) - stuck at work and the computers here never deal well with these chats.

J .
10-06-2010, 02:52 PM
I like entertaining football, the kind where we losing 3-2 all the time good stuff. Four more years please.

menefreghista
10-06-2010, 02:55 PM
I'm guessing Paul Beirne will be answering questions after Oct. 15.

UltraSuperMegaMo
10-06-2010, 03:00 PM
Thanks for the posts. I like the number of times that Cochrane used the term "quick" in describing the team's play, let's hope that comes to pass.

DangerRed
10-06-2010, 03:01 PM
I'm guessing Paul Beirne will be answering questions after Oct. 15.

I'm guessing you're right.

Jeffro
10-06-2010, 03:03 PM
I like entertaining football, the kind where we losing 3-2 all the time good stuff. Four more years please.

Better than playing defense for 88 minutes and losing one-nil at the death, lol.

MFG1
10-06-2010, 04:51 PM
Does this just purely sound like rhetoric? I have never longed for Michelle Lissel to say something after reading that.

jloome
10-06-2010, 05:00 PM
Does this just purely sound like rhetoric? I have never longed for Michelle Lissel to say something after reading that.

Complete crap. He's setting himself up for the job, he's setting the established coaches up for a soft landing back in the job and the only thing I see out of this is that they need to go completely outside their core of staff, which MLSE corporate types obviously over-depend on.

Ensco was right in another thread: there's a real danger here MLSE will take the corporate route and appoint this guy because he's a smooth communicator, and it would be perhaps a fatal mistake.

reggie
10-06-2010, 05:07 PM
if they hire within....daso or earl,im done.
they will never see another penny of mine..

MFG1
10-06-2010, 05:11 PM
^^^^too bad you wont find out til october 16th, that day after season ticket renewals are due. this is pure bushleague

Beach_Red
10-06-2010, 05:49 PM
^^^^too bad you wont find out til october 16th, that day after season ticket renewals are due. this is pure bushleague

Do you think season tickets will sell out? Do you think it will be hard to get tickets for games next year?

It's a fairly safe bet you can wait and if they hire someone you really think will turn the team around buy your tickets then.

reggie
10-06-2010, 05:52 PM
they got me this season...but if they go on the cheap...im done.

v00d00daddy
10-06-2010, 05:58 PM
they got me this season...but if they go on the cheap...im done.

same here.

one more renewal to see if they hire competent people

if TFC is lead by any combination of Daso, Brennan, or Cochrane I will be gonzo.

rocker
10-06-2010, 07:34 PM
it's about winning games. if they have Daso and Cochrane leading the way and they win games, fine. If they sign a homeless man to coach (Beckerman?!?) and win games, fine.
I think it's a huge risk doing that, of course. I think the risk is much less by signing proven leadership.

Oldtimer
10-06-2010, 08:11 PM
it's about winning games with flair. if they have Daso and Cochrane leading the way and they win games with flair, fine. If they sign a homeless man to coach (Beckerman?!?) and win games with flair, fine.
I think it's a huge risk doing that, of course. I think the risk is much less by signing proven leadership.

FYP. I want to be entertained.

rocker
10-06-2010, 08:31 PM

winning entertains.

ag futbol
10-06-2010, 09:46 PM
But the point they are getting at is really that Daso and Cocharine really have zero experience compared to the guys we could get in the market.

Their best accomplishments are running an academy team (with average results by MLS standards) and managing a U-23 Canada side. Not terrible, but really to go through all the shit we just did then take a shot on these guys is uncalled for.

Shakes McQueen
10-06-2010, 10:14 PM

I'm with Rocker - winning entertains.

The New Jersey Devils play a boring-ass style of hockey, but if it got the Leafs the same results, I would want them to play the same style in a second.

Playing a defensive style of football is fine with me, as long as you do it well, don't look like shit, and get results.

- Scott

Oldtimer
10-07-2010, 08:03 AM
winning entertains.

I want both. Like Brazil's MNT. Like Barcelona.

menefreghista
10-07-2010, 08:12 AM
The one thing I did find interesting from Cochranes comments is the acknowledgment that they fucked up the DP signings.

Most of the other crap he talked about was just spouting off .platitudes or deflecting.

Shakes McQueen
10-07-2010, 08:17 AM
I want both. Like Brazil's MNT. Like Barcelona.

Major League Soccer is not the Brazilian MNT or Barcelona. We aren't going to be able to play that kind of style, even if we had a couple of exceptional DP's.

