PDA

View Full Version : TFC @ Sounders post-game thread

Oldtimer
10-02-2010, 06:24 PM
A disappointing loss, but not an unexpected one.

Red Rat
10-02-2010, 06:26 PM
noooo

Red Rat
10-02-2010, 06:26 PM
the mods are here

flatpicker
10-02-2010, 06:30 PM
We've been Modified

flatpicker
10-02-2010, 06:32 PM
I'm gonna watch some preseason hockey.

WHITEY
10-02-2010, 06:32 PM
Fuck this team is garbage!

ArmenJBX
10-02-2010, 06:33 PM
We're not quite out of it yet are we?

If we get to 40 points in the next 3 games, and Kansas and San Jose lose all their games, we could get the last spot.

King Jeff
10-02-2010, 06:38 PM

If we get to 40 points in the next 3 games, and Kansas and San Jose lose all their games, we could get the last spot.

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/5807392/2/istockphoto_5807392-flying-pig.jpg

BakaGaijin
10-02-2010, 06:38 PM

Put the crack pipe down.

Chevy
10-02-2010, 06:39 PM
Pass the crack pipe around.

Fixed your post.

ArmenJBX
10-02-2010, 06:40 PM
I don't think we're going to do it, don't hate me :O

I'm just saying we're not mathematically out of it yet :D

ManUtd4ever
10-02-2010, 06:40 PM
The scoreline was flattering to TFC. The disparity in talent on the field today was evident throughout the entire match. The backline had their worst collective outing of the season. The only positive aspect of the game for TFC was the play of Lindsay in his limited minutes. The roster needs a serious overhaul in the form of at least a dozen players...

Red Rat
10-02-2010, 06:50 PM
Put the crack pipe down.

hahahahaaa
I haven't laugh this hard in such a long time, hahaha
I just lost point against my RPB license but it has been fun.
Now I need some crack and Screech

rr

rocker
10-02-2010, 06:59 PM
Would you trade JDG for Alonso? I think I would. And if I did, I'd save 1.6 million dollars with no loss of competency.

Red Rat
10-02-2010, 07:00 PM
Would you trade JDG for Alonso?

yes I would.
Just keep Frei, Attakora and Cann

ArmenJBX
10-02-2010, 07:00 PM
Without question yes.
Does the same job for much less and much more efficiently.

Chevy
10-02-2010, 07:06 PM
Would you trade JDG for Alonso? I think I would. And if I did, I'd save 1.6 million dollars with no loss of competency.

Why not throw DeRo into the deal and make it an even $2 million in savings?

ArmenJBX
10-02-2010, 07:10 PM
Keep De Rosario. I think he's proven his worth, more than most.

As of right now, my keep list includes:

Stefan Frei
Dan Gargan
Nana Attakora
Adrian Cann
Nick LaBrocca
Jacob Peterson
Dwayne De Rosario
Chad Barrett
Maicon Santos

as well as

Doneil Henry
Nicolas Lindsay

just because they're promising young players.

I'd also add:

Michael Harrington
Nakajima-Ferran
Brian Mullan

Chevy
10-02-2010, 07:16 PM
Jimmy, you're way too kind.

My list includes Frei, Cann, Gargan, Attakora, Usanov, Barrett and the two kids.

Chevy
10-02-2010, 07:17 PM
...and Conway. Because I like his videos.

ArmenJBX
10-02-2010, 07:18 PM
I feel my list contains players who are more than capable of playing in this league.

In reality, the only players that need to leave are JDG, Mista, Usanov/Hscanovics, and some others who just don't cut it as footballers, Nane for one.

Red Rat
10-02-2010, 07:19 PM
I feel my list contains players who are more than capable of playing in this league.

In reality, the only players that need to leave are JDG, Mista, Usanov/Hscanovics, and some others who just don't cut it as footballers, Nane for one.

White, don't forget White

ArmenJBX
10-02-2010, 07:19 PM
OBW can be loaned out. I see a goalscorer in him. However, he's way too slow.

Red Rat
10-02-2010, 07:20 PM
OBW can be loaned out. I see a goalscorer in him. However, he's way too slow.

yeah Foosball

WHITEY
10-02-2010, 07:21 PM

Stefan Frei
Dan Gargan
Nana Attakora
Adrian Cann
Nick LaBrocca
Jacob Peterson
Dwayne De Rosario
Chad Barrett
Maicon Santos

as well as

Doneil Henry
Nicolas Lindsay

I'd also add:

Michael Harrington
Nakajima-Ferran
Brian Mullan

I would keep DeRo, JDG, Attakora, Cann and Frei. That's it, that's all. The rest I would tell to fuck right off, no "thanks for coming out" no "thanks for your services" just plain old FUCK RIGHT OFF!

ArmenJBX
10-02-2010, 07:22 PM
We all know that there's no chance we get rid of 20 players and keep 4.

However, being realistic, in our squad lies 10-14 players who are MLS quality (or higher) players who we would be smart to keep, otherwise we're trading crap and getting crap back.

