PDA

View Full Version : Today's News,Tuesday,Oct.05

denime
10-05-2010, 05:17 AM
Mornin'

TFC coach: 'Fight or leave' (http://www.torontosun.com/sports/soccer/2010/10/04/15582606.html)

Bad decisions behind bad TFC seasons (http://www.torontosun.com/sports/soccer/2010/10/04/15582576.html)

MLSE execs feel the pain, too, fans (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/stephen-brunt/mlse-execs-feel-the-pain-too-fans/article1742275/) :facepalm:

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshinegirl/)

Eastend
10-05-2010, 06:41 AM
I thought the G&M article was going to have some insight into MLSE, but instead we a waste of 4 minutes.....and no info at all.

zamperina
10-05-2010, 06:45 AM
I'm surprised Stephen Brunt could write such a poor article. Save yourself the 5 minutes and don't even bother reading it.

King Jeff
10-05-2010, 06:53 AM
I'm surprised Stephen Brunt could write such a poor article. Save yourself the 5 minutes and don't even bother reading it.

This. Especially after seeing it singled out for its own thread elsewhere in this forum. What a waste.

TFC_Junky
10-05-2010, 07:51 AM
Good on Daso in the first Sun article. "I only want guys who are going to fight for the football club." This is what I've wanted to see out of our players since day 1.

Oldtimer
10-05-2010, 07:54 AM
It seems, with Johnston and former head coach Preki gone, TFC fans are finally turning on ownership.

A very accurate statement.

Fans are ranging from upset to angry. I don't think many feel good about the club's decisions right now, or MLSE's greedy ways.

The Professor
10-05-2010, 08:05 AM
Wow. Brunt's ramblings are so awful I don't think they even qualify as an article!
Sadly, they're what you can now expect from the Globe after it's relaunch last week. I think Brunt and the paper's few other intelligent writers are facing the challenge of dumbing down their writing to match the new editorial style of the Globe that seems to want to challenge 24 Hours for the bottom of the pile.

Beach_Red
10-05-2010, 08:05 AM
A very accurate statement.

Fans are ranging from upset to angry. I don't think many feel good about the club's decisions right now, or MLSE's greedy ways.

It would be nice if they said, "Yes, we made a mistake with our first hiring for TFC and then we didn't correct that for years," but that seems too much to ask.

I guess the good news is they made the same kinds of mistakes with their other teams and now seem to have corrected them.

Oldtimer
10-05-2010, 08:36 AM
I guess the good news is they made the same kinds of mistakes with their other teams and now seem to have corrected them.

I actually expect to see big changes in the club. The board will likely give the new GM the same freedom that the Leafs and Raptors now have. The key issue will be making the right hiring choice: it will either fix or pull under the club. I hope the former.

Suds
10-05-2010, 09:10 AM

ahhhh crap! .. I read the article before reading the posts.

Just lost 5 minutes!

Technorgasm
10-05-2010, 09:18 AM
why would you even bother to print that Globe crap?
seriously.

Will a toronto team EVER see success in my lifetime?
both teams that are not owned by MLSE have wona championship, since I graced teh world.
saying something?

fuckin right I am. . MLSE - the cancer of modern sport.

Wull
10-05-2010, 09:25 AM
I like Wolstat's article until he mentioned jdg

Carts
10-05-2010, 09:25 AM
ahhhh crap! .. I read the article before reading the posts.

Just lost 5 minutes!

That's what she said! :rolleyes:

Technorgasm
10-05-2010, 09:27 AM
wow - this put it into perspective RIGTH quick. . I think UI have finally discovered teh true anger a lot of you folks face. .

Until this year, no MLS team has ever missed the playoffs its first four years of existence.

Only in Toronto — only under MLSEL where making money hand-over-fist and a ton of notches in the L column are the only constants — could this happen.

How is it possible that the Seattle Sounders can make the playoffs out of the far tougher West in each of its first two seasons in the league and actually look like a darkhorse contender to win it all while Toronto remains in shambles?

The answer lies in smart ownership, soccer acumen and top-notch hiring and player evaluation abilities. Seattle has all of those in spades, while the Reds are listing in the wilderness in all regards.

CretanBull
10-05-2010, 09:32 AM
The Sun article sums everything up nicely in its final two sentences:

This has gone from a feel-good story to another MLSEL catastrophe.
And nobody can be confident that they will be able to clean up the mess

Beach_Red
10-05-2010, 09:44 AM
^ We can be fairly sure they'll clean up the mess the same way they did with the Leafs and Raptors - they'll find a qualified guy, a guy with the proper resume, and give him the deal they should have done in the first place.

Shway
10-05-2010, 09:46 AM
why would you even bother to print that Globe crap?
seriously.

Will a toronto team EVER see success in my lifetime?
both teams that are not owned by MLSE have wona championship, since I graced teh world.
saying something?

fuckin right I am. . MLSE - the cancer of modern sport.

try being born in the 90's:facepalm:

Roogsy
10-05-2010, 09:47 AM
wow - this put it into perspective RIGTH quick. . I think UI have finally discovered teh true anger a lot of you folks face. .

Until this year, no MLS team has ever missed the playoffs its first four years of existence.

Only in Toronto — only under MLSEL where making money hand-over-fist and a ton of notches in the L column are the only constants — could this happen.

How is it possible that the Seattle Sounders can make the playoffs out of the far tougher West in each of its first two seasons in the league and actually look like a darkhorse contender to win it all while Toronto remains in shambles?

The answer lies in smart ownership, soccer acumen and top-notch hiring and player evaluation abilities. Seattle has all of those in spades, while the Reds are listing in the wilderness in all regards.

I remember when we initially discussed Seattle, people were excusing their success simply because the organization existed in USL. :facepalm:

Ossington Mental Youth
10-05-2010, 09:52 AM
its not just that but lets be honest it certainly has helped

Whoop
10-05-2010, 09:52 AM
Wow. Brunt's ramblings are so awful I don't think they even qualify as an article!
Sadly, they're what you can now expect from the Globe after it's relaunch last week. I think Brunt and the paper's few other intelligent writers are facing the challenge of dumbing down their writing to match the new editorial style of the Globe that seems to want to challenge 24 Hours for the bottom of the pile.

Also what was the editor thinking with that headline?

Whoop
10-05-2010, 09:53 AM
its not just that but lets be honest it certainly has helped

Exactly.

Which is why Portland and Vancouver will be better than TFC next season.

ensco
10-05-2010, 10:07 AM
Also what was the editor thinking with that headline?

Reminds me of the classic Onion headline:

President Clinton to Feel Nation's Pain, Breasts

trane
10-05-2010, 10:39 AM

Wow, we acctualy achieved something. We are the first, we are the first, we are the first. They should raises prices more, it is not evey day that you get a chance to see the first team not to make the playoffs in this shite league in the first four years, it takes a special managment team to achive such shite.

rocker
10-05-2010, 10:44 AM
wow, sunshine girl is quite flexible.. see pic 9

Hitcho
10-05-2010, 11:52 AM
The Sun article sums everything up nicely in its final two sentences:

This is exactly what I was going to post, so I'll post it again anyway for emphasis:

This has gone from a feel-good story to another MLSEL catastrophe.
And nobody can be confident that they will be able to clean up the mess.

bgnewf
10-05-2010, 12:11 PM
Dasovic called out the players in that Sun article. And here is the Spanish translation for that useless Mista, in case he missed it.

"Si no quieres estar aquí y luchar, entonces usted puede hacer su salida. No hay problema. Vamos a dejarte ir y llevar a cabo otras empresas. Pero si quieres estar aquí, sólo quiero chicos que van a luchar por el club de fútbol. "

mdc 77
10-05-2010, 04:00 PM
So what is the true story behind Mista? To me when he has played, which hasn't been much he looked good. Whatever the reason is I would really like to know why he doesn't play.