PDA

View Full Version : Robbo shares his thoughts on TFC & how NYRB has succeeded

seankeay
10-05-2010, 12:40 PM
- typo in thread title... need another E

In the 2nd half, former TFC midfielder Carl Robinson joins the show to chat about his season with DP happy New York, about his time in Toronto and what the future may bring for the former Welsh international. A great listen

Starts around the 24 min mark -

- Seriously, just listened to it @ work and suggest everyone listen to it not because I work for these guys but because Robbo just oozes class and just knows what it takes to have a winning team. Was told by Preki that there was no chance of him getting in the squad.

http://blogs.thescore.com/footyblog/2010/10/05/the-footy-show-podcast-oct-5th/

To add to the shameless work plug, if you guys just dont get enough footy we hit the air every monday thru thursday on Sirius radio OR @ http://radio.thescore.com/live

Parkdale
10-05-2010, 12:45 PM
1 great shared link gets you 1 shameless plug. it's a fair trade that way. haha......

great link though. Very good to see Robbo head and shoulders above the rest.

and it's fucking heartbreaking to see that photo of Robbo in the RBNY kit.

DangerRed
10-05-2010, 12:55 PM
"Did I want to leave? No. Was I happy to stay? Yes."

jloome
10-05-2010, 12:58 PM
25 minute mark exactly

jloome
10-05-2010, 01:00 PM
- Was told by Preki that there was no chance of him getting in the squad.

Travesty. Fucking travesty.

DangerRed
10-05-2010, 01:02 PM
He sounds an awful lot like he'd come back to coach if he was offered the job.

Don't know that that necessarily would be best for the club, but this guy's class is head and shoulders above many in the football world.

jloome
10-05-2010, 01:04 PM
Great point on the work ethic and leadership qualities of their DPs, how everyone wants to emulate the three DP players in both success and work ethic.

jloome
10-05-2010, 01:10 PM
This is a little painful to listen. He's pretty much confirming everything we suspected about what a little creep Mo was.

Gahd, why couldn't MLSE have reigned in the arrogance a little earlier and listened to the fans?

Cripes. Well, the off-season's going to be exciting as hell.

CretanBull
10-05-2010, 01:13 PM

It's a horrible sight...

Wull
10-05-2010, 01:14 PM
Was told by Preki that there was no chance of him getting in the squad.

:picard: Never have I felt more justified in my opposition to him as coach since day one than I am now! You're telling me Sanyang, nane, saric etc. are better than him?! I'll refrain from the jdg battle again but really? He's not better than them?!

Ossington Mental Youth
10-05-2010, 01:15 PM
or depressing as hell, obviously hoping for the former

Oldtimer
10-05-2010, 01:20 PM
Thanks, Sean.

Robbo is class.

jloome
10-05-2010, 01:21 PM
Sharman did an exceptional job with his questions and delivery. Nice to hear for a change, compared to the biz in general.

arbogast
10-05-2010, 01:22 PM
I'd like to see the club let Percovich go (seeing as he's Preki's lap dog anyway), and bring in Robbo as his replacement. I'd like to see what Daso, Danny and Robbo can do as a coaching team. If Daso fails, Robbo can step right up.

Super
10-05-2010, 01:38 PM
I personally loved Robbo, and I'd be happy to see him coach here, but I worry that we'd take him just because we love the guy, and not because he's necessarily the right fit for us at this time. He has zero coaching experience. I'm not sure that's the best step forward for us right now.

Whoop
10-05-2010, 01:40 PM
^^
Agree with Super.

Ossington Mental Youth
10-05-2010, 01:45 PM
I personally loved Robbo, and I'd be happy to see him coach here, but I worry that we'd take him just because we love the guy, and not because he's necessarily the right fit for us at this time. He has zero coaching experience. I'm not sure that's the best step forward for us right now.

yes, thank god.
too many people have rose tinted glasses when it comes to players turned coaches. Dude is far from what we need right now.