And I'm also sure you know that, so I'm confused by the decision to mention them in any way, when it comes to what you want from TFC.

I'm fine with playing a defensive, more Italian style of game, as long as it gets us results. I'm fine with any style, as long as it gets results.

It's all about adopting a style that suits the kind of players we have, and then letting a team style and character emerge from there. We haven't had any of that so far, because management and the roster have both been revolving doors since year one.

Our problem with what has been oft-termed "Prekiball", is that we simply didn't have the personnel to produce goals while stille playing a defensively conscious game - particularly once Barrett was out of the lineup. We had to turn to guys like OBW. And so began the string of 0-0 draws, and 1-0 losses.

- Scott

Shakes McQueen
10-07-2010, 08:18 AM
The one thing I did find interesting from Cochranes comments is the acknowledgment that they fucked up the DP signings.

Most of the other crap he talked about was just spouting off .platitudes or deflecting.

I was going to mention this too. The one big piece of information I gleaned from this chat, is the acknowledgement that the DP signings have been an abject failure.

That pretty much assures that Mista is gone, and it makes me wonder about JDG's future too.

I think calling the rest platitudes is a bit harsh. The problem Cochrane faces, is that management no longer has any capital to spend with the fans. He outlined what he wants the "better TFC" to be, but it all just sounds like empty rhetoric at this point, until results are obtained. He's trying to look to the future of the team, which is fair - this mess isn't his making. It isn't his job to take responsibility for the mistakes of Mo and Preki.

He's also right to say that questions about things like tickets are not his domain. The chat with Paul B should be interesting.

- Scott

menefreghista
10-07-2010, 08:21 AM
I was going to mention this too. The one big piece of information I gleaned from this chat, is the acknowledgement that the DP signings have been an abject failure.

That pretty much assures that Mista is gone, and it makes me wonder about JDG's future too.

- Scott

I thought Mista was done before these comments. Cochrane just confirmed it for me now.

They will probably try to move De Guzman simply due to the value of the money spent.

I just can't imagine it happening unless we plan on taking a cap hit. Which would than make it pointless.

BakaGaijin
10-07-2010, 09:20 AM
I thought Mista was done before these comments. Cochrane just confirmed it for me now.

They will probably try to move De Guzman simply due to the value of the money spent.

I just can't imagine it happening unless we plan on taking a cap hit. Which would than make it pointless.

If they transfer JDG to team outside MLS and agree to pay part of his salary (from MLSE's own pocket) I don't think it would affect the cap at all.

This is probably the best case scenerio.

sulfur
10-07-2010, 09:58 AM
Major League Soccer is not the Brazilian MNT or Barcelona. We aren't going to be able to play that kind of style, even if we had a couple of exceptional DP's.
Real Salt Lake, Seattle, and NY Energy Drink have all played in a much flashier style than most of the teams in the league, with nice passing, movement off the ball, and occasional goal scoring.

Two of those three have done very well in terms of the league, and the other just won the US Open Cup with that style of play.

Shakes McQueen
10-07-2010, 10:03 AM
Real Salt Lake, Seattle, and NY Energy Drink have all played in a much flashier style than most of the teams in the league, with nice passing, movement off the ball, and occasional goal scoring.

Two of those three have done very well in terms of the league, and the other just won the US Open Cup with that style of play.

But again, "much flashier" still isn't anything akin to what Brazil or Barcelona play.

"Nice passing" and "movement off the ball" should be expectations in any style of play, if you have competent players. This isn't so much a testament to how those teams play, as it is an indictment of how amorphous and inconsistent TFC's style of play has generally been over the last four years.

- Scott

Oldtimer
10-07-2010, 10:05 AM

Obviously not anywhere near that level.

Maybe I should have said:

LA Galaxy this year (very entertaining style of play)
DC United before 2009 (very possession-oriented, but with some flair as well)

I refuse to believe that Preki's anti-football is the only way to win in this league. I want to see individual heroics.

jloome
10-07-2010, 05:50 PM
If they transfer JDG to team outside MLS and agree to pay part of his salary (from MLSE's own pocket) I don't think it would affect the cap at all.

This is probably the best case scenerio.

They could probably nab back most of his salary for this year in a transfer to a Coca Cola Championship or Bundesliga side.

DangerRed
10-08-2010, 12:19 AM
For me the most troubling thing he said was that they want to spend more time scouting in Latin America. This league is most similar to the English tiers (notice I didn't say EPL, because it isn't) and we should be scouting there.