It is for this reason the likes of Nick LaBrocca and Maicon Santos make the list.

tfcleeds
10-02-2010, 07:23 PM

We were out of it a month ago...

Red Rat
10-02-2010, 07:26 PM

However, being realistic, in our squad lies 10-14 players who are MLS quality (or higher) players who we would be smart to keep, otherwise we're trading crap and getting crap back.

It is for this reason the likes of Nick LaBrocca and Maicon Santos make the list.
you are right, no one in the right mind will start with 4 players... except MLSE

and My apologies no picking intended

rr

WHITEY
10-02-2010, 07:28 PM

First of all I man being real, tell them all to fuck off except the handfull I mentioned. Second if we had 10-14 MLS quality fucking players we wouldn't be SO FUCKING USELESS! This team needs to be blown right up and started right from scratch and started properly because all of this bandaide cow waste "pick ups" or "fixes" is just that cow waste!

torontocelt
10-02-2010, 07:30 PM

Stefan Frei
Dan Gargan
Nana Attakora
Adrian Cann
Nick LaBrocca
Jacob Peterson
Dwayne De Rosario
Chad Barrett
Maicon Santos

as well as

Doneil Henry
Nicolas Lindsay

I'd also add:

Michael Harrington
Nakajima-Ferran
Brian Mullan

I almost spat my beer out on the computer when I read Jacob Peterson. Seriously barring his goal his last week he has done absolutely nothing and has on most occasions looked absolutely atrocious. In fairness to JDG he has not set the league on fire but he is a capable player and he is certainly streets ahead of Peterson.

Oldtimer
10-02-2010, 07:30 PM
This team actually is worse as a team than its component parts.

"Kudos" ;) to Mo and Preki for mis-assembling things so badly.

There is potential to save some pieces rather than throwing everything out.

Think NYRB last year.

ArmenJBX
10-02-2010, 07:34 PM
I will defend Jacob Peterson till my dying breath. :D

flatpicker
10-02-2010, 07:35 PM

Think NYRB last year.

Agreed.

I think Toronto could be greatly improved with 3 or 4 key changes.

kaos197O
10-02-2010, 07:36 PM
Dasovich calls out players without mentioning names. Can't wait to see the follow up on this one!

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/dasovic-throws-down-gauntlet-after-another-toronto-loss

torontocelt
10-02-2010, 07:41 PM
Dasovich calls out players without mentioning names. Can't wait to see the follow up on this one!

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/dasovic-throws-down-gauntlet-after-another-toronto-loss

I hope Dasovich has learned by now that you can have all the heart in the world but if you cannot play football nor understand football then you are not going to amount to much as a player. The big problem TFC has is that outside of a few players there is just not much quality in the team. Some of these guys are football players in job title only.

Hooligan69
10-02-2010, 07:43 PM
CTV announced the final score as 3-1. Good to see they're on top of things as always.

:rolleyes:

kaos197O
10-02-2010, 07:48 PM
I hope Dasovich has learned by now that you can have all the heart in the world but if you cannot play football nor understand football then you are not going to amount to much as a player. The big problem TFC has is that outside of a few players there is just not much quality in the team. Some of these guys are football players in job title only.
I'm sure that DASO knows. But he knew all this before he took over too.

I'm not sure who he's calling out directly but the defense seemed to want to play the trap all game and none of them wanted to stick to or follow their man. They murdered us on the wings.

Red Rat
10-02-2010, 07:53 PM

ouch someone is pissed

Auzzy
10-02-2010, 07:56 PM
Instead of just saying who we should ditch, how about more ideas about who we should get? TFC has been very good at getting rid of players since year one; it's been much harder to get decent players to replace them. I'm sure 80% of the current TFC players could find a spot on another MLS roster, although some of them not at their current salary. Some of the starters should be bench players as well. Others suck in the position their being forced into.

For example, Gargan ain't bad, at his price a great bench player to provide cover at MF or D. OK starting RB if the opposing doesn't have fast left wingers (and many MLS teams don't). But asking him to be a starting LB against a fast right-side attacker is plain suicide. Cann is obviously starting-quality CB for MLS, but he's been forced to play almost every minute of every game this season. He's been fading since August and needed an occasional break, but didn't get it. Today he screwed up, but was also left hung out to dry repeatedly by his DMs & his wingbacks. (Garcia was probably the best defender today, which isn't saying much...)

Anyway, our only chance is that we get an absolutely top-quality, experienced manager/director, who picks an absolute top-quality, experienced coach. (I don't give a crap about developing Cdn coaching talent, it's too late to worry about that now, in our 5th season.) Let them decided who to sign FIRST, before they decide who to ditch. And all of that w/o listening one iota to the supporters, fans, or senior MLSE managment.

Pookie
10-02-2010, 07:57 PM
So THAT'S what a full stadium looks like

WHITEY
10-02-2010, 08:02 PM

So THAT'S what a team headed for the playoffs looks like.

Hooligan69
10-02-2010, 08:04 PM

So THAT'S what a competently run football club with a commitment to winning looks like.

