PDA

View Full Version : New TFC Email Oct 4, 2010 - Thank you for Renewing?

redcard
10-04-2010, 03:37 PM
I just got this email thanking me for renewing...just one thing, i havent renewed yet!

http://image.mlsefanmail.com/lib/fed316717160047c/m/1/Toronto+FC.JPG

http://image.mlsefanmail.com/lib/ffcf14/m/1/spacer.gif

Thank you for renewing your season seats for 2011! It is the support of our Season Seat Holders that makes BMO Field a fortress on every match day and also one of the best sporting experiences this city has to offer.
Our Season Seat 'relocation event' is scheduled to take place in early November at BMO Field. We will send more details along with your relocation appointment time in the next few weeks.
Once again, thank you for your continued support of Toronto FC and Season V!
// Toronto FC
All For One

billyfly
10-04-2010, 03:38 PM
I renewed for you. It was suppose to be a secret.

SmokedPanda
10-04-2010, 03:40 PM
surprise!!!! they have your credit card on file and automaticly renewed on your behalf?

Wull
10-04-2010, 04:05 PM
Anselmi's getting pushier and pushier!! :D

Super
10-04-2010, 04:06 PM
Report those thieves to the BBB.

Joe Kool
10-04-2010, 04:07 PM
Didn't you see the note on last year's renewal that said for renewing for 2010 it automatically allows them to charge you for 2011? Kind of like the way you couldn't renew this year without automatically promising to buy all future playoff tickets.

Suds
10-04-2010, 04:08 PM
oops

Red Rat
10-04-2010, 04:12 PM
I just got this email thanking me for renewing...just one thing, i havent renewed yet!

http://image.mlsefanmail.com/lib/fed316717160047c/m/1/Toronto+FC.JPG

Thank you for renewing your season seats for 2011! It is the support of our Season Seat Holders that makes BMO Field a fortress on every match day and also one of the best sporting experiences this city has to offer.
Our Season Seat 'relocation event' is scheduled to take place in early November at BMO Field. We will send more details along with your relocation appointment time in the next few weeks.
Once again, thank you for your continued support of Toronto FC and Season V!
// Toronto FC
All For One

call credit card and tell them it was fraudulent purchase.

Hitcho
10-04-2010, 05:09 PM
Wow.

The FO of this team just never fails to amaze me. With everything that's going on and people pissed off like crazy at the ticket pricing, they go and do this. It's incompetent and breathtakingly arrogant - you'd think they would be more careful/sensitive about this kind of thing in the circumstances.

There are times when I almost want the TFC ship to sink, just to spite ML$E and stick them with millions of $$$ in lost investment.

It's a small thing (unless they really have renewed without asking you, in which case they're on the edge of a very deep chasm), but it just seems like there's always a new slap in the face with them every day, either a little tap or a Tyson-esque right hook, but there's always something. Way to respect your paying customers, dick wads.

TFCRegina
10-04-2010, 05:09 PM
Didn't you see the note on last year's renewal that said for renewing for 2010 it automatically allows them to charge you for 2011? Kind of like the way you couldn't renew this year without automatically promising to buy all future playoff tickets.

Except this is a non-credible threat... :facepalm:

Mikey
10-04-2010, 05:22 PM
Maybe you got free tickets!!

razor787
10-04-2010, 05:32 PM
^You do realize that MLSE owns TFC right? :P

redcard
10-04-2010, 07:10 PM
its funny actually, cause they do have my credit card on file and thought maybe they did renew automatically, but my account manager indicates i still have an outstanding invoice for Oct 15...but if anyone would like to renew on my behalf please pm my your credit card numbers!!!

Davenport
10-04-2010, 07:48 PM
Arrogant tossers. They can stick mine where the sun don't shine.

Cashcleaner
10-04-2010, 07:54 PM
Here's what you do, Red Card. Call up your ticket rep and tell them that they've sent you the email in error. Don't let on that you will renew or not, just confirm that they are not going to charge your card and that you are still undecided (to renew).