Auzzy
I'd like to see the club let Percovich go (seeing as he's Preki's lap dog anyway), and bring in Robbo as his replacement. I'd like to see what Daso, Danny and Robbo can do as a coaching team. If Daso fails, Robbo can step right up.

^ No please no! There have been enough experiments at TFC over the last four years. TFC has to bring in an experienced manager & an experienced coach. At least proven MLS experience & sustainable success; or the same from overseas (if they can guarantee they can handle the MLS environment). Those top guys have to be able to decide which assistants to keep. (Maybe they will keep Daso & Danny; otherwise there's enough room in the Academy & elsewhere, or whatever.) Robbo is still playing now. Let's see him gain some serious coaching experience before guessing he can "step right up."

Nothing in the past few weeks has proven to me that Daso should get the top spot next season. Sure he had to deal with the players & the limited time he was given. But there has just been no proof that he can take the team in the correct direction, defensively, offensively, or in terms of player attitude.

At this point in time TFC cannot afford any more nostalgia, Canadian coaching development, learning on the job, etc -- at least not at the top spots. I'm sure Daso, Danny and/or Robbo can be great coaches some day, hopefully even at TFC. First let's get some success & stability at TFC, and let them gain some more experience. Throwing them into the top job now isn't good for anyone -- it will be like feeding them to the wolves.

jabbronies

Agreed. Maybe have him come in with the academy and give him the chance to develop his coaching without the scrutiny.

Suds
10-05-2010, 01:46 PM
So, Robbo still thinks TFC is a great organization (referring to Anselmi, Peddie, etc,) said he found out things were said about him to the higher ups in the org that were not true, was told his coaching licenses would be supplemented but that was pulled. Hearing things like that ad weight to the fact MoJo was a very serious issue.

Good job by Sharman and KJ. Robbo did a great job being frank with his answers without being spiteful.

Parkdale
10-05-2010, 02:12 PM
- typo in thread title... need another E

http://www.i-mockery.com/antirave/idiots/protected-raver.jpg

^ Is that you Sean? (not exactly as pictured)

Roogsy
10-05-2010, 02:16 PM

Seeing him score against us broke my heart.

Parkdale
10-05-2010, 02:18 PM
Seeing him score against us broke my heart.

at least he did it with dignity. If he intentinoally missed the net then it would have been shameful and damaging to his own reputation. We all know that he's a pro, and his job was to beat us.... but it was good to see that he wasn't getting any personal satisfaction from it

Roogsy
10-05-2010, 02:24 PM
at least he did it with dignity. If he intentinoally missed the net then it would have been shameful and damaging to his own reputation. We all know that he's a pro, and his job was to beat us.... but it was good to see that he wasn't getting any personal satisfaction from it

Totally. Total class.

Oldtimer
10-05-2010, 02:29 PM
So, Robbo still thinks TFC is a great organization (referring to Anselmi, Peddie, etc,) said he found out things were said about him to the higher ups in the org that were not true, was told his coaching licenses would be supplemented but that was pulled. Hearing things like that ad weight to the fact MoJo was a very serious issue.

Are we surprised? MoJo was dishonest and a manipulator. I'm sure he said a lot of falsehoods along the way to further his agendas.

DichioTFC
10-05-2010, 02:34 PM
Robbo said that some players in the locker room were lying to the guys up top about his demeanour ("being bad around the place, being negative around the place, not being good in the change room and things like that. And that was information that was being told to people above which was clearly a lie")

Pure speculation time: What player in the locker room has connections with the former people above.

Suds
10-05-2010, 02:36 PM
Are we surprised? MoJo was dishonest and a manipulator. I'm sure he said a lot of falsehoods along the way to further his agendas.

History does seem to be proving that.

Pookie
10-05-2010, 02:38 PM

This would be right up with there with naming Brennan as the new GM just because we like him.