We should be looking at tough, agile, in-shape dudes from the second or third division who wouldn't cost an arm and a leg and would get the opportunity to be a big fish in a much smaller pond by coming over to play for us.

Scouting in Latin America just shows how disconnected we are with the style of play around us. Remember Vitti? Dogshit for us, but now he's one of the top scorers in his league precisely because his style belongs there.

This is a tough, relatively unskilled physical league that rewards stamina and muscle over technical ability and finesse. The sooner we realize this, the better.

Oldtimer
10-08-2010, 05:45 AM
For me the most troubling thing he said was that they want to spend more time scouting in Latin America. This league is most similar to the English tiers (notice I didn't say EPL, because it isn't) and we should be scouting there.
.People gave Mo flack for the first few years for brining in English players... now that's what you want? English players are overpaid.

DangerRed
10-08-2010, 09:13 AM
People gave Mo flack for the first few years for brining in English players... now that's what you want? English players are overpaid.

On salaries, that's quite an ill-informed blanket statement so I'm not going to bother arguing it with you, especially since I was talking about the second and third division.

And I never once gave Mo glack for bringing in English players. What I, and everyone else here EVER have given Mo flack for is for bringing in the wrong players for the club, whether from England or from Latin America.

Roogsy
10-08-2010, 09:22 AM
Scouting in Latin America just shows how disconnected we are with the style of play around us. Remember Vitti? Dogshit for us, but now he's one of the top scorers in his league precisely because his style belongs there.

This is a tough, relatively unskilled physical league that rewards stamina and muscle over technical ability and finesse. The sooner we realize this, the better.

So Latin America does not have players with stamina and muscle? :noidea:

If bringing in Usanov and Hscanovics proved anything it's that you need more than the physique to play in this league. You need a combination of both physical ability and some technical skill. Nobody is asking TFC to go out and get Messi or another JDG who can't handle the physical nature of MLS. But there are plenty of players in Concacaf and Connmebol who have the physical presence to manage in this league and to insinuate otherwise is to show a significant ignorance of these conferences, especially since the "physical" leagues like the EPL draw from these very places with plenty of success.

Beach_Red
10-08-2010, 09:29 AM
So Latin America does not have players with stamina and muscle? :noidea:

I've never understood these geographic concerns (this isn't directed at you, Roogsy).

There is no reason why this team can't be scouting the whole world. People keep telling me the owners aren't cheap and that they always invest in the team.

Imagine if the Leafs and Raptors relied on Canadian junior and NCAA coaches and didn't have scouts everywhere in the world their sports are played?

It's not like this organization doesn't know what it should be doing.

Roogsy
10-08-2010, 09:32 AM
I've never understood these geographic concerns (this isn't directed at you, Roogsy).

There is no reason why this team can't be scouting the whole world. People keep telling me the owners aren't cheap and that they always invest in the team.

Imagine if the Leafs and Raptors relied on Canadian junior and NCAA coaches and didn't have scouts everywhere in the world their sports are played?

It's not like this organization doesn't know what it should be doing.

QFT.

I don't care if we find a great player in Mongolia...just find them. They're out there. Get them in!

flambe
10-08-2010, 09:34 AM
If bringing in Usanov and Hscanovics proved anything it's that you need more than the physique to play in this league. You need a combination of both physical ability and some technical skill.

So we need Rooney or Ibra then.

MLSE, off you go.......:p

H Bomb
10-08-2010, 10:03 AM
# of English players that have played for TFC? 3

Dichio, legend, not overpaid.

Rohan Ricketts, had some really good times with us, wasn't treated well, bit of a head case, a little over paid.

Welsh, a failed player, overpaid at any price.

So there you have it people, years of bitching about the English on these boards. You have 3 players. So instead of being the ignorant fools you sound like, why not just keep your mouths shut when it comes to any nationality. Mojo wasn't English, stop with the pointless moronic hate.

Or maybe I'll just take on a random hate of South Koreans around here. Fucking South Koreans, they're all shit at football, rabble rabble rabble.

jloome
10-08-2010, 10:06 AM

We should be looking at tough, agile, in-shape dudes from the second or third division who wouldn't cost an arm and a leg and would get the opportunity to be a big fish in a much smaller pond by coming over to play for us.

Except this is predicated on the assumption that every player in S. America plays like a Brazilian or is a diminutive argentinian.

I'd say Fredy Montero, Jhon Kennedy Hurtado would both disagree. Colombia has a pretty tough league. So does Uruguay. Peru has produced some great tough players.

It's just not a very accurate stereotype, dude.

Wooster_TFC
10-08-2010, 11:56 AM
# of English players that have played for TFC? 3

Dichio, legend, not overpaid.

Rohan Ricketts, had some really good times with us, wasn't treated well, bit of a head case, a little over paid.

Welsh, a failed player, overpaid at any price.

So there you have it people, years of bitching about the English on these boards. You have 3 players. So instead of being the ignorant fools you sound like, why not just keep your mouths shut when it comes to any nationality. Mojo wasn't English, stop with the pointless moronic hate.

Or maybe I'll just take on a random hate of South Koreans around here. Fucking South Koreans, they're all shit at football, rabble rabble rabble.

They meant people coming from the English leagues, not specifically English people. The number is fairly high actually.

Brennan
Robinson
Dichio
Welsh
Ricketts
Robert
Tebily
Samuel

Maybe I missed some. But for the number of players brought in from outside MLS, in the pre-Preki era it was probably close to 90% brought in from the British leagues.

H Bomb
10-08-2010, 12:08 PM
ohhhh so like people who speak the language or something....terrible idea. Too many stupid people here.

DangerRed
10-08-2010, 12:09 PM
Except this is predicated on the assumption that every player in S. America plays like a Brazilian or is a diminutive argentinian.

I'd say Fredy Montero, Jhon Kennedy Hurtado would both disagree. Colombia has a pretty tough league. So does Uruguay. Peru has produced some great tough players.

That's hilarious. So it's ok to stereotype English players as overpaid garbage, but not Latin American ones as less physical and more technical? Ridiculous.

I love watching the Argentinian league for the skill of touch and ball control, and believe me, I'd love to watch it at BMO too. The thing is, that style of play falters when you're faced with a cornfed knee-hacker from some American university on the other team.

I agree with what Roogsy said in the sense that I don't give a shit where they come from. All I was saying is that it seems these dudes are viewing Latin America as some mecca that will save TFC where there has been a considerable number of proven success stories from England.

Roogsy
10-08-2010, 01:22 PM
I don't like players from Britain. They eat beans on toast. Yuck. :puke:

Beach_Red
10-08-2010, 01:46 PM

Hey, you may have discovered the cause of the dressing room split - it's all about locker location.

VPjr
10-08-2010, 02:24 PM

This is the craziest post I've read in a long time.....:picard:

H Bomb
10-08-2010, 02:40 PM

No way VP

THIS is the craziest post I've read in ages.

It's beans, and toast. How could it possibly be bad!!?!?!?

Roogsy
10-08-2010, 02:45 PM
All that time in London and I never got used to it. People thought I was weird. I tried. I really tried. The Latino in me just couldn't love something so bland. :D

H Bomb
10-08-2010, 02:54 PM
BLAND HE SAYS!?!? madness. Latins are suppose to love all things bean man. I been down there, everything is bean based. Maybe not the same kinds of bean but....I bet you dont like Beef Dripping either

Roogsy
10-08-2010, 02:57 PM
:lol:

I'm getting hungry.

DangerRed
10-08-2010, 03:20 PM
This is the craziest post I've read in a long time.....:picard:

:picard::picard:

anto7
10-08-2010, 03:20 PM
All that time in London and I never got used to it. People thought I was weird. I tried. I really tried. The Latino in me just couldn't love something so bland. :D
Gotta cover the beans in HP sauce man !

ag futbol
10-08-2010, 05:16 PM
I hate to bust balls here (and yes you can draw players from anywhere) but there are obvious reasons why the majority of the internationals in this league are from one area of the world.

You go to England, you have to wade your way through the most expensive players in the world. No first, second, third, fourth division pays more. On top of that, there are heavy work restrictions which makes it damn hard for Bumblescum United to sign players from outside of the EU even if the pay packet completely blows away what they'd get elsewhere. So you as an MLS team have to deal with that when you go to extract talent out of there.

Now obviously if something looks appealing I wouldn't say no, but if i was turning over rocks it's not the place i'd start looking.

Macksam
10-09-2010, 12:01 AM

Not too mention Brazilians and Argentines argubly have more upper body strength than English players. This is definately evident in the friendly between Brazil and England at Wembly.

TFC07
10-09-2010, 06:22 PM
When is TFC going to sign or even scout players from Asia? I am sure there are one or two players out there TFC can sign for cheap. It's a big world out there, don't limit your player pool on one or two continents.

Azerban
10-09-2010, 09:22 PM

if you don't like beans on toast throw yourself in a river

this is to anyone