PDA

View Full Version : An alternative approach

4evared
09-30-2010, 05:51 PM
Wow. What a damaging, difficult and disturbing last few weeks. I understand all of the negativity and anger towards the ML$E. I think that it is justified and we as a group need to do something to show our displeasure at the latest round of BS that has come our way from them.

I will follow any route that the collective eventually decide on.

If it is a protest, march, boycott, sit in or whatever then I will be there in support, full voice or quiet.

What I want to propose is to not boycott our last MLS game of the season against Columbus. We have too much dislike and history against them for us to not show up.

I want us to NOT sing any songs or chants that have any ties with the TFC. I propose that we divide the 90 mins up into approx 6 min intevals ( which will give us 15 segments, 11 starters, 3 subs and Danny). For the first minute we chant one players, say, Stephan Frie, for 1 minute, then we stay SILENT for the next 5 minutes. At the start of the 6th minute we start on another players name (even Nick Garcia). and so on. At 23:13, we of course start on Danny. We would then finish off with Dero (our captain).

This idea may be completly ridiculous, but I believe that we should be the supporters that we are and always will be. We need to be there for the team on the field. They are not the ones that are trying to rob us blind.

I know that we do not have songs or chants for each player, which in itself is shame. It can be a generic tune for those that do not have there own.

Thats my $0.02

Red Rat
09-30-2010, 06:25 PM
or we just burn down BMO and Real Sports Bar and Grill.

rr

algieb
09-30-2010, 08:03 PM
why dont all tfc fans show there anger by not going to the final this is going to hurt the top brass more than any march or banners,this game is on tv all over the states,the top guys at tfc will be embarressed no end at this display by the fans i for one will not be there and will not sell or give my tic away

Wildgreek
09-30-2010, 08:22 PM
why dont all tfc fans show there anger by not going to the final this is going to hurt the top brass more than any march or banners,this game is on tv all over the states,the top guys at tfc will be embarressed no end at this display by the fans i for one will not be there and will not sell or give my tic away

+1 !!!!!

Chevy
09-30-2010, 08:27 PM

Show your anger by RENEWING your season's tickets?

Roogsy
09-30-2010, 08:36 PM
Wow. What a damaging, difficult and disturbing last few weeks. I understand all of the negativity and anger towards the ML$E. I think that it is justified and we as a group need to do something to show our displeasure at the latest round of BS that has come our way from them.

I will follow any route that the collective eventually decide on.

If it is a protest, march, boycott, sit in or whatever then I will be there in support, full voice or quiet.

What I want to propose is to not boycott our last MLS game of the season against Columbus. We have too much dislike and history against them for us to not show up.

I want us to NOT sing any songs or chants that have any ties with the TFC. I propose that we divide the 90 mins up into approx 6 min intevals ( which will give us 15 segments, 11 starters, 3 subs and Danny). For the first minute we chant one players, say, Stephan Frie, for 1 minute, then we stay SILENT for the next 5 minutes. At the start of the 6th minute we start on another players name (even Nick Garcia). and so on. At 23:13, we of course start on Danny. We would then finish off with Dero (our captain).

This idea may be completly ridiculous, but I believe that we should be the supporters that we are and always will be. We need to be there for the team on the field. They are not the ones that are trying to rob us blind.

I know that we do not have songs or chants for each player, which in itself is shame. It can be a generic tune for those that do not have there own.

Thats my $0.02

I feel your conflict my man. I dunno what to tell you. I've been angry, sad, apathetic and then angry again for days on end now. I really don't know what the answer is but I hope that all supporters come to a consensus at some point.

ParadymeTFC
09-30-2010, 08:44 PM

So your plan is to give MLSE your money for nothing and that will upset them?

What's the fastest way to get one your bad side?

MKR
09-30-2010, 08:47 PM
the easiest things to do is just skip the stupid final. Key word being easiest.

I mean really does anyone care if LA or Columbus or Salt Lake wins the championship?

Maybe some of members here have a real interest in those teams, but i don't.

MKR
09-30-2010, 08:52 PM

Seems to me it's more a case of MLSE taking money for a service they know you don't want. But hey tomato / tomahto right?

MLSE want the league to applaud the great job they've been doing here in Toronto. As has been mentioned countless times the whole event would be a big failure if only 10 000 people showed up. I'd laugh my ass off.

It would be pretty much the biggest slap you could give ML$E and it would speak about a million times more than some 'don't sing for 20 minutes' protest that will never work anyways.

Blizzard
09-30-2010, 09:07 PM
the easiest things to do is just skip the stupid final. Key word being easiest.

I mean really does anyone care if LA or Columbus or Salt Lake wins the championship?

Maybe some of members here have a real interest in those teams, but i don't.

Maybe some would just like to see an entertaining match? I'll be there with my only regret being that Toronto FC will not be playing in the match.

king dave
09-30-2010, 09:22 PM
Wow.

Thats my $0.02
Eat a dick.
KD.

ochos
09-30-2010, 09:36 PM
Combine the player chants with anti MLSE chants and I'm sold. Check the PROTEST thread. Here's my suggestion so far.

For the Columbus game..
- pre-game protest campaign outside gate 1 (where the most traffic is)
- 25 min protest outside the offices, long enough that it wont look like late comers (sorry but Dichio will understand if we miss his chant this time, and I think a worthy first time)
- sandwich boards/leaflet handouts asking fans not to buy beer/merchandise
- THIS HAS TO BE NON-AGGRESSIVE, AND FRIENDLY EVEN TO THOSE BUYING STUFF
- WE CAN SUGGEST TO FANS WHERE TO PURCHASE FROM INDEPENDENT VENDORS
- Anti-MLSE chant right away so anyone by that point still doesn't know will hear us in full voice.
- DICHIO chant first once the anti-MLSE chant is over to show love
- Player chants for every player on the pitch thoughout the game
- no TFC chants or mention of Toronto
- Half Time - more campaigning telling people options to complain (petitions to lower season ticket prices? letters to ticket reps? demands for public apology?)

I want to reiterate that in no way should any supporters start acting like G20 idiots and pick fights with other fans if they're not following suit, cops/security, etc.. Don't think of this as a reason to get trashed, throwing beers on the pitch and acting like anarchists.. you're only giving fodder for the wrong headlines in the morning.

Last - if the group leaders feel it wise, release a presser prior to the game to update them on our full concerns, and to dispell any potential unfavourable actions by rogue fans.

algieb
10-01-2010, 10:21 PM

you have two options dont renew your season tic , or renew , all i am saying this is my way off protesting all the top people will be there from mls an empty stadium will speak volumes , rather than chants or bannersor silent protests, the media coverage would be fantastic ,from being a sellout all year to empty for there big day iff you go to the game you are saying what you guys done with my freedom of choice is ok by me

Hooligan69
10-02-2010, 01:04 AM
or we just burn down BMO and Real Sports Bar and Grill.

rr

http://mediaelites.com/files/2010/04/angry-mob2.jpg