We are starting from ground zero again. We need someone to take the team forward and that someone needs experience, connections and a vision. This isn't a learning centre.

DichioTFC
10-05-2010, 02:41 PM
^ I would love for Robbo to be an assistant / academy coach. There's tangible value in hiring a fan favourite to the coaching ranks.

But for Robbo to be a head coach is just not ideal. He needs a few years of coaching experience, but developing Robbo as a head coach would be great

Oldtimer
10-05-2010, 02:49 PM
Pure speculation time: What player in the locker room has connections with the former people above.

A certain overpaid and slow defender who is a former MoJo and Preki teammate is the only reasonable choice. Do we wonder why he got to play so often when he made some monumental mistakes? -- you have it there.

DichioTFC
10-05-2010, 02:51 PM
A certain overpaid and slow defender who is a former MoJo and Preki teammate is the only reasonable choice. Do we wonder why he got to play so often when he made some monumental mistakes? -- you have it there.

The beginning of the season was ridiculously bad and yet, he continued to start. I wouldn't be surprised if the yet-to-be-named overpaid slow defender's benching was as a result of Anselmi and not Preki / MoJo

Beach_Red
10-05-2010, 02:54 PM
Robbo said that some players in the locker room were lying to the guys up top about his demeanour ("being bad around the place, being negative around the place, not being good in the change room and things like that. And that was information that was being told to people above which was clearly a lie")

That's interesing speculation. There seems to be many steps between the players-coaches-TFC management and MLSE with breakdowns all along. Carl Robinson spent a few years at TFC without problems and then last year it all fell apart.

This may be an even tougher fix than people thought.

DichioTFC
10-05-2010, 02:57 PM
Btw, I know its unrelated, but just wanted to reminisce about the 2009 NCC winning squad we had:

-------------------Frei--------------------
--Wynne----Serioux---Attakora-----Brennan--
------Cronin-------Robbo----------Guevara--
-----------------DeRo---------------------
--------Dichio-------------Barrett-----------

Replace Serioux with Cann, and is that not the TFC all-star squad?

Hell, IMO, we could've replaced Dichio with DeRo, moved Guevara up, put JDG on the side, and without any doubt, we would be playoff contenders right now.

arbogast
10-05-2010, 02:59 PM
This would be right up with there with naming Brennan as the new GM just because we like him.

We are starting from ground zero again. We need someone to take the team forward and that someone needs experience, connections and a vision. This isn't a learning centre.

Well Preki had MLS experience right? so did Cummins and Carver (just not MLS experience), and noone panned out.

arbogast
10-05-2010, 03:02 PM
^ No please no! There have been enough experiments at TFC over the last four years. TFC has to bring in an experienced manager & an experienced coach. At least proven MLS experience & sustainable success; or the same from overseas (if they can guarantee they can handle the MLS environment). Those top guys have to be able to decide which assistants to keep. (Maybe they will keep Daso & Danny; otherwise there's enough room in the Academy & elsewhere, or whatever.) Robbo is still playing now. Let's see him gain some serious coaching experience before guessing he can "step right up."

Nothing in the past few weeks has proven to me that Daso should get the top spot next season. Sure he had to deal with the players & the limited time he was given. But there has just been no proof that he can take the team in the correct direction, defensively, offensively, or in terms of player attitude.

At this point in time TFC cannot afford any more nostalgia, Canadian coaching development, learning on the job, etc -- at least not at the top spots. I'm sure Daso, Danny and/or Robbo can be great coaches some day, hopefully even at TFC. First let's get some success & stability at TFC, and let them gain some more experience. Throwing them into the top job now isn't good for anyone -- it will be like feeding them to the wolves.

you can't make chicken salad from the chicken shit Mo left behind. the fact is Daso is well respected among the players that are here and players who have left. I think he's capable, he just needs to build his own squad.