Auzzy

Yes and they're the 7th or 8th team heading for the playoffs. A bunch of other teams are much better yet. (Although, Seattle has been on quite a run as of late, after a bad start to the season.)

kaos197O
and support. BMO used to sound that good. Wonder what the players think? Especially those who know what we are capable of!

Auzzy
10-02-2010, 08:09 PM
and support. BMO used to sound that good. Wonder what the players think? Especially those who know what we are capable of!

Well, most of the 80+ players that have been on the TFC squad at one time or another, are long gone anyway...

WHITEY
10-02-2010, 08:24 PM
Yes and they're the 7th or 8th team heading for the playoffs. A bunch of other teams are much better yet. (Although, Seattle has been on quite a run as of late, after a bad start to the season.)

Hey 7th, 8th, 1st, 2nd who gives a flying fuck? They will be there and they have the same shot as the other 7 teams in the playoffs to win the whole damn thing unlike our beloved Reds who will be watching the fucking finals with their cocks in their hands.

TFC07
10-02-2010, 08:25 PM
This season can't finish fast enough. :(

Auzzy
10-02-2010, 08:33 PM
Hey 7th, 8th, 1st, 2nd who gives a flying fuck? They will be there and they have the same shot as the other 7 teams in the playoffs to win the whole damn thing unlike our beloved Reds who will be watching the fucking finals with their cocks in their hands.

I totally agree with you. In response to -- "that's what a team headed to the playoffs looks like" -- was just to highlight the massive difference in quality between TFC and the top half of the league. Seattle is good; a few other teams are even better. All of that with the same salary cap, same restrictions etc., but a freaking clue how to build a team & play like a team.

bgnewf
10-02-2010, 08:36 PM
http://viewfromthesouthstands.com/2010/10/sickness-in-seattle/

Hooligan69
10-02-2010, 08:37 PM
San Jose and Columbus played to a 0-0 draw.

Detroit_TFC
10-02-2010, 08:40 PM
There was more TFC people at the game than I expected, small groups of independents, Chad Barrett's relatives from Portland, etc. Unfortunately, although we were in the same section we were sitting at the bottom and they were at the top. Didn't do much chanting but we did sing Dichio at minute 23.

Qwest's Field Turf is completed cashed. They've put on and washed off the gridiron lines so often it has faded the Turf.

As for the game play, the turnovers killed us, plus guys who are usually pretty good, like Cann, were really off today.

sulfur
10-02-2010, 08:48 PM
The turf looked like shit on TV. Worse than BMO's ever did.

Also, Sigi said this in his post-game interview (http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=289882&cc=5901):

"I'm really proud of the way we came back after they scored the first goal to go up 2-1 at halftime," Seattle coach Sigi Schmid said. "Once we were up 3-1, we wanted to make sure the fans stayed involved so we decided to make it 3-2 at the very end."

denime
10-02-2010, 08:49 PM

Think NYRB last year.

If Preki got one more year I wonder what that would be,but as usual ML$E listens to the fans and players :facepalm: and fires coach.
In the same time every single writer who knows a little bit about this game saying he was fired to early and did not get the real chance to build the team to the end.And teams building starts with defense.
So now Daso is calling players out, really?
Aren't that the same players that said they want Daso to be their coach since they like him and they will play for him,yeah right.

Now our happy and relaxed players don't play defense at all 12 goals in 6 games,I think we did not get so many golas in last 10-11 games under Preki.

TFC and ML$E FO are using SG boards as a measure how fans feel about TFC and what they should do next.We wanted DeRo,JDG,Gerba and wow they got signed,we wanted Mo to Go and many of us Preki too guess what they are gone,and now we are unhappy about team performance,hmmmm.

I think we all forgot that Preki did not promise anything when he came here,we all knew it in January this season will be shitty once again,but unfortunately for us we got some good results before WC2010 and everyone started talking about playoffs,the whole month of August we did not have Barret and Santos,JDG and Mista few games too and no wonder we couldn't score, even DeRo was nowhere to find,but at least our defense kept us close in so many games,now we have a Swiss cheese defense 0 discipline in middle,and free for all up front.

Doesn't matter who we hire as the next GM and coach,do not expect anything next year or they will be gone before season ends. If you can't acept that do not renew your TFC ST and go watch Jays and Argos next summer,it really simple and easy.

Auzzy
10-02-2010, 08:59 PM
^ Yeah whatever, I also wasn't happy to see Preki go so soon. But even if he was right about the team effort etc, maybe he was just too much of an a--hole. Anyway, let's not keep tearing each other apart about byegones. They have to get an absolute top-tier manager/director for next year and start from there.

EDIT "for next year" I mean he has to be hired within the next 1-2 months so the interim guys don't start making stupid decisions in the meantime.

WHITEY
10-02-2010, 09:02 PM
^ Yeah whatever, I also wasn't happy to see Preki go so soon. But even if he was right about the team effort etc, maybe he was just too much of an a--hole. Anyway, let's not keep tearing each other apart about byegones. They have to get an absolute top-tier manager/director for next year and start from there.

LOL I don't think any top tier manager will touch this organization! I will be very surprised if we ever get top tier anything for this team.

Auzzy
10-02-2010, 09:08 PM
LOL I don't think any top tier manager will touch this organization! I will be very surprised if we ever get top tier anything for this team.

That, unfortunately, is a very damn good point....

kaos197O
10-02-2010, 09:09 PM
If Preki got one more year I wonder what that would be,but as usual ML$E listens to the fans and players :facepalm: and fires coach.
In the same time every single writer who knows a little bit about this game saying he was fired to early and did not get the real chance to build the team to the end.And teams building starts with defense.
So now Daso is calling players out, really?
Aren't that the same players that said they want Daso to be their coach since they like him and they will play for him,yeah right.

Now our happy and relaxed players don't play defense at all 12 goals in 6 games,I think we did not get so many golas in last 10-11 games under Preki.

TFC and ML$E FO are using SG boards as a measure how fans feel about TFC and what they should do next.We wanted DeRo,JDG,Gerba and wow they got signed,we wanted Mo to Go and many of us Preki too guess what they are gone,and now we are unhappy about team performance,hmmmm.

I think we all forgot that Preki did not promise anything when he came here,we all knew it in January this season will be shitty once again,but unfortunately for us we got some good results before WC2010 and everyone started talking about playoffs,the whole month of August we did not have Barret and Santos,JDG and Mista few games too and no wonder we couldn't score, even DeRo was nowhere to find,but at least our defense kept us close in so many games,now we have a Swiss cheese defense 0 discipline in middle,and free for all up front.

Doesn't matter who we hire as the next GM and coach,do not expect anything next year or they will be gone before season ends. If you can't acept that do not renew your TFC ST and go watch Jays and Argos next summer,it really simple and easy.

Do you really think MLSE is listening to US????? I don't. The boards were split on the JDG signing from what I remember and other than people bitching about "boring" Preki ball, I'm not certain that the general consensus was that we need to get rid of Preki! As for Gerba, I never wanted him here.....same with Mista for that matter!

I for one wished we hadn't gotten rid of Preki. I don't know what happened since he left but the defense has seemingly "checked out". Perhaps it's more to do with the freedom that was given to the offense, which has been producing. The same offense, however, are not supporting the defense and this is where JDG really needs to step up in his CDM role. I wonder if he's on board with Dero's demand for more cash and until he gets it we won't see the JDG that everyone knows he can be. Hmmmmm.

There's hope under DASO but only if he can get the balance that this team needs. First off a good GM and then some tweaking. 4 maybe 5 players and a true system. Not just freedom!

denime
10-02-2010, 09:11 PM

EDIT "for next year" I mean he has to be hired within the next 1-2 months so the interim guys don't start making stupid decisions in the meantime.

Coach is and has to be an Ash ole,you think players love coaches like Ferguson or Maghat,they fear from them and that's why they perform.Players are professionals and there is no such a thing as loving the coach.They should Love their girlfriends or boyfriends if they have a need for love,coach is there to make them play as a team and try to win a game.

denime
10-02-2010, 09:12 PM
Do you really think MLSE is listening to US????? I don't. The boards were split on the JDG signing from what I remember and other than people bitching about "boring" Preki ball, I'm not certain that the general consensus was that we need to get rid of Preki! As for Gerba, I never wanted him here.....same with Mista for that matter!

I for one wished we hadn't gotten rid of Preki. I don't know what happened since he left but the defense has seemingly "checked out". Perhaps it's more to do with the freedom that was given to the offense, which has been producing. The same offense, however, are not supporting the defense and this is where JDG really needs to step up in his CDM role. I wonder if he's on board with Dero's demand for more cash and until he gets it we won't see the JDG that everyone knows he can be. Hmmmmm.

There's hope under DASO but only if he can get the balance that this team needs. First off a good GM and then some tweaking. 4 maybe 5 players and a true system. Not just freedom!

If you go back a year or so you will find out that many members wanted those players.

Offense is producing now because we did not have healthy players in August,we played with OBW and Ibrahim as starters,it has nothing to do with Daso or new system,it more we have all our payers back.

Auzzy
10-02-2010, 09:17 PM
Well, there's different types of coaches, they are not all like that. Plus in addition to being a hard-ass, Preki also made some weird decisions which didn't help his cause.

Anyway, I probably agree with you more than many others. By ditching Preki before the end of his first season it makes the team look even more like a banana republic, & harder to sign anyone decent in the future.

I just hope by their choice of a new manager, they will show that the players & senior MLSE management won't be running the team anymore. No idea if anyone good will want to go near this team (as Whitey said), but maybe if MLSE drop some MAJOR cash it's possible....?????????????????????

TFC07
10-02-2010, 09:22 PM
I think something really happened off the field that got Perki fired! I agree Perki should have left the team once the season was over, but I guess people just couldn't stand him at all.

kaos197O
10-02-2010, 09:23 PM
and you considering yourself as a board I guess.If you go back a year or so you will find out that many members wanted those players.

Offense is producing now because we did not have healthy players in August,we played with OBW and Ibrahim as starters,it has nothing to do with Daso or new system,it more we have all our payers back.
Ummmmm, I don't consider myself a board and there were naysayers. Irrelevant really because I don't believe that MLSE is making all it's decisions based on the opinions of a couple hundred people.

As for the offense, perhaps you are right. I've said for years that with Barrett in our line up things open up all over the pitch because he makes good runs and exposes defenders. He was out and now is back.

I did mention we need a real system and I don't know if Daso can deliver on that. Get me a proven coach and then they can sack him too, but till then.........

bgnewf
10-02-2010, 09:23 PM
There is no salary cap on a front office. There is no salary cap on scouting. And lord knows TFC has cash.

The coaching and front office positions can be filled with the right people. Of that there is no doubt.

If they are raising prices again, which we all know they are, then put that money into the front office at least and not into some fucking sports bar or condo development

UltraSuperMegaMo
10-02-2010, 09:26 PM
Good. TFC needs major changes, more losses equals more changes.

Said it before, I'll say it again, Rafael Carjabal for TFC in 2011.

Auzzy
10-02-2010, 09:32 PM
Wow, how's this for a fittingly depressing article: http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1110/major-league-soccer/2010/10/02/2148007/toronto-fc-comes-to-grips-with-awful-season

Frei isn't so sure about the plan to keep the current roster together.

"With efforts like this," he said, "I don't think much of us deserve to be here."

kaos197O
10-02-2010, 09:32 PM
There is no salary cap on a front office. There is no salary cap on scouting. And lord knows TFC has cash.

The coaching and front office positions can be filled with the right people. Of that there is no doubt.
This is very true! They have the funds to do so but they have a terrible history of finding the right people. They also have to decide that it's actually worth it for them to care about doing so. Will revenues and profits soar with the right GM and coach? Enough to cover the expense of investing in them and development? If not, they are just spending oodles of dough for what? It's a gamble. I'm not sure any of us have the answer to these questions but the brass at MLSE would have a fairly good idea of what they can get out of this club and the market.

kaos197O
10-02-2010, 09:38 PM
Wow, how's this for a fittingly depressing article: http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1110/major-league-soccer/2010/10/02/2148007/toronto-fc-comes-to-grips-with-awful-season
Well i guess we know at least 2 people who are committed to this club and unfortunately, both may be gone next season!

Did anything change since the end of last season?

Blizzard
10-02-2010, 09:44 PM
There was more TFC people at the game than I expected, small groups of independents, Chad Barrett's relatives from Portland, etc. Unfortunately, although we were in the same section we were sitting at the bottom and they were at the top. Didn't do much chanting but we did sing Dichio at minute 23.

Qwest's Field Turf is completed cashed. They've put on and washed off the gridiron lines so often it has faded the Turf.

As for the game play, the turnovers killed us, plus guys who are usually pretty good, like Cann, were really off today.

They had a bit of good luck on the first goal as it was offside.
http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab167/greenfield267/SeattleOffside.jpg
Gargan is the missing D in this shot but the video shows he wasn't a factor.

Auzzy
10-02-2010, 09:51 PM
They had a bit of good luck on the first goal as it was offside.
http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab167/greenfield267/SeattleOffside.jpg
Gargan is the missing D in this shot but the video shows he wasn't a factor.

Thanks for that. I figured it was offside & was pissed at the time. By the end of the game, they were just lucky that Seattle didn't score 3 more.

Beach_Red
10-02-2010, 09:53 PM

If they are raising prices again, which we all know they are, then put that money into the front office at least and not into some fucking sports bar or condo development

Plus they had three years of profits with one of the smallest front offices in the league, so they really should starry spending the money.

But unlike hockey and basketball they have to compete with the whole world for soccer talent.

Auzzy
10-02-2010, 09:58 PM
Plus they had three years of profits with one of the smallest front offices in the league, so they really should starry spending the money.

But unlike hockey and basketball they have to compete with the whole world for soccer talent.

Unlike hockey & basketball they have the whole world to find soccer talent.

Blizzard
10-02-2010, 10:02 PM
Thanks for that. I figured it was offside & was pissed at the time. By the end of the game, they were just lucky that Seattle didn't score 3 more.

I have to admit that my eyes were not on the TV at that moment and (frustratingly), the replay showed by the US production crew started well after the pass was initiated so I grabbed this from Game In Six to satisfy my own curiosity.

Hey, what's new. We got screwed again.

Beach_Red
10-02-2010, 10:07 PM
Unlike hockey & basketball they have the whole world to find soccer talent.

Yes, that's a better way to look at. I have such little faith in these guys, but maybe if they hire a good consultant, a good headhunter, and if they find someone and offer enough money it could work.

An MLS team really can be turned around quickly if it's well-run.

So, this will be the most important decision MLSE will make with this team. Let's hope this time they decide to hire someone with a little experience. Chances are they required the manager of their new sports bar to have more experience than the guy they hired to be the first GM of the team.

TFC USA
10-02-2010, 10:15 PM
http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/5807392/2/istockphoto_5807392-flying-pig.jpg

He's quite simply the most blind sheep optimist on RPB forums today.

ArmenJBX
10-02-2010, 10:24 PM
I'm the most blind optimist who can actually attend MY Toronto FC games and cheer on MY boys while living in MY city and wearing MY colours...yes, that's right, colOUrs, with an OU.

Can you say the same, TFC_USA?

WHITEY
10-02-2010, 10:27 PM
I'm the most blind optimist who can actually attend MY Toronto FC games and cheer on MY boys while living in MY city and wearing MY colours...yes, that's right, colOUrs, with an OU.

What the fuck is there to cheer about/for? Really?

TFC USA
10-02-2010, 10:35 PM

Don't play that fucking fan card with me. I do not have the financial means to attend TFC games either in Toronto or on away trips. I watch every god damn game either on television or on a shitty stream where I'm squinting. I cheer this team every game and I want what's best.

But when tough shit happens and this team is a joke why should I continue to invest over 2 hours of my time for substandard play? The only thing I'm thankful for is I don't pay too much to watch TFC (I have FSC + Direct Kick on occasion).This applies to every sport. Look at the NFL, when the Lions are routinely winning 2-3 games out of 16 they don't sell that place out. This applies to any team in any sport, when the team doesn't win they will lose fan support. It's not bandwagoning unless you openly say you're going to be a Crew fan from now on. People spend their money on merchandise, beer, tickets, seats, and I guess car gasoline, to watch this team perform subpar.

If you're going to act like a "I'm a better fan than you" type of person then you have problems extending beyond Toronto FC.

shwade
10-02-2010, 10:42 PM

I came here to say word for word the same thing. I miss it.

habstfc
10-02-2010, 11:03 PM
If TFC wins their last 3 games, they'll have 40 points, that's one more than last year.

TFC USA
10-02-2010, 11:07 PM
If my mother had a penis.....she'd be a transvestite.

We will not win 3 games.

billyfly
10-02-2010, 11:33 PM
I think something really happened off the field that got Perki fired! I agree Perki should have left the team once the season was over, but I guess people just couldn't stand him at all.

Big fight between Preki and Dasovic

billyfly
10-02-2010, 11:35 PM
Just like Neil Young said:

"I wish I was a trapper, I'd give a thousand pelts" to see TFC in the playoffs

nascarguy
10-03-2010, 01:06 AM
I'm use to supporting teams that are run very bad TFC and liverpool are the same shit both owner fucked up there teams and supporter's

Flipityflu
10-03-2010, 01:41 AM
I'm use to supporting teams that are run very bad TFC and liverpool are the same shit both owner fucked up there teams and supporter's

tell me about it

its not been a good year to be a TFC/Liverpool/England supporter.

at least my TM team is in 2nd place. its just fucking sad that the only football team giving me any pleasure is fictional. damn it.

Jeff s
10-03-2010, 02:27 AM
LaBrocca's performance was laughable. Just awful. Not even sure he completed a pass.

Gargan is getting worse and worse. He's just a decent bench player. Thats it.

Keystone FC
10-03-2010, 03:09 AM
If TFC wins their last 3 games, they'll have 40 points, that's one more than last year.
A few weeks ago I was just hoping for a winning season or at least .500. I don't think we'll get that but stranger things have happened.
What really irks me is that everything is falling into place for TFC through other teams losing or just coming up with one point. If TFC would have just won a few games throughout the season then we would be in a playoff spot.
My hope is now that we finish ABOVE Philly (the expansion club).:picard:

Mikey
10-03-2010, 07:09 AM

No doubt I will be getting a TFC email with this triumphant headline.....

menefreghista
10-03-2010, 07:50 AM
No doubt I will be getting a TFC email with this triumphant headline.....

LOL. For sure.

I actually wonder if this team can surpass the 2008 point level of 35 points. Never mind 40 points.

ArmenJBX
10-03-2010, 07:55 AM
No one is forcing you to squint at a shitty stream. If you're committed that's awesome, but this is the second post game thread in a row where you've taken a shot at me and it's twice too many. Just because I'm not calling for the goddamn head of the popcorn guy at BMO or whoever the latest scapegoat may be doesn't make me a blind optomist, and the anger here is making everything overexaggerated. The team as a whole is not bad, it needs a few more pieces, to suggest that starting from scratch again is the only option is moronic; that's how we get here in the first place! Why would I fight on the field for someone I just met, and if I'm the player being traded in, why would I enjoy going to the team where after one year you're either loved or called to die.

You may be supporters but there's more to it then that. All teams small or grand go through hard times. It's why wasting your energy being angry doesn't help. TFC isn't going to become MLS cup champions if you're angry on a forum, or insulting others for not being so.

And I'll say this once more, enough is enough. Stop taking shots at me in public. If you have a problem with me take it up with a mod or PM me and we can work it out like rational people.

menefreghista
10-03-2010, 08:01 AM
Just like Neil Young said:

"I wish I was a trapper, I'd give a thousand pelts" to see TFC in the playoffs

Didn't he also write:

"Keep me searching for a playoff game, and I'm getting old"

tfc2008
10-03-2010, 08:48 AM
Ashame for MLS this team they make mistakes as peewees

torontocelt
10-03-2010, 09:27 AM
If you go back a year or so you will find out that many members wanted those players.

