PDA

View Full Version : Who has been your favorite manager so far?

craigtfc
10-05-2010, 02:55 PM
Who is your favorite past Toronto FC head coach.

mastermixer
10-05-2010, 02:57 PM
None of the above.

Suds
10-05-2010, 03:00 PM
your title asks 'best' and your post asks 'favourite' ... these can be two completely different answers

H Bomb
10-05-2010, 03:01 PM
also should be past...not passed

craigtfc
10-05-2010, 03:02 PM
sorry my bad i just woke up i dont know how to change it. its suppose to be favorite and past. can a MOD change that for me.

Super
10-05-2010, 03:11 PM
Nick Dasovic - because I've had to endure him the least.

Oldtimer
10-05-2010, 03:13 PM
I added a "none of the above" option, as requested.

ArmenJBX
10-05-2010, 03:27 PM
Preki.

He should have been given more time, and built his own squad.

Right now, if we were looking at Preki, with no Mo Johnston, we'd be way better off. I blame Preki's failure at Toronto FC to be Mo Johnston's.

TFC07
10-05-2010, 03:33 PM
I added a "none of the above" option, as requested.

Too late, I voted already. :o

I generally don't like any of coaches we had so far.

Wull
10-05-2010, 03:34 PM
Preki.

Right now, if we were looking at Preki, with no Mo Johnston, we'd be way better off. I blame Preki's failure at Toronto FC to be Mo Johnston's.

after watching that shit for 3/4 of a season and telling Robbo he couldn't make it into the squad?! JFC! :picard: (no offense, it's a valid opinion but just not one I can comprehend at this point)

Wull
10-05-2010, 03:35 PM
I voted for Cummins based on results and the fact he got them when mojo was stirring shit in the dressing room (when it actually asked who was the best)

DichioTFC
10-05-2010, 03:38 PM
i voted now that it says favourite.

I answered none of the above.

ArmenJBX
10-05-2010, 04:59 PM
No offense to Robbo, who is a class act and probably an amazing guy in real life, but he does have no place on the squad...neither do his replacements really. :D

flatpicker
10-05-2010, 06:17 PM
I don't have the energy to spend making decisions like this.
None of them did the job necessary... I chose to not choose.

FluSH
10-05-2010, 07:07 PM
Voted John Carver

RedsYNWA
10-05-2010, 07:29 PM
I think the poll should read..... who should face the execution line first

rocker
10-05-2010, 07:54 PM
after watching that shit for 3/4 of a season and telling Robbo he couldn't make it into the squad?! JFC! :picard: (no offense, it's a valid opinion but just not one I can comprehend at this point)

Jason Kreis disagrees with you.

TFCtoMUFC
10-05-2010, 08:02 PM
Mo Johnston. First season = best season.

mclaren
10-05-2010, 08:04 PM
Preki - had the best footballing brain by a country mile and wasn''t given ANYWHERE NEAR enough time to put his plans into place. Nobody seems to mention that but were willing to give Mo "I've never been successful at management ever" Johnston years and years and years to put his "5 year plan" into place.

ArmenJBX
10-05-2010, 08:17 PM
I think the problem with Preki was that, in order to fix Toronto FC, he needed to change it completely, and do things his way.

A lot of fans and supporters alike saw this as too much change and gave him a bad wrap. I think if he was given a couple of seasons, Toronto FC could have played some pretty effective soccer under him. However, it would be with 22 Preki players, which means no De Rosario and the like.

That being said, we look to the future and, if we find a coach who can win in this league, it will ultimately mean that Toronto FC will need to rebuild again. We are only delaying the inevitable.

AL-MO
10-05-2010, 09:55 PM
Mo.

LOL

s2cazz
10-05-2010, 09:59 PM
Mo.

LOL

Looks like I'm not the only one who loved Carver champ!....
:cool:

AL-MO
10-05-2010, 10:02 PM
Looks like I'm not the only one who loved Carver champ!....
:cool:

If it means anything I'd probably pick Carver too as my favorite manager amongst this dog's breakfast.

:flare:

Brooker
10-05-2010, 11:38 PM
JOHNNY CARVER'S! All Red Army!

I miss singing that. :o

torontocelt
10-06-2010, 06:14 AM
It's kind of like having all of your limbs cut off and then some sicko asking what was your favorite limb that you had amputated? None of it would have been enjoyable although perhaps some less than others.

Cashcleaner
10-06-2010, 06:44 AM
Voted for John Carver. Not much to say other than out of all of our coaches, he was the one who seemed the most passionate about winning.