DichioTFC
10-05-2010, 03:03 PM
That's interesing speculation. There seems to be many steps between the players-coaches-TFC management and MLSE with breakdowns all along. Carl Robinson spent a few years at TFC without problems and then last year it all fell apart.

This may be an even tougher fix than people thought.

The most telling point to me was when MoJo knew so much about the player union negotiations to the point where we were finding news out through him. Garcia was the TFC player union rep. When Mo, *literally* the management guy, knows enough detail about the player union side that we was able to discuss it openly, there's evidence of a breakdown.

An effective captain would be a good first step to keeping these breakdowns in check. In the past we can Brennan (Canadian captain), Robbo (Welsh captain), Guevara (Honduras captain), Dichio (locker room leader) and Cronin (young leader, according to most stories about him). Even though the other guys weren't wearing the armband, they were still influential. I would love for a strong, personable captain-type of player to come to TFC and lead the locker room past these kind of childish squabbles.

Beach_Red
10-05-2010, 03:31 PM
The most telling point to me was when MoJo knew so much about the player union negotiations to the point where we were finding news out through him. Garcia was the TFC player union rep. When Mo, *literally* the management guy, knows enough detail about the player union side that we was able to discuss it openly, there's evidence of a breakdown.

An effective captain would be a good first step to keeping these breakdowns in check. In the past we can Brennan (Canadian captain), Robbo (Welsh captain), Guevara (Honduras captain), Dichio (locker room leader) and Cronin (young leader, according to most stories about him). Even though the other guys weren't wearing the armband, they were still influential. I would love for a strong, personable captain-type of player to come to TFC and lead the locker room past these kind of childish squabbles.

From the sounds of it, it's not jusy the dressing room, it's top to bottom. Looking back it's really no surprise that a new franchise with no one involved who had ever really run a team before would become such a mess. Why was it allowed to go on for so long? This isn't something that just happened at the end of year three (or part way through season four).

I guess it's good that MLSE were so hands off that they didn't even know what was going on. Too bad they didn't put more experienced people in charge.

DichioTFC
10-05-2010, 03:36 PM
From the sounds of it, it's not jusy the dressing room, it's top to bottom. Looking back it's really no surprise that a new franchise with no one involved who had ever really run a team before would become such a mess. Why was it allowed to go on for so long? This isn't something that just happened at the end of year three (or part way through season four).

I guess it's good that MLSE were so hands off that they didn't even know what was going on. Too bad they didn't put more experienced people in charge.

Firing Mo at the end of last season really would've benefited the club immensely, more than we realize. It's sad that things like team-building are a problem.

I'm hoping whoever the GM is will be in place before Christmas, will be well prepared for the draft (if I'm not mistaken we have *a* pick :facepalm:) and will have the pieces in place at the beginning of *training camp*, not the season.

Sullivan
10-05-2010, 03:44 PM
I'm hoping whoever the GM is will be in place before Christmas, will be well prepared for the draft (if I'm not mistaken we have *a* pick :facepalm:) ...

We have six picks.

As at the current standings (today), we hold the 9th pick, round 1.
so...
Round 1, natural pick 9th,
Round 2, natural pick, 27th,
Round 3, natural pick (36th) traded to Colorado for Harden
Round 3, Houston's pick received for Serioux, 42nd
Round 3, Colorado's pick received for Wynne, 48th
Round 4, natural pick, 63rd
Round 4, New York's pick received for Robinson, 69th.

DichioTFC
10-05-2010, 03:45 PM
^ thanks for clarifying. How did you acquire that information? I thought Mo had traded away all of our picks.

Sullivan
10-05-2010, 03:57 PM
^ thanks for clarifying. How did you acquire that information? I thought Mo had traded away all of our picks.

I do some freelance work for a couple of NCAA programs, the coaches are involved in the Hermann/Combine assessments so they get certain MLS info, and they are good enough to share this info with me.

I also keep track myself, when I put all the information together, it surprised me too. I also thought Johnston had "blew his wad", much like last year.