I think you speak a lot of sense Denime, getting rid of Preki when we did, so close to the end of the season was not a good idea. Preki should have been allowed to see the season out without having MoJo as his GM, then we would have been able to judge if he was capable or not. There were many people on here who stated that Preki didn't accomplish much by making TFC quite difficult to beat and I think that now we are perhaps seeing that organizing a team to defend is not an easy skill especially when half your team truly sucks. You are also right about Preki being hampered in August by injuries to our 'best' attacking players, you are never going to win anything with players like OBW and Ibrahim, I cannot see any future in the game for either of those guys despite their age.

I am not saying Preki was the answer to our problems after all but I do think it was a mistake to not let him see out the rest of the season. The only way I would have got rid of him was if we were some how able to tempt a proven MLS manager to come in and take over the reigns for a short period of time much like what used to happen in England with Bobby Robson and Ron Atkinson. Replacing Preki with an unproven Daso was probably not the best idea in my opinion.

What is worrying for me is yet another rebuilding process. People here have commented that we only need a few players and you can see where they are coming from as we do have a handful of capable players. What worries me though is that although it looks like we have a good spine, this same spine has still managed to come up short this season. Theoretically a spine consisting of : Frei, Attakora, Cann, De Guzman and DeRo should be more than capable for the MLS but now I am beginning to question whether that spine is actually good enough? I still think it is and the team should still be based on this spine however the next manager appointment has to be the right one. TFC is screaming out for a good coach, this spine should be good enough for a playoff spot, now we need to put players in there who can help them.

ag futbol
10-03-2010, 09:28 AM
Coach is and has to be an Ash ole,you think players love coaches like Ferguson or Maghat,they fear from them and that's why they perform.Players are professionals and there is no such a thing as loving the coach.They should Love their girlfriends or boyfriends if they have a need for love,coach is there to make them play as a team and try to win a game.
Disagree.

You're making is sound like the only successful coaches are guys like Preki who just treat their players like Dogs. Fact is, that approach is rarely successful in the long run and is usually proliferated by lower table clubs trying to fight relegation as opposed to achieving something great. The manager comes in, grinds a few people to a pulp to get some short term success, inevitably loses the room and moves on.

If you want to be successful as a football coach you have to walk the line between getting along with the players and being an authoritative figure.

Carts
10-03-2010, 09:54 AM
Disagree.

You're making is sound like the only successful coaches are guys like Preki who just treat their players like Dogs. Fact is, that approach is rarely successful in the long run and is usually proliferated by lower table clubs trying to fight relegation as opposed to achieving something great. The manager comes in, grinds a few people to a pulp to get some short term success, inevitably loses the room and moves on.

If you want to be successful as a football coach you have to walk the line between getting along with the players and being an authoritative figure.

This is 100% correct...

Fergie was mentioned in the thread. None of the players fear Fergie. I love reading football autobiographies and ones I've read players often refer to Fergie as a 'father figure'. Not stern and spiteful or that they're fearfull of him...

Although a different sport, Mike Keenan spoke of how he had to change his coaching tactics to evolve with today's pro athlete. Back in the day, he was that asshole who players hated and feared. But in a very good interview prior to getting the Flames job a while back, he talked about how he had to change, get away from being that type of person and coach. It doesn't work in today's professional sports environment...

A coach must be both an authority figure, and someone the players like and respect. I think that sums up a "father" perfectly. We love our dads, they're our buds, but at the same time they're the boss and dish out the dicipline...

Its not suprising that the many of the top coaches in the world, with much success are constantly referred to as "father figures"...

Carts...

Beach_Red
10-03-2010, 10:26 AM
I think you speak a lot of sense Denime, getting rid of Preki when we did, so close to the end of the season was not a good idea. Preki should have been allowed to see the season out without having MoJo as his GM, then we would have been able to judge if he was capable or not. There were many people on here who stated that Preki didn't accomplish much by making TFC quite difficult to beat and I think that now we are perhaps seeing that organizing a team to defend is not an easy skill especially when half your team truly sucks. You are also right about Preki being hampered in August by injuries to our 'best' attacking players, you are never going to win anything with players like OBW and Ibrahim, I cannot see any future in the game for either of those guys despite their age.

Some good points. The roster Preki was working with for the irst half of this season was weak - partly because of so many late additions and also because of injuries. And because it takes a while to institute a new system.

So, it again shows MLSE's poor decision making - they didn't look at why the team wasn't winning, or at what areas were improving or where it was headed.

With the Preki hiring it seems that the team was moving more to a New England-style of operations where the coach was making almost all the decisions and requests and the GM was more of a fill-the-coach's-request, deal with ownership position. Which probably would have worked out better, or was at least worth giving it a better shot.

But because there was never a senior soccer person in the organization there was never any eadership and never any plan.

The team really needs a president or a chairman who's past the point in his career where he has to prove anything to anyone and isn't scrambling from one job to the next.

This isn't a situation a coach or manager can fix.