Don't tell them anything else other than that you haven't renewed. Let them sweat it out a bit.

Shakes McQueen
10-04-2010, 08:43 PM
Quite a bit of indignant rage here, for what was essentially just an erroneously sent email, thanking him for renewing his seats.

I also think calling it "arrogance" is sort of humorous, considering the emails are probably sent out through an automated process.

- Scott

maximo_rpd
10-04-2010, 08:45 PM

Hey - just checked - they have not done an "autorenew" on me yet, but hey - I already told my rep to put his tickets where the moon don't shine - perhaps there is some protection for those of us whose tickets are already up the asshole of our reps - perhaps they don't want to retrieve those tickets and do an "autorenew" - I'm just sayin....:deadhorse::hump:

Mark in Ottawa
10-05-2010, 07:48 AM
Awww. You guys have all the fun.
We Gold listers have to wait for a bit until we get to listen to some weird sales pitch and then get our chance to laugh first and vent second!

Oldtimer
10-05-2010, 07:59 AM
We Gold listers have to wait for a bit until we get to listen to some weird sales pitch and then get our chance to laugh first and vent second!

I can just imagine:

"Congratulations, you have first pick of box seats. Does your credit card have $45,000 in credit limit free?"

:picard:

Parkdale
10-05-2010, 08:36 AM
when's the last date to renew? I will be calling them on that day.

menefreghista
10-05-2010, 08:39 AM
when's the last date to renew? I will be calling them on that day.

Friday October 15.

The day is fast approaching.

mastermixer
10-05-2010, 10:51 AM
Just curious... has everyone renewed?? I am personally holding out until the absolute last minute just to make these guys sweat it out a bit.
I also wonder if there will be any incentive given should they call me and I reply with something like "I'd like to renew, but I'm not confident in investing almost $3000 at this time"
Will they just say ok f-off then, or will they try to convince us to renew.

Suds
10-05-2010, 10:57 AM
^^
I have sent emails to my rep and have never once heard a response. Others have had good response back so I guess it depends who your rep is.

I have not renewed and will be dropping extra seats when I do .. so there will be $1,200 seats available to whoever wants them.

Dave67
10-05-2010, 11:04 AM
^^ I called my rep. Emails are hit & miss. I did not renew yet. I am waiting until the last hour. My rep knows why. They will try everything to convince you to renew. Ultimately they will offer you a payment plan that allows for more than 4 payments.

I had actually planned on not renewing but the person with seats in front of me wants tickets for his buddies for as many games as possible. So I guess that makes me part of the problem. We all know all ML$E cares about is money. Ultimately they will still get mine for another year.

jloome
10-05-2010, 11:06 AM
Quite a bit of indignant rage here, for what was essentially just an erroneously sent email, thanking him for renewing his seats.

I also think calling it "arrogance" is sort of humorous, considering the emails are probably sent out through an automated process.

- Scott

True.

Of course, we could all be somewhat forgiven for seeing it as the kinda latest-minor-incompetence-stacked-on-thousands-of-others moment that indicates why playoff football ain't knockin' on BMO's door anytime soon.

H Bomb
10-05-2010, 11:08 AM
^^ Also sending an renewal email to someone through an automated process is pretty arrogant...

jloome
10-05-2010, 11:15 AM
^^ Also sending an renewal email to someone through an automated process is pretty arrogant...

This is true. That's modern service for you.

Hitcho
10-05-2010, 11:39 AM

- Scott

The arrogance stems from just not giving a crap about the anger running through the fans, to the extent that you don;t even bother to try and be careful that things like this don't happen given the circumstances. They are blithe to it all, which is arrogant. No doubt it was an autmoated cock up or even a human cock up, but to not bother taking steps to make sure this doesn't happen when your fan base is railing at you, is pretty arrogant. Not to mention obtuse, myopic and insulting.