DichioTFC
10-05-2010, 03:59 PM
Fair enough, although this information should be put into the public domain by MLS to begin with.

Wull
10-05-2010, 04:07 PM
Round 3, Houston's pick received for Serioux, 42nd
Round 3, Colorado's pick received for Wynne, 48th
Round 4, New York's pick received for Robinson, 69th.

Are you fucking kidding me?! :picard: fuck preki!

Sullivan
10-05-2010, 04:08 PM
Fair enough, although this information should be put into the public domain by MLS to begin with.

IIRC they usually do, but after the cup final as the result from the cup final impacts the selection order.

Nuvinho
10-05-2010, 04:21 PM
package all the 3rd and 4th round picks for JPA.

Wooster_TFC
10-05-2010, 04:50 PM
Travesty. Fucking travesty.

I'm sorry, but where did you hear that?

Listening to the podcast now, it seems his issue were entirely with Mo, and nothing to do with Preki. He even said that he thought it was disappointing that Preki didn't get the full year at the club.

DichioTFC
10-05-2010, 05:04 PM
I'm sorry, but where did you hear that?

Listening to the podcast now, it seems his issue were entirely with Mo, and nothing to do with Preki. He even said that he thought it was disappointing that Preki didn't get the full year at the club.

Preki told him that his career was over and he wouldn't be playing on this team inthe upcoming season. He seemed to imply this was done in late 2009 and by early 2010 they wanted to reconsider but Robbo had none of it because of what was said months earlier.

Re comments about Preki, He was being professional and he was saying the disappointment was to TFC not having a reputable coach installed for longer than a year.

London
10-05-2010, 05:43 PM
It was Mo who told Robbo last year that he'd never play again, not Preki. Preki wasn't even with the club yet.

Also, it wasn't Garcia who talked badly about him to the higher ups, it was Jimmy.

that is from a very reliable source.

DichioTFC
10-05-2010, 05:50 PM
It was Mo who told Robbo last year that he'd never play again, not Preki. Preki wasn't even with the club yet.

Also, it wasn't Garcia who talked badly about him to the higher ups, it was Jimmy.

0-5 loss to NYRB happened late October, 2009
Preki became head coach on November 19, 2009
Robbo traded March 2010
It would appear that Preki had some involvement.

Did Jimmy and Robbo have bad blood?

TFC/Everton
10-05-2010, 06:30 PM
Btw, I know its unrelated, but just wanted to reminisce about the 2009 NCC winning squad we had:

-------------------Frei--------------------
--Wynne----Serioux---Attakora-----Brennan--
------Cronin-------Robbo----------Guevara--
-----------------DeRo---------------------
--------Dichio-------------Barrett-----------

Replace Serioux with Cann, and is that not the TFC all-star squad?

Hell, IMO, we could've replaced Dichio with DeRo, moved Guevara up, put JDG on the side, and without any doubt, we would be playoff contenders right now.

That squad would of made the playoffs this year.

TFCRegina
10-05-2010, 07:22 PM
I would like Robbo to be back here, start with our Academy and help out with the Reserves as well. And MLSE should be paying for his UEFA A License. We need more coaches with top licenses in Canada, to spread the knowledge.

Oh, and folks, while we'll have a U-14 Academy next year...

FC Edmonton is getting one down to the U-12 level.

TFCRegina
10-05-2010, 07:24 PM
Are you fucking kidding me?! :picard: fuck preki!

Hey man, we got a lock on all the Joseph Nane's of the world. :facepalm:

algieb
10-05-2010, 07:38 PM

that would not surprise me had to be someone high up on the team work it out who was all left in the team after clearing house jimmy, rosario not many top guys

v00d00daddy
10-05-2010, 07:42 PM
Sorry but whoever suggested that Robbo's career was done (Mo or Preki) was right.

How did he do this year with NYRB?

How much is he playing?

People talk about the shit players we have/got to replace him (ie: Nane, Saric, Sanyang) but they fail to realize that those guys combined, make less than Robbo alone.

Seems like a nice guy but fuck me..there is way too much talk about this guy around here. He's gone and we would NOT have been a better team with him.

For fuck sake...we were terrible WITH him.

rocker
10-05-2010, 07:52 PM
Interesting that Robbo specifically named Anselmi, Tanenbaum, and Peddie as being good guys. he didn't have to do that. He didn't mention Mo Johnston's name once during the interview. And from what I've heard about former players coming back, they too have no problems with the business side people.

DichioTFC
10-05-2010, 07:54 PM
Sorry but whoever suggested that Robbo's career was done (Mo or Preki) was right.

How much is he playing?

People talk about the shit players we have/got to replace him (ie: Nane, Saric, Sanyang) but they fail to realize that those guys combined, make less than Robbo alone.

Seems like a nice guy but fuck me..there is way too much talk about this guy around here. He's gone and we would NOT have been a better team with him.

Knee injury aside, I would tend to agree with you, the cost associated with Robbo is exclusive and getting rid of him allowed to clear cap space for Hscanovics and Saric.

But the value in having an in-house leader is intangible. Its hard to quantify the value of having a well-liked / well-respected captain to run the show. I would equate it to an auto factory where team leads have high flammability or one who mediates and diffuses conflict (i.e. making working together tolerable and even fun). It seems to me that Robbo was an example of the latter. Considering the perceived presence of looming conflict this year, it would appear to me that having Robbo on the team, even with his on-field lacking, would be a benefit to the club.

rocker
10-05-2010, 07:58 PM
Knee injury aside, I would tend to agree with you, the cost associated with Robbo is exclusive and getting rid of him allowed to clear cap space for Hscanovics and Saric.

But the value in having an in-house leader is intangible. Its hard to quantify the value of having a well-liked / well-respected captain to run the show. I would equate it to an auto factory where team leads have high flammability or one who mediates and diffuses conflict (i.e. making working together tolerable and even fun). It seems to me that Robbo was an example of the latter. Considering the perceived presence of looming conflict this year, it would appear to me that having Robbo on the team, even with his on-field lacking, would be a benefit to the club.

I can see that.. but wasn't he a part of the team that lost 5-0 to NYRB? The team Cronin was calling out at season's end?

I mean, in theory it's a good thing to have that presence. But in practice I'm not so sure what difference it really makes. It's intangible.

Beach_Red
10-05-2010, 07:59 PM
Interesting that Robbo specifically named Anselmi, Tanenbaum, and Peddie as being good guys. he didn't have to do that. He didn't mention Mo Johnston's name once during the interview. And from what I've heard about former players coming back, they too have no problems with the business side people.

Isn't one of the big complaints here overpaying players? And those cheques don't bounce. And there doesn't seem to be any pressure from those business guys to win.

What's not to like? It sure seems better than someplace like the Yankees under Steinbrenner or even Saputo in Montreal calling out players. None of the "Musokoa Five" on the Leafs ever had a bad thing to say about the business guys either.

We may be getting closer to the real issue with these teams...

Wooster_TFC
10-05-2010, 09:01 PM
There's no way in hell I buy that Robbo would talk so nicely of Preki in this interview, and specifically say "the GM told me I was done" (paraphrasing here), and yet it all had to do with Preki.

That said, it's quite clear there were issues and they all stemmed with Mo. Good riddance and a clean start next year. The other nice thing is we have a lot of leeway next year with expiring contracts and buyouts disappearing.

TFC07
10-05-2010, 09:18 PM

How much is he playing?

Agreed.

Robbo is nice guy and all that, but he isn't that great of player especially given he was making close to DP. Based on salary, he was just as big bust like JDG.

Hopefully when Robbo hangs up his boots, he can land a job in Toronto in the media. I think he will make a good journalist.

Sullivan
10-05-2010, 09:34 PM
Hey man, we got a lock on all the Joseph Nane's of the world. :facepalm:

lol

FWIW, I was told that Nane wasn't a Tim Regan pick, allegedy wasn't even on his list. I know one of the guys that run in Regan's technical circle, obviously I don't, but he tells me Regan has a good network and was pretty ticked when Nane was selected.
No one expected Joseph Nane to be selected.

Nane was a pretty good player in a weak program. Add to the fact that the Colonel Athletic Association isn't a conference hotbed for soccer, competition is very average, not a lot of top talent there. Nothing about Nane suggests an elite NCAA player, and Nane isn't an elte athlete, never mind an elite soccer player, however someone at TFC thought differently....

Nane was a 4th rounder, 53rd overall....

BTW, Regan is an assistant coach with the USSF u18 program (the head coach is ex TFC assistant Mike Matkovich), so Regan has excellent info and access to the Gen A players from the u17 and u18 programs. So it's reasonable to expect that TFC will submit a Gen A request on a USSF youth player.

TFCRegina
10-05-2010, 09:34 PM
Nane's agent was Preki's brother. That's why he was picked. Or so I've been told.

Sullivan
10-05-2010, 09:39 PM
Nane's agent was Preki's brother. That's why he was picked. Or so I've been told.

Many scouts and agents call Preki's brother, "Scraps".

Hooligan69
10-06-2010, 12:56 AM
- Was told by Preki that there was no chance of him getting in the squad.

... and look where Preki is now.

Ossington Mental Youth
10-06-2010, 06:55 AM

How much is he playing?

yeah i agree with this, he wasnt getting any younger or any less injured. still love the dude but we wouldnt have been a better team with him this year.

Ossington Mental Youth
10-06-2010, 06:56 AM
lol

FWIW, I was told that Nane wasn't a Tim Regan pick, allegedy wasn't even on his list. I know one of the guys that run in Regan's technical circle, obviously I don't, but he tells me Regan has a good network and was pretty ticked when Nane was selected.
No one expected Joseph Nane to be selected.

Nane was a pretty good player in a weak program. Add to the fact that the Colonel Athletic Association isn't a conference hotbed for soccer, competition is very average, not a lot of top talent there. Nothing about Nane suggests an elite NCAA player, and Nane isn't an elte athlete, never mind an elite soccer player, however someone at TFC thought differently....

Nane was a 4th rounder, 53rd overall....

BTW, Regan is an assistant coach with the USSF u18 program (the head coach is ex TFC assistant Mike Matkovich), so Regan has excellent info and access to the Gen A players from the u17 and u18 programs. So it's reasonable to expect that TFC will submit a Gen A request on a USSF youth player.

still livid about Nane as a pick even if he was late and noone wanted him, waste of cap and roster space

maninb
10-06-2010, 08:16 AM
Clearly it was Mo that told Robbo he'd NEVER play in TO again,. preki wasn't even here...It WAS however Preki who ran Cronin out of town...and I'd much rather have Robbo than Sanyang, Nane, or Saric....And IT WAS Gracia who was the dressing room snitch...DeRo & DeGuz both confirmed that at the end of last season when they called him "the RAT from Kansas City"....

rocker
10-06-2010, 08:20 AM
I wouldn't have minded keeping Robbo, but not at 300K+. That was too much for the guy.
Mo Jo overpaid almost every player who came through TFC.

btw, my father ranted about Robbo all the time over those 3 seasons.. hahah. He hated Robbo's automatic "quick pass" every time he got the ball. Often those passes would go to the opposition or out of bounds. I was more diplomatic. But after awhile it was hard to argue against my dad.

Oldtimer
10-06-2010, 08:28 AM
Clearly it was Mo that told Robbo he'd NEVER play in TO again,. preki wasn't even here...It WAS however Preki who ran Cronin out of town...and I'd much rather have Robbo than Sanyang, Nane, or Saric....And IT WAS Gracia who was the dressing room snitch...DeRo & DeGuz both confirmed that at the end of last season when they called him "the RAT from Kansas City"....