Mattsp71
10-03-2010, 10:43 AM
Do alot of people know why Sigi was fired. He was accused of the many same things that were said about Preki. Sigi's style of play was too boring. Sigi also rubbed alot of the LA players the wrong way and there was a player led revolt led by Cobi Jones, because Sigi demanded you be a professional and he was fired and he was in First place at the time. Look at what Sigi did to the Columbus roster when he took over 3 Players were left from the 2006 team.
What coach would come here with the revolving door. I really like the Coach from Akron he was going for the record for consecutive shutouts by a team, alot of the players on his team will be GA, I don't think he would come if the players get whatever they want.

I tried to find out but why was Frei left off the CCL game agianst RSL?

sulfur
10-03-2010, 10:47 AM
I tried to find out but why was Frei left off the CCL game agianst RSL?
Reportedly had a sore ankle, and they wanted to rest it for the Seattle game.

TOBOR !
10-03-2010, 11:03 AM
Guys... Guys, I've read some of this thread and I think many of you have lost perspective. You have to remember that we're only a 4th year expansion side. You can't expect overnight success. Dynasties don't appear magically. It takes a while for a club to develop a playing philosophy. Be patient people, we're only two or three coaching changes and at least one general team overhaul away from consistency.

Red Rat
10-03-2010, 11:08 AM
Guys... Guys, I've read some of this thread and I think many of you have lost perspective. You have to remember that we're only a 4th year expansion side. You can't expect overnight success. Dynasties don't appear magically. It takes a while for a club to develop a playing philosophy. Be patient people, we're only two or three coaching changes and at least one general team overhaul away from consistency.

I believed this is year 1 , 2 3 and 4th. Now how can you make good decisions if the owner is incompetent?

RealG-TFC
10-03-2010, 11:15 AM
^ I think what he's trying to say is while discomfort and anger is absolutely merited, becoming enraged to the point of abandoning the team altogether is an exaggeration. Or he's being sarcastic...i really can't tell...

mastermixer
10-03-2010, 11:16 AM
Some good points. The roster Preki was working with for the irst half of this season was weak - partly because of so many late additions and also because of injuries. And because it takes a while to institute a new system.

So, it again shows MLSE's poor decision making - they didn't look at why the team wasn't winning, or at what areas were improving or where it was headed.

With the Preki hiring it seems that the team was moving more to a New England-style of operations where the coach was making almost all the decisions and requests and the GM was more of a fill-the-coach's-request, deal with ownership position. Which probably would have worked out better, or was at least worth giving it a better shot.

But because there was never a senior soccer person in the organization there was never any eadership and never any plan.

The team really needs a president or a chairman who's past the point in his career where he has to prove anything to anyone and isn't scrambling from one job to the next.

This isn't a situation a coach or manager can fix.

Wait... I've read recent posts and now I'm confused... So now we want Preki back??:facepalm:
The reason we have been scoring lately is because Daso decided to play offence. That's it. If Preki was still here we would be watching the same boring soccer we dealt with for the majority of the season. If you see Seattle you see that they have an offensive minded team and it is a pleasure to watch. If they kept playing defence style lets hope for a goal tactics then MLSE cant have my money.

ecospice
10-03-2010, 12:57 PM
I would keep DeRo, JDG, Attakora, Cann and Frei. That's it, that's all. The rest I would tell to fuck right off, no "thanks for coming out" no "thanks for your services" just plain old FUCK RIGHT OFF!

Agreed. Well, almost. I'd keep Barrett. ...and Gargan and Labrocca for depth only, too. Other than that, you are spot on. And I would add the entire front office to those told to F-Off...

Super
10-03-2010, 01:30 PM
^ I think what he's trying to say is while discomfort and anger is absolutely merited, becoming enraged to the point of abandoning the team altogether is an exaggeration. Or he's being sarcastic...i really can't tell...

This!

TOBOR !
10-03-2010, 03:03 PM
^ busted !

ag futbol
10-03-2010, 03:07 PM
Do alot of people know why Sigi was fired. He was accused of the many same things that were said about Preki. Sigi's style of play was too boring. Sigi also rubbed alot of the LA players the wrong way and there was a player led revolt led by Cobi Jones, because Sigi demanded you be a professional and he was fired and he was in First place at the time. Look at what Sigi did to the Columbus roster when he took over 3 Players were left from the 2006 team.

Ok, there are some commonalities there but there's a lot of dissimilarities also. Sigi was the manager in LA for a couple years prior, had actually won things, and as Carts described, it doesn't mean that he didn't evolve after leaving the Galaxy.

For LA's part in the process, they fired Sigi, won MLS cup and US Open cup next year. Hard to complain about that.

rocker
10-03-2010, 07:15 PM
Sigi also didn't make the playoffs his first 2 years in CBus. And he dismantled the team he inherited massively.

dow117
10-03-2010, 11:01 PM
I was at this game with a few others and after the game, only Barrett looked over and acknowledged the TFC fans ... and that's because his family was sitting in the section. \the team could have at least made an effort after the humiliation ...dissapointed!!!

felipe
10-04-2010, 10:31 AM
Ahem...Don't forget the five year plan!