ACSertL
10-06-2010, 08:34 AM
Voted for John Carver. Not much to say other than out of all of our coaches, he was the one who seemed the most passionate about winning.

He also shares the same hatred for seagulls as I do.

Roogsy
10-06-2010, 08:38 AM
I don't have the energy to spend making decisions like this.
None of them did the job necessary... I chose to not choose.

I'm gonna call you Seinfeld from now on...

http://i.cdn.turner.com/v5cache/TBS/Images/Dynamic/i23/seinfeld_episode096_337x233_040420061511.jpg

Stouffville_RPB
10-06-2010, 09:38 AM
In Carver I Trust

Carts
10-06-2010, 09:39 AM
John Carver for me...

His passion = 100%

His post-game rants = 100% Entertainment

His buddies at the tailgate = 100% awesome guys to drink with...

He called out Jeff Cunnigham for missing a sitter to give Montreal a win = THANK YOU!

His results = ok I'll quit while ahead ;)

Carts...

Stouffville_RPB
10-06-2010, 09:43 AM
I think the problem with Preki was that, in order to fix Toronto FC, he needed to change it completely, and do things his way.

Preki has never adapted his ways. His inability to do so what his own undoing. The squad he got was good enough to get to 1 point from the playoffs with Carver/Cummins. Instead he blew it up because he coaches only one way and ended up way behind where they were when he got here.

Good coaches are able to adapt and look at what is there and figure out how to get the most out of them. Preki doesn't do that.

trane
10-06-2010, 10:11 AM
^ While I voted for Preki, because I thought he was the best, I have the same criticism of him. He made unecessary changes to the roster, such as cronin, who as a solid DM, should have been just right for his plans.

jloome
10-06-2010, 11:04 AM
First trophy: Cummins

Only winning record: Cummins.

Seems a pretty easy choice to me. It didn't ask who was best suited.

trane
10-06-2010, 12:10 PM
^ The tought thing is all three, Cummins, Carver and Preki, had the team play like a real footy team at times, but in all three cases it was fleeting.

I remember Cummins first game, the first two CL games in our stadium under Preki, and a good strech under Carver. But it was all so fleeting.

maninb
10-06-2010, 12:34 PM
Preki.

Preki was a DICTATOR who earned the disdain of his assistants and his coaches...another year would have been a DISASTER because nobody wanted to play for the guy...except his pet...GARCIA...and that says a lot..

Detroit_TFC
10-06-2010, 12:36 PM
A la Stephen Colbert - it's not about how they actually performed, it's how we FELT they performed - John Carver by a mile. :)

Roogsy
10-06-2010, 12:54 PM
Preki was a DICTATOR who earned the disdain of his assistants and his coaches...another year would have been a DISASTER because nobody wanted to play for the guy...except his pet...GARCIA...and that says a lot..

But he should have been given more time! :facepalm:

trane
10-06-2010, 02:26 PM
A la Stephen Colbert - it's not about how they actually performed, it's how we FELT they performed - John Carver by a mile. :)

I was thinking the same thing.

Derko
10-06-2010, 03:46 PM
Carver for his passion about winning and sticking with Chad Barrett!!

ArmenJBX
10-06-2010, 03:52 PM
This squad NEEDED a Dictator to put egos in check.

What we have now is De Rosario's muppet.

Brooker
10-06-2010, 05:13 PM
Johnny with 61 votes!

http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/7329/jcssh01100x74.gif

Hitcho
10-06-2010, 05:20 PM
Well put it this way - I would not take any of them back for next season. So "none of the above" I guess.

My favourite coach will be the next one! :D

(Although that could very easily be considered a mantra of TFC fans by now, which is pretty fucking worrying frankly).

s2cazz
10-07-2010, 06:29 AM
http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=264&pictureid=1279

Fort York Redcoat
10-07-2010, 07:22 AM
Mo- with infinite time and monkeys on type writers he couldn't have brought us it all.
Carver- without Mo's interference i would like to know how far he could have taken us.
Cummins- brought us a trophy and turned the team around at first but couldn't get them over the final hurdle to playoffs.
Preki- agreed with time he could've made a team more suited to his strengths but fell short of the playoffs with enough talent he couldn't make gel.
Daso- Too soon but not exactly a Cummins turnaround fer sure.

scooter
10-07-2010, 07:41 AM
JOHNNY CARVER'S! All Red Army!

I miss singing that. :o

x2 loved jc

Oldtimer
10-07-2010, 07:45 AM
Carver- without Mo's interference i would like to know how far he could have taken us.

QFT.

Mo's lies about the league forcing him to be on the bench was the final straw. JC took what Mo said at face value and thought the league was daft. That's what made him finally decide to leave. (I suspect that Mo was really trying to force him out).

Who knows how much Mo interfered with his lineups and other judgment calls?

The combination of Mo and incompetent MLS reffing pushed him out, when he loved the city and the club. He had told me personally earlier in the season that he was planning to stay, and wasn't "going anywhere."

He might have turned out to be a good manager. We really don't know how much Mo's interfering affected his win ratio. What I do know is that he bled red.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
10-07-2010, 07:50 AM
Carver.. By far the best coach we have seen......

TFC Tifoso
10-07-2010, 07:51 AM
since all of our previous coaches were dunces, I vote for Cummins.....at least he made me laugh when he talked out of the side of his mouth like Popeye.......

Oldtimer
10-07-2010, 08:11 AM
since all of our previous coaches were dunces, I vote for Cummins.....at least he made me laugh when he talked out of the side of his mouth like Popeye.......

"To be totally honest with you," he was entertaining to listen to.
He wan't going to hang around, though, with Carver gone and that "snake" Mo in charge.

ExiledRed
10-07-2010, 09:57 AM

Cummins was given Carver's post because his resume was all about youth development, and MLSE was so excited after the Edu sale, that it figured it should focus on making young guys saleable to bigger leagues. It probably likened MLS to the OHL.

I honestly believe that after the Edu sale, and until Cummins left, the focus from coaching up became more about developing young players as assets for sale, than about winning trophies.

He was a puppet coach, of what was supposed to be a feeder team. I preferred Preki.

fetajr
10-07-2010, 10:14 AM
MOVE ON!!!...they all suck and its time to bring in bigger and better managers.

cough cough..not from the U.K..cough cough

Ossington Mental Youth
10-07-2010, 10:57 AM
i dont really think ive cared for any of them

rocker
10-07-2010, 11:02 AM
Oldtimer got me thinking... to have some fun with this thread, what were the catchphrases of all the coaches so far?

Mo -- "Look..."
Cummins -- "To be totally honest with you..."
Preki -- <looking around annoyed> "It's all about the team, working hard."
Carver -- ????
Daso -- ????

Phil
10-07-2010, 11:24 AM
Johnny with 61 votes!

http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/7329/jcssh01100x74.gif

That was one of my favorite memories of that man.

Beach_Red
10-07-2010, 01:56 PM
Cummins was given Carver's post because his resume was all about youth development, and MLSE was so excited after the Edu sale, that it figured it should focus on making young guys saleable to bigger leagues. It probably likened MLS to the OHL.

I honestly believe that after the Edu sale, and until Cummins left, the focus from coaching up became more about developing young players as assets for sale, than about winning trophies.

He was a puppet coach, of what was supposed to be a feeder team. I preferred Preki.

This is interesting. If you're right then they were all puppets. Chances are they were never given the order directly to develop young players but there was more subtle meddling.

Bloor West FC
10-07-2010, 02:19 PM
I picked Mr. Carver All Red Army!!!! Just because MLSE front office hated him :).

s2cazz
10-07-2010, 03:15 PM
Mo- with infinite time and monkeys on type writers he couldn't have brought us it all.
Cummins- brought us a trophy and turned the team around at first but couldn't get them over the final hurdle to playoffs.
Preki- agreed with time he could've made a team more suited to his strengths but fell short of the playoffs with enough talent he couldn't make gel.
Daso- Too soon but not exactly a Cummins turnaround fer sure.
Cummins was a twat. He reaped the seeds Carver sewed. Yeah he won a trophy but the team was best when he first took over from Carver and then got progressively worse.

jaahuuu
10-08-2010, 01:23 PM
Mo, but just cuz he took me on a tour of the locker room once.

I didn't really like any of them as a coach, and I voted that way.

billyfly
10-08-2010, 01:24 PM
The one we haven't had yet is my fav.

LesH
10-10-2010, 12:12 PM
John Carver.

And it looks he's considered the favorite TFC coach by far the most board members.

v00d00daddy
10-10-2010, 06:08 PM
And it looks he's considered the favorite TFC coach by far the most board members.

If anything that should be an affirmation that he was shit. Individually there are several people amongst the supporters who know their shit.

Collectively though, it's a total different story.

TFC FO should listen to the supporters when it comes to pricing, game day experience, and overall treatment of season seat holders.

As it pertains to the product on the field though...I hope they stop reading the boards. They need to hire somebody who (when it comes to player selection and tactics and style) does not give a shit what the supporters think. We need a guy who knows his shit and doesn't take shit. Not from the front office. Not from the players. And certainly not from the supporters.

"Favourite" coach means nothing.

Best coach is what we need.