Robbo said that certain players badmouthed him. Clearly there was more than one. It could have been Garcia and Jimmy.

Just indicative of how this team was run. Everyone out for themselves. Mo, Preki, and now D$Ro.

ManUtd4ever
10-06-2010, 08:40 AM
Robbo said that certain players badmouthed him. Clearly there was more than one. It could have been Garcia and Jimmy.

Just indicative of how this team was run. Everyone out for themselves. Mo, Preki, and now D$Ro.

I can't see Jimmy being a rat, especially since he and Robbo seemed to be very close friends off the field and appeared in several ineterviews together over the years.

In any case, classy interview by Robbo and I hope he is part of the organization again at some point in the future...

Heathen
10-06-2010, 08:43 AM
I wouldn't have minded keeping Robbo, but not at 300K+. That was too much for the guy.
Mo Jo overpaid almost every player who came through TFC.

btw, my father ranted about Robbo all the time over those 3 seasons.. hahah. He hated Robbo's automatic "quick pass" every time he got the ball. Often those passes would go to the opposition or out of bounds. I was more diplomatic. But after awhile it was hard to argue against my dad.

and now we have De Guzman who does the same thing for 5 times the money

Wull
10-06-2010, 09:21 AM

without being able to tackle as well

London
10-06-2010, 09:46 AM
I can't see Jimmy being a rat, especially since he and Robbo seemed to be very close friends off the field and appeared in several ineterviews together over the years.

In any case, classy interview by Robbo and I hope he is part of the organization again at some point in the future...

not friends at all, and again reliable sources say it was jimmy.

and trust me it is hard for me to talk bad about jimmy

Heathen
10-06-2010, 01:16 PM
without being able to tackle as well

Yes for sure, I should've added a "but worse" at the end of my post

Beach_Red
10-06-2010, 01:19 PM

Yeah, with no one watching the store...

rocker
10-06-2010, 01:22 PM

yeah, don't remind me.

I'd rather have Shalrie Joseph at 400K~ than JDG at 1.7mil or Robbo at 300K.

Wull
10-06-2010, 01:34 PM
yeah, don't remind me.

is it wise to put him in a city with a more relaxed view on marijuana?!

DichioTFC
10-06-2010, 01:36 PM
yeah, don't remind me.

Does the weed get paid out of the 400K or the club budget?
:D

DichioTFC
10-06-2010, 01:38 PM
is it wise to put him in a city with a more relaxed view on marijuana?!

Worked for Ricky Williams!!
http://rofljock.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/ricky-williams-smoking-weed.jpg

Dozitwin
10-06-2010, 01:44 PM
Robbo is a total class act. That's all I have to say.

Super Cereal
10-06-2010, 02:50 PM
Robbo is the ****ing man.

Super Cereal
10-06-2010, 02:54 PM
Does the weed get paid out of the 400K or the club budget?
:D
Sorry for the stupidity, but is that the reason Shalrie Joseph was in the MLS substance abuse thing or whatever? I remember hearing he was in some program or something but knew nothing about it.

Always been a Joseph fan.:D

C.Ronaldo
10-06-2010, 03:05 PM
i dont trust jimmy either

he landed a gold job and stayed on the starting team when it was clear he was a step behind

I don't know, kind of fishy how Jimmy got more love than robo from the boss

Dichio was the peoples choice

Jimmy was Mos first ever pick for TFC, remember that.

Rudi
10-06-2010, 03:39 PM
Jimmy was around long before Mo.

No officially, mind you. But he was at the naming of the team event in May of '06, for instance. Mo was hired well after that.

P-NUTZ
10-08-2010, 11:32 AM
I never thought robinson was very good.
And i agree with an earlier post that suggested we hire the right people before being influenced by an ex-tfc or canadian factor.