/rant :D

Toronto Gunner
10-05-2010, 11:56 AM
Thanks for posting that email. I emailed my rep twice to ask when the relocation event will be taking place and haven't received so much as an acknowledgement.

Pookie
10-05-2010, 12:13 PM

The fortress as a lot of holes in it.

I guess this is what we call in sales, the "Presumptive Close."

Pyeddo
10-05-2010, 01:15 PM
Thanks for posting that email. I emailed my rep twice to ask when the relocation event will be taking place and haven't received so much as an acknowledgement.

Hah, i sent an e-mail to my rep David Barker and STILL have yet to get my call back. The e-mail was sent Sept. 30th. Class!

H Bomb
10-05-2010, 02:38 PM
Hah, i sent an e-mail to my rep David Barker and STILL have yet to get my call back. The e-mail was sent Sept. 30th. Class!

I sent one back then too and have had nothing back from David. However my old man sent him one and got a full response in a couple of hours. I'm making sure I dont hate the messenger on this issue, any hate towards the reps will be a waste of energy....we have bigger fish to fry.

Heathen
10-05-2010, 02:51 PM

I sent an email about two weeks ago and haven't got a response even though I was introduced to her at the RSL CCL game

DichioTFC
10-05-2010, 03:13 PM

I'm a goldlister and I asked when i would be able to pick up some season tickets. The sales rep literally laughed, I would assume from shock.
:lol:

Rochdale
10-07-2010, 07:54 PM

Never had an issue with David. l get a response same day.

Toronto Ruffrider
10-07-2010, 10:41 PM
I'm a goldlister and I asked when i would be able to pick up some season tickets. The sales rep literally laughed, I would assume from shock.
:lol:

I don't know why. I wouldn't be at all shocked if season tickets didn't sell out.

Section 110
10-08-2010, 06:55 AM

I emailed David and haven't heard back; in his defence, my email was not directed at him as much as the powers that be. Still, confirmation of some sort would go a long way. I asked that he pass the email along (it was not an angry email, rather one of resignation and disappointment) so I hope that he has done that. The sour taste in my mouth isn't the organic milk my pregnant wife makes me buy - it's that, no matter what, the TFC experience and everything I loved about it is now tainted. I don't know if I'll be able to care again. It's like I've been treated badly in a relationship where I was the one who was truly in love and she was just using me for my organic milk all along.

I'm joking, but I'm not.

__wowza
10-08-2010, 09:00 AM
i'm just going to use this arrow to indicate my thoughts on this matter.

http://pricesautorepair.com/ESW/Images/1arrow-pointing-down.jpg?xcache=9822

Mark in Ottawa
10-08-2010, 10:21 AM
[quote=skint;1144997
I had actually planned on not renewing but the person with seats in front of me wants tickets for his buddies for as many games as possible. So I guess that makes me part of the problem. We all know all ML$E cares about is money. Ultimately they will still get mine for another year.[/quote]

Risky business. What if your contact suddenly decides they don't want to use your tickets?

You will end up like many of us did this year... with extra tickets we couldn't sell at face value. ML$E would take them back but with no guarantee of being able to move them any better than we could ourselves (and then only for an account credit and not cash). You could end up swallowing part or all of the cost of some of these.

T.O TILL I DIE
10-08-2010, 05:37 PM
well will be getting coloumbus crew fans
im not renewing and im sure other people arent either

DichioTFC
10-08-2010, 05:40 PM
i'm just going to use this arrow to indicate my thoughts on this matter.

http://pricesautorepair.com/ESW/Images/1arrow-pointing-down.jpg?xcache=9822

i love the brilliance of this "last minute renewal" idea. I can't wait to see what happens to the guy in 112 or 113 who loves his seats, forgets to renew or cant get through on the last day because its so busy, and their tickets go to a scalper.

"I'm going to renew on the last day, that'll show them!!" :facepalm: